• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 28th. Tampa Tournament; Twilight Showdown 5: A Smash to the Past

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have any shoutouts since I don't know the "names" of anyone I played except Fenrir. You pwned me ;_; but the matches were really fun. Good job on placing so high, and thanks for the shoutout, I will continue to work on my Link once I get...

...my powerstrip back. I accidentally left a powerstrip at Area 51 (it was still in use when I left anyway) and I need it back before I can play some more since my TV and consoles were hooked up to it. It's a basic, white powerstrip with about 5 or 6 plugs on it. On the bottom there is a strip of masking tape with a name written in black permanent marker on it (I don't really want to post the name on the forums, but the first name written on the tape is in my email/msn addy). If someone has it I would appreciate it if I could have it back, but it might just be at Area 51 still. I'm going to swing by there tomorrow to see if I can pick it up. kthnx

...and also, I cannot forget to thank SaintAnger for setting up this awesome tournament. It was definitely worth the time and money, and then some. :)
Thanks for coming and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Don't worry, I've got your power strip. lol. Just let me know when you want it.

vericz

Smash Champion
was it just me? or did this tournament lack random newbs to help fill the pot?

saint anger!!! need more random newbs!!! or do random newbs not wanna pay 15? is that the deal? i dont know.. but we need some :-p

next time at the door, when you pay the door fee you should have team and singles sign-ups so people cant escape the rapeage!

jenova? where the hell were you :-p you knew i was goin to this.. you didnt put your name in as jenova in the brackets did you?
There were a few I noticed, you probably didn't play. I know some guys were playing and decided not to join.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm just evil.. I want them to enter in a tournament before you get to play them

have a sticker for paying the door fee
a sticker with your name on it for singles
and another sticker for team name for doubles

so then if you see someone doesnt have a singles sticker you could sandbag real bad lol
i dont know i still think im evil. but when you see 40 something people on a might show up list and 22 enter.. shows people chickened, at least 5-10 of them.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
good matches to everyone, vericz i def need that falco practice so next time u come over to my smashfests we are def gonna play for hours. Tourney was fun, i had fun teaming with harrietheguy we did pretty well considering we didnt even know each other. Colin and Will held it down for TNT. Dang Ray that last rest was good, i thought i had you for sure lol good stuff. fun matches with renth and zoro in friendlies!

ShadowSquall

Smash Journeyman
Anger, you've got yourself a nice Ganon there. I look forward to one day beating it. @_@

Really good matches. Had me on edge.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys..FINALLY recovered from my 2 day birthday extravaganza haha...it wasn't the best 2 days..actually pretty horrible..but I still got drunk! and that's what's important, right? Lol.. I'm WIDE AWAKE now that I was like drunk and half asleep for a whole day. Lol.

Harriettheguy - Get yo raptor dashes OUT of here. Lol...nah but it was fun..we only did 2 I think...and you won one and I won one right? Something like that. Still fun. Hope I got a little better at least from last time.

Fenrir - Only got a few matches on you..and you were Link both times..still fun though. I still wanted to play your fox!.. PS. Never shouting out to me. Why do you hate me so! =o Lol

Renth - Nice meeting you dood, (do it in the BUTT) lol..nah but it was good times over at Bane's and stuff..thanks for complimenting my Luigi..I seem to be very underrated because I never get the chance to participate in the tournys >.< Next one I WILL though!

Vericz - Pretty good matches, Always **** close..but its nice to see I'm actually winning matches against the good people nowadays.. Lol

Zaro - I'm not so sure we're the best team around haha...Falco+Luigi just didn't do as good as what I'm use to, but my teammate is a lil ***** and didn't show up!

Blaq - you're a lil ***** and didn't show up!

SaintAnger - Tourny was well put together, and I'm sorry I was down when we headed out, like I said earlier, bad bad last few days. Heh. STOP THINKING YOU SUCK. YOU DONT. ****

Xyz - Its all good that you had to split, I know how the tournies go. Haha.. but yea man definately next time, and thanks! You are **** good yourself.

C@sh - Thanks again dood, and sorry I didn't play many friendlies with you at the tourny, I'm always busy trying to play people I don't get to play much. You know how it goes.

Hiroshi - we never got to do that **** 1v1! I know you're stubborn..but can't you just admit my Luigi is decent? haha. I'm just messing. Definately next time though!

LimeBackwards - Thanks for the birthday wishes and what not. Definately talk to me next time so we can get some friendlies!

Manko - What the hell man we never got to play! Anyways ..FRIENDLIES SOON.

Zoro - Haha I'm sorry I won all the matches then had to split..You are REALLY good as Link..you know we were **** close some of those matches and I'm definately not a cocky guy, I know you can beat me, just show me up next tourny eh? =p Fun matches! And sorry iff I was quiet..me and someone were kinda having a bit of an argument and it was a drainer.

Luie - You need to friggin chill with that knee. None of us in the crew can team with you because you knock our ***** all around the place. DON'T show your OWN TEAMMATE your moves. Lol

Bane - SHOUT OUT TO ME NO?! =o I WAS THE CROWD CHEERING YOU ON *******! HOSTESS!

Hostess Crew - THATS THE STUFF. we'll get this next tournament, ****it.

Everyone else - I don't ever know who to ask for friendlies when I'm up there so next time when you guys are looking to play HIT ME UP. **** I'm not hard to notice, I got those aqua eyes, you kno how I do. lol Good times guys Grats to all the winners an what not. Col Bol I haven't ever really talked to you but you are way to good. Lol STOP PLAYING. Its scary. Lol jk goodjob man.

And THANKS to everyone who told me happy birthday! I'm pretty sure Monk did, and a few other peeps..and if you didn't...whatever. thanks anyways. Haha I was kinda out of it that day

Man can't you tell I'm wide awake? My shoutout list was huge. =o! Lol
-Aqua :luigi:

vericz

Smash Champion
Were the brackets saved?? If so can you post them?

Edit-Fenrir I had no idea how to play that matchup, but then I figured it out last stock. If only I had realized one or two stocks before :(

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
of all the people that wished Aqua a happy birthday...he remembers I did I mean all I said was "Hey...Happy Birthday" lol. Anyway, Aqua we're definitely going to have to gets some friendlies so I can learn the Mario v Luigi match up

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
To be honest...when I was trying to type shoutouts, I had this vampire chick trying to talk to me...no lie. so i forgot sooo many people.

AQUA: you're amazing...and next time, i gotta get that fox match. thought you hated it, though. You could have asked. lol I wasn't sandbaggin or anything...just didn't want you to hate me. : p

Bane: yeah, I have no idea what to say in a shoutout...heh

Harriettheguy: Very fun matches...all of them

Zoro: ...is still my hero

Jenova: props for the kirby, though. the "wtf, what's a counter level for kirby mario?" moment was priceless in my book. I was like wtf wtf wtf. lawl

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Rofl you had to think for that match up? That was a good match it was the only one we used Jenova and myself used Kirby + Mario... well I'm glad we mindgames'd you for a second at least

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok, i am still trying to post my shoutouts but my computer refuses to let me post in this thread while it lets me post in every other thread. i saved it into wordpad so i guess i post it as soon as my comp lets me post in this thread ( if this posted then i dont know why it wont let me post my shoutouts)...peace

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
i am currently watching as my comments are pending to be posted forever.
i just tried to post half of my shoutouts which is like 1 paragraph and it says, posting quick reply, please wait. but its going forever. the same thing happened yesterday. why wont it let me post my freakin shoutouts, this is ridiculous. i can post, and edit my posts, but when i try to edit it with a part of my shoutouts it magically doesnt work anymore...peace

EDIT: YOU SEE. WTF?!!?!?? WHY CAN I POST THIS BUT NOT EVEN HALF OF MY SHOUTOUTS?!?!?

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
WATO: hiroshi-extremly disappointed in you this tourney. your too good at this game but you really fvcked up this time around. bad job. no compliments here for you this time around seeing as you didnt do anything impressive this time around.
zoro-i love your link, its so good, good **** on beating ray
ray- i hate your jiggs, such a gay match up, i have no fun at all fighting it
al- i love your zelda jamaican remix song (lol, inside joke)
vericz- i dont want to talk to you about doubles tournament until the next time we play in tourney. I HATE YOU

h1roshi

Smash Hero
noob testicles
-col bol- too good. good ish on 1st
xyz- ur cool gah
otru- if you think you had a bad day just check out what place i got

lime- omg, your still at the 7-11, KEEP WAITING, WE'LL BE THERE (at the next TS tourney that is)
monk- wow i didnt even know that was your mario i was playing, fun games (my sheik owns you)
bane- i still am surprised that we lost to you 1st round in doubles, but you like know how we came back and took you out 2-0, like 4stock wins in loser bracket (PWNED)
luis- we had a mad cool talk about smash, and fun FFA's we were having. for not wavedashing that much, your mad good, mad props gah
saint- your probably the biggest noob for never entering tournies. (LOSER, STOP BEING A ***** AND JOIN)
CASH MOONEY- you owe me a $5 MM!!!!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
mods dont bother me for my double posting cuhraziness but for whatever reason i cant post my shoutouts all at once...peace

edit: i have more shoutouts hold on. "ah man. although i didnt get mad at singles this tourney i was extremely, extremely, extremely, extremely, extremely, extremely disappointed in my performance. seeing as how i usually get like 9th-13th place at giga where the comp is 3 times as hard and there are double the amount of people, "

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
and yet we still managed to lose?....wtf?!?! our one tournament that we had a really good chance of winning and we waste it. extremely disappointed about that one. overall pretty bad tournament for me. horrendous losses that should have never happened. im sorry to all the people i played, i gave you a misrepresentation of how good i am. i played so ridiculously well at gigabits and then i come here and suck some major balls. i didnt know what was happening. maybe you guys can play the real hiroshi at a future event.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
ok, all the above posts should be read as one big shoutouts list. mods please dont bother me about all my posts. ive been on these boards long enough and am a very active user, so i know i am in the wrong. but i couldnt get my shoutouts into this thread any other way...peace

-hiroshi

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Wow..(vericz and hiroshi)..you indirectly insult smashers (I heard you talking crazyyyy crap about Bane and Luie at the tournament and I even called you out on it once..not cool), and brag..constantly.. about how good you are. I'm a good Luigi, and you never see me talkin smack..I know you're decent but the way you guys represent yourselves sometimes, I honestly wouldn't care how good you are...geez. Sarcasm is one thing..

/loserespect

Loosen up guys, its just a game.. HAVE FUN.
You guys are cool people. Don't let that type of personality make you look otherwise.
Really not trying to start anything..but you guys need to chill out, seriously...because its really not cool. And you both are good, but you are not the best.

Fenrir - Haha thanks bro...I wanted to play him but you got up and walked away and I thought you were going to a tourny match or something (I don't know I was pretty outta it, plus you're always quiet toward me at tourny's so I didn't want you to get upset or something if I was like sit back down lets playyy lol

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Wow..(vericz and hiroshi)..you indirectly insult smashers (I heard you talking crazyyyy crap about Bane and Luie at the tournament and I even called you out on it once..not cool), and brag..constantly.. about how good you are. I'm a good Luigi, and you never see me talkin smack..I know you're decent but the way you guys represent yourselves, I honestly wouldn't care how good you are...geez. Sarcasm is one thing..

/loserespect

Loosen up guys, its just a game.. HAVE FUN.
Really not trying to start anything..but you guys need to chill out, seriously...because its really not cool. And you both are good, but you are not the best.

yeah me and vericz ARE better than bane and luis. i have no doubt in my mind. that 1st game was garbage and we were playing the way we should have been. and then the whole crowd was making a big deal about the teams match. like vericz would do a 80% percent combo on one falcon and then the other comes out of nowhere and knees him. and now the falcon is the pro guy and not vericz, fvck that ****. WE ARE BETTER. its fact. thats why we got mad when we lost and everyone made it like they were so much better than us. (by the way we played them in losers bracket again. we 2-0'ed them. and we like 3 stocked them and 4 stocked them) do i hate the guys or dislike them. no, not at all, me and luis actually had a really good discussion, hes mad cool. but i am not going to b modest. i am better. i know where i stand, and i was better than like 90% of the peepz there. we arent the best, your right, but we know who we are better than. but like i siad, their cool, your cool, we're all cool, but "fl's worst team is still better" get pwned...peace

-hiroshi

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Okay, the "crowd" making a big deal out of it was their CREW(our crew, Hostess). I tried to tell you that at the tournament but apparently, it didn't seem to register. I understand that you did end up talking to them later and everything was cool..but do you really think talkin' crap about them makes it better? Lol.. As for you being better than Bane and Luis..I didn't see you guys 1v1 eachother, and if you did, then you can tell me. Even then...I don't really think that would classify you as better even if you did win eh? Because I remember beating you more than once 1v1...and I never claimed to be better...

As far as you saying you're better than 90% of the people there...still not so sure about that. And EVEN IF YOU WERE. Who cares? Col Bol and Fenrir could say the same thing and I never hear either one of them even open their mouths in regards to bragging rights. Its stupid. Point blank. You guys sound arrogant when you start talking crap about a game featuring NINTENDO CHARACTERS. What the hell? Loosen up. I've beat people that were considered extremely good more than once and you never hear me say ANYTHING. Its not worth it to brag. the game is suppose to be FUN.

Have fun. And if that's your way of having fun, try to have consideration for people eh?

Bashing other smashers only makes you look bad.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Haha ty. BTW, Shadow, we never got to play did we? I guess you played SaintAnger but I don't even know if I noticed you?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Okay, the "crowd" making a big deal out of it was their CREW(our crew, Hostess). I tried to tell you that at the tournament but apparently, it didn't seem to register. I understand that you did end up talking to them later and everything was cool..but do you really think talkin' crap about them makes it better? Lol.. As for you being better than Bane and Luis..I didn't see you guys 1v1 eachother, and if you did, then you can tell me. Even then...I don't really think that would classify you as better even if you did win eh? Because I remember beating you more than once 1v1...and I never claimed to be better...

As far as you saying you're better than 90% of the people there...still not so sure about that. And EVEN IF YOU WERE. Who cares? Col Bol and Fenrir could say the same thing and I never hear either one of them even open their mouths in regards to bragging rights. Its stupid. Point blank. You guys sound arrogant when you start talking crap about a game featuring NINTENDO CHARACTERS. What the hell? Loosen up. I've beat people that were considered extremely good more than once and you never hear me say ANYTHING. Its not worth it to brag. the game is suppose to be FUN.

Have fun. And if that's your way of having fun, try to have consideration for people eh?

Bashing other smashers only makes you look bad.

i did hear you say it was your crew, and it did register, but it still got me mad. it might not make it better, but it helps me calm down. col obol and fenrir didnt have to say anything because they did well and didnt have to say anything. i got screwed and so i am defending my skill. then i guess we are arrogant. we do have fun, that why we play all the freakin time, and go to as many tournies that we can possibly go to. you didnt claim to be better but you could have. and when i was playing you that day. you were better at that match-up. your luigi was ****** my falco and sheik. if you got no luigi training he will throw you the fvck off because none of the standards combos or tactics work on him. so in that matchup, you had me completely beat. again, i dont hate anybody or dislike anybody or anything. but like i said before, I KNOW WHERE I STAND. and i dont doubt what i think at all...peace

-hiroshi

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough man..fair enough.
Like I said..no bad blood..I'm just saying it gives off a bad vibe, that's all.
Col Bol and Fenrir wouldn't brag even if they didn't do good. Well I don't know Col Bol well enough, but I know Fenrir wouldn't.. No one is happy about losing, or having a bad smash day..but there are different ways of dealing with it..
I also said you are cool peoples and I would like to keep it that way.
You are good, and you don't have to NOT mention that..Just maybe do it in a different way so you're not insulting others sometimes when you do it, y'know?
Because saying you're good is one thing.
Saying you're better than other people is another.
And saying "They fvckin suck" is another. Eh?
Bashing on my crew in front of my face..not cool, no matter how you play the game. If you don't do the bashin', I'm sure the bragging wouldn't seem half as bad.
Again, sorry if my post pissed ya off, didn't mean for it to.
I gotta stick up for my crew, you kno how it go. Lol

Top Bottom