• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
No one has sent me any user info. In that thread I only gotten videos. I would be happy to put in any user though. :)
Really? could of sworn someone did...well in that case I'll be the first('less someone got there before me)

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I was bored so I scanned the replay channel in Smash 4 to find which of Jigglypuff’s costumes are the most used. Based on a sample of 50 different replays, here’s how often each costume came up:
  • Default: 6
  • Hibiscus: 5
  • Leaf’s hat: 4
  • Straw hat: 7
  • Sleep cap: 8
  • Bow: 11
  • Nurse cap: 4
  • X/Y cap: 5

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I was bored so I scanned the replay channel in Smash 4 to find which of Jigglypuff’s costumes are the most used. Based on a sample of 50 different replays, here’s how often each costume came up:
  • Default: 6
  • Hibiscus: 5
  • Leaf’s hat: 4
  • Straw hat: 7
  • Sleep cap: 8
  • Bow: 11
  • Nurse cap: 4
  • X/Y cap: 5
Ooh, my favorites are personally the Sleeping Cap and Hibiscis.

I know it might defy logic but how cool would it be if there was a DLC costume for Puff that was actually..
:174:
:awesome:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I personally love using the hibiscis and nurse cap the most. Makes her look so adorable. <3

Occasionally also use Serena's hat.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Guys, I did it! 50 wins in a row! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the Little Mac players who made this possible.

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
I just made some dude feel really salty with highs so our first game he goes zss and I accept it.Then he goes duck hunt dog(really bad MU btw) I was at like 150 and he trusts to uair but I rest on it FTW. Then the next game he goes diddy kong. I am pretty confident I do good against his diddy (but it wasn't a good diddy) and gimp him twice and he rages. I thought it was really funny and his name was mike hunt-.- ik.the puff is a really fun character to play ^.^

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Guys, sing is actually pretty handy this game imo. Its good for reading rolls and they sleep for long enough for you to rest them when theyre at 50%. It feels so good when I get a sing off omg.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Why are people rolling toward you? There is pretty much never a good reason to roll toward Jigglypuff. x_x

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If they're spacing an aerial, they can challenge your stubby aerial pokes while being completely immune to Sing.

Throwing it out while shorthopping just above the ledge after the opponent has just grabbed the ledge is the only usage I can condone, really. That way you can potentially avoid Ledge Attack and catch either Ledge Attack or Ledge Climb with Sing right before you grab the ledge. If they do Ledge Jump or Ledge Roll, you have decent space from them and you're one of the best characters to hold a ledge, so there's low risk and potentially high reward.

If you get predictable with it, they can Ledge Drop into an aerial, but that can be mixed up with your Dash Attack or a shorthop aerial to catch them before they catch you.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
"Useful" may be an overstatement, since it's still massively punishable on whiff and takes ages to come out, but it's likely that this version is the best there's ever been, even though the move hasn't changed significantly since Melee. It's just a favorable environment due to the new ledge mechanics.

Last edited:

Framerate

Smash Lord
I'm not saying sing is useful, but I've accidentally sung (thanks 3ds joystick) and it's worked out in my favor before. Usually only when they don't know how to punish it and they charge a smash or something. I just grab after. It's not good :(

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Don't worry Salad Bowl, they're just in complete denial.
It doesn't matter if they are pros with Jigglypuff, with sheer determination we can accomplish a brand new style that includes Sing in Jigglypuff's repertoire.
You must join my totally obscure conspiracy-themed group.

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to mash out of rest like someone would mash out of a grab? I read that somewhere and wasnt sure if it was true.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Don't worry Salad Bowl, they're just in complete denial.
It doesn't matter if they are pros with Jigglypuff, with sheer determination we can accomplish a brand new style that includes Sing in Jigglypuff's repertoire.
You must join my totally obscure conspiracy-themed group.
Omg take me to the group. I'm in

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is it possible to mash out of rest like someone would mash out of a grab? I read that somewhere and wasnt sure if it was true.
Rest? Nope. I would have brought attention to that a long time ago otherwise. :p

Last edited:

Klaxon

Smash Rookie
Idk about you guys but I love using sing against those dummies in fg who roll/ charge smashes like crazy

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Hey everyone. I adopted Jigglypuff as my secondary after a few weeks of experimenting - the huge roster makes this quite a process - and I must say that I adore her in this game. I was never much of a Jigglypuff fan in any of the past games, but the subtle tweaks to her move properties finally made her "click" with me this time around. She feels like a more well-rounded character overall in this game, and her Wall of Pain is relatively intact, which is incredibly useful for ending stocks now that recovering is much easier.

Bairing Little Macs offstage like

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I mean, I pulled it off on FOW.

I pulled it off on ConCon.

I pulled it off on a thousand players in for glory.

Sing is an overstatement if you overdo it.

Sing is understatement if you know what you're doing. Clearly.

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
JIgglypuff was my #2 in 64 and...I guess you could consider her my #4 in Melee. (In Brawl she kind of dropped of the radar.)

Although I've always held a soft spot for Jigglypuff in Smash, I never considered that she'd make it back into my regular rotation, let alone usurp Sonic the hedgehog. After playing for weeks on end, I'm calling it:

Jigglypuff has become my main in Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U.

One of the benefits of having Jiggly as my main, I'm finding she's rife with ideas for Simpsons parodies! Here are a few I made:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I don't get it guys.

Other than the MU thread, is this board gonna be Brawl Jigglypuff status too?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
The Jigglypuff metagame has been pretty stagnant thus far. Nobody's really representing her in tournaments and new AT is being discovered pretty slow (which is true of every character but it would still give us something to talk about)

Last edited:

Framerate

Smash Lord
I just played at a tourney last Saturday and took 4th. I have some videos, but of course none of the good matches were recorded. I two stocked the "big boss" in our region and won the set. He was playing rosa too. Also beat a diddy, but lost to a sonic. That MU is TOUGH. Lemme know if you guys are interested in seeing the videos.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't get it guys.

Other than the MU thread, is this board gonna be Brawl Jigglypuff status too?
Well, there are a few reasons why this board isn't very active. :scared:

1) She isn't high on the tier list
2) She isn't an anime character who people fantasize over
3) Her playstyle hasn't changed in four games

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Ugh...

"Jigglypuff's the most broken character in the game. Her air game is just preposterous, Sakurai shoulda patched her out of the game, because 1: Doesn't appear in the Pokémon anime anymore, 2: No one wants to fight a Jigglypuff, & 3: She's almost a Kirby clone. And I thought Link in this game was bad. But neither of these other broken characters can hold a candle to Jigglypuff right here.
And also, the sucky thing is in this game, if you wanna defeat a broken character, you would have to use another broken character yourself. That is complete BS, including the fact that whenever you're about to get back on the stage, sometimes, the game takes away your double jump, as if the game just wants you to lose & let the other player win. This game has too many problems. Not saying I hate the game, I just hate to see flaws like this."

He also said Ike, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and G&W are all broken due to how "they're powerful"
but I just don't get it, this guy plays a great and offensive Villager, Robin, and Kirby but he is disrespectful in a lot of ways, I can even give you a link to his profile but I don't want people PM'ing him.

Last edited:

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I feel you should all be familiar with this series of videos staring jigglypuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQkZ4KbDbW4

You certainly won't regret watching it. ALSO if you want to waste 60 minutes of your life, you can always watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLAMLBZwc3c from the same serious but different account. For some reason?

In a serious note, sorry to keep people waiting on the videos from the mostly-useless shield-breaking thing. My chances to record things are limited to when events happen. Should get the footage next weekend, if anyone is still anxious to see it

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Surviving in 144% in a friendly and still managed to 2-stock a Mega Man player at paragon. I don't know what I did, but that 1-jab to rest just woke me up and gave me thoughts that I could be so much more better than hungrybox.

I want to keep playing like that. Hoo-hah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom