• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 28th. Tampa Tournament; Twilight Showdown 5: A Smash to the Past

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
On July 28th. 2007 at 2pm. Twilight Showdown 5: A Smash to the Past will take place at 711 West Lumsden Ave. Brandon, Fl. 33511 aka Area 51 Gaming Center. This will be a Doubles and Singles tournament.There is a mandatory $5 door fee that must be paid upon entrance at the front counter. If you do not pay the door fee, you do not play in the tournament! Signage will be posted directing where to pay the door fee and where to pay the entrance fee. Everyone that is going to the tournament must give me their location. The reason for this is I will be basing the tournament on location as opposed to random placement for the bracket. This will keep players from playing others from the same region at the start of the tournament. As always, players are encouraged to bring their own controllers as well as: extra TVs, copies of the game, and recording devices.

DOUBLES TOURNAMENT RULES:

Entry fee is $20 per team. MLG Rules will be used. This will be a double elimination tournament 2/3; 3/5 finals. The prize money will be divided among the top three teams 70/20/10 after tournament managing fees have been deducted. The doubles tournament will start at 2:00pm.

Following the doubles tournament there will be a 30min. intermission to allow for refreshments. Once the intermission has ended, the singles tournament registration will begin. Everyone that is playing in the Singles tournament will have a 15min. window to register and pay the entry fee. If you have done so by the the time the registration window closes, you will not be participating. After the registration, the Singles tournament will begin.

SINGLES TOURNAMENT RULES:

Entry fee is $15 per person and MLG Rules will be used. This will be a double elimination tournament 2/3; 3/5 finals. The prize money will be divided among the top players 70/20/10 after tournament managing fees have been deducted.

TOURNAMENT UPDATE!

I have added a new rule to the tournament. The section in Area51 where the tournament is going to take place will be roped off. No one is allowed past the rope and into the tournament unless you have signed in, paid the door fee and have received a sticker saying you have payed the fee. The sticker must be worn at all times where it can be seen.

Attendees

1. SaintAnger
2. Aqua
3. Bane
4. Blaq
5. Zaro
6. Monk
7. Lime
8. Manko
9. Derf
10. Fenrir
11. Angry Lobster
12. Cash Mooney
13. Sheer Madness
14. I Hate The Cape
15. Tassadar898
16. Phanna
17. Col Bol
18. OTRU
19. Smash Attak Mak
20. Ragnorok
21. Zoro
22. xYz
23. Bark252
24. lvl9 Cp
25. Hiroshi
26. Scarface
27. Mewgia
28. brofan15
29. onmyown1039
30. Freddy
31. Jenova99
32. Fro Possum
33. C-Stick Joe
34. Murph Dawg
35. Ruby Weapon
36. Ted Boosley
37. Juib
38. Dooder
39. Det
40. ShadowSquall
41. vericz
42. Al
43. Ray
44. Renth
45. Skrach

This all I can gather who's coming. If I left anyone out, let me know. But yeah, bring power strips if you can.

~SaintAnger~

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Still doing the tournament at Area 51? Alright thats cool Lime and myself will be going to this one (No tricks this time...Lime scheduled every Saturday off so we wouldn't miss it) this might be my last one for a while seeing as I have yet to find another job. Also I like the idea of organizing the tournament by region...gives me less of a chance to win a match ever lol... I'll PM my location tomorrow...or you could just look at my location thing

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
This will be the last tournament in Brandon I attend before UCF, don't know if I'll make any more for a while after this one. But you can certainly count me in on this one, as long as you don't change the date.

Get ready for the new skills son! It's on!
++

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Still doing the tournament at Area 51? Alright thats cool Lime and myself will be going to this one (No tricks this time...Lime scheduled every Saturday off so we wouldn't miss it) this might be my last one for a while seeing as I have yet to find another job. Also I like the idea of organizing the tournament by region...gives me less of a chance to win a match ever lol... I'll PM my location tomorrow...or you could just look at my location thing
Yeah, I might have the one after this in Clearwater. I've still yet to see the place.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Gonna try and make it to this one for sure. Gonna ask it off from work tomorrow.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Like Monk said, I have avoided complication by asking all saturdays off. Now all I have to do is keep up with reminding the managers after the month change. As for the "new" rules, they should allow the tournament to run more smoothly. This way there should be time afterwards for friendlies instead of trying to find people who are up next like at TS3. Anyway, I can't wait for this tourney. I am kinda tired of having my rear handed too me by the same Mario almost every day.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I should be there.

Region = Tampa.

Of course I'll have my VCR again.

I'll be needing a teammate. Derf?

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
**** yea I'll be at this one..ITS MY BIRTHDAY and my crew is gettin me RUNK. Courtesy of Rohins. And I approve of the new rules, SaintAnger, just kind of wish we could find some money to get food TO the tourny, so the 30 min break can consist of just everyone chillin and grabbin some grub thats already there you know? maybe you should buy some food and whoever wants it can pay like an extra 5 bucks or something. We need to get food there so its more convinient and no one runs late, whatchoo think?

Haha..either way its gon be a good day for moi.

-Aqua :luigi:

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Well I just figured since everyone goes and each lunch and that's AT LEAST 5 bucks apiece..I figured if we jus ordered a buncha pizza and asked people to pay the extra 5 if they wanted to eat.. I donno exactly how it would work but it just seems more logical that expecting people to go get something to eat AND be back in 30 min. People are just going to run late...haha. =o

Plus its my birthday so it should be some pizza party action. haha. I should just get the owner to let only people I know + smash peeps come that day so the whole place is ours. That would own.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
If you bring it I will give you some cash for your inconvinience. Or if anyone else deems themselves responsible for bringing cake I will help them with the cost when I arrive, cause I love cake.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
That cake is all the amazing....and actually keep it like that with that Zachary guy crossed out...make it seem like we beat the crap out of some poor defenseless kid and took his cake...Although I don't know what kind of kid walks down the street with his own birthday cake...

edit also...did anyone else see the "new" brawl info...Nintendo is jerking us around...I guess it's their way of tricking idiots into think there is new info

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Aw how sweet of you Col Bol, lol. <3

You guys are crazyyy.

But yea, it will be fun, regardless.

I talked to SaintAnger and he told me that he will be talking to that pizza guy (that sold people pizzas for 5 bucks each) and having him make pizzas for whoever wants one for 5 bucks each..and we're just going to have people tell SaintAnger what you want. Then like an hour before the break, he will call the guy and make sure everyones pizza is done by the time the break comes around..and everyone can eat an be ready in that 30 min breaktime. Sound good?

And yes I know, no alcy on the premises but there's a bar like 12 feet away! RUNK.
Liquid Cocaine I've heard does the trick...:chuckle:

Smash Attak Mak

Smash Rookie
I missed the last one, but I should be able to go to this one. Time to show all of you my new power level...Don't forget to bring your scouters!!! (And your own controller, of course)

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
**** anger that samus one looks pretty sick, someone messed her up pretty bad
lol. Do you not like it? It's a Twilight Showdown Holocaust.

Oh! Finally an update on Brawl we want to hear. lol. It's going support all form of Wii controls. I can't wait to try out the Wiimote - Nunchuk set up. My preference will of course be the Gamecube controller.

What are you guys' thoughts?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I am going to have to try all options as well, but I will probably stick with the Cube controller for two reasons. 1) Because I'm used to it. 2) Because I'm too cheap to buy new batteries when my Wiimote dies. *sugh* Batteries can get expensive, even the rechargable kind. =(

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
I know whats going to happen. Everyones going to get good at certain type and then most tournaments are going to be restricted to Gamecube only or something like that.

We all know its gonna be wayyy different play depending on what controlller you use, which is cool in its own way, I guess.

ALL GAMECUBE TOURNAMENT FOLLOWED BY ALL WIIMOTE 2v2 TOURNY? you down? hehe. I know some of us hardcore smashers are going to get good at everyone of those **** types. =o good times though. Nothing but good times ahead FREALS

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
TOURNAMENT UPDATE!

I have added a new rule to the tournament. The section in Area51 where the tournament is going to take place will be roped off. No one is allowed past the rope and into the tournament unless you have signed in, paid the door fee and have received a sticker saying you have payed the fee. The sticker must be worn at all times where it can be seen.

Top Bottom