• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I was going to say that I don't think Sakurai would make Nintendo reveal the leak character, and leave out of the blue ones for an outsider event like PAX.
But it does fall into place because Nintendo was announcing Xenoblade for the 3DS.

I don't think we'll get another Newcomer today. PAX just isn't the place for that, neither is comic-con.

P.S. $60 for Isaac?

I don't know... maybe eventually, but keep in mind Isaac would probably be worth what an Isaac Amiibo would. :D And if you only want the digital version, then that'd be worth LESS than one.

Speaking of which... Back in Brawl, DLC was frowned upon because "not everyone was online".
Well now Amiibo makes the "Online" physical, thus there's no excuse. :)

It's GOOD that Isaac isn't an AT yet.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm not joking, I would pay $59.99 for Isaac DLC.
I wouldn't, mostly because I couldn't stand the thought of supporting such absurd price gouging, but knowing how reasonably priced MK8 DLC in particular is (seriously, 6 characters, 16 tracks, and a bunch of kart parts for $12? Nice!), I can't say I'm at all worried about how Smash DLC will be priced.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'd consider it Kickstarter funding for Golden Sun IV.
And that cinched the deal!

Jokes aside, we can still wait for reveals during PAX! It is not over till it's over! But if they make a GS4 only for the New 3DS.... I have to get a New 3DS!!!!!

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
This brings me back to my point that Sakurai seems to be overlooking the GBA era. It also begs the question "Was Camelot even pushing for more Golden Sun representation?" You have all these companies begging for a character to be put into the game (Rayman and Snake as good examples). There are plenty of characters from the GBA era which could have been chosen.

Isaac could fit perfectly into the Smash universe which we've already seen with his assist trophy. Just a bit saddening that he may not make the cut. In regards to DLC if he somehow magically is absent from the AT zone then maybe just maybe. Would I pay $60 for him. Depends how much effort they put into him honestly.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
This brings me back to my point that Sakurai seems to be overlooking the GBA era. It also begs the question "Was Camelot even pushing for more Golden Sun representation?" You have all these companies begging for a character to be put into the game (Rayman and Snake as good examples). There are plenty of characters from the GBA era which could have been chosen.

Isaac could fit perfectly into the Smash universe which we've already seen with his assist trophy. Just a bit saddening that he may not make the cut. In regards to DLC if he somehow magically is absent from the AT zone then maybe just maybe. Would I pay $60 for him. Depends how much effort they put into him honestly.
Heck if Isaac has EVERYTHING he has in the Golden Sun games, his character would be a whole game by itself :p

Obviously that is impossible. Well Camelot might not be pushing for representation but it is not their fault. They might have made Golden Sun as 2nd party BUT all rights to the IP and the characters is owned by Nintendo! Thus that makes him a 1st party character and Nintendo calls all the shots.

Isaac is a perfect fit definitely! He has the moveset, he has the history, he has the uniqueness, he has the popularity and he has an iconic appearance in Smash.

This just makes it seem that Sakurai has not played an GBA games especially Golden Sun or Advance Wars. Even Fire Emblem does not have GBA representative but has a DS representative (Marth's 1st game remake), Famicom (Marth), Gamecube + Wii (Ike), and 3DS (Lucina and Marth). Yea I know too many representative for FE would have been overkill but just putting that out there.

Still want Isaac as playable in Smash 4 and that Nintendo pitched him in the game, if not Sakurai himself!

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
You guys do realize that's even more than the actual game, right? I want Isaac in Smash, but not that much.
Well, I've payed $60 bucks for a game I've beaten in 12 hours of play, so if I got 500 hours out of Isaac, I'd be fine with it

Arteen

Smash Lord
You guys do realize that's even more than the actual game, right? I want Isaac in Smash, but not that much.
I want him in that much, definitely.

But I mean, if I'm playing $100, they should at least throw in a stage and a music track or two.

Burigu

Smash Ace
If people want to believe in Isaac that is there choice, saying anything otherwise or trying to "remind everyone" to not get too optimistic serves no real purpose.

Isaac's future has not changed since the beginning.

Those people who say that Isaac's chances are low have yet to realize and confirm that Isaac's chances have not changed since E3 2013.
You are totally missing my point and taking my words out of context, what I try to say is that is better to be exceptical, I don't go around posting on threads really often, but I visit some of them, I have seen this happening tons of times, people claiming X or Y is a shoe in and that with the tons of potencial the character has there is no doubt it is indeed in.

Then when the AT or Trophy hammer hits everyone goes crazy blaming Sakurai for skipping on such an obvious choice. Even as going as far as saying they don't want the game anymore.

The purpose of my comment is to have low expectations, if anybody here can tell I am a Palutena supporter, with the fake leak, with gematsu and Sakurai bias supporting her inclusion I never went crazy callling her a shoe in, I prefered to have certain hope but be reserved about it. Even when everybody in Palutena's thread were mostly happy and hyped by this never lose the ground under your feet, it is quite easy to be carried away be the general optimistic view of people.

So NO I am not telling people to NOT believe in ISSAC believe in any character you want I myself don't win or lose anything if people support their characters I make it clear in my post I love Golden Sun, you have that choice or that right, just keep in mind that despite the general perception of people that all are fans of the same character could blind yourself to what might truly happens. If you have doubts and were pesimistic about your character and HE/SHE BECAMES A REALITY THEN YOU WERE PROVEN WRONG AND YOUR HAPPINESS quickly surpass your inicial excepticism (like me with Palutena), but if proven right then you at least had low expectations so the blown will not be that hard.

About his chances every character revealed hurts another one as the roster keeps filling up so yeah with Bowser Jr. Dr, Mario, DHD and Dark Pit still in the wings there aren't a lot of spots left

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Honestly speaking, Isaac has never been remotely close to being guaranteed to be in at I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he is not playable.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You are totally missing my point and taking my words out of context, what I try to say is that is better to be exceptical, I don't go around posting on threads really often, but I visit some of them, I have seen this happening tons of times, people claiming X or Y is a shoe in and that with the tons of potencial the character has there is no doubt it is indeed in.

Then when the AT or Trophy hammer hits everyone goes crazy blaming Sakurai for skipping on such an obvious choice. Even as going as far as saying they don't want the game anymore.

The purpose of my comment is to have low expectations, if anybody here can tell I am a Palutena supporter, with the fake leak, with gematsu and Sakurai bias supporting her inclusion I never went crazy callling her a shoe in, I prefered to have certain hope but be reserved about it. Even when everybody in Palutena's thread were mostly happy and hyped by this never lose the ground under your feet, it is quite easy to be carried away be the general optimistic view of people.

So NO I am not telling people to NOT believe in ISSAC believe in any character you want I myself don't win or lose anything if people support their characters I make it clear in my post I love Golden Sun, you have that choice or that right, just keep in mind that despite the general perception of people that all are fans of the same character could blind yourself to what might truly happens. If you have doubts and were pesimistic about your character and HE/SHE BECAMES A REALITY THEN YOU WERE PROVEN WRONG AND YOUR HAPPINESS quickly surpass your inicial excepticism (like me with Palutena), but if proven right then you at least had low expectations so the blown will not be that hard.

About his chances every character revealed hurts another one as the roster keeps filling up so yeah with Bowser Jr. Dr, Mario, DHD and Dark Pit still in the wings there aren't a lot of spots left
You may believe I am taking your words out of context, but you are seeing them in a different way than I am.

My point being, it is fine that you want people to not "get too optimistic", but saying that really does not serve any real purpose.

I never concluded that you are "attacking" Isaac supporters, but the fact that telling people not to get too excited about Isaac serves no real purpose as people will do that anyway and will do it.

I believe you have good intentions, but these words are not necessary.

My point is, Isaac's chances have not changed at all since the reveal of E3 2013.

In response to bold: The roster size of the game is not final and characters are not competing for spots. There is not a set amount of roster size limit for characters and characters don't take them from one another. Each character is viewed on what they can bring to the table by themselves and for their series, no other character affects them.

Your post would have been better summed up like this: No matter what guys, don't count on a shoe-in because you don't know what will happen.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
You may believe I am taking your words out of context, but you are seeing them in a different way than I am.

My point being, it is fine that you want people to not "get too optimistic", but saying that really does not serve any real purpose.

I never concluded that you are "attacking" Isaac supporters, but the fact that telling people not to get too excited about Isaac serves no real purpose as people will do that anyway and will do it.

I believe you have good intentions, but these words are not necessary.

My point is, Isaac's chances have not changed at all since the reveal of E3 2013.

In response to bold: The roster size of the game is not final and characters are not competing for spots. There is not a set amount of roster size limit for characters and characters don't take them from one another. Each character is viewed on what they can bring to the table by themselves and for their series, no other character affects them.

Your post would have been better summed up like this: No matter what guys, don't count on a shoe-in because you don't know what will happen.
Yes I have good intentions, and the excepticism part is more of an advice, take it or not take it everybody can do whatever they want, there is no big deal.

I have to disagree on the roster limit with you, there is definetely a roster limit even when including theorised DLC you can only add so many characters, but I will not continue to feed that part since this is Isaac thread after all and not Roster limit thread. Saying that keep believing guys, just balance the two posible outcomes out. Good luck!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes I have good intentions, and the excepticism part is more of an advice, take it or not take it everybody can do whatever they want, there is no big deal.

I have to disagree on the roster limit with you, there is definetely a roster limit even when including theorised DLC you can only add so many characters, but I will not continue to feed that part since this is Isaac thread after all and not Roster limit thread. Saying that keep believing guys, just balance the two posible outcomes out. Good luck!
Isaac thread. Please don't mention Shulk too much here, Golden Sun fans are a bit salty over that considering Isaac was ignored but Shulk apparently gets special treatment now despite Golden Sun 1 and 2 being much more popular at the time.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That is what I meant by it having no purpose. I was mainly saying it would be ignored since there have been some detractors stopping by.

Saying that keep believing guys, just balance the two posible outcomes out. Good luck!
This is good wording. It is straight to the point and cannot come off as a possible detracting post.

In regards to your post about the Roster Size Limit: Believe what you want, but we both disagree and we won't agree.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Not surprised by the outcome of today's Direct.
I figured there would be a character reveal, and wasn't expecting it to be Isaac, but it still stings.
After the video was over I let out a big sigh and shrugged it off 'cause I knew it would be like that anyway.

Oh well. There are only a couple weeks left, so we'll find out Isaac's fate soon enough... hopefully it's a good fate, but I'm getting pretty skeptical now that the leak is pretty much confirmed real. The fact that KI gets three reps and DK still possibly only has two is pretty crazy, and seeing that GS could possibly be looked over again is pretty frustrating on top of that....
I guess only time will tell.

Isaac thread. Please don't mention Shulk too much here, Golden Sun fans are a bit salty over that considering Isaac was ignored but Shulk apparently gets special treatment now despite Golden Sun 1 and 2 being much more popular at the time.
I wouldn't really consider it "special treatment," it's probably more like "fortunate timing." Xenoblade came out around the time that Sakurai was making the roster. The game did really well, Sakurai probably saw that, and added Shulk in.

The total overlooking of the GBA (and I think DS?) era(s) is getting on my nerves, though. The GBA was incredibly strong and to have NO reps from any game that debuted during that time seems just wrong.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
Guys,we can have a little hope for isaac in SSB,well in the 1985_2008 row (ness row,see the leak)
lack a character,i don't know any potential franchise in the 1985_2008 era,exept GS,it's only a little hope for isaac

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys,we can have a little hope for isaac in SSB,well in the 1985_2008 row (ness row,see the leak)
lack a character,i don't know any potential franchise in the 1985_2008 era,exept GS,it's only a little hope for isaac
1985_2008 is a long timespan. What are you talking about?

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
it's hard to explain...
the roster is ordered by franchise debut
1st row
Mario + Donkey Kong 1981
2nd row
Zelda Metroid and Kid Icarus 1986
3rd row
Fire Emblem 1990
Kirby 1992
4rt row
Starfox 1993
Pokémon 1996
Next for Single Character Series
Game And Watch 1980
Punch-Out!! 1984
Duck Hunt 1984
Gyromite 1985
5th row
Mother 1989
F-Zero 1990
Animal Crossing (I'm Counting Animal Forest as the First AC Game) 2000
Golden Sun 2001??
Pikmin 2001
Wii Fit 2007
Then for Clone section we have
Doctor Mario 1990
Dark Pit 2012
Lucina 2013
6th row
Xenoblade 2010 (shulk is in the 6th bow i don't know why)
3rd Party Characters
Pac-Man 1980
Mega-Man 1987
Sonic 1991
yes,is a little stupid,but you can count 10 characters execpt the 5th row...

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
There's a pattern to the way the leaked roster is organized, where the second last row seems to be for single reps from Nintendo franchises in chronological order of their first released games (bumping Duck Hunt and R.O.B. down, there's room for two characters).

Visually, I speculated the end result will look something like this (I think the "?"s are going to be DLC though):

Ignore G&W, Little Mac and Shulk for a second (I'll explain them later). The first four rows contain popular Nintendo series with multiple reps in order of when their first games released - speculated ?s would be Wolf and Mewtwo. The 5th row (what the user you quoted is referring to) contains single reps from Nintendo games in order of when their first games released. Then the last row contains new/last minute clones, Shulk and third party characters.

G&W and Little Mac both had games (Game and Watch, Punch Out) their first came out prior to Duck Hunt, and they're used as filler in this case to make sure the series are all together. Shulk is strange, I personally think he should go after Wii Fit Trainer (where the 4th "?" is), but people have said he's placed next to Pac Man due to some partnership Namco and Monolith Soft once had.

Basically ToonAdri is saying Isaac could still be one of the "?"s on the 4th row, but keep in mind he's competing with a whole slew of popular characters including Ice Climbers, Lucas, Chorus Kids and more.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
There's a pattern to the way the leaked roster is organized, where the second last row seems to be for single reps from Nintendo franchises in chronological order of their first released games (bumping Duck Hunt and R.O.B. down, there's room for two characters).

Visually, I speculated the end result will look something like this (I think the "?"s are going to be DLC though):

Ignore G&W, Little Mac and Shulk for a second (I'll explain them later). The first four rows contain popular Nintendo series with multiple reps in order of when their first games released - speculated ?s would be Wolf and Mewtwo. The 5th row (what the user you quoted is referring to) contains single reps from Nintendo games in order of when their first games released. Then the last row contains new/last minute clones, Shulk and third party characters.

G&W and Little Mac both had games (Game and Watch, Punch Out) their first came out prior to Duck Hunt, and they're used as filler in this case to make sure the series are all together. Shulk is strange, I personally think he should go after Wii Fit Trainer (where the 4th "?" is), but people have said he's placed next to Pac Man due to some partnership Namco and Monolith Soft once had.

Basically ToonAdri is saying Isaac could still be one of the "?"s on the 4th row, but keep in mind he's competing with a whole slew of popular characters including Ice Climbers, Lucas, Chorus Kids and more.
If that's how the roster will be, I can add 3 more veterans in there being Wolf, Mewtwo, and Lucas. If they are in the game, then who would be the remaining 2? I seriously hope it's Isaac. And if he is in, who is the last character?!?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
This is what I predicted (spoilering because it doesn't have Isaac on it):

Technically Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids are debatable, considering the whole "3ds limitations" thing. I would imagine they suffer the same fate. I also think Lucas is completely gone this time around. Otherwise Ness would probably be sitting on the 4th row (and not with the "single" reps).

If ICs/Chorus Kids aren't in then Isaac does look like a strong contender. Isaac would sit right after Villager I think (both of their games came out in 2001 but Golden Sun was later... I think?).

Oh also replace Dixie with Impa, just because there was a recent leak that was "debunked" but had renders for Wolf and Impa that can't be found on the internet, so it may be true.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think it's a bit pointless getting too hopeless about this.

We won't know the whole truth (regardless of what some might think) until around September 12th-13th. So it's not a good idea to just become downbeat because of our assumptions and arguably baseless negativity.

I honestly don't understand why we can't be allowed to have hope until the 13th September. It's not like we're going to go into denial after that date. We'll suck it up and move on.

I'm not going into other character's threads telling their fans not to get their hopes up.....so I'd like to think they wouldn't do that to us.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Like I said and I will always say, I will support Isaac 'till he gets confirmed and if he gets confirmed, I will hype. Also, even if he gets to be an AT, I won't lose hope about DLC, because DLC can not only add him to the game, as well as have his AT replaced by another GS character.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Guys,we can have a little hope for isaac in SSB
After reading the evidence... It's a stretch, but at this point, I'll happily take it. :awesome:

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Impa/Wolf leak ends up being real and Impa is a Sheik clone and fits in that clone row instead of with the other Zelda characters.

So much uncertainty... :sadeyes:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Well, we've been supporting Isaac for about 3 years (at least in my case :awesome:), so now's not the time to be pessimistic and stop supporting him, we've supported him all this time and we will keep supporting him 'till his confirmation. And after that, we will all main him. :p

Arteen

Smash Lord
If Isaac's an AT, I'd rather have Matthew as the DLC character.

I'd like to avoid multiple versions of the same character when possible.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I edited my post like 5 seconds after I posted if you hadn't quoted me people would have never known. Sorry I guess it is inevitable to have both in my mind right now it was a mistake

On the salty part I hope it is the minority, It would be a shame if this thread comes any close to Chrom's thread that is all about blaming wars between Robin supporters and Chrom supporters and the campain for DLC isn't gaining any momentum

And well Isaac is not desconfirmed so no need to be that salty. But I understand people becoming worry, in the end it is not certain characters fault to exclude another but Sakurai's decision to include some or cut another. :popo::cry:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I edited my post like 5 seconds after I posted if you hadn't quoted me people would have never known. Sorry I guess it is inevitable to have both in my mind right now it was a mistake

On the salty part I hope it is the minority, It would be a shame if this thread comes any close to Chrom's thread that is all about blaming wars between Robin supporters and Chrom supporters and the campain for DLC isn't gaining any momentum

And well Isaac is not desconfirmed so no need to be that salty. But I understand people becoming worry, in the end it is not certain characters fault to exclude another but Sakurai's decision to include some or cut another. :popo::cry:
Yeah, but can't help feel salty about Sakurai's decision to include one thing over another.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just two more weeks 'till we know everything...

Somehow, I doubt we'll be getting another Smash Direct--at least not until the Wii U version's release is nigh--and that all the remaining characters, new and old, will just be plastered on the website upon the Japanese release of the 3DS version.

[EDIT] First Lucina, now Shulk... If Isaac makes it in, I will die a happy camper.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
So NO I am not telling people to NOT believe in ISSAC believe in any character you want
I dont know who is ISSAC, does that character have a support thread? If so, why you dont go there?

Now returning to the thread theme, Isaac:

Technically, is not over yet.
The roster spaces clearly shown either DLC characters or unlockable characters, however...
I do really want Isaac in Smash. But not now. Not like this.

I have to say... It is sometimes hard to me to understand life. Explaning why i do care about Golden Sun is harder. I suppose that the reason of that is Golden Sun entering my life in my childhood, when i didnt had all those fears and doubts.
What happened to Golden Sun? The answer can be summarized in one short line:

A Dark Dawn.

The name fits so well in this situation... Due the long time of between GBA games and the DS game, many of the old audience of the series had lost the interest, even with the devoted community that Golden Sun used to have. The DS game was disapointing for an important part of the old audience. Ultimately the DS game failed as well to catch the attention of a newer audience.

Between the GBA games, the time was really short. Currently, we dont know anything about the sequel of Dark Dawn after those yeays. All those things make me believe that we are not going to have Golden Sun 4, or at least, we are not going to have a Dark Dawn sequel. Wich is, by the way, not a completely bad thing at all.

Golden Sun is not perfect.

Im older now, i know what are the things that make Golden Sun a good game and i do identify the flaws as well.
I know that Golden Sun could easily be much better game. I do see Golden Sun GBA as a prototype of a great videogame.
Perhaps, you are not able to understand why i dont want Isaac in Smash now, let me tell you:

I dont want to enter through the back door.

The current series being incomplete, with unknown destiny. Thats not how i want to get a rep from Golden Sun in Smash.
All the current newcomers entered the Smash series with splendor... Shulk with a new game Xenoblade series and the port of the old. Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters are here, after a bright game, Awakening and Uprising respectively.
With Punch Out revived, Little Mac. Greninja and those Mario newcomers, both from heathy classic series of Nintendo.
The Villager, with the established Animal Crossing series. And no one cant deny the importance of the Wii game series.
The only exception here, the character that comes from the shadows. Is Duck Hunt Dog. And this is important to know:

He is from the past.

And i dont want Golden Sun to be a thing of the past, not yet. I know that the franchise stil has a lot to offer to the world.
In a way, the smash game act as a musseum, including various characters from partially or completely unactive franchises.
But thats not what i want for Isaac. Perhaps, one day... i would accept Isaac in smash roster even with unexistant activity in Golden Sun series. But that would be after the majestic, unforgettable light of the Golden Sun.
Even if Smash can help to revive a series, i dont want Golden Sun to follow the terrible route of Kid Icarus.

Because i have faith in Golden Sun...
I dont want Isaac in Smash 4.

Perhaps you dont understand at all and this terrible english does not help.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I dont know who is ISSAC, does that character have a support thread? If so, why you dont go there?

Now returning to the thread theme, Isaac:

Technically, is not over yet.
The roster spaces clearly shown either DLC characters or unlockable characters, however...
I do really want Isaac in Smash. But not now. Not like this.

I have to say... It is sometimes hard to me to understand life. Explaning why i do care about Golden Sun is harder. I suppose that the reason of that is Golden Sun entering my life in my childhood, when i didnt had all those fears and doubts.
What happened to Golden Sun? The answer can be summarized in one short line:

A Dark Dawn.

The name fits so well in this situation... Due the long time of between GBA games and the DS game, many of the old audience of the series had lost the interest, even with the devoted community that Golden Sun used to have. The DS game was disapointing for an important part of the old audience. Ultimately the DS game failed as well to catch the attention of a newer audience.

Between the GBA games, the time was really short. Currently, we dont know anything about the sequel of Dark Dawn after those yeays. All those things make me believe that we are not going to have Golden Sun 4, or at least, we are not going to have a Dark Dawn sequel. Wich is, by the way, not a completely bad thing at all.

Golden Sun is not perfect.

Im older now, i know what are the things that make Golden Sun a good game and i do identify the flaws as well.
I know that Golden Sun could easily be much better game. I do see Golden Sun GBA as a prototype of a great videogame.
Perhaps, you are not able to understand why i dont want Isaac in Smash now, let me tell you:

I dont want to enter through the back door.

The current series being incomplete, with unknown destiny. Thats not how i want to get a rep from Golden Sun in Smash.
All the current newcomers entered the Smash series with splendor... Shulk with a new game Xenoblade series and the port of the old. Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters are here, after a bright game, Awakening and Uprising respectively.
With Punch Out revived, Little Mac. Greninja and those Mario newcomers, both from heathy classic series of Nintendo.
The Villager, with the established Animal Crossing series. And no one cant deny the importance of the Wii game series.
The only exception here, the character that comes from the shadows. Is Duck Hunt Dog. And this is important to know:

He is from the past.

And i dont want Golden Sun to be a thing of the past, not yet. I know that the franchise stil has a lot to offer to the world.
In a way, the smash game act as a musseum, including various characters from partially or completely unactive franchises.
But thats not what i want for Isaac. Perhaps, one day... i would accept Isaac in smash roster even with unexistant activity in Golden Sun series. But that would be after the majestic, unforgettable light of the Golden Sun.
Even if Smash can help to revive a series, i dont want Golden Sun to follow the terrible route of Kid Icarus.

Because i have faith in Golden Sun...
I dont want Isaac in Smash 4.

Perhaps you dont understand at all and this terrible english does not help at all.
Wow you deserve a pronunciation medal honestly if you really think I was bashing Isaac you are clearly wrong I love GS, and if you don't have any constructive to address me for just don't quote me at all. So I don't have to waste my time coming back here.

If you think it is cool to mock a person for a spelling mistake then your priorities are really wrong and since I don't started anything with you that is really uncalled for

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Isaac, Isaac...

He's a bit weird case for me. I supported him for Brawl, and of course I was very disappointed to see that he was just an Assist Trophy. Then came the period between Brawl's release and this game's announcement when I still supported Isaac to a degree. But then I played Xenoblade, and soon after dropped Isaac for Shulk. And, well...

I suppose that Isaac could still get in (though in my case, it'd be a bit of an issue of "too little too late"), but it is looking pretty bleak at this point. Seems like his two niches, a magic swordsman that uses buffs and debuffs, have been taken by Robin and Shulk. I suppose that Earth magic could make for a unique playstyle, but who knows if that's be enough in Sakurai's eyes?

Frankly, I feel that Brawl was Isaac's best chance of getting into Smash. If he misses it this time, then it may be time for him to pack it in for good, unless the Golden Sun series continues (and even if it does, Isaac likely wouldn't be the main protagonist, so it'd be Matthew or whoever in the running to be in Smash Bros. 5).

Sorry if that sounds pessimistic.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac, Isaac...

He's a bit weird case for me. I supported him for Brawl, and of course I was very disappointed to see that he was just an Assist Trophy. Then came the period between Brawl's release and this game's announcement when I still supported Isaac to a degree. But then I played Xenoblade, and soon after dropped Isaac for Shulk. And, well...

I suppose that Isaac could still get in (though in my case, it'd be a bit of an issue of "too little too late"), but it is looking pretty bleak at this point. Seems like his two niches, a magic swordsman that uses buffs and debuffs, have been taken by Robin and Shulk. I suppose that Earth magic could make for a unique playstyle, but who knows if that's be enough in Sakurai's eyes?

Frankly, I feel that Brawl was Isaac's best chance of getting into Smash. If he misses it this time, then it may be time for him to pack it in for good, unless the Golden Sun series continues (and even if it does, Isaac likely wouldn't be the main protagonist, so it'd be Matthew or whoever in the running to be in Smash Bros. 5).

Sorry if that sounds pessimistic.
I'd agree with you if it wasn't for that damn Assist Trophy. The fact that the AT is still missing bothers me. Yes, people are going to continue bringing up the excuse that "he was unlockable." However, there's no reason to suggest that all AT's from Brawl are still unlockable in this game, and we've already seen one unlockable Pokeball at least. In fact, its a completely ludicrous suggestion, the likelihood is there's no way all the returning AT's are still unlockable and Isaac is simply the character that stands out the most out of all the remaining AT's.

Isaac using Djinn would be a completely unique mechanic. Actually, Isaac using just about anything from Golden Sun is a completely unique mechanic. I don't see how Robin or Shulk tread on Isaac's "niches." None of them play anything like Isaac would, period. This is also a ridiculous argument. If Isaac isn't it, it has nothing to do with Shulk or Robin taking up Isaac's "niches."

I don't think things look bleak for Isaac, but its definitely about 50/50. Isaac is actually one of the potential newcomers who I still think has quite a decent shot. Deconfirmations are happening left and right at this point.

Top Bottom