• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 28th. Tampa Tournament; Twilight Showdown 5: A Smash to the Past

ShadowSquall

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know the people I faced. So many people there. But yeah I made sure to face Anger. Glad I did. He was a **** good opponent.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Shadow - That's cool. I'm sure if you had played me, you'd remember. I don't think many people were there who play Luigi..so if you didn't play an Aqua colored Luigi..you probably didnt play me! =o and Hell yeas man, SaintAnger holds it down Hostess style.

xYz - haha thanks bro.. Man I wish people didn't live so far away..we need to have smash fests like once every few weeks, atleast..xYz still gotta match it up...cuz we never got a chance to. Almost, but not quite! Lol

-Aqua :luigi:

ShadowSquall

Smash Journeyman
I would have loved to face you. Alas, I do not remember facing a Luigi at all.

It'd be great if we did live alot closer. Wish more smashfests happened closer.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Yea, same here. And we'll play sometime, I'm sure. Our crew is always around brandon..you're not TOO far away.

ShadowSquall

Smash Journeyman
Hah, well until I get my own ride, which will hopefully be soon, I'll go, but I really can't without Suki XD

Thanks for the offer though. I kinda wish we could have a huge smashfest there once though. Kinda like the tourny. We could easily practice on each other too.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Aqua - it's just how he is... He came and did some rotations at a console everything was cool until I studied him and beat him with 2 stocks left then he got up and left all pissed.

Also, I'm not sure if it was him, I got two stocks off his Falco without him killin me(as g&w) and he killed his other two stocks and said "good game you 4 stocked me" i was like allright.. then we played again and hes like "why did i miss all those l-cancels" like bashin himself.. so hiroshi + loss = bash

hiroshi- bashing other players doesnt make you any better. harriettheguy has worse luck than you in brackets and he's not ill-tempered. Not gonna lie you were beating everyone in friendlies. But thats why they are friendlies.. to stay friendly.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Eh..its all good I guess..

I really wasn't trying to start anything, I just really didn't like that type of sportsmanship at the tournament...because it was such a good atmosphere and then..to have him come out of no where talking shlt about my crew.. "Now everyone thinks they're good, and they fvckin suck, I hate losing to people that aren't even good etc etc" It was just stupid.

I honestly don't even know who I'm better or worse than because I never even really think about it. I play people and win, its fun..I play people and lose..its fun. Instead of going around saying IM BETTER THAN 90% OF THE PEOPLE HERE... I just..do what I do..and prove that I can actually play by keeping my mouth shut and just wave dashin' on yo' fayce. =o! Lol..

Nah but..it was really fun, regardless. Manko, we need to get a friendly smash fest thing going here in the next week..and bring ShadowSquall and what not...over at Bane's or something.

I need 1v1 material to post online because I STILL don't have any. Pathetic I know..that's why no one even knows who I am at the tournaments..Lol..

ShadowSquall

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad Aqua, I got no footage of me playing at all XD

I've been sucking in singles, so sorry if I don't give you much of a competition.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Aqua - it's just how he is... He came and did some rotations at a console everything was cool until I studied him and beat him with 2 stocks left then he got up and left all pissed.

Also, I'm not sure if it was him, I got two stocks off his Falco without him killin me(as g&w) and he killed his other two stocks and said "good game you 4 stocked me" i was like allright.. then we played again and hes like "why did i miss all those l-cancels" like bashin himself.. so hiroshi + loss = bash

hiroshi- bashing other players doesnt make you any better. harriettheguy has worse luck than you in brackets and he's not ill-tempered. Not gonna lie you were beating everyone in friendlies. But thats why they are friendlies.. to stay friendly.
i always leave when i lose a rotation. i go to find more peepz to play. i wasnt pissed at that point that why i left and told everybody good games. my falco was playing poorly against the g&dubya. so i killed myself to end the matchup and start fresh. and i was missing stuff. i was l-cancelling maybe half the time plus i wasnt freakin jumping out of half of my shines. thats why i dont play falco in tournament. i mess up too much with him. i never said bashing others MAKES me better. but it helps calm me down for the next match. yeah, you beat me that last game. im not sure its becaue you "studied me". i mean i play one of my crewmates who plays falcon. we both know that i am better. out of 10 games he will win likw 1-2 games. he didnt win thiose 1 or 2 games because he studied me. it was just result of some good plays on his part and some unfavorable plays on mine, which accumolated into him winning. it happens, but then i just bring it back next game. the reason i left when you won is i didnt want to have to wait for lime and monk to play before i had to play again, where there were other open tv's. if it was just me and you then i would have played again...peace

-hiroshi

lime_backwards

Smash Lord

I need 1v1 material to post online because I STILL don't have any. Pathetic I know..that's why no one even knows who I am at the tournaments..Lol..

You could drag Anger and Bane over to Clearwater to check out Cutting Edge. Then we could record some stuff over at Freddy's house...

OTRU...

Smash Champion
i certainly dont believe you can study someone and then beat them cuz of that, otherwise i would beat colbol all the time since im really familiar with his style but i barely ever defeat him, its about being smart at the time that your playing, mindgames truu

just my 2 cents

vericz

Smash Champion
I PWN YOU ALL.

Seriously though, it is a game and we may say some things about other people but we sure did back it up the next time in brackets. We always do that, tradition I guess, lose the 1st round of doubles and beast through losers. I'm not going to say I'm better than anyone because I beat you 1v1 in a friendly blah blah blah. Who gives a ****, go by tourney records to see who is really better. You might be able to beat someone in a friendly and do horrible vs others in a tournament while the person you beat moves on to get a higher placing than you. Does that mean you should have placed higher than them. . .NO. Friendlies are for fun, to play people for practice and try new things, mess around, tournaments are to really show who is better than who.

and yet we still managed to lose?....wtf?!?! our one tournament that we had a really good chance of winning and we waste it. extremely disappointed about that one. overall pretty bad tournament for me. horrendous losses that should have never happened. im sorry to all the people i played, i gave you a misrepresentation of how good i am. i played so ridiculously well at gigabits and then i come here and suck some major balls. i didnt know what was happening. maybe you guys can play the real hiroshi at a future event.
omg shut up plz.

Renth

Smash Hero
most of what i've been hearing lately is.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Quit Johning and play better next time because no one wants to hear it.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Amen, Renth.

=o Friendlies soon...and MM soon? you know it'd be fun. hehe. we were back an forth over at Bane's.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master

Fenrir - Haha thanks bro...I wanted to play him but you got up and walked away and I thought you were going to a tourny match or something (I don't know I was pretty outta it, plus you're always quiet toward me at tourny's so I didn't want you to get upset or something if I was like sit back down lets playyy lol
Haha wow...you could have said that and i wouldn't have minded. Sometimes i get a bit out of it at tourneys...just kinda blank out and walk around for a while doing nothing. lol I have no idea why. but nah,m mang, I like playing you....your luigi is mad fun to play against. I can't, atm, remember why I left...but oh well...next time, just punch me, and I'll play some more. lawl

Col Bol and Fenrir could say the same thing and I never hear either one of them even open their mouths in regards to bragging rights.
OMG I am so freakin good at this game...like omg, you have no idea how good I am. I never actually show my skill, but if I did...I'd be 4 stocking Azen...every time. oh yes...it's true. it's true.

I kid...I kid. (you know...I remember a time when you didn't have to explain sarcasm on these boards...but I do this now because there are a few people who might actually take my words seriously. lol)

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Lol, Fenrir. Man I'm just about to go head over and play smash with the crew, and I heard that SaintAnger took you your cube today. I was like "MAN you shoulda got Fenrir to come smash it up with us" But I guess you're all livin far away an shlt. But yea.. Next tourny I'll definately get some good rounds in with you. Hopefully next tourny I'll actually compete in. I know I wouldn't do bad, I just always have to do something right in the middle of the Saturday that makes me miss it. Which is why I'm always there for the 2v2s then back at the end for friendlies. Oh well. It was fun..and the next one will be too. I think I could actually rank nowadays. =o

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
It is the strong swimmer that most often drowns. It is not that the swimmer is over confident, but that he under estimates the strength of the river.

Clearly we are all guilty of doing this. We do not take our opponent seriously and under estimate his abilities and are quickly defeated.

I'm glad eveyrone had fun at this tournament, but it appears some issues have arisen. I know some things will be said. Some things taken out of context. Arguing about it will not make anything better or prove anyone's purpose. Just play the game and have fun. That is what the game is about.

I'm planning on heading to Gigabits and see what it's like. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Top Bottom