• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I think you meant "Isaac has yet to show up" or something like that.
Either that or my english sucks hard so I don't understand your statement, hahah.
(I don't want to look like the one who goes correcting people, I'd like some corrections if you guys see me spelling someting wrong, any improvements are always welcomed!)

Anyways, I agree with your logic completely, since it fits perfectly with my previous posts!
It's one of three:
1) He's playable.
2) He's planned as DLC material.
3) Sakurai pulling the biggest trolling attempt ever.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I think we need to add Chick-Fil-a to the supporters list. They are clearly ecstatic about the possibility of Isaac being playable. Just look at this promotional material!:troll:
Captureiii.PNG

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That's the other thing. As you state, all of the "heavy hitter" AT's, the ones most wanted and requested, have already been shown off. Except Isaac and Little Mac, the latter of whom is confirmed playable. Ray was fairly highly requested, but not nearly as much as the others mentioned, Little Mac, and Isaac.
That is our main point right now so I definitely agree. One of the most asked AT has been added and the other is mysteriously missing. Isaac has a good chance of being in the game!

I think we need to add Chick-Fil-a to the supporters list. They are clearly ecstatic about the possibility of Isaac being playable. Just look at this promotional material!:troll:
View attachment 23558
Where did that come from?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
When i first came here i was 100% isaac supporter now that support is at about 55% i starting to think that isaac is just one POTD from being confirmed as a n assist and that's a scary thought

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
When i first came here i was 100% isaac supporter now that support is at about 55% i starting to think that isaac is just one POTD from being confirmed as a n assist and that's a scary thought
Come on don't lose hope! No matter what the outcome, you should remain an Isaac supporter 100%. I doubt he would be a simple POTD or assist after so long, so much time in which he could have been deconfirmed. I still think Sakurai is trolling us and we will get a trailer even more epic than Robin's and Shulk's!

_Sheik

Smash Lord
About the Olimar thing... I also think he was the most likely.

About Isaac... Indeed, there is but a strong chance Isaac will get deconfirmed in the upcoming weeks. And I'd rather that happens instead of Sakurai just leaving it up to the Japanese players to find out about it as soon as they get their hands on the game.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I dont know why everyone is always saying that Isaac would have a sword. Sakurai could easily give Isaac a Axe or a Mace to fight with. He can also use these weapons in his games after all.
Even before Shulk was revealed, I always thought Isaac would stand up right, with his sword sheathed, only drawing his sword when performing a jab or a tilt--instead of having his in-battle fighting stance. Also, it would be cool if Isaac picked up, held, and threw items with telekinesis instead of with his hand (similar to Mewtwo).

I just randomly thought of something... What do you lot think of Charlie Schlatter, Wonder Red's voice actor, voicing Isaac? I think he might sound good on Isaac, with the right tone of voice.

[EDIT] Oh, and about this Smash Roundtable thing I saw mentioned on one of the previous pages... Were you guys talking about the E3 roundtable, or is there another one coming up?

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Ideally we'd have young Isaac as the fighter with Felix stepping in as the assist trophy. If Isaac is indeed an assist trophy, I'd want him to be adult Isaac, with Matthew as a DLC fighter. Playable Felix would also be cool, if less likely. Same with having someone replace Isaac as the AT character.

The doubling of characters on the roster strikes me as excessively indulgent, so I'd rather leave Isaac as a victim of circumstance and have a playable Matthew or Felix instead.

As far as Isaac's chances go, I'm thinking about something Sakurai said on the old Brawl site:
Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters.
I really hope that "couldn't quite make it" actually means something other than "never could've made it". Base game or DLC, I have trouble believing Little Mac could be the only promoted assist trophy. And Smash Bros is such an obvious money vehicle for Nintendo that I have trouble imagining we won't see DLC for it. It'll print money, especially now that they call sell plastic figures for it too.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To pass the time, I found something interesting.

Even before Shulk was revealed, I always thought Isaac would stand up right, with his sword sheathed, only drawing his sword when performing a jab or a tilt--instead of having his in-battle fighting stance. Also, it would be cool if Isaac picked up, held, and threw items with telekinesis instead of with his hand (similar to Mewtwo).

I just randomly thought of something... What do you lot think of Charlie Schlatter, Wonder Red's voice actor, voicing Isaac? I think he might sound good on Isaac, with the right tone of voice.
I'd rather have Johnny Yong Bosch.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

[EDIT] Oh, and about this Smash Roundtable thing I saw mentioned on one of the previous pages... Were you guys talking about the E3 roundtable, or is there another one coming up?
That actually sounds close to what I thought Isaac would do, minus the telekinesis, though I like that.

The Smash Roundtable thing is actually coming up tonight at PAX at 9:30 US Pacific time. So, yeah, it's new. You can find the details on the main page.
To pass the time, I found something interesting.

I'd rather have Johnny Yong Bosch.
I NEED THIS!

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
A really cool intro would be Isaac walking up to all the other swordsman characters (marth, link, meta knight, shulk, etc) with his sword, looking at them for a second, then throwing his sword into the ground and conjuring up ragnarok or another impressive psyenergy to throw at the other fighters.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god... You guys don't know how much I love the GBA-era FE sprites. I just fell in love.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A really cool intro would be Isaac walking up to all the other swordsman characters (marth, link, meta knight, shulk, etc) with his sword, looking at them for a second, then throwing his sword into the ground and conjuring up ragnarok or another impressive psyenergy to throw at the other fighters.
Right now, I want him confirmed with the other Psychics : :mewtwopm: & :ness2:. But that situation would also be really good. Mainly cause I wanna beat up Shulk as Isaac real badly.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What do you guys think of a Djinn SET! system?

Let's cast status changes aside (as it was already taken by Shulk), Isaac's Psyenergy-based attacks would change depending on the Djinn you set.

So for example, his Smash Attacks, let's say they are by default:
-Ragnarok (Fsmash)
-Quake (Dsmash)
-Rockfall (Usmash)

But then he uses a Mercury Djinn, and it sets on him. His new smash attacks would be:
-Cutting Edge (Fsmash)
-Tundra (Dsmash)
-Prism (Usmash)

Just because I can, the rest of the smash attacks:

-JUPITER-
-Gale (Fsmash)
-Whirlwind (Dsmash)
-Plasma (Usmash)

-MARS-
-Fume (Fsmash)
-Eruption (Dsmash)
-Planet Diver (Usmash)

He'd basically change his Smash Attacks to equivalents of another element that look similar, but the knockback/direction/strength/and cast speed/cooldown vary depending on the attack/element.

Assuming, Isaac has a different Djinn element for each special. :p

I know not many people here are fans of Non-ground-exclusive Isaac. But, I just thought it was worth a shot. ;D

-

Also... Luck based critical hit system, yay or nay? (Isaac let's out a howl).

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Wow you deserve a pronunciation medal honestly if you really think I was bashing Isaac you are clearly wrong I love GS, and if you don't have any constructive to address me for just don't quote me at all. So I don't have to waste my time coming back here.

If you think it is cool to mock a person for a spelling mistake then your priorities are really wrong and since I don't started anything with you that is really uncalled for
You know... The problem is that you are not alone, some persons with months or even years of participation in the SSB4 Character Discussion keep making the same mistake, multiple times. Some days i decide to point that, making fun of it. I dont do it with bad intentions at all. Prevents the same mistake in the future and in that way, i dont get angry for people learning weird names like Palutena, Ghirahim. While they are not able to write properly a really old name that is part of the human culture.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of a Djinn SET! system?

Let's cast status changes aside (as it was already taken by Shulk), Isaac's Psyenergy-based attacks would change depending on the Djinn you set.

So for example, his Smash Attacks, let's say they are by default:
-Ragnarok (Fsmash)
-Quake (Dsmash)
-Rockfall (Usmash)

But then he uses a Mercury Djinn, and it sets on him. His new smash attacks would be:
-Cutting Edge (Fsmash)
-Tundra (Dsmash)
-Prism (Usmash)

Just because I can, the rest of the smash attacks:

-JUPITER-
-Gale (Fsmash)
-Whirlwind (Dsmash)
-Plasma (Usmash)

-MARS-
-Fume (Fsmash)
-Eruption (Dsmash)
-Planet Diver (Usmash)

He'd basically change his Smash Attacks to equivalents of another element that look similar, but the knockback/direction/strength/and cast speed/cooldown vary depending on the attack/element.

Assuming, Isaac has a different Djinn element for each special. :p

I know not many people here are fans of Non-ground-exclusive Isaac. But, I just thought it was worth a shot. ;D

-

Also... Luck based critical hit system, yay or nay? (Isaac let's out a howl).
No, a lot of us really like the multi elemental system, there were even a LOT of really good ideas similar to this about 30 pages back relating to different elements of djinn and psyenergy :)

Specials staying the same and smashes changing is pretty interesting, if complicated. I'm not so sure about luck based crits, I think it'd seem really random and not make sense to most players :p

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Glad to see the thread is still active. Also people, don't worry about Shulk having that gimmick, because, even though Shulk as it, all it does is buff him, will Isaac's gimmick (probably with Djinn) would have his movepool change and like Sakurai said, changes that occur during the game have been removed, after all, that's why he made both Zelda and Sheik separated characters, as well as he made Charizard to be alone.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Glad to see the thread is still active. Also people, don't worry about Shulk having that gimmick, because, even though Shulk as it, all it does is buff him, will Isaac's gimmick (probably with Djinn) would have his movepool change and like Sakurai said, changes that occur during the game have been removed, after all, that's why he made both Zelda and Sheik separated characters, as well as he made Charizard to be alone.
I don't know why some people would worry about Isaac, Shulk, and Robin, since none of them play anything alike or have anything in common except for being Nintendo Male characters from Nintendo RPGs.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't understand why someone's support would change based on how likely they seem. It seems like your support is only going down just to save yourself from the disappointment.

I know as long as I'm a Smash Bros fan I'll always be supporting Isaac. (Golden Sun in general really) We'll win the war through attrition! :p

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
But I like mid-battle changes... :(

Oh well. Yeah, figures that if Ridley supporters can keep at it after the whole Boss Stages thing, then we have MORE reason to support Isaac since we haven't even seen a shadow of him as an AT. :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I really hope that "couldn't quite make it" actually means something other than "never could've made it". Base game or DLC, I have trouble believing Little Mac could be the only promoted assist trophy. And Smash Bros is such an obvious money vehicle for Nintendo that I have trouble imagining we won't see DLC for it. It'll print money, especially now that they call sell plastic figures for it too.
Well Little Mac "couldn't quite make it" in Brawl.

Need I say more?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Now, that would be awesome! Plus it would also be a good blow to those people who might go "Oh no! Not another swordsman"! Isaac throwing down his sword and fighting with powers alone! Awesome! He would still be amazing, and he needs no sword for his psynergy!

Right now, I want him confirmed with the other Psychics : :mewtwopm: & :ness2:. But that situation would also be really good. Mainly cause I wanna beat up Shulk as Isaac real badly.
Haha! I started Xenoblade Chronicles today and although it seems really good, I would still prefer Golden Sun due to its classical turn based roots. And don't worry, you are not alone. I really want to have an Isaac vs. Shulk match too :p And me controlling Isaac to win!

I want to know whether Little Mac is an exception or an example.
Let's say an example. Cause that will be good for all of our mental healths!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I want to know whether Little Mac is an exception or an example.
We don't have any way of knowing that.

I would imagine Sakurai didn't draw a line in the sand and say "Right, I'm never considering these assist trophies for playable status ever again". It sounds ridiculous just typing it out.

Also it's a bit silly to hold Sakurai to something he said years and years ago. His opinions and outlook have surely changed since then, that's most obvious when looking at Villager......an Animal Crossing rep.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't understand why someone's support would change based on how likely they seem. It seems like your support is only going down just to save yourself from the disappointment.

I know as long as I'm a Smash Bros fan I'll always be supporting Isaac. (Golden Sun in general really) We'll win the war through attrition! :p
That's the exact reason.I just hate being disappointed everyone does.I will still support isaac especially on this thread.I just starting to hope a little less

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
One potential positive for us as Isaac fans is that if dlc characters end up being a thing and Isaac (or any Golden Sun character) doesn't appear as an assist trophy. We'll KNOW something is up, whereas fans of characters who weren't assist trophies in Brawl won't really be able make a solid case for their character only being a regular trophy or not appearing at all.

Golden Sun has already achieved assist trophy status, so unless there was a very good reason (dlc) I'd be flabbergasted if it lost that status.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
How would you guys feel about a trailer that started out like this:
Taking place in a tall building, with what looks like a desert and some mountains in the background. Little Mac is getting beat up by Ganondorf, then an Assist Trophy stand appears next to Mac. He reaches and grabs it, but nobody comes out.

Ganondorf does his taunt laugh, while Little Mac's like... WTH???
Then when Ganon's about to Warlock Punch him, a boulder slams into the ground between them. And from the top of what NOW is recognizable as the Venus Lighthouse.... Camera sets on a flailing yellow scarf, before zooming out to reveal...
ISAAC! Crossing his arms looking down at his opponents. Then smiles and jumps down.
*Isaac Joins the party theme plays* [Isaac joins the party!]

Battle montage follows.

Mac and Isaac, promoted AT buddies.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Taking place in a tall building, with what looks like a desert and some mountains in the background. Little Mac is getting beat up by Ganondorf, then an Assist Trophy stand appears next to Mac. He reaches and grabs it, but nobody comes out.

Then when Ganon's about to Warlock Punch him, a boulder slams into the ground between them. And from the top of what NOW is recognizable as the Venus Lighthouse.... Camera sets on a flailing yellow scarf, before zooming out to reveal...
ISAAC! Crossing his arms looking down at his opponents. Then smiles and jumps down.

Battle montage follows.

I think I'd froth at the mouth a little

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
One potential positive for us as Isaac fans is that if dlc characters end up being a thing and Isaac (or any Golden Sun character) doesn't appear as an assist trophy. We'll KNOW something is up, whereas fans of characters who weren't assist trophies in Brawl won't really be able make a solid case for their character only being a regular trophy or not appearing at all.

Golden Sun has already achieved assist trophy status, so unless there was a very good reason (dlc) I'd be flabbergasted if it lost that status.
I dunno even about that. While Isaac was my most wanted char back when brawl was coming out, the golden sun series is a lot less relevant now than he was then. I wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted to just a standard trophy. Between the gs games losing stream, and shulk and Robin (and how their games have taken up the jrpg niche) I'm very pessimistic about Isaac now

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I dunno even about that. While Isaac was my most wanted char back when brawl was coming out, the golden sun series is a lot less relevant now than he was then. I wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted to just a standard trophy. Between the gs games losing stream, and shulk and Robin (and how their games have taken up the jrpg niche) I'm very pessimistic about Isaac now
No I really doubt that.

If Saki from Sin & Punishment can return as an assist trophy then Isaac certainly can too. Heck if Sable Prince can be an assist trophy then Isaac certainly can.

An Isaac assist trophy is the bottom rung of the ladder.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So is that a ladder with only 2 rungs
No.

The top rung is Isaac playable, with some other Golden Sun assist trophy.
The middle rung is a Golden Sun character other than Isaac being the assist (preferably Felix), without Isaac playable.
The bottom rung is Isaac as an assist trophy.

This in terms of Isaac potentially being dlc.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord

Battle montage follows.

Is that going to happen?

I KNOW, it's a classic question, and I'm well aware that nobody can actually give it an answer. But it just sounds so beautiful and epic... I just...

Also, here is what Isaac would look like in what would be a supposed Golden Sun 2.5;

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
I'm still completely confident that Isaac will be playable, if not at launch then DLC. I believe the comments on Shulk's release said that putting him in would be tricky but Sakurai listens to the fans and they made it happen. I feel like if he really is listening, then he'll add Isaac or Matthew. Again I could be wrong, but wasn't GSDD made because of fan demand? Also, the creators said that if there is a demand, they will make another. So they ARE watching and are seeing the interest. Whether it is enough for Isaac/Matthew to be in and/or put another game into development...we'll just have to see.

That being said, we should be prepared for no sign of GS material. Sakurai is putting in what he thinks is important, and it seems like he's finding that gentle balance between Retro (Megaman, Pacman, Little Mac, etc) and current (Xenoblade, Kid Icarus out the wahzoo, Fire Emblem). I feel like Golden Sun might just be too grey to fit in.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I'm actually of the mind right now that what Shulk coming first really means is that he can be there for Isaac's trailer and we can finally see the two blonde JRPG protags represent. Wouldn't that just be awesome?

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually of the mind right now that what Shulk coming first really means is that he can be there for Isaac's trailer and we can finally see the two blonde JRPG protags represent. Wouldn't that just be awesome?
Why yes, that would be awesome. Then Shulk and Isaac get to team up against two other characters... maybe Ganon and Mewtwo? :D
(or whichever two characters you'd like to see)

Top Bottom