• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
@ P Purple Stuff Also I'd like to suggest a "go ahead and try it" to the WL DACUS thing I talked about earlier, cause I'm curious to your impressions.
I can't seem to string it together smoothly. I can DACUS fine, I can WL Fine... I just... cant.... ****en.... guuuh!!!!
I'll keep at it. :p

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
I can't seem to string it together smoothly. I can DACUS fine, I can WL Fine... I just... cant.... ****en.... guuuh!!!!
I'll keep at it. :p
I believe in you! The real trouble is doing the forward input after the WL. I had trouble getting it to work because I wasn't pressing forward for the DACUS. Keep trying dawg! You'll get it with practice!

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Something to keep in mind about DACUS: You can insta-DACUS from standing, but you can't turn around -> insta-DACUS, you'll dsmash instead (assuming you use down on c stick). if you do bair -> WL (towards your opponent but with your back facing them) -> dacus (towards your opponent, back initially facing them), you need to make sure you've acutally started your dash towards them before you input the DACUS.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
god damn, i cant get WL > dacus to work. ive been trying for the past 30 minutes. i think i only got it once and that was from a ledge dash.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
every movement option is a mixup, mixups for everything, but im still textbook and do the same **** always

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
My mixup arsenal is as follow :
-SH Fair
-SH delayed Fair
-FH Fair

I'm trying to implement SH float Fair to add a little variety.

Purple Stuff

Smash Cadet
I noticed while looking at the first hitbox of Nair frame by frame that it shifts back I think on the second frame the hitbox is out. Is that what disjoint is? I still don't know what disjoint is. help. If its not disjoint, then what is the thought process on shifting it back like that? No wait, its not just the hitbox that moves back, its the whole character. What gives?

Bazkip

Smash Master
I noticed while looking at the first hitbox of Nair frame by frame that it shifts back I think on the second frame the hitbox is out. Is that what disjoint is? I still don't know what disjoint is. help. If its not disjoint, then what is the thought process on shifting it back like that? No wait, its not just the hitbox that moves back, its the whole character. What gives?
Disjoint it simply hitboxes that don't overlap with the character's hurtbox.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
if you're getting dsmashes when trying to dacus, then you're either: trying to turn around insta-dacus (which doesn't work, refer to my above post), or you're hitting c stick down before you smash the control stick. if you're grabbing first, you're hitting the Z button before C stick down.

Purple Stuff

Smash Cadet
if you're getting dsmashes when trying to dacus, then you're either: trying to turn around insta-dacus (which doesn't work, refer to my above post), or you're hitting c stick down before you smash the control stick. if you're grabbing first, you're hitting the Z button before C stick down.
Actually, I think you can insta-dacus from facing the other way. Or at least I seem to be able to do it. Reverse waveland or not. If you are getting Dsmash, then you got a timing/input issue fudging it up.

Disjoint it simply hitboxes that don't overlap with the character's hurtbox.
Thank you for the info.

Last edited:

Mywhy

Smash Cadet
Do you guys want to check out some of my stuff? Never really had my videos critiqued before, looking for some other Ganon input. I have a few Twitch highlights.

I have trouble with Ganon dittos. A huge issue is that I feel like they will do things that I would do in that situation. Him and I are my states top Ganon players, probably within top 20 in the state. http://www.twitch.tv/m/679670

I've got some non-dittos to check out as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/m/679667 <Mick vs Sk1(Zelda)>

http://www.twitch.tv/m/679665 <Mick vs Sk1(Diddy)>

My main thing that I know I need to work on is baiting and stopping those damn missed wavelands. -_- They are so easy but right now I've been going through Dolphin at home/CRT in shop because my new TV is too HD for my wii to run even with component cables apparently.

Do I double jump off ledge too often?

Help me out brethren.

Bonus Ganon team doubles
http://www.twitch.tv/m/679681

About to make a gif of the double jab to double stomp when I can find the best software.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'll try to look at them later today. have a tourney right now, though.

don't be afraid to just post them in the video thread, either! it's not just for "top level!" vids. it's a general video collection and critique thread!

Mywhy

Smash Cadet
i'll try to look at them later today. have a tourney right now, though.

don't be afraid to just post them in the video thread, either! it's not just for "top level!" vids. it's a general video collection and critique thread!
My phone doesn't let me copy/paste on Smashboards so I will do that soon.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Teamed with a Luigi player at a monthly in CT and got 2nd lmao. Being in grand finals is so cool, need to step up my game majorly so I can do that more and actually win.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Got dunked in a tournament today, got 2nd in pools (not hard) then won once and lost 2 times in a row. Smash 4 has taken too much of my smash time and it's not going to get better lmao.

I got one set recorded, I'll post the url when it's up and if I find it.

Last edited:

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Got dunked in a tournament today, got 2nd in pools (not hard) then won once and lost 2 times in a row. Smash 4 has taken too much of my smash time and it's not going to get better lmao.

I got one set recorded, I'll post the url when it's up and if I find it.
Damn you smash 4, why must you be such a hard mistress!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey guys I got a question that kind of has to do with me playing Ganon.

I use an HDTV to play PM and I experience a bunch of input lag (even though I got an adapter for HD for the Wii) so I've been using the Input Assist option thinking this would be the equivalent if playing on a CRT/LCD.

I've got quite good at wave dashing and wave landing etc. now but recently through some reading I understood the Input Assist makes advance techs easier. Which would make sense if you use a CRT with no input lag. But if I wanted to go to a local friendlies or even compete would me training my Ganon tech with Input assist on HDTV than playing with it off on a CRT be a viable option?

I know, random questions. But you guys always got the right answers ;)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
You can find cheap or free CRTs on Kijiji alot of the time, or if you can find one lying around that's even better. People don't throw out TVs alot of the time so you can even ask around.

Ive never used input assist so I would not know. If theres lag on a tv its near unplayable for me :(

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
You can find cheap or free CRTs on Kijiji alot of the time, or if you can find one lying around that's even better. People don't throw out TVs alot of the time so you can even ask around.

Ive never used input assist so I would not know. If theres lag on a tv its near unplayable for me :(
I can buy a CRT no problem is just where do I keep it :\
I don't have too much room to work with...

Yeah the lag really kills the gameplay for me but with the Input assist in it feels 1 to 1. I press a button and the game responds immediately. With it off I press Jump -> shield down angled and I jump and than air dodge as if I didn't press down at all... With it on I wave land no problem... I just don't want to get good with tech and than learn I've been learning/practicing it wrong

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I think you'll be fine. The inputs are still the inputs you just gotta realign the timing. Although I reccomend trying to find a lagless flatscreen. Hard to come by but worth it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if you can't find a cheap/free crt, look to invest in a benq gaming monitor. those are supposed to be top notch, but probably not super cheap ;x

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Was that the hf lan tournament?
Yes.

@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ I think the input assist reactivates the buffer window from brawl, so I don't think you should be playing with it. I might be wrong because I never tested it, but I remember reading it in the 3.0 patch note. I'll test that and tell you if it actually is as I say, and if it is then you shouldn't practice with it and just get used to your laggy HDTV.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I played on an HDTV for a good while and learned to waveland on it. You do have to adjust over a game or two when you switch to CRT's, but depending on your TV the change could be small or large. You can definitely use it to practice and play on, but don't use input assist. Like Teluoborg said, it gives a 3-frame buffer window to help with tight windows for tech. Even if your TV has exactly three frames of lag, it won't really help you for eventually having it off.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I played on an HDTV for a good while and learned to waveland on it. You do have to adjust over a game or two when you switch to CRT's, but depending on your TV the change could be small or large. You can definitely use it to practice and play on, but don't use input assist. Like Teluoborg said, it gives a 3-frame buffer window to help with tight windows for tech. Even if your TV has exactly three frames of lag, it won't really help you for eventually having it off.
Thank you guys. I think I'm gonna invest in a CRT or just buy and extremely good HDTV for gaming with very little input lag. For now I will try and practice with out the input assist.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Thank you guys. I think I'm gonna invest in a CRT or just buy and extremely good HDTV for gaming with very little input lag. For now I will try and practice with out the input assist.
I got my medium sized CRT at goodwill for $10 and it's worked great so far. I'd look there or in pawn shops/craigslist. As much as we care CRT's in smash, they're pretty much junk to the rest of the world.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I got a 1080i 16:9 CRT from my cousins. ****'s so cash.

Speaking of getting things, check out what I recently acquired :D

Gonna be wearing this to every tournament I go to.
Though everyone will know who I play and be able to counterpick me before we even get to the character select screen.
rip

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of counterpicks, Icies have an infinite chaingrab on us now. If you can't avoid getting grabbed very well, you may want to look into a secondary (that isn't bowser, wario, falcon, or ivy either).

Bazkip

Smash Master
Speaking of counterpicks, Icies have an infinite chaingrab on us now. If you can't avoid getting grabbed very well, you may want to look into a secondary (that isn't bowser, wario, falcon, or ivy either).
Implying you'll ever run into a PM IC's players

Ace55

Smash Lord
Implying you'll ever run into a PM IC's players
Lol, we have one and he's pretty happy about new IC. He doesn't have the infinite down though (and probably won't because it will likely get patched anyway).

However I feel like Ganon absolutely wrecks IC enough that wobbling 2.0 won't swing it around. I mean seriously I would switch from Wario for this matchup in a heartbeat (and Wario actually seems really good at it as well).

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Lol, we have one and he's pretty happy about new IC. He doesn't have the infinite down though (and probably won't because it will likely get patched anyway).

However I feel like Ganon absolutely wrecks IC enough that wobbling 2.0 won't swing it around. I mean seriously I would switch from Wario for this matchup in a heartbeat (and Wario actually seems really good at it as well).
Yeah seriously, Ganon destroyed ICs in Melee. I definitely wouldn't sweat it in PM.

Top Bottom