• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
Could you just try directly replacing the legs with Smash 4 Mewtwo Legs, and then add the texture differences and the bumps.
I could, but I don't want to. changing his leg would break his design. He's supposed to have different legs

I would rather keep him canon and rig him over someone else.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
awesome progress on your imports jaystring! (:
Also, do you think you'll still be doing Chrom over Ike?

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
To make him work on Mewtwo, his squeleton leg's would need to be tweaked and all animations would need to be modified. It's basically making a light PSA at this point.
yea i know, but is there anyways to just edit the model in a way to fix the problem? or at least make it less noticeable? i wouldnt know, ive only been able to work with already smashed rigged objects

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I could, but I don't want to. changing his leg would break his design. He's supposed to have different legs

I would rather keep him canon and rig him over someone else.
I don't think it's going to work well. You'll be left with a long tail that doesn't moves and when parts like these don't move, it looks pretty bad.

jaystring

Smash Ace
awesome progress on your imports jaystring! (:
Also, do you think you'll still be doing Chrom over Ike?
Thanks!!

humm, one day I'll do it. sorry I can't be more specific but I already have way too much in my to do list right now.

yea i know, but is there anyways to just edit the model in a way to fix the problem? or at least make it less noticeable? i wouldnt know, ive only been able to work with already smashed rigged objects
I did try a tons of stuff already and none of my ideas where looking like it would give me an acceptable enough result. my alternative now is to rig him on a more similar squeleton. I'm seriously considering Ganondorf now

I don't think it's going to work well. You'll be left with a long tail that doesn't moves and when parts like these don't move, it looks pretty bad.
True that the tail won't be able to be rigged but!!

1) Mega Mewtwo X actually has a really small tail compared to normal mewtwo. it's half as long. sooooo

2) I think I will be able to actually have it there without been rigged and make it look acceptable. The trick is to not leave it straight and "pre-bend" it. Something like that :

A straight up tail that doesn't move looks horrible but when you pre-bend it, even if not animated, it make it look more natural and therefore make it look more acceptable in the heat of action (where you'll not really be focused on looking at the tail of your character) and in still pose (because in still pose, it's already shaped like an animated tail would look like)

This is exactly what I did for Kingdom Heart Cloud's wing and it does look acceptable (I actually was super worried about that before trying it)

another release example is my Tails mod. It barely has tail rigging (sonic does have a tail bone but it's super short) and nobody complained about it. That's my "pre-bended" trick in action!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
True that the tail won't be able to be rigged but!!

1) Mega Mewtwo X actually has a really small tail compared to normal mewtwo. it's half as long. sooooo

2) I think I will be able to actually have it there without been rigged and make it look acceptable. The trick is to not leave it straight and "pre-bend" it. Something like that :

A straight up tail that doesn't move looks horrible but when you pre-bend it, even if not animated, it make it look more natural and therefore make it look more acceptable in the heat of action (where you'll not really be focused on looking at the tail of your character) and in still pose (because in still pose, it's already shaped like an animated tail would look like)

This is exactly what I did for Kingdom Heart Cloud's wing and it does look acceptable (I actually was super worried about that before trying it)

another release example is my Tails mod. It barely has tail rigging (sonic does have a tail bone but it's super short) and nobody complained about it. That's my "pre-bended" trick in action!

Makes sense. If Tails looks fine, Mewtwo shouldn't have such problems. Ganondorf sounds like the perfect choice considering what Mega Mewtwo X is supposed to be.

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
If it desperately needs some animation, you do have the bones for the cape you can use. Not sure how that would work, though.
that would calse alot of problems because for one thing the cape uses two different chains of bones on for the left side and one for the right side, and also the cape is connected near the shoulders i think... so thats wouldnt work the best

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
that would calse alot of problems because for one thing the cape uses two different chains of bones on for the left side and one for the right side, and also the cape is connected near the shoulders i think... so thats wouldnt work the best
Idk why, but I thought there were three chains. That, and I completely forgot about the shoulders. Yeah, pre-bent and unmoving is probably the best solution.

EDIT: Question I have been meaning to ask Jaystring. What do you use to convert Brawl images to a usable format, and could you link me to it. So far, I have not been able to find a working link for an image converter. Once I have that, then I should be able to put my mods up on Brawl Vault.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Idk why, but I thought there were three chains. That, and I completely forgot about the shoulders. Yeah, pre-bent and unmoving is probably the best solution.

EDIT: Question I have been meaning to ask Jaystring. What do you use to convert Brawl images to a usable format, and could you link me to it. So far, I have not been able to find a working link for an image converter. Once I have that, then I should be able to put my mods up on Brawl Vault.
JayString actually just posts screenshots taken from Dolphin, so he can just save them and upload & paste the imgur link here.
if you look for a Wii Brawl snapshot converter, look around for Bin2JPG, it's under the resources section in Brawl Vault

jaystring

Smash Ace
JayString actually just posts screenshots taken from Dolphin, so he can just save them and upload & paste the imgur link here.
if you look for a Wii Brawl snapshot converter, look around for Bin2JPG, it's under the resources section in Brawl Vault
yes indeed, I'm using F9 in dolphin! it create a screenshot that I can edit to my liking after (I actually never edited a screenshot but if I needed I use photoshop) and upload on imgur.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I have a laptop running Windows 10. Which file(s) do I download?

EDIT: I tried all of them (downloaded all, and tried all three). They open a window up for less than a second, then that window closes. Clicking again does the same thing. What do I do now?

Last edited:

Noskcire

Smash Rookie
hello friends, How are you ? , The Truth paragraph Screenshots also USING The F9 key , I am very happy with the work jaystring , really surprised me who is working on zelda, really congratulations jaystring one, actually only uses models jaystring

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
hello friends, How are you ? , The Truth paragraph Screenshots also USING The F9 key , I am very happy with the work jaystring , really surprised me who is working on zelda, really congratulations jaystring one, actually only uses models jaystring
Where did you get the first Marth one from? I recognize the other one as SSB4 Marth, but what about the first?

Noskcire

Smash Rookie
Where did you get the first Marth one from? I recognize the other one as SSB4 Marth, but what about the first?
It is a fusion between models and iwantgames jaystring, the truth jaystring modify the model with the model iwantgames to take this marth

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Thank you for the comments!

but your screenshot actually really peaked my attention!!

That's a Smash4 screenshot right!? you guy have started using my Brawl mod's HD texture over smash4's diffuse texture?

This can't be a Brawl screenshot. my Zero Suit Samus mod doesn't render the hair that way. This really look like smash4's shader.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hoo I see. the 2nd screenshot does look like Brawl now. I don't know why the first one reaallly fooled me into thinking it was smash4 because of how the hair spec was looking

but anyway! good job on that, it's cool to see people having fun with my exports!

I like the hairs! I choose not to gave them this kind of shader that look like smash4 because no one in brawl has hair like that. but it's fun to see people experimenting with it!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey Jaystring, are you familiar with Project Clone?
hum barely. I haven't tried or look into what they were doing yet.

I'm still waiting for a very very stable version of BrawlEx base build to start doing my own build and since I found hard crash bugs in the base build, I haven't started one yet.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
hum barely. I haven't tried or look into what they were doing yet.

I'm still waiting for a very very stable version of BrawlEx base build to start doing my own build and since I found hard crash bugs in the base build, I haven't started one yet.
Well, their current clone is Tails, and they rigged both of his tails to animate!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Well, their current clone is Tails, and they rigged both of his tails to animate!
cool! i'll take a look eventually!!

For people wondering, I'll be progressing on some promised PSA for a small while. some have been waiting for me for a while so gotta keep the promises!

so yeah, there won't be too many updates for a while

Once I'm back on my stuff, I'll release Mewtwo's update (basically done, only need to pac the hole thing), Shadow Mewtwo and go back to Cloud.

Shadow Mega Mewtwo X is shelves for now and will resume his progress as a Ganondorf mod when I feel like getting back to it!

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hey Jaystring, how's Wii U Awakening Roy going lately?

I also can't wait for that upcoming project

Shadow Mega Mewtwo X as a Ganon mod? woah

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey Jaystring, how's Wii U Awakening Roy going lately?

I also can't wait for that upcoming project

Shadow Mega Mewtwo X as a Ganon mod? woah
ho yeah, good to remind me. I'll release it same time as mewtwo

and additionnal content (like recolors) will come as update I think. I don't have time to do them just yet

and yeah, Shadow Mega Mewtwo X wasn't working as a mewtwo mod.. I tried hard but squeleton were too different, it would not look good. It's a good looking model and was ready to be integrated to Brawl so instead of scrapping it, I'll port it to ganondorf which I think will work.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Could you make a version with the Binding Blade instead of the Awakening Sword? Shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
yeah sure I could do it. I would be easy to do as everything is ready to be done

just remind me about it when I'm going to start showcasing recolors, if I forgot lol could happen!

jaystring

Smash Ace
So, I just realized that It's been a bit more then 1 year that I've been actively doing PM mods now. wow, time pass fast... seem like I still have millions of stuff I would like to import (and I want to do my own hand made stage too!)

anyway, I FINALLY got my hands on something very special tonight that I actually wanted for a long time and that I think will excite more then 1! :

Here's Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf fully imported into 3dsmax with correct hairs and stuff!!

I had to do all sorts of weird file converting and importing but it really worked!! (I lost the skinning doing it but it can easily be redone (with time))

As you can see, he's 32 500 triangles too, which is about double of an average Smash Wii U character (which is already causing lag as a Brawl import for Wii)

So at least half of the triangle has to go but I now can import HW ganondorf (or any HW characters really) to PM.

Of course don't expect me to start working on him before I finish Cloud!

Draco_The

Smash Lord
That's sick. Are you going to import Hyrule Warriors Ganon over Ganon's Final Smash as well?

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
man you're really going all out with the HW characters Jaystring, you never seace to amaze... though i think the ganon final smash will give you a bit of trouble, sence theres only one final smash model for Ganon so that would mean youd ether haft to change that or all ganons are gonna turn into HW ganon with there Final Smash...yea

Top Bottom