• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Heeeeeeeey :D

I've been maining Jigglypuff ever since I unlocked her in the 3ds version, and I've figured out some neat tricks with her. I was wondering if maybe I could learn a few more things from SmashBoards....particularly rest. Every other part of my game is solid as far as I can tell, but I'd like to see if I can figure out some reliable combos to land the kill; I otherwise have to rely on a good read in order to get the hit, and by that point they're way past the move's kill percent.

Hello there, Jigglypuff Boards!

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Heeeeeeeey :D

I've been maining Jigglypuff ever since I unlocked her in the 3ds version, and I've figured out some neat tricks with her. I was wondering if maybe I could learn a few more things from SmashBoards....particularly rest. Every other part of my game is solid as far as I can tell, but I'd like to see if I can figure out some reliable combos to land the kill; I otherwise have to rely on a good read in order to get the hit, and by that point they're way past the move's kill percent.

Hello there, Jigglypuff Boards!
WE have some cool rest combos like Dair to rest, jab to rest, and fair to rest. There are decent setups, you just gotta work on them. I would suggest you take this to competitive and metagame discussion tho, as you will get better answers there!

BATMN

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pigcookies
3DS FC
1392-5020-4546
Hey puff mains!

I'm coming on here to ask a question.
Im looking for some good jigglypuff mains to practice my marth with. Does anyone want to play me sometime today???

Let me know!

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Here's something to talk about: it is rumored that Jigglypuff amiibo (alongside Greninja and Inkling Boy/Girl) is set to release the 29th of May: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...igglypuff_and_splatoon_amiibo_for_may_release
I can't stop being hype for new amiibos, but Jiggly is one of the very few I absolutely NEEED to have.

I'm gonna have her wear the Bow alternate and call her 'MurderFace.' :happysheep:

Also, can anyone at some time play my Jiggly? I've put a lot of time into her as my dedicated secondary, but I really do feel like I'm not realizing her full potential. I could use that harsh criticism.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So what music do yew gorls like. I personally like Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, and Rihanna

Currently my favorite song is Bad Blood by Taylor Swift, but my All-Time favorite song is Teeth by Lady GaGa

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I liked Avett Brothers before it was cool. :p

I'm also into Frank Turner and Rush, as well as good ol' fashioned videogame themes.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I suppose I'm the only one who can have a little fun. :upsidedown:

I've been listening to a lot of underground stuff lately, like No Bird Sing, Kristoff Krane, Eyedea, and Sage Francis, etc. Also a bit of classic punk rock (NOFX, Alkaline Trio, Dead Kennedys), followed up by good ol' vidya gaem music.

I'll pretty much listen to almost anything. Almost anything.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You wanna listen to what jigglypuff listens to? This is what I listen to and this should be what jigglypuff would love to listen.

Imagine her with 80s workout clothes. This is not weird at all. It is simple humor.

It is weird.

Last edited:

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
ignore me i missed a thread completely and cannot delete this post.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I've been listening to mostly to my huge MxPx collection from my youth and whatever VGM I come across on YouTube.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So I thought that the Jigglypuff's rest kill percent thread could have breathed new life on the boards.
That doesn't really seem to be the case. :/

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
It doesn't seem like it factors in DI.... Not really super useful. Not to mention that it's tested on Kalos League, rather than Battlefield (the standard for reliable kill percentages).

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I kinda assumed any decent Jiggs player would've had a pretty accurate idea of all the kill %s memorized from experience.

If anything, that news post was probably more helpful to the opponents of Jigglypuff so they know when to be wary of naptime...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Current weekly today.

Won 1st set. 2-0 vs sheik. He multi-jabbed and I rested. He got KO'd early by halberd's low ceiling.
Won 2nd set. 2-1 vs villager/jiggs. Guy who lost was the same guy who encouraged me to play her. He stormed.
Lost 0-2 w/kirby vs palutena. I need help with this.
Lost 0-2 w/ZSS vs Charizard. I messed up. I'm an idiot.

I'm gonna stop entering weekly tournaments for now. I'll just come back when I know I'll place around 1st to 3rd. Sticking to ladders. :/

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Current weekly today.

Won 1st set. 2-0 vs sheik. He multi-jabbed and I rested. He got KO'd early by halberd's low ceiling.
Won 2nd set. 2-1 vs villager/jiggs. Guy who lost was the same guy who encouraged me to play her. He stormed.
Lost 0-2 w/kirby vs palutena. I need help with this.
Lost 0-2 w/ZSS vs Charizard. I messed up. I'm an idiot.

I'm gonna stop entering weekly tournaments for now. I'll just come back when I know I'll place around 1st to 3rd. Sticking to ladders. :/
You were playing on Halberd? With Jiggs? Tsk, tsk...:p

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I chose the stage specifically for the match-up and it has helped me with sheik ever since.
Is there any other problem that I should know about?

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I chose the stage specifically for the match-up and it has helped me with sheik ever since.
Is there any other problem that I should know about?
It may seem like a good choice for us considering rest's vertical trajectory, but Halberd is actually our worst stage by far. We die more easily off the top than any other character due to our low weight and fall speed, and it hurts us much more than the boost from rest can make up for (it's easier for other characters to land a ko move than we can land rest).

I can understand it being a more solid choice against characters with weak vertical ko potential, but even then it's an auto-ban. Shiek has some pretty solid ko moves off the top (Uair, sweetspotted Usmash), so idk what the Shieks you've been fighting are trying to do.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Rest with rage is amazing! Killed a Palutena today at about 4x % :)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It may seem like a good choice for us considering rest's vertical trajectory, but Halberd is actually our worst stage by far. We die more easily off the top than any other character due to our low weight and fall speed, and it hurts us much more than the boost from rest can make up for (it's easier for other characters to land a ko move than we can land rest).

I can understand it being a more solid choice against characters with weak vertical ko potential, but even then it's an auto-ban. Shiek has some pretty solid ko moves off the top (Uair, sweetspotted Usmash), so idk what the Shieks you've been fighting are trying to do.
Those 2, including Up Special, is pretty easy to avoid if you don't make any mistakes. I've been thrown a lot in the set and my opponent always tries to go for a uair to get a stock off me. All you need to do it float away. I wouldn't prefer fighting back, I'd prefer finding an opening, which is just what I did on that set.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Those 2, including Up Special, is pretty easy to avoid if you don't make any mistakes. I've been thrown a lot in the set and my opponent always tries to go for a uair to get a stock off me. All you need to do it float away. I wouldn't prefer fighting back, I'd prefer finding an opening, which is just what I did on that set.
Even so, it's best to choose a stage with a higher ceiling. Rest kills pretty early no matter where you are, and it's not the only kill method we have anyways.

Really, I'd say it's just a rule of thumb to avoid Halberd unless you don't have anything to fear from it...in which case, your opponent will be the one to ban it anyhow.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I guess so. Seems like it's too specific a topic to be worth a sticky, but I cannot deny that it's all people seem to post around here.

Top Bottom