• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Successful reads combos, and warlock punch :) one hit combo i guess

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of aerial Flame Choke into a grab on floaties. Then you Dthrow into, well, just about anything.

Also, dair -> dair -> tech chase FC or WK. Easy 60% damage, more if you continue after a Flame Choke.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm a big fan of aerial Flame Choke into a grab on floaties. Then you Dthrow into, well, just about anything.

Also, dair -> dair -> tech chase FC or WK. Easy 60% damage, more if you continue after a Flame Choke.
Yknow, speaking of that, any consensus so far on Ganon as a CP to Mewtwo for easy flame choke predicts on his levitate?

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
What easy reads does levitate give you?

I'm probably misunderstanding you, but levitate, to me, sounds like it would only serve to make prediction harder for Ganondorf. At its core, it's a movement/recovery mixup they can use to make it more difficult to know how to react.

I feel like I'm misunderstanding...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean maybe I'm just flapping my gums at something untested. For a second my brain translated levitate as slow and predictable, although before posting I went to watch some stream vids to check, and the Levitate -> Nair seems like it could check F-Choke pretty hard.

Never mind!

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Man, the Mewtwo matchup is going to be fun. So much of it is going to be hard reads on teleport, difficult edgeguarding, and spacing to avoid that damn tail. It's going to be a battle of wits we can only win with our fists. I can't wait.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
So let's start a new discussion : what are your favorite Ganon combo(s) ?
I've found out one on medium/fast fallers that looks and feels pretty awesome : air wizkick shockwave to ground wizkick, also known as the HUAA to HUAA.
hmm, that's a toughy, barring all the standard gannon stuff, i really do like the Air flame choke to U-tilt on fast fallers, (seems to kill at like 50%)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Yeah comboing out of air Flame Choke is so easy it's almost not funny. Anyone got something more original ?

I did something like jab to dash attack to grab the other day, it felt pretty manly. The weak hit of dash attack puts the opponent in an awful position at early-mid percents, I'm sure there's more to awesome things to do with it.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
hmm, something that often gets results for me is Air Flame choke to jab(or dash attack depending on the situation) to Dacus. Not guarantee'd by any means, but when it works, you often get both Usmash hits... so sexy

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
The aesthetic change for fair and dair; most recent dorf vid from 3.0 didnt show anything new

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
was there any ganon gameplay on the 3.0 preview streams? i remember asking nicely in jolte0ns stream at the end of every match for a good hour to show ganon... but everytime i got a good dose of t link lucas and mother****in snake :glare: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
was there any ganon gameplay on the 3.0 preview streams? i remember asking nicely in jolte0ns stream at the end of every match for a good hour to show ganon... but everytime i got a good dose of t link lucas and mother****in snake :glare: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:
They did show Ganondorf and i saw his Brawl dair animation, but tweaked (i believe) to look better, also i saw his brawl fair, wich i think it doesn't look bad, but the Melee animation looks better imo.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Uhm, SOJ uploaded a vid, only changes were fair and dair, wp was kept; but still, we must have hope

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
It's been said that the Fair and Dair animations are originals made by the pmbr, so they're not copies from Brawl.
I'll definitely miss THE PUNCH but I'm gonna wait until I play it before saying anything more.

Ginge

Smash Ace
In the Clone Engine Character thread, one of the top ideas is to put a different skin over the current Ganon move set and giving Ganon a fresh move set that's more true to form with the series. So I have a question for Ganon users here:
- Would you be opposed to this idea?
- Is the fun of playing this character the moves themselves or that it is Ganondorf?
- Do you want him to be less of a spun off clone of C. Falcon and have attacks more akin to how he appears in Zelda games?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
1-Why is Ganon being a clone of Falcon a bad thing ?
2-Where will you find the ressources (in time, ideas and capacities) to make a whole new moveset for new Ganon ?
3-Why are people in the clone engine thread so entitled ?

With this being said, I've tested 3.0 Ganon in a few games.
-New Fair still feels good, it's definitely not as clunky as its Brawl counterpart. I'd even say that it's as good as Melee, animation wise.
-17% Wizkick is the bomb, especially when B reversed from a dash dance. No one can stop the Ganon pain train now.
-I feel like aerial wizkick has a longer cooldown ? IDK, maybe it's just me but I feel like I have to wait forever before doing my second jump now.
-Dthrow > Usmash on Ivy is much more percent dependant. I think you have to grab before 70% or the Usmash won't connect because Ivy goes too far now.
-Nothing else much, Mewtwo is a blastto play but I suck with him. Roy matchup seems easy but it's way too early to confirm it.

Ginge

Smash Ace
It was an idea I saw brought up over there and I figured it would be worth getting the opinion of Ganon players who might not have seen that discussion going on. I enjoy playing 3.0 Ganon either way.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Nothing against you, sorry. It's just that you're the third person to talk about the exact same thing in a third different thread.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, didn't know there was another discussion for it out there. I figured the social thread would be the place to ask ^^;;

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
In the Clone Engine Character thread, one of the top ideas is to put a different skin over the current Ganon move set and giving Ganon a fresh move set that's more true to form with the series. So I have a question for Ganon users here:
- Would you be opposed to this idea?
- Is the fun of playing this character the moves themselves or that it is Ganondorf?
- Do you want him to be less of a spun off clone of C. Falcon and have attacks more akin to how he appears in Zelda games?
NO!!!!! a million times no, once again, HUUUULK SMAAAYYYAAASSSHHHH!!!!!!!

Ginge

Smash Ace
lol, sorry, i didn't mean to come off like a tool, it's just that we had a big long annoying thread about it last week :p
It's all good. The thing is, I've never played the Zelda games. So while I enjoy this moveset tremendously, I'm not particularly attached to it having to stay Ganondorf. Which is why I was curious what other Ganon players thought. And I didn't see the thread in question when I scanned the thread titles.

I'm gonna go back to slamming people's faces into the ground in purple flames of glory now. Then probably sleep. Since it somehow got to be 4am.... Project M and its weird timeshifting capabilities...

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
It's all good. The thing is, I've never played the Zelda games. So while I enjoy this moveset tremendously, I'm not particularly attached to it having to stay Ganondorf. Which is why I was curious what other Ganon players thought. And I didn't see the thread in question when I scanned the thread titles.

I'm gonna go back to slamming people's faces into the ground in purple flames of glory now. Then probably sleep. Since it somehow got to be 4am.... Project M and its weird timeshifting capabilities...
lol, it's almost like dragonball z in that way :p

Ginge

Smash Ace
lol, it's almost like dragonball z in that way :p
Except in reverse. DBZ makes 5 minutes take 20 hours to show us. While Project M makes 20 hours feel like 5 minutes.

So clearly, we should watch DBZ and play Project M at the same. So that time flows normally.

Top Bottom