• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
Not exactly good, just thought I would make a little something using the image @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia made. I simply pasted it in to place.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I had a suggestion for his Down Special. What if he pulls out a remote control, presses a button, and a steel keg appears in front of him. He can kick the keg as a projectile or use it as a shield. Here's the katch though; if a projectile hits it or at least an electric one, it gains the power of the projectile, so it will do that much damage plus however much damage it would normally do. He can also throw opponents into it. This would be inspired by the fight in the Knautilus where you have to use to the steel kegs to absorb the electricity.
Someone should send this great idea in through the ballot. It could work like Villager's tree, where one input generates the keg and the second causes K. Rool to pull out his remote and shoot an electric ball.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ladies and Gentlemen (and @SmashRiver64:troll:) i present to you......

SUPER CRASH VILLAINS (and antagonists):
Roster:

Bowser
Bowser Jr and Koopalings
King Boo

Kamek

Wario Land Wario
Captain Syrup
Waluigi (this is my post so will put who i want)

Ganondorf
Pig Ganon
Vaati
Ghirahim
Skull Kid

Ridley
Dark Samus
Mother Brain

The original Donkey Kong from the arcades.
King K.Rool

Porky
Masked Man

Medusa
Hades
Eggplant Wizard :troll:(http://angstyguy.deviantart.com/art/Eggplant-Wizard-s-SSBB-Moves-54223163)

King Dedede
Meta Knight
Dark Matter

King Hippo
Bald Bull

Wolf
Leon Powalski
Andross

Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Black Knight from FE
Medeus from FE

Alex from Golden Sun
Saturos with Menardi alt.

Plasm Wraith

Mewtwo
Team Rocket (something like this:http://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-ROCKET-527087689)
Meowth

Zanza from Xenoblade

Third Parties:
Dr. Wily
Dr. "Eggman" Robotnik
M.Bison
Heihachi Mishima
Dracula from Castlevania

Any other ideas for Villain-Centric roster?

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
If Kamek got in it would be as a Yoshi rep.
He is a Yoshi villian
But yh..mario villian too .
I kinda forgot about that. If he is taken as a yoshi villain then he is a great rep. I just usually think of him as a mario rep because of the new super mario bros games. This is kinda embarrassing since yoshi's island is one of my favorite snes games.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I highly doubt that but if you do think about it, In the first DKC game, every time you jumped on k rool, he would constantly run faster and faster. He could be but because he is a fat crocodile with a big belly, that may slow him down a bit
People have suggestd he have a lucario aura like mechanic but instead of getting stronger he gets faster like he does in DKC 1.2 boss fights. The thing is i dont want him to be pathetic slow at 0% like lucario is weak at 0%.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ladies and Gentlemen (and @SmashRiver64:troll:) i present to you......

SUPER CRASH VILLAINS (and antagonists):
Roster:

Bowser
Bowser Jr and Koopalings
King Boo

Kamek

Wario Land Wario
Captain Syrup
Waluigi (this is my post so will put who i want)

Ganondorf
Pig Ganon
Vaati
Ghirahim
Skull Kid

Ridley
Dark Samus
Mother Brain

The original Donkey Kong from the arcades.
King K.Rool

Porky
Masked Man

Medusa
Hades
Eggplant Wizard :troll:(http://angstyguy.deviantart.com/art/Eggplant-Wizard-s-SSBB-Moves-54223163)

King Dedede
Meta Knight
Dark Matter

King Hippo
Bald Bull

Wolf
Leon Powalski
Andross

Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Black Knight from FE
Medeus from FE

Alex from Golden Sun
Saturos with Menardi alt.

Plasm Wraith

Mewtwo
Team Rocket (something like this:http://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-ROCKET-527087689)
Meowth

Zanza from Xenoblade

Third Parties:
Dr. Wily
Dr. "Eggman" Robotnik
M.Bison
Heihachi Mishima
Dracula from Castlevania

Any other ideas for Villain-Centric roster?
No Water Wraith
Cancelling preorder

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Someone should send this great idea in through the ballot. It could work like Villager's tree, where one input generates the keg and the second causes K. Rool to pull out his remote and shoot an electric ball.
I doubt that they'd implement it, but Bagan said he might be doing K. Rool at the end of the year. He'd definitely listen.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
People have suggestd he have a lucario aura like mechanic but instead of getting stronger he gets faster like he does in DKC 1.2 boss fights. The thing is i dont want him to be pathetic slow at 0% like lucario is weak at 0%.
that would be so cool lol

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Phew, Done!.. As I promised, the Alt. Colors based on various Kremlings (and Lord Fredrik), just like I did for the Paon Design; Was harder than it looks, .. the belly armor reflection is difficult to set the ideal color pallets (and in the case of Fredrik's Alt, there are two tones of colors there);

I also changed some details, like Klumps color to match his Rare design just like K.Rool. =).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I doubt that they'd implement it, but Bagan said he might be doing K. Rool at the end of the year. He'd definitely listen.
Yeah, getting any fan ideas implemented is a longshot. It's probably a good idea to send as many cool move concepts to the developers as possible anyhow. It certainly sets us above all the other character votes with reasons like "their game was so good!"

Phew, Done!.. As I promised, the Alt. Colors based on various Kremlings (and Lord Fredrik), just like I did for the Paon Design; Was harder than it looks, .. the belly armor reflection is difficult to set the ideal color pallets (and in the case of Fredrik's Alt, there are two tones of colors there);

I also changed some details, like Klumps color to match his Rare design just like K.Rool. =).
Glorious!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

I like the colors but I was thinking if K Rool got in he would have alts or colors to match his other personas. One for Kaptain, Baron, Krusha. Then have a PAON one (if they use Rare design and vice versa. If they mix them well then this won't really be here). The rest can be based off of the Kremling army.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

My initial reaction was, "Oh man this is really cool, I love that Krusha alt, that's the colour I'd pl--NO WAY THAT LORD FREDRIK ALT IS THE GOAT."

I love, love, love, LOVE the Fredrik alt! Infinite kudos for this, it's wonderful~

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Bagan said that he might start K. Rool at the end of the year. If Sakurai's K. Rool is not to our liking, we could compile all our best ideas and give them to him.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

You are our new leader.
You do know that if he doesnt get in everyone is coming for you right?
Hehehe those awsome pics have scarred our eyes forever.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I tried to compare these to your old alternate colours:

I found it difficult because honestly, there's no comparison - and I loved the old colours! The new ones just work a lot better. It might be the actual model you use, but you can definitely tell the difference.

I find it very, very difficult to choose a favourite out of your new colours. I like all of them. At a push? Top 3 are Krusha, Kudgel and Lord Fredrik. I'd probably use Krusha most because those are actually my college colours but I'd use all of them semi-frequently.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
On a night at Gangplank Galleon, King K Rool was laying on his bed. Ready for his day tomorrow to set sail and have revenge on his nemesis Donkey Kong. He slowly slept in his sleep until.. he had a unusual dream..

comic.jpg

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You know, the more I see the Rare model, the more I like it. I still prefer the lighter green of the PAON one and the blue jewel though.
On a night at Gangplank Galleon, King K Rool was laying on his bed. Ready for his day tomorrow to set sail and have revenge on his nemesis Donkey Kong. He slowly slept in his sleep until.. he had a unusual dream..

View attachment 65570
I mean Dedede is not really a villain, he's an antagonist. I mean he helps Kirby out all the ****ing time now.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
You know, the more I see the Rare model, the more I like it. I still prefer the lighter green of the PAON one and the blue jewel though.

I mean Dedede is not really a villain, he's an antagonist. I mean he helps Kirby out all the ****ing time now.
I think the problem is the old renders of K Rool. He looks fine in the games, but the renders never did the old design justice due to weird proportions and poses.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Gonna be that guy again, but I'm #TeamDontChangeHisScaleColor and #JustChangeHisClothesColor.

It makes my eyes uncomfortable. The green color scheme just works so well. Out of these, though, he more muted colors are my favorites (Klump, Kudgel, Krusha, and Frederick) and the more "in your face" colors are my least favorite (Re-Koil, Skidda, Red Kritter).

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

Those are absolutely beautiful. I have to agree with @ DJ3DS DJ3DS , my favorites are kudgel, krusha, and lord fredrik. I can't decide out of the 3 which is better. Great job again!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Might seem like a stupid question but who were King K. Rool's second in commands. I know he has some from the kartoon but does he have one from the games. I was thinking those characters could have a color for King K. Rool.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Bagan said that he might start K. Rool at the end of the year. If Sakurai's K. Rool is not to our liking, we could compile all our best ideas and give them to him.
I thought Bagan changed his mind recently and said he WASN'T doing the K. Rool mod. His reasoning of why he won't do it still remains ambiguous because he keeps alluding to something saying that he won't "spoil it" or something.

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Is it true that you're doing the K. Rool mod or have you still changed your mind?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Gonna be that guy again, but I'm #TeamDontChangeHisScaleColor and #JustChangeHisClothesColor.

It makes my eyes uncomfortable. The green color scheme just works so well. Out of these, though, he more muted colors are my favorites (Klump, Kudgel, Krusha, and Frederick) and the more "in your face" colors are my least favorite (Re-Koil, Skidda, Red Kritter).
This might work for some recolours but e.g. one with green crown/cape wouldn't work at all. And you lose out on so many references, as well as the absolutely glorious Lord Fredrik alt.

Those are absolutely beautiful. I have to agree with @ DJ3DS DJ3DS , my favorites are kudgel, krusha, and lord fredrik. I can't decide out of the 3 which is better. Great job again!
If these colours came in, I would be happy with a completely random colour each match. I'm not sure there's any other character I can say the same for.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I thought Bagan changed his mind recently and said he WASN'T doing the K. Rool mod. His reasoning of why he won't do it still remains ambiguous because he keeps alluding to something saying that he won't "spoil it" or something.

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Is it true that you're doing the K. Rool mod or have you still changed your mind?
My guess was that he stopped on K. Rool because he didn't want to make K. Rool if he was looking likely to get into Smash 4.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This dissection of the costume was posted in the Dixie thread, but I feel as though it warrants posting in here in the thread with more traffic so it can get responses (just keep them civil, of course).

I only want to make this post once. I'm making it here because I think the only place more relevant is the K. Rool thread, and I don't want to post it there for what is soon to be obvious reasons.

People should consider K. Rool to be out of the running for fighter status in this game's DLC. Is it 100%? No. But thinking he still has a good shot is wishful thinking and likely setting yourself up for disappointment (or excitement, if that's how you roll).

When the Inkling costumes came out, people were pretty quick to say they were disconfirmed as fighters, yet somehow K. Rool is some special snowflake for whom the same rules don't apply. And look at some other costumes that have been released recently: among others, we have Heihachi and Chrom. Characters confirmed to have been considered for the roster, but ultimately decided against. Chrom's costume was even revealed at the exact same time as K. Rool's.

The most likely situation is that the dev team noticed K. Rool's popularity, but for whatever reason it was decided not to make him playable. They still wanted to acknowledge him for the fans, though, so they made the Mii costume.

Now I will rebut some common arguments:

"Samus and Link have costumes and they're playable!"

They are also Samus and Link, much more iconic characters than K. Rool, and the Gunner/Swordfighter movesets were quite possibly based off of them from the beginning. Samus and Link are not only series veterans, they've been in Smash since the very beginning. Meanwhile, not a single character has had a costume revealed, then been shown to also be playable, with the possible exception of...

"The Meta Knight mask was shown before Meta Knight was revealed!"

Indeed it was. But there are a few problems with this comparison. First, Meta Knight was a veteran, while K. Rool would be a newcomer. No newcomer has ever been teased in such a way. Second, Meta Knight was shown only a couple days later, and the mask was used just to have a little fun with the reveal (Meta Knight's whole "there was an impostor" thing). Such doesn't seem to be the case for K. Rool.

"The trophy uses his new design but the costume uses his Rare design! He'll be playable with the new design!"

Other M Ridley is the boss of Pyrosphere! Meta/Super Metroid Ridley will be playable!

"There's so much detail on the costume! Why would they put so much work into just a costume?"

I dunno, maybe so that the costume looks good? Is that so hard to believe? What I find harder to believe is that they would use the same model from a playable character for a Mii costume.
The idea I want to talk about is the idea that people are "changing" how they looked at costumes with Inklings vs. K. Rool. I'm sure some did, but I think what others took away was that, with Inklings, this was a character the "relevance" crowd was expecting to get thrown into Smash by default as a promotion. The costume confirmed that this wasn't the case, and that they had to rely on the ballot like everyone else. (and some are arguing that "they wouldn't make an Inkling trophy if they planned adding them as fighters," which isn't necessarily true, but yeah)

Also, the last bit...they could've easily made the Paon model look good as a costume. I think the K. Rool head they used on the costume wasn't necessarily chopped 100% off of the (potential) real thing, but could have been just modified from its assets. Same way the Yoshi head Kirby wears isn't the exact playable Yoshi model, but a modification that can fit on a small, circular head shape.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman

Last I heard, he was. But I haven't been keeping up with the Project M Ridley or Dark Samus Approaching threads since the Mii Costume fiasco, so maybe he won't.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
This might work for some recolours but e.g. one with green crown/cape wouldn't work at all. And you lose out on so many references, as well as the absolutely glorious Lord Fredrik alt.

If these colours came in, I would be happy with a completely random colour each match. I'm not sure there's any other character I can say the same for.
Same here, even my favorite characters like megaman have one horrible costume. These are agreeable.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
...yeah, things went to s**t with the costume, huh? I've seen this somewhere already...At least that costume looks good. Still think it would be stupid for Sakurai to deny another highly requested character.

Looks good. Lack of claws is kinda weird for me because its a crocodile, but whad'ya know.
What was used to make those anyway? Are they drawn, put together from the Mii costume or what?

I changed my mind. But i can assure you that it will be worth it. BUT, if that thing will not happen or will take too long, i'll handle him. Already learned how to rig and i have tail that could be used for him.
My guess was that he stopped on K. Rool because he didn't want to make K. Rool if he was looking likely to get into Smash 4.
...Nah. I don't trust Sakurai since i know how many times he f***ed up.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

View attachment 65570
I love you plz make more would have been even more funny if the whole background was Ridley and he is like. ''Join us!'

Plz do it :) PLEASE !! LMAO

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This dissection of the costume was posted in the Dixie thread, but I feel as though it warrants posting in here in the thread with more traffic so it can get responses (just keep them civil, of course).

The idea I want to talk about is the idea that people are "changing" how they looked at costumes with Inklings vs. K. Rool. I'm sure some did, but I think what others took away was that, with Inklings, this was a character the "relevance" crowd was expecting to get thrown into Smash by default as a promotion. The costume confirmed that this wasn't the case, and that they had to rely on the ballot like everyone else. (and some are arguing that "they wouldn't make an Inkling trophy if they planned adding them as fighters," which isn't necessarily true, but yeah)

Also, the last bit...they could've easily made the Paon model look good as a costume. I think the K. Rool head they used on the costume wasn't necessarily chopped 100% off of the (potential) real thing, but could have been just modified from its assets. Same way the Yoshi head Kirby wears isn't the exact playable Yoshi model, but a modification that can fit on a small, circular head shape.
I don't see people changing their stances. As far as I saw, the GRAND MAJORITY of people still insisted that Inklings could happen. There was only a few people who thought they were outright gone.

I will admit, I'm one of them. I've changed my stance because, yes, I do think K. Rool is, in a sense, a "special snowflake." Why?

Because nothing about his costume makes any sense whatsoever.

I've explained it before, I don't think I need to explain it again, but I will:

1.) K. Rool has not had anything going for him since 2008.

2.) The grand majority of Mii Fighters have appeared in recent years, or have actual roles in the game.

3.) They used the RARE design specifically (well, barring the blue gem), for no particular reason whatsoever, even though he's got a Paon model trophy in the game already. Why go out of the way to create a Rare model version? And it looks pretty damn good as well.

4.) There's no sign of K. Rool coming anywhere in the future either, so this is purely based on K. Rool's popularity alone, as opposed to promoting something or basing it on a model in game.

Not to mention the track record of Nintendo always having Mii costumes with both characters playable in the game and NPC's throughout all of their games that have Mii costumes. Mii costumes never affect anything else.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Might seem like a stupid question but who were King K. Rool's second in commands. I know he has some from the kartoon but does he have one from the games. I was thinking those characters could have a color for King K. Rool.
In DK64 i believe it was Kasplat and Klump.
I would believe Krusha is up there too.
And the massive klaptraps.

Any1 dig a klaptrap as one of his special moves?
Works similar to bowser j.rs mechakoopa

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
...yeah, things went to s**t with the costume, huh? I've seen this somewhere already...At least that costume looks good. Still think it would be stupid for Sakurai to deny another highly requested character.

Looks good. Lack of claws is kinda weird for me because its a crocodile, but whad'ya know.
What was used to make those anyway? Are they drawn, put together from the Mii costume or what?

I changed my mind. But i can assure you that it will be worth it. BUT, if that thing will not happen or will take too long, i'll handle him. Already learned how to rig and i have tail that could be used for him.

...Nah. I don't trust Sakurai since i know how many times he f***ed up.
Yeah. Sakurai may not represent K. Rool well even if he does get in. He could end up a Donkey Kong clone for all we know.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Klump is, outright, K. Rool's second-in-command throughout all of his appearances. Klump doesn't appear in every game, but he's specifically cited as being K. Rool's commander in DKC1, and he has the most appearances of any Kremling, being in DKC, DKC2 (Kannon), DK64, and DK: Barrel Blast, plus he was planned for Diddy Kong Pilot.

Krusha was the other one, but he only made appearances in DKC and DK64's multiplayer (he was also planned for Diddy Kong Pilot).

Kasplat kinda sorta acts as another commander in DK64 but doesn't do much.

Yeah. Sakurai may not represent K. Rool well even if he does get in. He could end up a Donkey Kong clone for all we know.
I think at the very least we can safely "rool" this option out. K. Rool would definitely be original. If he can't think of an original moveset for K. Rool, Sakurai just won't add him.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
...that would be ridicolous and it would mean he and his team put tons of effort just to make him DK clone. The ultimate slap in the face and very obvious one to those who knows at least basic stuff about animations.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
In DK64 i believe it was Kasplat and Klump.
I would believe Krusha is up there too.
And the massive klaptraps.

Any1 dig a klaptrap as one of his special moves?
Works similar to bowser j.rs mechakoopa
I looked up Kasplat and it didn't say anything about them being a higher rank than other kremlings so Krusha and Klump should be alt colors for K Rool.

I don't want klaptraps as a special move because I like the electricity pods better. Hell, I'd rather have the buttstomp than klaptraps.

Top Bottom