• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville, Florida anyone?

Arjuna18

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm pretty new to this forum place, but I am no noob when it comes to Smash! I'm just trying to see if there are any people in the Jacksonville area that are any good. I want to expand my Smash friend count here!

Well hit me up if you live in this area! Thanks

-Arjuna

Sorry this posted twice somehow!!!

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
What's up? I'm pretty new to this Smash Forums as well. I don't really know many people outside of the UNF Game Room that play Smash but you should definitely come out sometime and play.

Shout-outs to Gmoney, Andre, Chip, Pritch, and other local smashers at the UNF Game Room. I wish I got into this game a lot sooner now. It looks so much fun. This is Jason in case you don't know; the MvC2/Tekken 5 player. Add me to your buddy lists. Peace.

H. D.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Hey, here's directions to the UNF gameroom from Pritch's post a long time ago. I hope to see you play at some point. ;)

Pritch said:
The place is pretty easy to find - if you came in from Kernan just take a right at the light, turn into the second parking lot on the left, and park in front of the small grassy area on the right side of that lot - the gameroom's on the right side of that green. If you came in St Johns then just take a right at the light, go straight through the kernan light and refer to the stuff about coming in from kernan. Parking isn't an issue on the weekends as UPD doesn't check tags then.

Here's the address if you need to mapquest your way to campus:
11800 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, Fl, 32224

Krillionx

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I live around UNF as well! I didn't go there (go gators =D), but my fiancé attends now (hence why i am in jacksonville). I might be out of college but i played a lot of smash back in the day at UF. It's been a year or 2 since playing with awesome players, but i'd like to get back into it, dust off those old skillz, and meet some follow gamers heh. So whats the deal? Just show up and smash haha? I assume everyone here probly has a wii are you guys trading wii codes and whatnot? Let me know!

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Hello, Krillionx, it's good to see some new faces popping up for Brawl, heh. Anyways, we are usually always playing off and on throughout the day at the UNF gameroom during the weekdays. If you show up anytime between noon and evening or later, you'll probably find a few of us or more playing. There are two Gamecubes set up on TVs with other consoles, so it is usually possible to play as well as have two games going at once. Keep in mind that there are some really bad players over there, so you may have to wait for us to show, heh. ;)

We do play on the weekends as well, but those times can sometimes be less predictable due to a variety of reasons.

As far as Wiis are concerned, yeah, a few of us have them currently. Mine has been collecting dust since launch and a lot of people plan to buy their own soon. The UNF gameroom has a Wii as well, but it's currently not out at a TV. :( When Brawl comes out we will most likely be playing more in the dorms or the lounges of the dorms.

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
Holy what?

I wish I knew about all of this earlier. I live in Jacksonville as well, and was looking for other people to play some Smash with. This is good info to have, especially what with Brawl coming out soon and the likes. The name's Adrian, and I'll hopefully be able to get out there some time soon.

Mainly since I've been planning to get into college some time this year. :p

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Hey, just posting in case any of you new guys read this.

I'll be over at the UNF gameroom with some others around 2:00 PM today (Saturday) and probably just stay most of the rest of the day. You guys should come out and play some friendlies if you can. Just follow the directions from my earlier post and don't worry about parking because it's not checked during the weekends. ;)

Also, shout-out to Jason as he's participating in a MvC2 tourney today. Good luck, son!

Arjuna18

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! We should all meet up in the gameroom next Saturday....a week before the Brawl release! We could then exchange Wii codes, phone numbers, and just hopfully become Smash friends!

ALSO....I may have a surprise I can bring to the gameroom. Yeah, Im going to ruin the surprise and tell you what is..lol

My friend owns Super Smash Bros. Brawl with his Japanese version of the game! (yes, he's parents live in Japan and send him all the cool stuff! He has Wii Fit too). I'm going to ask him if he can bring it over there on Saturday 1st, 2008! I also have a Wii so if anything I can at least bring that. See you guys then!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*looks in thread*

Holy ****, there are tons of FL noobs!!!! WTF!!! Why can't GA get any?!? :p

Welcome to the Smash scene. Even though I'm from GA, you have found yourself in one of the top states for Smash lol. FL is exceptional, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of good players around you that will be more than happy to play you.

Good luck with your Smash career!

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
*looks in thread*

Holy ****, there are tons of FL noobs!!!! WTF!!! Why can't GA get any?!? :p

Welcome to the Smash scene. Even though I'm from GA, you have found yourself in one of the top states for Smash lol. FL is exceptional, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of good players around you that will be more than happy to play you.

Good luck with your Smash career!
Haha I used to live in GA, and might move back. Or atleast visit my relatives in Atlanta, partly to see the 'Smash scene' there as it were. I want to play this GAwes guy, I've seen his vids and ho****.

But yeah, back on topic of the UNF Game Room. Couldn't make it today, but I'm sure when Brawl comes out I'll be making a visit with a buddy or two of mine so we can have some good ol' fun. Always wanted to find more people who were into Smash down here. Never knew where to look.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
unfortunately GA_Wes is now living in Europe so you won't be able to play him.

Jacksonville's my home town, so maybe I'll get to meet some of you some time? I used to smash with Gahtzu a lot last summer.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Okay, I guess nobody could show up. It's all good. Sorry if you did later as I did leave the UNF gameroom earlier than I expected to.

Anyways, Arjuna18 got me thinking... We haven't done a tourney up here for awhile and it would be a good way to say goodbye to Melee as we transition to Brawl. Who would be interested in playing in a tourney on Saturday (03-01-08) as well as a smashfest on Sunday (03-02-08; I turn 20 on this day, hooray)? This wouldn't be for money unless a large majority wants it to be and we may need TVs or Gamecubes, but that can be discussed later. This event would be in the lounge of my dorms and not at the UNF gameroom unless we can find a better venue.

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Okay, I guess nobody could show up. It's all good. Sorry if you did later as I did leave the UNF gameroom earlier than I expected to.

Anyways, Arjuna18 got me thinking... We haven't done a tourney up here for awhile and it would be a good way to say goodbye to Melee as we transition to Brawl. Who would be interested in playing in a tourney on Saturday (03-01-08) as well as a smashfest on Sunday (03-02-08; I turn 20 on this day, hooray)? This wouldn't be for money unless a large majority wants it to be and we may need TVs or Gamecubes, but that can be discussed later. This event would be in the lounge of my dorms and not at the UNF gameroom unless we can find a better venue.
What's up, man? I just got back and I am mad tired. Well, I represented Jacksonville at that tourney, son! I won. My treat to Denny's Monday night. LOL j/k There were some things I didn't like about the tournament but I'll discuss that with you in the Game Room on Monday and tell you all about it. I got 4th in T5 DR which I was surprised on that one as well. Thanks for the shout-out, South Jersey-Boy. Take care.

H. D.

Arjuna18

Smash Rookie
HEY GUYS!!! Today I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl at my apartment in Melrose!!! Anyone is welcome to come to APT 1212 in Melrose by UNF. I will only be playing till about 6:30ish so come before then. Also bring your preferred control type for the game(Gamecube troller, Wii mote, Classic etc...)

Arjuna18

Smash Rookie
Yo...GEOFF...Right?! ha

yeah, it was fun yesterday. I'll have to play you again in Melee and bring my "A" game. But I think I got ya beat in Brawl. hahaha

Well, I'll hit you guys up when I get a chance to play Brawl again, and myabe I'll be around the gameroom at UNF soon. See ya around

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Okay, we'll be doing a tourney at UNF as Jacksonville's farewell to Melee this Saturday. Here's the info:

Time:

March 1st, 2008 @ NOON (show up earlier if possible; doubles will take place first)

Place:

The Crossings - Building R

11800 UNF Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32224

From Kernan, turn onto Alumni Dr then make a left onto Betty Holzendorf Dr. The Crossings will be on your right and Building R is the one in the back. You can park at any lot during the weekends. Use Google Maps. ;)

Rules:

I'll post this when I have more time. It's standard rules though.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Hey, posting the results from today's tourney (the attendance was pretty disappointing; just a bad day for some people, I guess)...

Doubles (there were only 3 teams, so it was kinda sad):

1st RUM+COKE (Gmoney and AMR.)
2nd The Colonel (Tets and Nick)
3rd Dave-id (Dave and David)

Singles:

1st Gmoney
2nd C-PO
3rd John

Shout outs:

AMR. - Good teaming as always, even though the competition was lacking. Nice winners final matches. They were tough. Great pill catches on everyone, by the way.

C-PO - Good ****. Your Samus has gotten so much more beastly. Really tricked me up. Falco is still great too, just need to stop suiciding and being greedy. :(

John - Amazing 3rd place win! Just believe more in your ability. ;)

Nick and Mark - Glad you guys could make it. You guys are definitely getting better.

Pritch - You suck for playing Magic over Smash.

Everyone else - Good games and fun times!

By the way, for those that missed this tourney, there will be another tourney next weekend at Orange Park. I'll post the info when I get it.

19666falcon

Smash Apprentice
umm...I live in Jacksonville and go to the UNF game room frequently to play ping pong and sometimes spot some people playing smash. I don't like playing video games in there though because it's usually hot as hell in there and smells like it too...I was wondering if we could do like an online tourney maybe the weekend of March 15. I'll add you to my wii and you guys add me to your wii and we should start a new thread for this...LMK :bowser:

Arjuna18

Smash Rookie
Hey Gmoney! Sorry I missed the tourney...I got dragged into working today arrgghhh

Well looks like Brawl is coming out next weekend!!! Woot...so I guess I'll play you then. Oh, what Gamestop are you going to on Saturday? Maybe I'll see you there.
Peace

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Arjuna, it's all good. **** happens, heh. Would've been fun to play you again. ;)

Yeah, I can't wait for Brawl! I think the plan for most of us is to play in this tourney in Orange Park during the day, eat or something and head over to wherever we pre-ordered the game to play in those stupid GameStop tourneys. I'll be at the EB Games in the town center to get my copy and I'll probably end up heading back to the dorms to play that junk for the entire weekend. We should definitely hang out though.

19666falcon, who are you? You should definitely make yourself known when you see us in the gameroom (I know it's bad, but it's not that bad). And, sorry, I have no real desire to participate in an online tourney, especially that soon after release (and then I've got to be in DC soon afterwards anyways), but make a new thread if you'd like (you'll probably get more enthusiastic answers from others).

Renth

Smash Hero
if anyone wants to play me this is your last chance i'm moving to pennsylvania thursday morning i live in gainesville drop a PM if you want me to throw a fest together

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Wow, the Orange Park Tournament got canceled? That's bogus. Well, back to practicing for me. I'm bringing that EVO2K7 DVD tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. I'm tapping into the beast-mode power now. Wave-Dashing is getting serious! Take care.

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Happy Brawl Day to those who got it and are playing until your eyes pop out. Melee still tastes fresh to me so I'm gonna' stick to that game. I'll see you all Monday afternoon with some new tactics.

Krillionx

Smash Rookie
ghost

hey there,

Sorry for replying so late to everything. Things have been hectic at work. Anyways, I wanted to post my friend code so we can play:

wii: 7267 7634 1751 1205
Friend code: 4468 0626 6786

send me a PM with your info when you add me!

Hopefully i'll be free one weekend to meet you guys and play in person :)

Take Care,

Krill

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Sorry, most of us don't go online with Brawl. It's really too laggy most of the time for us to have fun. You should definitely come by UNF at some point and play. Sadly, most of us won't be around next week due to spring break. :(

I'll leave a message when I'm back from my break.

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
Wow... jeez why am i so late when new people come in???

anyway if anyone still wanna play melee (brawl getting on my nerves kinda) ill be in the unf gameroom on weekends around 4pm to about 10pm

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry I am so late on this response but I am willing to play Melee with you sometime. I still like Melee better than Brawl anyway but I'm not very good at it. Let me know when you go to the UNF game room again and I will look out for you.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Hey, Krillionx, sorry for this late post (I got sidetracked by my work and some other ****). Anyways, I'll be in the gameroom today and tomorrow (Saturday and Sunday) from around 2 and should stay for a few hours. You should make it if you can. Oh, and there's also a tourney being run in the gameroom for a bunch of games at different days and times. Smash is on there. The sign-up sheets are on the walls near the front desk. If you don't go to UNF just fill out some random 8 digit number for your N number (like n12345678, but less obvious).

Jason, come play some more Brawl! ;)

Gmoney

Smash Ace
cause' you suck at it :rolleyes:
This is coming from a guy that has never even come out to the gameroom to play Smash (Melee or Brawl)? There are many people among the Smash community (even from Jacksonville) that enjoy Melee more than Brawl right now, and with good reason. Brawl has dropped so much off of what made its predecessor's competitive scene so amazing. This is just one of many complaints, but I'd rather not invest the time to list them all. I can understand why people still want to play Melee, but I've pretty much dropped it from my play to focus on Brawl.

Anyways, don't talk trash (especially over the Internet) about someone who has proven himself as a "good" player to the Jacksonville community when you've never even dropped by to play in real life. No one really cares about Wi-Fi. Also, MM $20 IRL in Brawl or Melee? ;)

19666falcon

Smash Apprentice
This is coming from a guy that has never even come out to the gameroom to play Smash (Melee or Brawl)? There are many people among the Smash community (even from Jacksonville) that enjoy Melee more than Brawl right now, and with good reason. Brawl has dropped so much off of what made its predecessor's competitive scene so amazing. This is just one of many complaints, but I'd rather not invest the time to list them all. I can understand why people still want to play Melee, but I've pretty much dropped it from my play to focus on Brawl.

Anyways, don't talk trash (especially over the Internet) about someone who has proven himself as a "good" player to the Jacksonville community when you've never even dropped by to play in real life. No one really cares about Wi-Fi. Also, MM $20 IRL? ;)
$20? Why not bet your car, since that's probably how much its worth. It smells like *** in there...make sure if I come to play you take a shower.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
$20? Why not bet your car, since that's probably how much its worth. It smells like *** in there...make sure if I come to play you take a shower.
We could each trade back and forth more and more ridiculous offers and insults and waste more and more time because one of us is too worried about losing, or we could just play for a quick $20. No johns.

19666falcon

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm heading over to the gameroom in a bit. I should be there for a few hours. If you can show up, awesome. If you can't, whatever.
nope, more of a notice would be nice...how about Thur, or Fri, I have projects due this week, and am I only playing you for money or what?

Top Bottom