• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Dark Matter's time to... wait.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Thanks, I try. I did a bit of extra work on it over the past few minutes and made some good progress. Unfortunately I may not get finished for a while since I'm going out tomorrow. I'll try to get it done before midnight tonight but no promises.

From left to right:
Bird Man, Gear Wizard, Banana Bandana, Art Boy, Dank Matter
Ado / Adeleine must really like Marx to have that on his / her hat!

Anyways, nice work!
Better than my drawings...

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
We made it to page 4! Anyways,

The Smash 4 Ballot is officially over. With that being said, I'd like to hear your opinions on what a Dark Matter reveal trailer might look like. Also, I know this is a Dark Matter thread, but who do you guys think might get in?

Anyways, my take on the reveal trailer for Dark Matter is this:

The scene starts off with Kirby (As Sword Kirby) and King Dedede fighting in the place where they fought in Squeak Squad while Dedede's theme is playing. They exchange blows and eventually Kirby gets his Sword power knocked out of him. Kirby is now face down on the floor and Dedede lowers his guard. Dedede looks away. All of a sudden, Kirby gets up, sucks up Dedede's hammer, and becomes Hammer Kirby. Kirby then does the Hammer Throw at Dedede (Who is now panicking) which causes him to lose the Hammer power. Dedede collapses on the floor (In the way he usually does in older Kirby games with one foot in the air). Kirby starts doing the dance he usually does when he beats a boss, (Except without the 2 other Kirbys that appear out of nowhere) while the dance music plays. All of a sudden, Kirby stops dancing (The music also fades out all of a sudden) to observe something that catches his eye (The audience can't see what it is yet, but can hear noises coming from the object). The camera perspective changes to behind Kirby. A treasure chest, which shakes occasionally, comes into view...

As soon as the treasure chest comes into view, the opening theme from Kirby's Dreamland 3 starts playing (Hopefully a good remix). Kirby walks over to the treasure chest. When he reaches it, he disregards a paper saying "DO NOT OPEN" because he can't read. He tears it away. He starts unlocking the treasure chest and as soon as it is unlocked, the lid flies open. Kirby is thrown backwards. Kirby gets up. A black orb rises from the treasure chest. It transforms into Dark Matter Swordsman.

"IT'S DARK MATTER'S TIME TO SHINE!"

Kirby gets a surprised look on his face and then an angry one because he remembers who Dark Matter is (The boss theme from Kirby 64 starts playing [Hopefully a good remix as well] ). King Dedede is seen in the background getting up.

Dark Matter's moves are then shown off in-game.

Afterwards, Bandana Waddle Dee is seen walking away in the sunset while The King and The Sun plays. After a short period of time, the camera starts following him at his side. The scene looks like the end of Revenge of the King from Super Star Ultra, except with Bandana Waddle Dee. Eventually, King Dedede walks beside him to try to cheer him up.

(This is assuming Bandana Waddle Dee does not make it into Smash 4)

End of reveal trailer.

As for who I think will make it into Smash 4, I think it will be Isaac and Shovel Knight. I don't know who the third will be (If there even is a third).

EDIT: I don't know why, but I keep typing Dedede's name as DeDeDe. I'll only make the changes on this post though.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
We made it to page 4! Anyways,

The Smash 4 Ballot is officially over. With that being said, I'd like to hear your opinions on what a Dark Matter reveal trailer might look like. Also, I know this is a Dark Matter thread, but who do you guys think might get in?

Anyways, my take on the reveal trailer for Dark Matter is this:

The scene starts off with Kirby (As Sword Kirby) and King Dedede fighting in the place where they fought in Squeak Squad while Dedede's theme is playing. They exchange blows and eventually Kirby gets his Sword power knocked out of him. Kirby is now face down on the floor and Dedede lowers his guard. Dedede looks away. All of a sudden, Kirby gets up, sucks up Dedede's hammer, and becomes Hammer Kirby. Kirby then does the Hammer Throw at Dedede (Who is now panicking) which causes him to lose the Hammer power. Dedede collapses on the floor (In the way he usually does in older Kirby games with one foot in the air). Kirby starts doing the dance he usually does when he beats a boss, (Except without the 2 other Kirbys that appear out of nowhere) while the dance music plays. All of a sudden, Kirby stops dancing (The music also fades out all of a sudden) to observe something that catches his eye (The audience can't see what it is yet, but can hear noises coming from the object). The camera perspective changes to behind Kirby. A treasure chest, which shakes occasionally, comes into view...

As soon as the treasure chest comes into view, the opening theme from Kirby's Dreamland 3 starts playing (Hopefully a good remix). Kirby walks over to the treasure chest. When he reaches it, he disregards a paper saying "DO NOT OPEN" because he can't read. He tears it away. He starts unlocking the treasure chest and as soon as it is unlocked, the lid flies open. Kirby is thrown backwards. Kirby gets up. A black orb rises from the treasure chest. It transforms into Dark Matter Swordsman.

"IT'S DARK MATTER'S TIME TO SHINE!"

Kirby gets a surprised look on his face and then an angry one because he remembers who Dark Matter is (The boss theme from Kirby 64 starts playing [Hopefully a good remix as well] ). King Dedede is seen in the background getting up.

Dark Matter's moves are then shown off in-game.

Afterwards, Bandana Waddle Dee is seen walking away in the sunset while The King and The Sun plays. After a short period of time, the camera starts following him at his side. The scene looks like the end of Revenge of the King from Super Star Ultra, except with Bandana Waddle Dee. Eventually, King Dedede walks beside him to try to cheer him up.

(This is assuming Bandana Waddle Dee does not make it into Smash 4)

End of reveal trailer.

As for who I think will make it into Smash 4, I think it will be Isaac and Shovel Knight. I don't know who the third will be (If there even is a third).

EDIT: I don't know why, but I keep typing Dedede's name as DeDeDe. I'll only make the changes on this post though.
The end of that trailer would generate such an obscene amount of salt it wouldn't even be funny (it would be EXTREMELY funny).

As for who I think will get in, Dark Matter obviously (if I believe hard enough it has to happen, right?), Wolf and King K. Rool. Wolf is practically a shoe in and K. Rool has to be the most voted for character by far.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
The end of that trailer would generate such an obscene amount of salt it wouldn't even be funny (it would be EXTREMELY funny).

As for who I think will get in, Dark Matter obviously (if I believe hard enough it has to happen, right?), Wolf and King K. Rool. Wolf is practically a shoe in and K. Rool has to be the most voted for character by far.
You're right to think that Dark Matter will make it! We all just have to believe hard enough and it will happen.

Anyways, my plan for the drawing that I'm making was originally going to be propaganda to the other Kirby character threads (Not blatantly saying that they're stupid, but making a somewhat offensive joke). Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't cause sodium to mix with chlorine, because that may diminish our reputation. In terms of getting reputation, playing it safe might be the better option, as it will slowly attract attention and has a low chance of resulting in failure. On the other hand, playing it risky will attract attention quicker, but has a higher chance of resulting in failure. By failure I mean that we will be regarded as a bad community by most and/or the chances of Dark Matter making it into Smash will probably be low.

Maybe I'm overthinking, as the drawing might not be that good, (And even if it were, there are plenty of other drawings out there) but I'm not only talking about my drawing, I'm talking about our plan. I was taking a look at the Bandana Dee thread, and they have a whole system just for dealing with "deetracting" as they call it, as well as many counter arguments and even a schedule for events.
I think it's time to step it up :sonic: (Even if we're not that large of a thread or community and we're early in the development) and think of a solid plan for our future, while at the same time continue to make drawings to gain attention.

What do you suggest we do Indefinite Minimum Indefinite Minimum ? What should I do with my drawing? (I can easily rework it if it's a problem) Now I don't want to ask too much of you since you most likely have commitments with school, family, friends etc. and can't or simply don't want to go on the forums that often, but as it stands right now, you are the leader of the Dark Matter movement because you are one of the pioneers of the idea (Or perhaps not, I haven't checked any other forums [I'm also aware of Azure Warrior] ) and the owner of this thread.

If you want to stay the leader, then by all means stay, we're glad to have you as the leader! But if you don't, we should find someone who wants to be the leader, as soon as possible.

(Sorry for the change of tone in this post, I feel like it needed to be said, otherwise we probably wouldn't get far in the movement. Also, this is a movement to get Dark Matter in Smash 5 and to make people aware of it. If Dark Matter makes it into Smash 4, then it will most likely make it into Smash 5 and will be made aware of, all without any effort on our part, thus causing the movement to be void. In other words, disregard this post if Dark Matter gets announced as a character.)

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I made some propaganda, it's pretty bad though, so I'll try to make something that's actually worth your time next time :p
Dark Matter propaganda.jpg
Glittery propaganda.gif

I do have something to share I think is worthwhile however. In Another Dimension, when Kirby's chasing the Lor Starcutter images of all the places Kirby's been in the game pop up, but then there was something interesting I noticed.

Dark matter evidence 1.png

So those cloud like things that look like they have a eye, above the image of Halcandra, are those Dark Matter?! It certainly looks like it, doesn't it? And if those are Dark Matter, we'd have solid evidence of two things, Dark Matter's influence on the Halcandra, which backs up all those Master Crown theories, and Dark Matter is still active after the events of Kirby 64. Not to mention that if that really is Dark Matter, that kind of puts a giant hole in the notion that Dark matter is irrelevant and doesn't have a future. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
You're right to think that Dark Matter will make it! We all just have to believe hard enough and it will happen.

Anyways, my plan for the drawing that I'm making was originally going to be propaganda to the other Kirby character threads (Not blatantly saying that they're stupid, but making a somewhat offensive joke). Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't cause sodium to mix with chlorine, because that may diminish our reputation. In terms of getting reputation, playing it safe might be the better option, as it will slowly attract attention and has a low chance of resulting in failure. On the other hand, playing it risky will attract attention quicker, but has a higher chance of resulting in failure. By failure I mean that we will be regarded as a bad community by most and/or the chances of Dark Matter making it into Smash will probably be low.

Maybe I'm overthinking, as the drawing might not be that good, (And even if it were, there are plenty of other drawings out there) but I'm not only talking about my drawing, I'm talking about our plan. I was taking a look at the Bandana Dee thread, and they have a whole system just for dealing with "deetracting" as they call it, as well as many counter arguments and even a schedule for events.
I think it's time to step it up :sonic: (Even if we're not that large of a thread or community and we're early in the development) and think of a solid plan for our future, while at the same time continue to make drawings to gain attention.

What do you suggest we do Indefinite Minimum Indefinite Minimum ? What should I do with my drawing? (I can easily rework it if it's a problem) Now I don't want to ask too much of you since you most likely have commitments with school, family, friends etc. and can't or simply don't want to go on the forums that often, but as it stands right now, you are the leader of the Dark Matter movement because you are one of the pioneers of the idea (Or perhaps not, I haven't checked any other forums [I'm also aware of Azure Warrior] ) and the owner of this thread.

If you want to stay the leader, then by all means stay, we're glad to have you as the leader! But if you don't, we should find someone who wants to be the leader, as soon as possible.

(Sorry for the change of tone in this post, I feel like it needed to be said, otherwise we probably wouldn't get far in the movement. Also, this is a movement to get Dark Matter in Smash 5 and to make people aware of it. If Dark Matter makes it into Smash 4, then it will most likely make it into Smash 5 and will be made aware of, all without any effort on our part, thus causing the movement to be void. In other words, disregard this post if Dark Matter gets announced as a character.)
I recommend you avoid doing anything inflammatory. You may have heard the phrase, "Any publicity is good publicity." That's not true when you are trying to get people to like something.

Another thing, this isn't exactly a movement. It's a thread on Smash Boards about an obscure video game character. The bet way to gain publicity is to keep the thread going while producing meaningful content.

Speaking of content...

I made some propaganda, it's pretty bad though, so I'll try to make something that's actually worth your time next time :p

I do have something to share I think is worthwhile however. In Another Dimension, when Kirby's chasing the Lor Starcutter images of all the places Kirby's been in the game pop up, but then there was something interesting I noticed.

View attachment 76487

So those cloud like things that look like they have a eye, above the image of Halcandra, are those Dark Matter?! It certainly looks like it, doesn't it? And if those are Dark Matter, we'd have solid evidence of two things, Dark Matter's influence on the Halcandra, which backs up all those Master Crown theories, and Dark Matter is still active after the events of Kirby 64. Not to mention that if that really is Dark Matter, that kind of puts a giant hole in the notion that Dark matter is irrelevant and doesn't have a future. Any thoughts on this?
Good job! They may look super cheesy (especially the second one), but anything you can create will make a fantastic addition to the thread, because you did it yourself. Same goes to everyone else, original content is the best thing we can ask for.

I also never noticed that island in the background before. To me it looks like a volcanic cloud, but I think the fact that Magolor got one big eye in his final form is evidence enough that Dark Matter had something to do with the crown. Dark Matter has always had the potential to come back because Zero has come back to life before.

Finally, an update on my drawing. I had no time to work on it yesterday but its still coming along. I just finished Galacta Knight, which leaves Adeleine, Dark Matter, and the background.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Another thing, this isn't exactly a movement. It's a thread on Smash Boards about an obscure video game character. The bet way to gain publicity is to keep the thread going while producing meaningful content.
Ah. I may have exaggerated then, let me rephrase "movement". We are putting forth effort to make an obscure character more known, while in turn making it more likely to get into Smash 5, (It's inclusion in Smash 4 might not have anything to do with us) on a small thread. With that being said, leadership might not be necessary at this point (If it ever is necessary) aside from general guidelines for posting content on this thread, which you answered.

I recommend you avoid doing anything inflammatory. You may have heard the phrase, "Any publicity is good publicity." That's not true when you are trying to get people to like something.
Thanks for clearing this up, I wasn't going to continue working on the drawing until you responded. I'll get working on it again from time to time.

View attachment 76487

I've never noticed that in the background! It's so ominous! The clouds certainly look like Dark Matter, making the Master Crown theories, as well as the Final Boss theories all the more plausible.

As for the picture you made, I like it. The background reminds me of Zero Two's lair. Also nice entrance phrase, I haven't heard that one before.

It's finally done.

From left to right:

Galacta Knight, Magolor, Bandana Dee, Adeleine, Dark Matter
Nice drawing! I love the "Good Luck!" sign most of all!

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Nice drawing! I love the "Good Luck!" sign most of all!
Thanks. I posted it in each of the five threads that I linked at the bottom. Maybe I should have waited until tomorrow afternoon instead of on a Sunday night. The goal was to get people from each the thread to check out the others but maybe I wasn't clear enough with my intentions.

Either way, it was a lot of fun to draw. I wanted to make it look like I drew it in crayon, which ended up looking really nice in my opinion. I did however, have to do it all by hand to get the most genuine look possible. No fill tools here. That's why it took twice as long as it should have.

Last edited:

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Okay, so my picture isn't done yet, (Needs color and shading) but here's a preview! It needs a few tweaks here and there, but I think I did ok considering this is the first Kirby related picture I've ever drawn. I had to enlarge the end of Dedede's hammer because it seemed too small to me, so if you notice the thicker lines there, it's because I haven't bothered to fix it (I'll eventually fix it). Also, the tails of the speech bubbles will be fixed in the end, so don't mind them. One last thing, the letters are too small at the moment, so I apologize for making you squint at your screen.

Anyways, here it is.
[/url][/IMG]
What do you guys think? Should I change anything other than what I mentioned above?

EDIT: I fixed all the issues mentioned in this post and in the post below, except for the text.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so my picture isn't done yet, (Needs color and shading) but here's a preview! It needs a few tweaks here and there, but I think I did ok considering this is the first Kirby related picture I've ever drawn. I had to enlarge the end of Dedede's hammer because it seemed too small to me, so if you notice the thicker lines there, it's because I haven't bothered to fix it (I'll eventually fix it). Also, the tails of the speech bubbles will be fixed in the end, so don't mind them. One last thing, the letters are too small at the moment, so I apologize for making you squint at your screen.

Anyways, here it is.
[/url][/IMG]
What do you guys think? Should I change anything other than what I mentioned above?
You captured "Right Back at Ya" Dedede pretty darn well with that line. Just a few things that bother me about this: Dedede has too many teeth. In the anime whenever they gave him teeth, he never had that many, it's just kinda odd looking. Meta Knight's feet also look a bit small. Sorry for being knit picky but little things like that tend to stand out to me quite a bit. Overall it's coming along well, I really like Kirby's pose and you did a great job shaping the rest of Meta Knight. I'm looking forward to the final product!

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
You captured "Right Back at Ya" Dedede pretty darn well with that line. Just a few things that bother me about this: Dedede has too many teeth. In the anime whenever they gave him teeth, he never had that many, it's just kinda odd looking. Meta Knight's feet also look a bit small. Sorry for being knit picky but little things like that tend to stand out to me quite a bit. Overall it's coming along well, I really like Kirby's pose and you did a great job shaping the rest of Meta Knight. I'm looking forward to the final product!
Ah, thank you for the constructive criticism! I'll make the changes you mentioned right away!

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
By the way, what are you using to draw it?
At first, I drew a simpler version on good old fashioned paper, then I took a picture of it with my phone (I don't have a scanner). Then, I emailed it to myself so that I could get it on my computer. Afterwards, I started using the software Krita (One of the best options for me, as I use Linux Mint OS) to fix some mistakes (Though I had to rework Meta Knight and Dedede a bit because I wasn't satisfied with their looks) and give it an overall nicer look. I'm using Krita right now for color and shading.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Alright. My drawing is almost done, but before I start shading, I'd like to show you how it is now.

Should I leave it as is, or should I give it some shading? (By shading I mean giving it a sense of depth and light) I partially shaded in the rectangular bit of Meta Knight's feet and some of the jewelry on Dark Matter.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Alright. My drawing is almost done, but before I start shading, I'd like to show you how it is now.

Should I leave it as is, or should I give it some shading? (By shading I mean giving it a sense of depth and light) I partially shaded in the rectangular bit of Meta Knight's feet and some of the jewelry on Dark Matter.
I would do something about the castle, maybe add some way to distinguish the floor. Shading might be the way to do it. Other than that the colors look nice. Good 3d effect on the castle walls as well.

Be careful with the shading. If you go overboard it could end up looking really bad.

Last edited:

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
I would do something about the castle, maybe add some way to distinguish the floor. Shading might be the way to do it. Other than that the colors look nice. Good 3d effect on the castle walls as well.

Be careful with the shading. If you go overboard it could end up looking really bad.
Alright, I'll take your advice.

I'll be careful as well.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Alright, here's the finished product! (Assuming there are no errors)

What are your thoughts on my drawing guys? Do you love it? Do you hate it? More importantly though, do you spot any errors?

It's not a perfect drawing by any means, but I think I did good with this. It's definitely my most original drawing, and I had a lot of fun making this.

Anyways, I may start drawing a new picture soon that's going to only include Dedede. If it turns out the way I want it to, it'll be hilarious!

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here's the finished product! (Assuming there are no errors)

What are your thoughts on my drawing guys? Do you love it? Do you hate it? More importantly though, do you spot any errors?

It's not a perfect drawing by any means, but I think I did good with this. It's definitely my most original drawing, and I had a lot of fun making this.

Anyways, I may start drawing a new picture soon that's going to only include Dedede. If it turns out the way I want it to, it'll be hilarious!
It's great! The shading worked out really well too. I'll be happy to add it to the gallery in the OP.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
New thread theme. Like I said earlier, this is my favorite song from the Kirby franchise. I feel it fits the current situation.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Out of curiosity, does the fact that Dark Matter's never had a trophy in the entire Smash Bros. series strike anyone else here as odd? Like seriously, I think it's pretty weird, why on Earth can't the 2nd most major antagonist in Kirby get a single trophy or even a sticker, are they intentionally avoiding him for some reason?

It's because he's already in Brawl and Smash 4, what did you think those "shadow bugs" the Primids are made of actually were? Kirby and King Dedede can't swallow any enemies in SSE, almost as if it's because they can't swallow them since their actually made of Dark Matter. Tabuu's attacks are commonly believed to be inspired by the Kirby final bosses, which include Dark Matter and 02. Master Core is just a Dark Matter swarm. This theory may or may not be written by an insane person :p.

Exploding Sparks:
Exerting Electricity: Dark Nebula
Aimable Lasers: Drawcia Soul
Teleporting around the stage: Nightmare, Marx
Near-Fatal Attack: Marx
Rushing with a Blade: Dark Matter
Firing a gigantic laser: Marx
Rapid-Arrow Shooting: Marx

Seriously though, why doesn't Dark Matter have a trophy in any of the games?
Edit: Grammar.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, does the fact that Dark Matter's never had a trophy in the entire Smash Bros. series strike anyone else here as odd? Like seriously, I think it's pretty weird, why on Earth can't the 2nd most major antagonist in Kirby get a single trophy or even a sticker, are they intentionally avoiding him for some reason?

It's because he's already in Brawl and Smash 4, what did you think those "shadow bugs" Primids are made of actually were? Kirby and King Dedede can't swallow any enemies in SSE, almost as if it's because they can't swallow them since their actually made of Dark Matter. Tabuu's attacks are commonly believed to be inspired by the Kirby final bosses, which Dark Matter and 02. Master Core is just a Dark Matter swarm. This theory may or may not be written by an insane person :p.

Exploding Sparks:
Exerting Electricity: Dark Nebula
Aimable Lasers: Drawcia Soul
Teleporting around the stage: Nightmare, Marx
Near-Fatal Attack: Marx
Rushing with a Blade: Dark Matter
Firing a gigantic laser: Marx
Rapid-Arrow Shooting: Marx

Seriously though, why doesn't Dark Matter have a trophy in any of the games?
Clearly, everything you've stated here is fact. Dark Matter is the final boss of the game, so we win. Take that, Banana Doos.

I don't really know why Dark Matter hasn't had a trophy yet. Marx has one, Galacta Knight has one, Sir Kibble has one. He is definitely qualifies since he was a very influential character. If they are avoiding him, the only reason I can think of is that he's too closely related to everyone's favorite blood spewing friend, Zero. Then again, plenty of Metroid monsters got trophies so I don't really have a clue.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

made this custom sprite of Dark Matter many months ago

hope you guys like it

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman

made this custom sprite of Dark Matter many months ago

hope you guys like it
Very impressive! I'm glad that you decided to post it here. It more than deserves a spot in the OP.

I don't believe you've posted here before, so welcome to the thread!

Awesome!

On the topic of art, I'm currently working on another drawing featuring Dark Matter. It may take a while to finish though.
I'll look forward to it!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Awesome!

On the topic of art, I'm currently working on another drawing featuring Dark Matter. It may take a while to finish though.
cool, good luck on it! :)

I don't believe you've posted here before, so welcome to the thread!
Thank you, hoping Sakurai acknowledges Dark Matter's legacy to get in the Smash roster as well.

he's one of my favorite Nintendo villains of all time.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Ho ho! You thought the thread was dead? Worry not my dear Dark Matter compatriots, for I have arrived with a new discussion topic! I have placed it delicately within this spoiler as to preserve its pristine topicality!

Here it is! Right in here! Get excited!
Hey I mean, it's a pretty good topic right, you know? Just maybe don't get too excited? heh heh...
So umm... like... if you could you know, p-put and n-new stage in the game... with, you know, a D-dark Matter theme... w-what would it be? Like... yeah. heh...
It's... good... right?
guys?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ho ho! You thought the thread was dead? Worry not my dear Dark Matter compatriots, for I have arrived with a new discussion topic! I have placed it delicately within this spoiler as to preserve its pristine topicality!

Hey I mean, it's a pretty good topic right, you know? Just maybe don't get too excited? heh heh...
So umm... like... if you could you know, p-put and n-new stage in the game... with, you know, a D-dark Matter theme... w-what would it be? Like... yeah. heh...
It's... good... right?
guys?
Eh, you mean't a stage that's themed after Dark Matter, not a stage that just has a musical theme like 02's theme, right? If that's right then I'd go for Dark Star, not only would it probably be a nice stage, but it would be very surprising for anyone who hasn't played a Kirby game before, seeing a giant bloody eyeball in the background might catch some people off guard and shatter a few false expectations about Kirby :p.

Also, uh, is it fine with you guys if I push for a Dark Matter rerate in the RTC thread? I want to, but if you guys don't want it for any reason then I'm fine with not doing it.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Also, uh, is it fine with you guys if I push for a Dark Matter rerate in the RTC thread? I want to, but if you guys don't want it for any reason then I'm fine with not doing it.
Sorry to ask, but what is a rerate? What is the RTC thread?

It's... good... right?
guys?
Eh, you mean't a stage that's themed after Dark Matter, not a stage that just has a musical theme like 02's theme, right? If that's right then I'd go for Dark Star, not only would it probably be a nice stage, but it would be very surprising for anyone who hasn't played a Kirby game before, seeing a giant bloody eyeball in the background might catch some people off guard and shatter a few false expectations about Kirby :p.
I think Dark Star is a solid choice. The only thing I somewhat disagree with is the appearance of Zero / Zero Two in the stage. If Zero Two is incorporated into Dark Matter's final smash, it should not appear in the background while it is active. This could also create a nice effect, seeing Zero in the background throughout the battle and then moving onto the stage for the final smash. Maybe have it only appear when Dark Matter is in the stage.

Also, I would like to say that I haven't been working on the drawing as of late, I've been caught up with some other things. I'll start working on it eventually though.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Since I never answered my own question, I figured I had better do that. I would base a stage off of Hyper Zone from Kirby's Dreamland 3. I'd really like to see all the colorful purple and orange... clouds? zooming by in the background. The stage itself would be based on Zero. It would be a big white platform as the base of the stage with black misty platforms that occasionally rise out of it and dissipate after they get high enough. Standing on them would make them dissipate faster and the vertical blast-zone would be higher to compensate for the higher platforms.

This game could use more hexagons. Imagine the possibilities. Hexagons that go up, hexagons that go down, hexagons that appear and disappear. Lucas would love it!

If Dark Matter uses his final smash, Alfonzo can take Zero's place in the background. Giant red eyed Alfonzo, "Leave it to me!"

Jokes aside, it's a great idea. I like the idea of a stage with a lot of static platforms.

RTC is the "Rate this Character" thread, right? I'm fine with it.

Sorry to ask, but what is a rerate? What is the RTC thread?

I think Dark Star is a solid choice. The only thing I somewhat disagree with is the appearance of Zero / Zero Two in the stage. If Zero Two is incorporated into Dark Matter's final smash, it should not appear in the background while it is active. This could also create a nice effect, seeing Zero in the background throughout the battle and then moving onto the stage for the final smash. Maybe have it only appear when Dark Matter is in the stage.

Also, I would like to say that I haven't been working on the drawing as of late, I've been caught up with some other things. I'll start working on it eventually though.
I understand. Usually I only draw things when I'm inspired and really want to draw something. I can't really force it because if I do, I won't enjoy doing it. Take as long as you like, there's no rush.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Anyone think the Dark Castle from Kirby's Dreamland 2 would make a good stage?

The top of the castle isn't that interesting but

I think its level select screen has potential. Any thoughts?

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Maybe you could have the top for Ω mode and the rest for Normal mode.

I personally find the stage to be too dull as it's just a grey castle, and we already have a black and white stage.

Of course, they could always just give it some color. I would be happy to see another Kirby stage in the game, regardless of what it looks like.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Just found out that the character threads are getting shut down. Welp, such is life. It was the first time I've ever had a leadership role on a forum and it was tons of fun. I loved talking to you guys despite the fact that I feel like I completely shut down discussion every time I opened my mouth. Some good content came out of this thread too despite it being so small which I couldn't be happier about.

Whether or not we are successful in the end isn't super important. Smash Bros will continue to be a fantastic game no matter who makes it in. Don't get me wrong, waking up to an announcement of Dark Matter joining the fight would be a dream come true, but if it doesn't happen, I'm sure we'll still get some great new characters anyway.

Maybe the thread will come back some day, I'm not really sure exactly what's gonna happen. I'll say goodbye now so I don't miss the end but if anyone says anything I'll probably respond to it. Bye guys, I'll see you in another life thread.

Just found out that the character threads are getting shut down. Welp, such is life. It was the first time I've ever had a leadership role on a forum and it was tons of fun. I loved talking to you guys despite the fact that I feel like I completely shut down discussion every time I opened my mouth. Some good content came out of this thread too despite it being so small which I couldn't be happier about.

Whether or not we are successful in the end isn't super important. Smash Bros will continue to be a fantastic game no matter who makes it in. Don't get me wrong, waking up to an announcement of Dark Matter joining the fight would be a dream come true, but if it doesn't happen, I'm sure we'll still get some great new characters anyway.

Maybe the thread will come back some day, I'm not really sure exactly what's gonna happen. I'll say goodbye now so I don't miss the end but if anyone says anything I'll probably respond to it. Bye guys, I'll see you in another life thread.
You know you could just move here with everyone else :p
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/semi-social-all-character-support.1812/

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
That's a good idea. We should move there then.

I'm really going to miss this thread though. My first post on SmashBoards was on this thread, and man did I make an entrance.

You should go make the new thread Indefinite Minimum, unless you're not interested.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Oh really? I thought it was the end XD
I think it's my fault lol
Well if this is the case, I'll eventually go there as well, and while the idea of making a new thread is a bit frustrating, on the other hand it's the opportunity of finally cleaning the OP a bit - I'm refering to my thread but, I'm a supporter of Dark Matter as well so I'm looking forward the future of this thread too.
It's still sad seying every thread "reset", but I assume that the list of supporters can still be ported right?

Oh really? I thought it was the end XD
I think it's my fault lol
Well if this is the case, I'll eventually go there as well, and while the idea of making a new thread is a bit frustrating, on the other hand it's the opportunity of finally cleaning the OP a bit - I'm refering to my thread but, I'm a supporter of Dark Matter as well so I'm looking forward the future of this thread too.
It's still sad seying every thread "reset", but I assume that the list of supporters can still be ported right?
Copy and paste your entire OP for all I care I dont mind.
(although if you have further questions bring them to the group. No use using this thread for something not pertaining to Dark Matter)

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
That's a good idea. We should move there then.

I'm really going to miss this thread though. My first post on SmashBoards was on this thread, and man did I make an entrance.

You should go make the new thread Indefinite Minimum, unless you're not interested.
lol now I look stupid. I blame Iko MattOrr.

Last edited:
Top Bottom