• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
man you're really going all out with the HW characters Jaystring, you never seace to amaze... though i think the ganon final smash will give you a bit of trouble, sence theres only one final smash model for Ganon so that would mean youd ether haft to change that or all ganons are gonna turn into HW ganon with there Final Smash...yea
True, but HW Ganon fits way better than TP Ganon, especially if you are dealing with an OoT Costume.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
man you're really going all out with the HW characters Jaystring, you never seace to amaze... though i think the ganon final smash will give you a bit of trouble, sence theres only one final smash model for Ganon so that would mean youd ether haft to change that or all ganons are gonna turn into HW ganon with there Final Smash...yea
Actually, if you use Project M + BrawlEX there's a way to make different FitFinal per costume. So you could make TP Ganondorf use TP Ganon and HW Ganondorf use HW Ganon. Of course this could also be applied to recolors and any other slot. It's just that no one bothered making different models for other costumes such as Oot Ganondorf.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if you use Project M + BrawlEX there's a way to make different FitFinal per costume. So you could make TP Ganondorf use TP Ganon and HW Ganondorf use HW Ganon. Of course this could also be applied to recolors and any other slot. It's just that no one bothered making different models for other costumes such as Oot Ganondorf.
People are lazy... Is it really that hard to take the OoT Ganon model from Models Resource?

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Do you really think that's how this stuff is done?
I know its more complicated than that, but just doing that should do most of the work for you. (Since from what I understand, it would just be mapping the textures) I get why It would be an issue with more detailed stuff like HW Ganon, but N64 models are much smaller (And so should be much easier).

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
True, but HW Ganon fits way better than TP Ganon, especially if you are dealing with an OoT Costume.
you got a point there, i didnt think about that
i did not know that, im still trying to figure out how to work PMEX myself, well at least now i know that sonics semi-alts (Shadow and silver mainly) and full alts (jet set) can have a super form that fits them
Do you really think that's how this stuff is done?
TBF you do need to get the model first, then you need to optimize and rig it for smash, or you can try to make a model from scratch or by using a base from another model...so yea it dose take a bit more that just taking a model from the model resource, but you do need to start with the model

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
I know its more complicated than that, but just doing that should do most of the work for you. (Since from what I understand, it would just be mapping the textures) I get why It would be an issue with more detailed stuff like HW Ganon, but N64 models are much smaller (And so should be much easier).
woudnt you want to go with the 3ds version if its there? is it there? let me check...ok so its currently not there but it would look better than the N64 version...the N64 version isnt even there ether, so ether way you would need to rip the model ether yourself of ask someone whos experienced with it

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
If you just want to give TP Ganon a recolor based on Oot Ganon, of course that wouldn't be a lot of work. But just grabbing the N64 model from models-resource is like, idk, 1% progress.

You just have a model that follows N64 limitations (low poly, low res textures, etc.) and that doesn't fit TP Ganon's skeleton at all. It would need a lot of edits just to make him fit TP Ganon's shape, and even then not only you would also need to rig him but he would still end up as a N64 model that won't fit at all with the rest of the assets from the game, at which point it's just a much better idea to make the model from scratch, which would obviously take a lot of time as well. Add to all of this that this is just a small detail that hardly anyone will see and it's no wonder why nobody bothered.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Damn... you're right. I don't know why I thought he would be the same as bowser and have seperate pac file. I still think i'll give it a try and some wizard somewhere will find a way to do something similar to DR mario and have them both loaded!

Nice, Will have to try this one day.

People are lazy... Is it really that hard to take the OoT Ganon model from Models Resource?
I wouldn't say it's lazyness but more "is it worth it for 3 second appearance of ganon in a final smash that will most likely not happen every match?" I'm willing to try it because I would like to do it but the price to pay is it's going to take twice as long to have my mod pack ready.

And no, it's not exactly easy to swap models. you need to know what you are doing (then it's easy but that part doesn't take 5 minutes to learn)

even simple 64 model (which are exactly the same process as higher res model, they just take less time to do)

C.YI

Smash Rookie
Not necessarily. Using BrawlEX (and I'm assuming for PMEX), you can configure characters like Ganon or Sonic to have FitFinal.pacs for individual costumes. As a result, you can select the specific costume that would load the specific FitFinal.pac without changing the final smash models of the other costumes.

jaystring

Smash Ace
If that's the case, would you be interested in importing HW Marin over Zelda?
I'm interested in porting all of them to be honest. but keep in mind that each one is going to be even longer then each Smash Wii U I was doing.

So yeah, it's going to be a long project.

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in porting all of them to be honest. but keep in mind that each one is going to be even longer then each Smash Wii U I was doing.

So yeah, it's going to be a long project.
I don't mind the wait. If there is anything I can do to keep the fire burning in you, just say the word and I will do it. I've waited months for Marin to come out for HW, I can wait months for her to be ported to Brawl :)

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Marin would be as difficult as Ganondorf.Ganondorf (Reference Image) has much more detail in his model compared to Marin (Reference Image). Even with the increased detail from it being a Wii U game, Marin should be pretty easy to import.

P.S. But then again, this is the guy who said a few comments beck that adding OoT Ganon over TP Ganon for some costumes would be a piece of cake. Take my word with a few pounds of salt.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I doubt Marin would be as difficult as Ganondorf.Ganondorf (Reference Image) has much more detail in his model compared to Marin (Reference Image). Even with the increased detail from it being a Wii U game, Marin should be pretty easy to import.

P.S. But then again, this is the guy who said a few comments beck that adding OoT Ganon over TP Ganon for some costumes would be a piece of cake. Take my word with a few pounds of salt.
Just looked, Marin's about 17000 triangle, which is about half of Ganondorf and about equal to Smash Wii U Roy.

That's still huge considering her details. she could easily have been about 9000-10000 triangle without big quality drop

but since it's so high res, the model is sooo damn smooth. HW are really the best looking 3d models of Zelda characters that have been made up until now I think. love them

jaystring

Smash Ace
Photo Album for Shadow Mewtwo V1 and Awakening Wii U Roy V1 are up! (V1 because I'll come back to add stuff to them later)

The models should be uploaded late tomorrow with Mewtwo's update too!

In the meantime, enjoy those screens (with HD textures on)!

Shadow Mewtwo

Awakening Roy

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030

TBH I'm a little surprised you haven't used the new moveset as a teaser in your Roy pics as of late. Only a few people have it right now. Would get the hype up even more. Especially on that clean stage in the pic. Would look almost like he's in Smash U that way. :v

jaystring

Smash Ace
TBH I'm a little surprised you haven't used the new moveset as a teaser in your Roy pics as of late. Only a few people have it right now. Would get the hype up even more. Especially on that clean stage in the pic. Would look almost like he's in Smash U that way. :v
no I didn't use it because as I mentioned before (I think), the roy(s) I'll be making for your PSA will be treated as a different project.

I do not want to downgrade the skin version since your fitmotion.pac is heavier, some cuts will need to be made in the characters for it to not crash.

People who wants to use PM Roy will use the skins
People who wants to use your smash4 moveset will use the included character made specifically for it.

Since i'll be making sheaths for PM Roy and Awakening Roy for your moveset, the skins version will get the sheaths too as update later

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Kinda sad how people try to showcase their own stuff using you as a gateway instead of showcasing it themselves.

In any case, the Roys you've done look fantastic regardless of what moveset is being used. Wonderful work as always, jaystring.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'm working on a way to cut down on the Fitmotions size. I gotta go through every animation though... but it may help a little.

Kinda sad how people try to showcase their own stuff using you as a gateway instead of showcasing it themselves.

I'm not using him really, I am collabing with him since he's the one that ported Roy in the first place. I wanted to make a PSA to go with it.

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
I have two questions/concerns regarding this image. First, the Roy in the middle is the only one without full expressions when placed in the PM Roy slot, correct? Second, would you consider making a version of Wii U Roy with Project M Costume with this armor fix by Crixler?

Thank you for making these, by the way. I'm constantly impressed by your skill.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I have two questions/concerns regarding this image. First, the Roy in the middle is the only one without full expressions when placed in the PM Roy slot, correct? Second, would you consider making a version of Wii U Roy with Project M Costume with this armor fix by Crixler?

Thank you for making these, by the way. I'm constantly impressed by your skill.
hum I'll check it out. PM Wii U Roy will get an update at some point so i'll try to check this at the same time.

One of the awakening wii u model that will have the binding blade?
Will add it in later update with recolors
hey Jaystring, are you gonna make recolors for the Wii U Awakening Roy model? just curious
yes as an update in the future

In any case, the Roys you've done look fantastic regardless of what moveset is being used. Wonderful work as always, jaystring.
Thank you!

bah, it doesn't bother me at all. His moveset import for smash 4 Roy is really really cool actually, he did a great job!

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Wii U Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo and Awakening Wii U Roy are released!!!

Wii U mewtwo got a bunch of fixes, HD texture and ALL his csp have been redone to fit with shadow mewtwo model (I had a technical issues where it was near impossible to make the new render of the new model CSP fit at the exact same position as my old renders so I developped a new technique that will allow me to be able to add costume or models in the future without redoing the original CSP. But I had to redo them 1 time for it to work so I strongly suggest people using my CSP of mewtwo to update ALL csps with the new ones. they'll never need to get redone now

Shadow Mewtwo and Awakening Roy will get updated one day. I still have stuff I want to do/add with them (player 2 costume for shadow mewtwo, recolors for Awakening Roy, a shealth for Awakening Roy (and PM Roy), binding blade version of Awakening Roy, etc) but I didn't have time now so why not letting you enjoy what's done until I get back to it.

Link (scroll down for Wii U Mewtwo) : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=30229

NXero

Smash Apprentice
You say all the CSPs were redone. Did you change the pose? I'll download it later, good job!

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
hey jastring, theres something that i was wondering, how do you make the Stock Icons?

jaystring

Smash Ace
You say all the CSPs were redone. Did you change the pose? I'll download it later, good job!
no, I did not change the pose. the issue I had is I was unable to fit Shadow Mewtwo Render exactly over Regular mewtwo so in the Character Selection screen, when you pass from mewtwo to shadow mewtwo, the CSP would move a bit making the thing look ugly.

So developped a technique in photoshop that will allow me in the future to add new costume with the same pose as before without requiring to redo everything each time.

It does require that I redo it the first time thought so if I update old mods with new costume, I'll have to redo those 1 time (all Roys for exemples).

hey jastring, theres something that i was wondering, how do you make the Stock Icons?
I do the renders in 3dsmax then everything is done in photoshop after. I got a photoshop "style" template that make hard black edge around the transparent image then I delete the body from it.

I alway do the work on the HD and the regular are just a downscale of the HD.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
The specs of the heel's armor aren't working for any of the armored Mewtwo alts. HasTextureMatrix needs to be set to True for the material refs.

jaystring

Smash Ace
no, I did not change the pose. the issue I had is I was unable to fit Shadow Mewtwo Render exactly over Regular mewtwo so in the Character Selection screen, when you pass from mewtwo to shadow mewtwo, the CSP would move a bit making the thing look ugly.

So developped a technique in photoshop that will allow me in the future to add new costume with the same pose as before without requiring to redo everything each time.

It does require that I redo it the first time thought so if I update old mods with new costume, I'll have to redo those 1 time (all Roys for exemples).

I do the renders in 3dsmax then everything is done in photoshop after. I got a photoshop "style" template that make hard black edge around the transparent image then I delete the body from it.

I alway do the work on the HD and the regular are just a downscale of the HD.
Oups mistake, I wanted to edit my own post...

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
The specs of the heel's armor aren't working for any of the armored Mewtwo alts. HasTextureMatrix needs to be set to True for the material refs.
damn!!! you are right! I'll edit it quickly!

EDIT : ok it's edited!!! I made a "secret update" to mewtwo to fix all 6 armor costumes, go redownload it!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom