• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Arty

Smash Lord
The Arty vortex is actually an in depth advanced technique. Unfortunately it's so far and beyond any smashers' realm of understanding, that revealing what it is will completely destroy the meta game.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
No you just got ZSS on the mind thats all and you should pich her up on the side.

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
The Arty vortex is actually an in depth advanced technique. Unfortunately it's so far and beyond any smashers' realm of understanding, that revealing what it is will completely destroy the meta game.
Okay so your telling me that one guy is the only one who can do this move out of all of the smash players in the world? or are you telling me that you just don't want people to know cause then they can read it when the one person uses it?

.fube

Smash Cadet
Is there any sort of list of guaranteed followups on each character out of an aerial side-b?

A few random things I have been messing with lately:
Aerial side-b to jab at low percents is a cool setup for another side-b on a lot of characters.
On big characters it's pretty easy to land d-air > IAFC > jab/d-tilt(I can't figure out if the latter is guaranteed) which does some pretty great damage (especially d-tilt with a u-air or f-air followup).

Also, auto-canceling n-airs is the best thing ever. Thank you Jesus and whoever else helped to make that happen. Mix those bad boys in with some wave-landed f-tilts and **** and Ganon is a WALL.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
The thing is : the untechable bounce after air flame choke varies depending the characters but also his percentage.

The most interesting follow ups are Dtilt, grab, Ftilt, wizkick, Utilt and jab the nobrainer. All are character dependant, character dependant and even DI dependant if I'm not mistaken.

So yeah, you mostly have to react and feel what will work and what won't, or just be a braindead idiot like me and jab everytime.

.fube

Smash Cadet
Would I be able to test it in training, or does DI come into play? When i was experimenting with it on captain falcon, he was teching before the d-tilt followup every time, so i guess it will at least show some options that dont work...

Also, why is grounded wizkick offstage considered a bad option? It seems to cover some characters' recovery options pretty well. I could be wrong, but it doesnt really seem like anyone uses it offstage.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
it's mostly dependent on fall speed. you really only get tech chase setups on fastfallers, while you can basically do anything you want as a followup on jigglypuff.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Polybash is this coming weekend in Montreal, gonna be attending and of course repping the Ganondorf man. CT is even gonna be there streaming, so you guys might even get to see me play. And watch me get wrecked. There are some high level players attending, I have no hopes of matching them. But I'm not there to win, just to have a good time.

One of those players if of course Kage so at least we'll get some good vids of him playing Ganon.

Pretty excited and nervous, this is my first time ever attending a tourney.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Gluck man, and if you want some advice here's mine : play against as many people as you can and don't be afraid to ask top players for a few games.
If it's your first tourney you're probably gonna get bodied but you'll learn more on that day than in a month of training.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Polybash is this coming weekend in Montreal, gonna be attending and of course repping the Ganondorf man. CT is even gonna be there streaming, so you guys might even get to see me play. And watch me get wrecked. There are some high level players attending, I have no hopes of matching them. But I'm not there to win, just to have a good time.

One of those players if of course Kage so at least we'll get some good vids of him playing Ganon.

Pretty excited and nervous, this is my first time ever attending a tourney.
I'm coming from Boston and I main Ganon as well. I've managed to get lots of good practice at the local tournaments here, crossing my fingers. I'll be bringing my set up, we should definitely play some friendlies on saturday.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Gluck man, and if you want some advice here's mine : play against as many people as you can and don't be afraid to ask top players for a few games.
If it's your first tourney you're probably gonna get bodied but you'll learn more on that day than in a month of training.
Haha yeah like I said I'm expecting to get wrecked. That's a good idea though, I'll make sure to do that.

I'm coming from Boston and I main Ganon as well. I've managed to get lots of good practice at the local tournaments here, crossing my fingers. I'll be bringing my set up, we should definitely play some friendlies on saturday.
Oh totally, I'm down.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah like I said I'm expecting to get wrecked. That's a good idea though, I'll make sure to do that.

Oh totally, I'm down.
good luck man, the best part of the first time is all the wacky friendlies you'll be playing in your down time =D

Edit: i remember my first event i had a friendly that was:"4 ganondorfs, only warlock punch, go!" it was hilarious.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
good luck man, the best part of the first time is all the wacky friendlies you'll be playing in your down time =D

Edit: i remember my first event i had a friendly that was:"4 ganondorfs, only warlock punch, go!" it was hilarious.
Slo-mo, one stock, 0.5 knockback ratio, Warlock Punch only on Temple. Best game mode.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
It is possible, will check on it today to know which moves do it

Edit: First of all, the semi-spike hitbox on u-air can jab reset. There's his flame choke too, i think it only works on spacies though (actually only tried it on fox) grounded side-b to jab from 0-24% if not teched obv
@ ViewtifulHoe242 ViewtifulHoe242

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Tourney was pretty good, didn't make it out of pools but didn't finish last in my pool either, good enough for a first tourney. Commented a random stream doubles match, that was interested. Friendlies were good, won some, got wrecked in others, even got a friendly in with Kage. I took two stocks off him! You might say they were SDs, but it was totally mindgames. I was in his head, man. Legit.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Tourney was pretty good, didn't make it out of pools but didn't finish last in my pool either, good enough for a first tourney. Commented a random stream doubles match, that was interested. Friendlies were good, won some, got wrecked in others, even got a friendly in with Kage. I took two stocks off him! You might say they were SDs, but it was totally mindgames. I was in his head, man. Legit.
haha, awesome, i'm so glad you had a good experience =D

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I went to polybash as well and managed to get top 8 with Ganon. The details of my losses in the tourney are in the match up thread. I did a best of three money match with Kage and managed to take two stocks off him both times. His strong melee fundamentals were really apparent and I'd go as far as to say he beat me with just those alone. Which I'm fine with, I've only been a competitive smasher for two months. I found Ganon's DACUS (when I was able to perform them on reaction) to be really amazing, whether it's hitting people with his nuts part of the hitbox and sending them sideways off stage, or getting both kicks and dealing 40%+ damage. I also managed to 2-0 Chibo's charizard, but both games were close and I won the last on FoD (which he counter picked) by stage spiking him with up B when he tried to edge guard me lol.

I also faced VWins's Ike in pools and got 3 stocked both matches I think. But I'd say that's more because he's a much better smasher than me than the match up.

Last edited:

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Managed to break into the top 8 of our local monthlies for the first time with my Ganon today.

Ain't nothin' stoppin' this Ganon train, baby :shades:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Here's the match I commentated on if anyone's curious, I'm the one who says "Hello hello" at the beginning. No Ganon in these matches, unfortunately.

No idea if I did a good job or not, never done anything like that before.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Did fairly poorly at my local yesterday. don't have exact rankings, but there were 8 rounds before semis and I made it to round 5 (about 40 entrants). Soft came to our tournament last night and he totally outplayed me in round 3. I fought our solid Ness main and while the first match was close (last stock, 100+% damage), he totally downloaded me the second match and three stocked me. I need to play a lot more patiently, I think.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I might be stopping in here occasionally. Just went to my first PM tourney a while ago and got 5th all Ganon. Going to another one in a couple weeks.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
you should learn to multi-quote, though, rather than double/triple posting ;x just saying...

Kati

Smash Lord
My training partner placed first with Ganon at both of our end of semester locals, but neither of us have an answer to our friend's R.o.b. We will be hitting up a bigger tournament out of town in two weeks, so hopefully he will be able to make a similar impact with Ganon.

Top Bottom