• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It looks like Brawl has gone gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syril

Smash Rookie
In Japanese, "NOW PRINTING" on a picture usually indicates that the picture is a placeholder and that the finalized picture is not ready yet. That looks like a placeholder for Brawl's box art.

The phrase you should be looking for is "MASTER UP", which is the Japanese equivalent of "gone gold".

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Thanks for teaching an new phrase for me.

Does this mean that I could dl the japanese ISO and play the game on my modded (wiikey) wii?

Mewruler

Smash Cadet
Yea, when pokemon diamond came out, it felt some incomplete because seribii didn't tell us everything in the game.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
OMGOMGOMG. NOw we have to wait for a japanese person to get a disk (somehow and leak it! OMGOMGOMG.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
With the delay, it should better than just a "good job". It better be awesome.

Chepe

Smash Lord
In Japanese, "NOW PRINTING" on a picture usually indicates that the picture is a placeholder and that the finalized picture is not ready yet. That looks like a placeholder for Brawl's box art.

The phrase you should be looking for is "MASTER UP", which is the Japanese equivalent of "gone gold".
Wow people are really ignoring posts like these up the ***. And then theres the credibility issues...

If it is true though, it still doesnt mean that Sakurai will tell us about it. But the leaks will be coming... :)

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord

=)

Ryoko edit: Because most people aren't familiar with the term "going gold."

"Going gold" in the world of software development is when you/your team completed the final product in the form of a "master disc". Now called the "gold master", this disc is sent to the factory to be duplicated into consumer copies.
Be nice if the source was more credible.

www.rakuten.co.jp isn't exactly what I call official. (and if it is, how come I never heard of it before any other games release?)

Rash

Smash Ace
Okay, so maybe this is just a case of Rakuten not having the official Japanese box art yet? So, does that pretty much render this thread completely useless?

Again, Nintendo hasn't confirmed anything, so people shouldn't be getting excited yet.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
um so does this mean it has a gold cd i dont think that were work cause i thot cds had to be silver on the bottom

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
why do people think this is too early? halo 3 = a month of gold before launch. guess what? ja.p launch = a month away. USA launch = just over a month away.

this was the main reason i wondered if brawl would sell out: Nintendo not getting it gold early enough to make enough copies. looks like they actually did.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I dunno about everyone else but I'd be rather worried if they hadn't gone gold now considering that the release is less than a month away in Japan.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The company makes only ONE golden disk. They keep the disk and a machine copies the data from the golden disk to produce copies that are to be sold world wide.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
It was on some website about Smash... I saw it before too, but i didn't think anything about it.

I'd like to know, too. I forgot where I saw it.
Yeah, I was about to say that I saw this awhile back and didn't think much of it.

Sunshine

Smash Rookie
The pic is from rakuten, which is one of the largest online marketplaces in Japan. Probably the equivalent to Amazon over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom