• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Roy uhm, 2 months, that's my guess because there's a bug with lucas that makes him unable to roll from ledge after tht his damage percentage is above 100%, they gota fix this asap; as for ganon, jump out of wiz kick?

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
The one thing i would like to see is just allow ganon a jump after is flame choke. help his recovery game or only have his U-b be the only move that you dead fall in. I just want a better option then just D-b jump into U-b, you lose to much hight.

That would also allow him to move around projectiles with a little more mobility.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
F-tilt should reflect projectiles, if only because it would make the best move in the game all the more satisfying.

Also, because something something help Ganon deal with projectiles something.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
If those 2 suggestions were to be implemented in 3.0 then I will just die out of happiness; and jump out of wiz kick, we shouldnt be forgetting that

Scarlet Bean

Smash Apprentice
Just give Ganon himself a projectile, like his sword or whatever, to throw towards Link's ugly face. That'll do the little **** some justice.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Just make his Dtaunt throw that thing from OoT, and make it so that it stuns like ZSS' Dsmash and that any hitbox can reflect it.

Transform any match into a tennis duel of doom.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Sooooooooo, what are all of Gannon's Tech chase options after Side-b?

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Re-side b
Jab
Wiz kick
D tilt
D smash
F tilt
U tilt
(Note: all of these are conditional, and dont work on all cast, some here and a bit there; its just that you should be... Uhmm, creative? Idk this is just random, anything woks after side-b i guess /: depending on the situation.... Im just repeating myself :ganondorf: )

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
Up tilt is my favorite if you use it after aerial side b, but it isn't guaranteed onthe more floaty members of the cast. Though it can murder at around 70 to 80 percent. ^_^

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
Just give Ganon himself a projectile, like his sword or whatever, to throw towards Link's ugly face. That'll do the little **** some justice.

The more I hear the projectile idea, the more I like it. Hear our pleas PMBR! It would finally (hopefully) give us something to force our opponents to move, because right now, playing Ganon there is never a time where I feel like I'm not being forced to play my opponents' game. I have to be drastically outplaying my opponent in most situations or I'm simply at a mechanical disadvantage in most matchups.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
As nice as it would be to give Ganon a projectile, we probably won't be seeing one anytime soon. It's been mentioned on several occasions that there currently aren't any known ways to add new projectiles (aka articles) to the game. The only way we'd get Ganon with a projectile is if he was turned into a clone of Lucario or another character with a projectile, which probably isn't going to happen.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
As nice as it would be to give Ganon a projectile, we probably won't be seeing one anytime soon. It's been mentioned on several occasions that there currently aren't any known ways to add new projectiles (aka articles) to the game. The only way we'd get Ganon with a projectile is if he was turned into a clone of Lucario or another character with a projectile, which probably isn't going to happen.
Ganon-Projectile Hype Train derailed...

So, if that's not possible, I still think that it would be nice for Ganon to have some new tool in the future to deal with the "mechanical disadvantage" that WizKick was talking about.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice

Dislike. Then again I don't see why they couldn't base something off of what's currently in the game. I will never lose hope! lol But if not then I'm sure those creative people can come up with something, that could be useful even if not a projectile.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Well, yeah. Considering that the clone engine was originally thought to be an impossible feat, there's no telling what the PMBR will be able to accomplish with enough time and effort. I just meant that in the current state of Brawl hacking, a Ganon projectile probably won't happen.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Re-side b
Jab
Wiz kick
D tilt
D smash
F tilt
U tilt
(Note: all of these are conditional, and dont work on all cast, some here and a bit there; its just that you should be... Uhmm, creative? Idk this is just random, anything woks after side-b i guess /: depending on the situation.... Im just repeating myself :ganondorf: )
I agree, My favorite one is when they tech in place and i use Dair to another dair to death >:}

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
My favorite thing is that you can jab some floaties before they even touch the ground. Tech chase ? NOPE LOL

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
And depending on DI we could possibly get a DACUS after! Mwahahahahahahah!

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Dacus is pretty easy for me
Run>c-stick forward and then immediately press up on the control stick> press z

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Or if you have tap jump off, tap diagonally upward and forward on the analog stick and press C stick down and A right after that. Or Z if you can't claw.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So the ganon suggestions I liked so far and really want in 3.0, since its pretty close.

- Armor in all of his specials
- If an opponent was grabbed by ganon's up b, ganon will shoot off higher and regain a jump
- Jump out of wiz kick
(My own that I just thought of) Canceling his aerial side-b to either a combo starter, or throw enemies downwards

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
www.twitch.tv/syzygygaming?mew2roy

There's a Mewtwo+Roy preview stream going on here.

Why am I posting this in the Ganon thread?

Because they showed off a Ganon change. Grounded Flame Choke doesn't send downward anymore. It sends at an upward angle now. Looks like it links into up-air decently.

Thoughts?

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678

Because they showed off a Ganon change. Grounded Flame Choke doesn't send downward anymore. It sends at an upward angle now. Looks like it links into up-air decently.

Thoughts?
Oh god I must see that, I REEEAAALLY want to know how itll affect my gameplay
^ was just about to post that. I'm definitely intrigued.

Also, any chance of getting a Purple Ganon texture in 3.0? Purple Ganon is definitely best Ganon. I made my own in the meantime, but I think it should definitely be in the official build. I'd upload the texture, but Brawl Vault won't let me make an account.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/IMG_14451_zpsafcb99e9.jpg
and as for you, I love ya :ganondorf: purple is the dominant color of all time and ive always wanted an official purple ganon

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I'm a fan of the Flame Choke change so far. Seems like it has better combo potential and it removes a bit of the silly Flame Choke into Flame Choke into Flame Choke that gets a little silly at times. I'll have to get my hands on it to form a more solid opinion, but I liked what I saw.

Some of the Brawl animations are back as well. I'm fine with most all of them, save for the D-air animation. Way too stiff, reminds me of Brawl... Hopefully it doesn't stay for long, but I'll probably get over it. Can't wait to see how the animations affect the hitboxes though, looked like they gave a little more range.

Also, and this is probably just my imagination, but did they make Ganon larger? He seemed a little taller and bulkier, but it was probably just because I haven't used the Twilight Princess model for Ganon in a while.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. Is the angle straight up or does it send them slightly behind like the Gerudo Dragon?

I'm disappointed they decided to change the F-air and D-air animations back to the Brawl versions. Not sure why they would do this after they went to all the trouble of porting over the Melee versions. I doubt that this will be like the 2.6 Lucas changes where B-air and D-air were changed into completely different attacks. Oh well, guess it's time for me to learn BrawlBox (or PSA?) if the hitbox data is the same.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I like the Fair animation with the darkness energy. It has a lot of power behind it and it looks like it might have more range.

The Dair animation is really bad though, at least in my opinion. Doesn't really look like a stomp so much as Ganon straightening his spine. It just doesn't convey the same power as the stomp.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I could probably get used to the fair animation, but the dair one is especially bad. Hopefully they had a good reason for changing them, like increased range as you said. Although both moves already have great range imo.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Hopefully these animations translate to better range and/or speed, but we won't be able to truly see until Winter.

For anyone interested, Ganon footage can be found at around the 01:48:00 mark of the stream video, as well as later in the video.
http://www.twitch.tv/syzygygaming/b/470268333

Just to bide our time until 3.0, lets try and find all of the changes from the footage.

Changes I saw:

Ganon looks larger to me, probably my imagination

New Fair and Dair animations
Fair looks like it has longer range
Dair might be faster, but I'm not sure

Bair animation looks slightly changed as well
Bair looks like it has a little more range

Ground Flame Choke sends the opponent forward and up, combos well into aerials
Aerial Flame Choke looks unchanged

Overall speed looks a little improved to me, though it's probably just Oro being better at tech and such making me feel like Ganon's faster

Smash attacks look like they have a little more effect to them now, but I'm not positive about this either

WizKick

Smash Apprentice

Thoughts?

I really really like that, always loved it on the ground in Melee.Best of both worlds!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So Ganon gets his Brawl Dair animation ? As long as he gets its ridiculous hitbox I'm ok with it, else idk, this animation goes well with Brawl's Oldmanondorf but doesn't look like it'll fit the PM version which is more mobile and dynamic.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Can't remember if I said this before, but wouldn't it help if Ganon was given his Brawl/TP size? His F-tilt/air range would be ridiculous

The range would certainly be appreciated, but Ganondorf already has quite a bit of range as it is. Another thing to consider though is that he would be a larger target. Not sure what all of the ramifications of that would be, but it is certainly something to consider.

Top Bottom