• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
2nd~
I prefer Ivy the most & would appreciate the quadruped grass type for DLC as well ! PKMN's is a huge franchise / universe I can see PKMN DLC's getting in if Sm4sh had a 6 character count for PKMN reps.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Would be nice, be it a Pocket Monster Bundle saying, "So you wanna be a Master?! of Pokemon!".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ivysaur was my personal favorite of three. I really liked it's playstyle among other things, so I used it more often than other two and thus it was probably my best of the three.

So of course, I'm really hoping that we get DLC and that Ivysaur and Squirtle are among the characters that make it's list.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The love for her being DLC with a mixed move-set of her Brawl & Project M... would be fantastic I wouldn't mind getting both really.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ivysaur is deconfirmed because you cannot see it riding a Gogoat? That is as good a reason as any, I suppose.
Seems legit to me. Charizard could easily ride a Gogoat thanks to his legs, which is why he's back. Ivy on the other hand would struggle to stay on. It would be like trying to balance a dog on top of another dog.

We should immediately disconfirm any character that can't successfully ride on a Gogoat.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Double Posting Warning
Seems legit to me. Charizard could easily ride a Gogoat thanks to his legs, which is why he's back. Ivy on the other hand would struggle to stay on. It would be like trying to balance a dog on top of another dog.

We should immediately disconfirm any character that can't successfully ride on a Gogoat.
Squirtle, Mewtwo & Jigglypuff confirmed definitely DLC :denzel:

I had that same everything when Ivysaur was missing from E3 pkmn trailer. :201b::201r::201u::201h:

Edit: holy hotness @ Moon Monkey Moon Monkey !! Nice eyes
Yo @ koffdropz koffdropz welcome to SmashBoards! How's your mornight?

Double Edit: My bad on that Double D posting hotness,

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My over excitement of discussing a underrated Brawl character & posting with awesome people temporarily blinded my sight of posting judgement. How could I slip up in her (Ivysaur) own unconfirmed thread. Sorry but thank you @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer

Edit: THIS THREAD ISN'T EVEN THREE HOURS OLD :urg:

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Imagine getting all the cut pokemon back!
:4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::squirtle::ivysaur::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::pichumelee:

That would be cool! 9 Pokemon for us to use.
Remove Pichu and I'm down with that selection of characters.

I liked Ivysaur, but Charizard is still my all-time favorite Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone have a R.O.B. and a goat so we can confirm if he'll be back?

Anyway, I'd love to see Ivysaur return, but I don't think it will happen. The buff to tethers benefits Ivysaur so much...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Please, DLC.
I need Ivy back. Anyway I'd be Ok with a Venusaur.
Sakurai could make Venusaur because making a character like Bowser plays the way he's integrated in Smash, however he just won't for the safety of balancing the game. Mega Venusaur as I'm told is too good they'd need to make his FS cinematic :shades:

But yeah

The buff to tethers benefits Ivysaur so much...
!!!! Yes omg please she had amazing Brawl tether range! I've had hundreds of ppl type in reply to how good it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai could make Venusaur because making a character like Bowser plays the way he's integrated in Smash, however he just won't for the safety of balancing the game. Mega Venusaur as I'm told is too good they'd need to make his FS cinematic :shades:

But yeah

!!!! Yes omg please she had amazing Brawl tether range! I've had hundreds of ppl type in reply to how good it is.
Not only that, but Ivysaur's recovery was bad in Brawl because you could just grab the edge, and she'd die. With tethers appearing to grab regardless of a person being on the edge or not, it would make her recovery so much safer.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The love for her being DLC with a mixed move-set of her Brawl & Project M... would be fantastic I wouldn't mind getting both really want that combined move-set right now.
So @BluePsychic I personally wanna ask the thread for Ivy's potential DLC chance, what brawl moves & what Project M moves do we want? I've played both so I'm definitely prepared to discuss this.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Gogoat is what deconfirmed Ivysaur, now?

It's like you guys don't know what a platform looks like if it isn't completely flat and floating in the air. You guys have played too much Board The Platforms.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
You guys have played too much Board The Platforms.
More like I haven't played enough! I miss that sh*t, & bringing back Ivysaur as DLC with Ivysaur's own BTP stage? Yes Please would accept that challenge.
Edit: Removed that Giga Bowser Boss Procedure Battle because I'd rather play me some Ivysaur BTP!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Venusaur is my favorite Pokémon and has been so for 14 years now, and of course Ivysaur and Bulbasaur follow right behind because of that. It's a shame he most likely won't make it, getting to play him seperately from PT in an official Smash title would be fantastic, it's been something I have wanted since I first picked up Melee, just playing as any part of the Bulbasaur line.

Here's hoping for DLC, unfortunately I'm not sure if him and Squirtle will even make it as that though. Not because of Gogoat though :p

Last edited:

koffdropz

Smash Rookie
Warning Received

P.S Welcome to Smashboards! :b:
Thanks

Gogoat is what deconfirmed Ivysaur, now?

It's like you guys don't know what a platform looks like if it isn't completely flat and floating in the air. You guys have played too much Board The Platforms.
Mind blown

Squirtle, Mewtwo & Jigglypuff confirmed definitely DLC :denzel:

I had that same everything when Ivysaur was missing from E3 pkmn trailer. :201b::201r::201u::201h:

Edit: holy hotness @ Moon Monkey Moon Monkey !! Nice eyes
Yo @ koffdropz koffdropz welcome to SmashBoards! How's your mornight?

Double Edit: My bad on that Double D posting hotness,

Real late, but yea I'm feeling Smashboards :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Nice @ koffdropz koffdropz glad to hear it. As far as Ivysaur for DLC you want move-set updates to go with her along the way or do you guys want a fully-complete Ivysaur move-set right at the start of buy / free choosing? Playing Brawl Minus gave me even more ideas for her omg....!

koffdropz

Smash Rookie
Nice @ koffdropz koffdropz glad to hear it. As far as Ivysaur for DLC you want move-set updates to go with her along the way or do you guys want a fully-complete Ivysaur move-set right at the start of buy / free choosing? Playing Brawl Minus gave me even more ideas for her omg....!
Updates for any DLC character sounds awesome

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want Ivysaur back REALLY BAD. Seriously, I would main him.
I would also like these changes~
Disclaimer: I use a seperate control scheme, so I'm gonna use color-coding so you know what I mean.
ABXYLRZ
Another Disclaimer: I haven't played Project M, simply because I have no computer that accepts SD Cards. ;C
~STATS~​
    • A bit Faster, but Heavier.
    • And maybe a bit Bigger.

B MOVES
    • Jab gets more knockback towards Ivysaur
    • Down Smash is changed to Sleep Powder, which puts the enemy to sleep (no kidding?) + does some damage
    • Up Smash is changed to Poison Powder, which is basically his normal Up Smash, but it causes damage overtime (by Poison)

X MOVES
    • Make Solar Beam his Down B, charges overtime (Sorta like PM)
    • Be able to angle Bullet Seed (slightly)
    • Up B on Ground is a "sweep" above his head, clockwise. (goes from Bulb to Booty to Head)
    • Make Razor Leaf like a Boomerang, whereas it returns to Ivysaur
A MOVES
    • Up and Down Aerials are Stun Spore, which slows the opponents down movement for a bit (If they even survive the holy terror that is Ivysaur's Up/Down Aerials >:])
    • Keep the Neutral Aerial EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE (but do more damage). Noone can mess with the Twirlysaur. (Someone make a GIF of that. PLEASE.)
And that's about it.
Have a good day. :ivysaur:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Damn @ Bedoop Bedoop I like those changes, seeing some Poison type attack representation in there good stuff. Only thing with the move-set I want is adding in a Down-B for Ivysaur.:shades: Due to my recent game-playing with Ivysaur in BrawlMINUS, down-B being Leaf Storm would satisfy me to all ends, the move is amazing is completely justified for it. http://youtu.be/ipp6xSASWz8?t=31s show's it starting up and going but at the end of it all you go into special-fall animation to be punished if you mis-use it.

Edit: Also for a run-down on P:M comparison to Brawl Ivysaur take a look at this:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ivysaur_(PM)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Damn @ Bedoop Bedoop I like those changes, seeing some Poison type attack representation in there good stuff. Only thing with the move-set I want is adding in a Down-B for Ivysaur.:shades: Due to my recent game-playing with Ivysaur in BrawlMINUS, down-B being Leaf Storm would satisfy me to all ends, the move is amazing is completely justified for it. http://youtu.be/ipp6xSASWz8?t=31s show's it starting up and going but at the end of it all you go into special-fall animation to be punished if you mis-use it.

Edit: Also for a run-down on P:M comparison to Brawl Ivysaur take a look at this:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ivysaur_(PM)
X MOVES
Make Solar Beam his Down B, charges overtime (Sorta like PM)

Way ahead of you.​

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Way ahead of you.​
*Fixes*
Only change I want with your move-set idea is replacing Solar Beam with Leaf Storm. http://youtu.be/ipp6xSASWz8?t=31s show's it starting up airborne but you go into special-fall animation afterwards which is fair.

Edit: Adding onto my discussion on Leaf Storm, Ivysaur (DLC) grounded you'd aim your Leaf Storm in a 45degree angle much like PM Solar Beam does. It would have B-reversing & Wavebouncing mechanics to the move so you don't just have a boring front-facing hit-box standing.
It's your move Yugi:shades:.

But I find Solar Beam as a down special awkward but what else would you add on-to Down-B being Solar Beam? Does your idea of the SolarBeamCharging do anything? Discuss please:ivysaur:

Last edited:

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
Ivysaur is the dopest smash character. It's playstyle is so unique and being the only playable quadruped is cool. It also helps the Bulbasaur line is my favorite of the original starters.

For a time long before Greninja I actually thought Sylveon may have had a chance as the new 6th gen Pokemon rep, it'd be another quadruped with its ribbons acting like Ivysaur's vines. Maybe that's off topic.

Ivysaur needs to stay, but probably won't sadly.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ivysaur is the dopest smash character. It's playstyle is so unique and being the only playable quadruped is cool. It also helps the Bulbasaur line is my favorite of the original starters.
Ivysaur needs to stay, but probably won't sadly.
I dig it, Ivysaur really does have one of thee most unique fighting styles in Brawl / Brawl-- / Project M. Ivysaur for a grass rep to complete the Starter type trio makes more sense to almost making dollars. But if not, we could hopefully see DLC with an updated Ivysaur at best.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ R Rosalina&Greninja
Ivysaur may or may not need one actually. To me, the announcement news of the pics of the day showing tethers getting a huge buff left me with a smile on my face thinking of Ivysaur coming back with a buffed Vine Whip tether. I don't really have a decent idea for a replacement Up Special.

There's no smash hacked mod that I know of Ivysaur rising the tornado upwards, just in Brawl minus jumping up & shooting the Leaf Storm at a downward angle. Facing right he shoots it at a 315 degree angle, vice-versa facing left he shoots it at a 225 degree angle.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Fixes*

It's your move Yugi:shades:.

But I find Solar Beam as a down special awkward but what else would you add on-to Down-B being Solar Beam? Does your idea of the SolarBeamCharging do anything? Discuss please:ivysaur:
Sorta like PM's Synthesis/Solar Beam, heals slowly as it charges. I just find it good as a Down B.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sorta like PM's Synthesis/Solar Beam, heals slowly as it charges. I just find it good as a Down B.
Addressing for ya that pre 3.0 PM Ivysaur's Synthesis/SBeam charge had a 'shine' hit-box & was changed post 3.0 Ivysaur replacing it with a wind-box. Would you include those very same bonus effects to it for it's move priority to be more than just a 1% per second heal charge?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Addressing for ya that pre 3.0 PM Ivysaur's Synthesis/SBeam charge had a 'shine' hit-box & was changed post 3.0 Ivysaur replacing it with a wind-box. Would you include those very same bonus effects to it for it's move priority to be more than just a 1% per second heal charge?
I guess so, yeah. I never played PM, so I dunno how Ivy feels over there. :drsad:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I guess so, yeah. I never played PM, so I dunno how Ivy feels over there. :drsad:
:crying: She's amazing @ Bedoop Bedoop there's no words to describe how much beefing she got in PM compared to her Brawl metagame play-style. I wanna buy you a PC just for you to use a SD card to play PM Ivysaur...:urg:

Edit: I left a link up above in a past post about her PM changes from Brawl

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
:crying: She's amazing @ Bedoop Bedoop there's no words to describe how much beefing she got in PM compared to her Brawl metagame play-style. I wanna buy you a PC just for you to use a SD card to play PM Ivysaur...:urg:

Edit: I left a link up above in a past post about her PM changes from Brawl
I saw the changes and they look great, I would love to play Project M. But you know, Lives aren't perfect. :urg:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I saw the changes and they look great, I would love to play Project M. But you know, Lives aren't perfect. :urg:
There's cheesy combo's (cheesy implying easy easy tactics / abuse of moves & or combo's) like Grab > D-throw > Power Whip (sweet spot) > FC Solar Beam, 0 to 60-ish % that can KO sometimes....stuff like that eggsists:yoshi2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom