• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It looks like Brawl has gone gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I went back through the old news in Kotaku and looked up the difference between when different games have been confirmed gold and when they launched and found this.
Assassin's Creed - 21
Rock Band - 15
Black Site Area 51 - 11
Unreal 3 (PS3) - 20
Mass Effect - 29
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - 18
Halo 3 - 27
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - 28
Project Gotham Racing 4 - 19

We can see that the both Halo 3 and Mass Effect went gold about a month before release. And seeing as Brawl is to the Wii as Halo 3 is to the 360, now is the time that you would expect it to go into production.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
wait wait wait.. doesn't "going gold" _technically_ refer to the master copy of the disc that is used to stamp the retail copies? the master disc being made of gold? of course that means it's in production, but I don't think anyone mentioned that fact.
Wow. Just, wow.
Discs are burned, not stamped.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
im fine with no megaman, actually, i prefer geno even though i don't know who the F he is!

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I don't know about you but that was one of my favorite games for the snes...it was my 3rd game I ever played too(only two before it were super mario world and Pacman)
I must try it out then. If it is that promising. Do you know when it will come out for the Virtual Console? Heh, we are totally being off topic.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*gasp* you no play Super Mario RPG?
More like. . . "*gasp* you support a character you don't even know anything about?"

Lame.

Even if this isn't true, I think it's a little late for a delay to happen. Isn't Japan supposed to get the game in about a month? If it were delayed now it would pretty much be like putting the disk in their hands and then, without ever breaking contact, yanking it back going "wait, wait, wait, I just gotta fix this one thing" and then hauling *** to an underground laboratory to do mysterious things with it for 2 more months.

Also lame.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Wow, wasn't expecting the game to finish so soon. I guess the Dojo updates make it seem "incomplete".

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
How else can you interpret it if megaman were not in this situation no one would interpret it any different that i did.

Was anyone like NO!!! this totally deconfirms sonic for brawl. So yes stop clinging to fanboyism, and also stop saying "thank you" at the end of your post. It makes you look dumb.

No there is a chance that Inuaza is lieing because he has too for legal purposes.
You sure do like to start arguments..

3rd one i've seen today alone..

Mewruler

Smash Cadet
Remember Sakurai was supposed to reveal hidden stuff and secrets in the game at this time, so he has to find other things that will not spoil the game, fill in, and still make us come back.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Darn! No delay so us here in North and South America and Japan have to wait two weeks (Febuary 24th, 200*), and Europe and Australia can get into the Brawl at the same time. Yes, I'm that f***ing nice. :laugh:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Watch like the most obscure character EVER be confirmed! :laugh: They'll be coming in by the millions, I tell you. The way Melee went, Brawl will be 10 times bigger. So, expect hell. I don't think that waiting lines at midnight are anywhere NEAR out of the question. If there is one, I'ma waitin'! :)

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
5 updates a week make the it seem incomplete?
No, no, that's not what I meant. It feels like it isn't complete because the updates aren't truly showing everything in Brawl. I'm not saying it's enough, but it just feels like that to me. Although we have like 40+ updates to go. So...yeah I suppose it'll fill in the missing gaps.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
Oh god if this is true then thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

thank you thank you thank you thank you

I would die if another delay happened. ;_;

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman
jesus people if megaman has no chance it means the same for geno
i am so freakin' pissed right now i could punch a hole through the wall
Quit your BAWWWing, no one on this page even mentioned geno, wait till the release so then you will find out if mega is in or not. Without a quote you just sound like a ranting idiot.

Also, go punch the wall, I hope you break you wrist so you can't play brawl, or any game for that matter.

I

i8waffles612

Wow, if this is true... I will be sooooooooo happy.

Lol, yeah wat some people have said...It doesnt feel complete to US because the DOJO hasnt given us all the information...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom