• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

cybersai

Smash Ace
All fangasms aside, do you guys think that Isaac has a realistic chance? I ask, because Isaac keeps popping up a lot in discussion on other sites as well. I'd say if we get about 5 characters out of the ballot, his chances are really good!
Realistically I think Isaac has the third best chance after King K. Rool and Dixie, (and Wolf)

Isaac is certainly more realistic than expecting any third party character to get in, or C-tier characters like Daisy, Waluigi, Krystal or Bandana Dee. Or someone like Geno who I still don't get how he would ever make it in.

The thing is we might see a Splatoon character chosen over Isaac, especially if its a Miyamoto request.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Realistically I think Isaac has the third best chance after King K. Rool and Dixie, (and Wolf)

Isaac is certainly more realistic than expecting any third party character to get in, or C-tier characters like Daisy, Waluigi, Krystal or Bandana Dee. Or someone like Geno who I still don't get how he would ever make it in.

The thing is we might see a Splatoon character chosen over Isaac, especially if its a Miyamoto request.
I don't see Dixie AND Krool getting in. It'll be one or the other.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Me either.
But I also don't see K Rool and Isaac coming this time.
I doubt they would pick only the most regular and popular requests as usual. (which is kinda a good thing. we get cool characters like the Wii Fit Trainer ect.)

And if Wolf comes, I doubt we will see Krystal.
Also, I doubt they will NOT include a female.

Last edited:

ED Cantu

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking these forums for some time but with the announcement of DLC, the Ballot and increase of activity in this thread I decided to register and show my support for Isaac, so hi.

I already voted for him in different devices and my brother and some friends will help too, I really hope we can get him in the game this time because this is the best chance we will ever have, so yeah #IsaacforSmash and #rocktheVote.

By the way I found this great video supporting Isaac, if someone ask why to vote for Isaac or who he is this video could really help.

Edit: Seems like Spootondorf already posted about the video but he didn't embedded it.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Me either.
I doubt they would pick only the most regular and popular requests as usual. (which is kinda a good thing. we get cool characters like the Wii Fit Trainer ect.)

That would defeat the purpose of the poll to begin with.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Me either.

For a new game, oddballs work. For DLC, there needs to be enough drive behind the characters that people will want to buy them. Popularity will matter a lot.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I've been lurking these forums for some time but with the announcement of DLC, the Ballot and increase of activity in this thread I decided to register and show my support for Isaac, so hi.

I already voted for him in different devices and my brother and some friends will help too, I really hope we can get him in the game this time because this is the best chance we will ever have, so yeah #IsaacforSmash and #rocktheVote.

By the way I found this great video supporting Isaac, if someone ask why to vote for Isaac or who he is this video could really help.
You know, if for example your phone and other phone and laptop all use the same Wifi router.....the IP address will still be the same so essentially 3 votes from 1 person?

But welcome to smashboards!!!
For a new game, oddballs work. For DLC, there needs to be enough drive behind the characters that people will want to buy them. Popularity will netter a lot.
It certainly makes popularity a much much much larger factor now in deciding characters.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Its quite possible Dixie was already being worked on like Lucas/Wolf and placed to the side. King K. Rool would be the DLC character from the ballot, but Dixie would be a quick semi-clone like Lucas and Wolf.

Either way I would put Isaac right behind the DK characters and Wolf for the next most likely.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Its quite possible Dixie was already being worked on like Lucas/Wolf and placed to the side. King K. Rool would be the DLC character from the ballot, but Dixie would be a quick semi-clone like Lucas and Wolf.

Either way I would put Isaac right behind the DK characters and Wolf for the next most likely.
Except unlike the other in-progress characters, Dixie would need an entirely new move set, making her much less likely to be worked on already.

Unless she's a Diddu clone.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I think between june (lucas) and october (closing of ballot) Wolf will be released.
During 2016, 3 characters among the most requested char from the ballot will become dlc (mid march, late june and late october/mid november, I guess).
Or also, during 2016, we could see these 3 characters more 1 veteran. This could seem an utopistic hope, but i believe it's largely possible

Moreover I think they could pick the most requested nintendo char in the west, the most requested nintendo char in japan, and the most requested among the remaining char from both the sides (possibly a third party char)

Last edited:

ED Cantu

Smash Rookie
You know, if for example your phone and other phone and laptop all use the same Wifi router.....the IP address will still be the same so essentially 3 votes from 1 person?

But welcome to smashboards!!!
I thought it was okay to use the same wifi as long as they were different devices since the public ip is different, if not that's a bit unfair for people that live together (like my brother and I) or different people that connect to the same wifi in a building, anyway I voted on different connections as well so no big problem there.

And thanks for the welcome!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh, I would be sooooo mad. >.<

They can go wait their turn in line.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Does that mean we can synch our phones to any Wifi spot we can find and vote with different IP address?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't care what character joins smash in the end as long as they are fun to use, and for 3rd parties, they have games releasing on Nintendo.

Of course, I would prefer some of my characters I'm rooting for first. :-P. For the Smash Ballot specifically, I'm supporting 4.
Does that mean we can synch our phones to any Wifi spot we can find and vote with different IP address?
Pretty much.
You can go to cafe's ect where it's free.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That would defeat the purpose of the poll to begin with.
Yeah.

In fact it's more important than ever that they include popular picks because these characters have to be sold on their own. They have to encourage people to spend $4.99 (or at least $3.99) on them. At least when Smash 5 comes along Sakurai can throw in whatever crazy character he wants and the game will still sell like hotcakes.

By the time Smash 5 actually comes around there will be new "big players" anyway. If the Inklings don't get in this time they're very likely going to be top picks for the next Smash.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Can someone help me argue why Isaac is deserving of being a playable character in Smash as in stuff he'll use as moves or things that'll make him unique. Some guy on Youtube apparently thinks the idea of Slippy Toad and Waluigi is more appealing. He thinks he'd just be like Robin.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, I would be sooooo mad. >.<

They can go wait their turn in line.
When did I say that? That quote leads back to another post.

The only reason I'd anticipate getting Inking over Isaac is if she's added for promotional reasons, which would sort of be separate from the poll. Though I expect the Inklings will get a sizable influx of votes around Splatoon's release.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Can someone help me argue why Isaac is deserving of being a playable character in Smash as in stuff he'll use as moves or things that'll make him unique. Some guy on Youtube apparently thinks the idea of Slippy Toad and Waluigi is more appealing. He thinks he'd just be like Robin.
Could always show off his SSF2 moveset just as an example of how he can differ. And there's also a video somewhere showing all the Psynergy he can use in his games.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
When did I say that? That quote leads back to another post.

The only reason I'd anticipate getting Inking over Isaac is if she's added for promotional reasons, which would sort of be separate from the poll. Though I expect the Inklings will get a sizable influx of votes around Splatoon's release.
OMG. Wow. You didn't. xD The original post was by member cybersai.

Sorry, I don't know exactly what happened there... I think I had quoted you and decided not to respond and it saved it as a draft, and when I quoted this new post I deleted all but the beginning of the quote, and the beginning of the quote ended up being the beginning of the post of yours from the draft I decided not to post? lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
OMG. Wow. You didn't. xD The original post was by member cybersai.

Sorry, I don't know exactly what happened there... I think I had quoted you and decided not to respond and it saved it as a draft, and when I quoted this new post I deleted all but the beginning of the quote, and the beginning of the quote ended up being the beginning of the post of yours from the draft I decided not to post? lol
:psycho:

No worries!

I'm just appreciating the irony of writing Isaac off as too similar to an existing character as far as implementation goes yet advocating for Slippy. xD

But yeah, the videos are a good place to start, and you can always tell him Isaac is an earth-oriented character, which is an element Robin doesn't touch at all, and doesn't exist in general on the roster. I'd tell him to trust people who have actually played Golden Sun over those who will sum up a character without even bothering to look into them.

Then again, I wouldn't be arguing with some random on youtube in the first place. :laugh:

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
:psycho:

No worries!

I'm just appreciating the irony of writing Isaac off as too similar to an existing character as far as implementation goes yet advocating for Slippy. xD

But yeah, the videos are a good place to start, and you can always tell him Isaac is an earth-oriented character, which is an element Robin doesn't touch at all, and doesn't exist in general on the roster. I'd tell him to trust people who have actually played Golden Sun over those who will sum up a character without even bothering to look into them.

Then again, I wouldn't be arguing with some random on youtube in the first place. :laugh:
I did tell him that Isaac is an earth oriented character but he didn't seem to get that at first. He didn't really advocate for Slippy he just kinda said that he's more deserving/unique which I find stupid since I literally can't think of anything that Slippy can do besides sort of fly an Arwing. Well I wasn't arguing with him. He said that there should be no more Pokemon and Mario characters in smash and I said that Pokemon and Mario has tons of characters because they are the best selling and most important franchises Nintendo has. Then it went into other characters deserving spots, and finally landed on the topic of Isaac.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Could always show off his SSF2 moveset just as an example of how he can differ. And there's also a video somewhere showing all the Psynergy he can use in his games.
His SSF2 moveset is terrible, though. About as terrible as it could possibly be.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Do people not realize that characters who already serve a purpose in the game as assist trophies or stage bosses CANT be made playable?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

Hey everyone, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!
This is awesome lol but I'm not really sure about Krystal... Like I think one Star Fox DLC character is enough and it should go to Wolf lol. Isaac and Shulk look awesome sitting next to each other but if those characters are in order of release, realistically Isaac should be sitting (I think) between Captain Falcon and Villager. Maybe like Bandana Dee or something would be a really cool fit there!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This may just be my own biases speaking but

I do genuinely think that K. Rool, high in demand as he might be, isn't a character who would make it into the game. Let me explain:

Whereas Isaac would have a plethora of unique earth magic from plant life to stones to straight up energy attacks-- And then 3 other elements of Alchemy to draw from if they wanted to...

K. Rool just has things that other characters have already. He has cannonballs like Bowser Jr., He's big and fat like Bowser and D3, he has boxing gloves like Mac, Junior, or Killager, His tilts and normals would probably all be big meaty punches, again just like Bowser... Bombs like Link, Maybe a cutlass? Lots of characters have swords...

He's not really very unique. His tricks are all done already on other characters and better. In my opinion, K. Rool would be redundant. Just one more big Heavy slow character.

Inklings, although I don't think they'll make it into Smash 4, and may have to wait till next time for a spot, already have a myriad of other interesting tools and moves that would set them far apart from other Smash Brothers and Sisters.

My point, I guess, is that I think if it really came down to

A: A unique character beloved by his devoted fanbase

or

B: A character who's a mishmash of other mechanics we've all already seen

Sakurai would want to craft the more fun and interesting experience.

This is not to say that I know K. Rool would be that. Sakurai is a genius and has a real gift for making something we all thought would be stock and boring and turning into something interesting and unique. I just think that based on K. Rool's previous appearances in the DKC games, there's not much he's done that hasn't already been covered.
First of all, even if a character aggregates existing attacks together, that still results in a character whose combination hasn't yet existed, making them original. And it's not like even if similar moves existed previously they'd function exactly the same. Sure, Bowser Jr. has cannonballs, but if K. Rool's travel a shorter distance, do more damage, and can roll around and drop off things, it'd be something new, it'd be closer to the cannonball mixed with the Villager's bowling ball. Maybe he could shoot spiked cannonballs which can be used like Uniras. Link already has a boomerang, but maybe K. Rool's crown toss could trap opponents for multiple hits. From his 64 appearance you have those lunges which create traveling shockwaves, no other character really has anything like that. He also has homing boxing gloves iirc.

So there are definitely ways you can implement him which would be unique. There might be a few attacks which overlap with existing ones in theme, but if they differ in practice there's only minor equivalence. And it's not like big heavy slow characters make up a large chunk of the roster as it is, we didn't even get a new one this time.

If you're going to hold up any character next to Isaac in terms of uniqueness they're not going to be able to compare, but there are a lot of characters worse off than K. Rool when it comes to potential.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace

Hey everyone, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!
Did you redesigned the dimensions of the squares? Because I remember there is enough space only for 2 more squares in the wii u css (and a black column of blank spaces large as 1/4 of square in both sides)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Wouldn't you mind to link the video? Now you got me curious and I would indeed like to see what DLC characters he suggests.

Shin F.

Smash Master
His SSF2 moveset is terrible, though. About as terrible as it could possibly be.
It's unique, though. Regardless of how good / bad you think it is, it's worth showing if it can convince someone he's not just going to be Robin 2.0. The more support he gets, the better, no matter how he gets it.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
All fangasms aside, do you guys think that Isaac has a realistic chance? I ask, because Isaac keeps popping up a lot in discussion on other sites as well. I'd say if we get about 5 characters out of the ballot, his chances are really good!
I don't think the odds are in his favor, especially without any new game on the horizon. That said, his conspicuous absence from SSB4 plus the new Dark Dawn music added in does make me wonder if Sakurai had a grander plan for the series.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the odds are in his favor, especially without any new game on the horizon. That said, his conspicuous absence from SSB4 plus the new Dark Dawn music added in does make me wonder if Sakurai had a grander plan for the series.
I'm certain Isaac was planned as a DLC character all along.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That seemingly doesn't take popularity into account at all though, which is now probably the most important factor for DLC.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Ok, it's time to put this Isaac = Robin idea in the ground.

I'm going to start this description by saying that no other fighter on the roster currently focuses on the earth element. Which is something Isaac specializes in manipulating. (Officially known as "Venus Psynergy")

I'm going to detail almost everything Isaac is capable of, in one post. If anyone feels like I've missed anything important please feel free to point it out. I'm going to add pictures as well just to make everything clear.

Isaac can:

* Create earthquakes (or "Quakes"). Quake Sphere is the strongest version of this attack. Three columns appear under the enemies and they are thrown up and down by the quake.

* Make vines and plants grow (using a psynergy called "Growth") He also has a stronger version called "Wild Growth". Think "male poison ivy".

* Can cause a barrage of rocks to fall on the enemy. (The strongest version of this is called "Avalanche")

* Somewhat similarly to Growth, Isaac can cause thorns to grow up from the ground. The strongest version of this is called "Nettle".

* Create earth spires to launch at the enemy. "Stone Spire" is the most lethal version of this attack.

* Can "attack with the earths might" using a move called "Gaia". The strongest version of this move is called "Grand Gaia".

* Isaac can "attack with a bamboo weapon. From the image it appears that he can summon bamboo shoots out of the ground. This move is called "Punji". The strongest variant of this is called "Punji Strike". I think this is an interesting option that doesn't get mentioned very often.

* Isaac can summon demons (yes, you heard that!) using the move "Demon Night". There is a stronger variant of this called "Thorny Grave". Generally I wouldn't think this would suit Isaac in smash but on the other hand it might be kinda cool to have a curveball like this being part of his moveset.

* Isaac can "crush a foes skull" (yep, he's hardcore) by using one of the "Splitter" attacks. "Helm Splitter" or "Skull Splitter". The latter being the stronger of the two.

* Isaac can use his psynergy to summon a sword. Ragnarok is the one people are most familiar with but there's a stronger variant called "Odyssey". A vote for Isaac is a vote not just for one sword but also a giant freaking spectral sword. It's two for the price of one.

* Isaac can summon a giant psynergy hand (These next few abilities are known as "Utility Psynergy") which he can use in various ways. "Catch" is among the most well known and he uses it to grab various objects in the overworld. It doesn't take much imagination to know where this could factor into his Smash moveset.

* Isaac can use the psynergy "Move" in order to push various objects. This was the ability he used in his Brawl appearance as an assist.

* Isaac can summon two giant psynergy hands in order to lift and carry light objects. This is significant for a few reasons. It shows that Isaac is not just limited to summoning one of these hands at a time like he does in his appearance in Brawl as an assist trophy. We could also assume that Isaac could potentially use these hands to lift him up short distances or throw enemies off the stage.

* Isaac can use the "Scoop" psynergy to dig in soft ground. He could potentially use it as a sand attack in Smash Bros. Although I don't think it's one of his more interesting abilities.

* Isaac can use the "Pound" psynergy to summon a giant hand to pound an object into the ground. Think about how satisfying it would be to be able to summon a giant fist in Smash Bros to slam down on your opponents head.

* Really Isaac's hand based psynergy has a lot of potential. On one hand there's what we know he can do with them in the games, but on the other hand there's what we know hands can do in general. He could use them to slap, punch, poke, give the finger or do any manner of fun stuff if Sakurai was feeling extra creative. For example he could summon a giant hand to give a thumbs up as part of a taunt or victory screen. How about if he loses a battle he summons two giant hands to clap for him?

* Isaac can use the "Halt" psynergy to cause moving objects to stop moving instantly. This could be a paralyzing attack although this wouldn't be something unique to Isaac. It is an option however.

* Isaac can also "Hover" short distances and "Teleport", although these aren't particularly unique to Isaac. However he is capable of doing it.

* Isaac can use Djinn to attack (each have a different effect in battle) or when set change his class and allow him to use powerful Summons. There are four kinds of Djinn based off the four psynergy types. Clockwise in the above picture: Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Mercury. Look at those cute faces.

* If Isaac is wielding the Sol Blade there is a chance that using his default attack will cause a weapon unleash called "Meggido" to occur. It's pretty much slamming a giant flaming meteor into your opponents face. Take that Mario! This could be an option for his Final Smash or they could create a more toned down version as part of his regular moveset.

* Isaac can, as mentioned above summon powerful summons. This would likely be where Isaac would get his Final Smash. "Judgement" in the above picture is the most well known summon and would be a prime candidate for Isaac's Final Smash. "Judgement" flies high up into the sky and shoots a beam of energy out of a Lion head cannon (Hello? Can I get an "Awesome!"?) towards the ground which then explodes into a ball of energy wiping out everything in it's path.

====Beyond this point is where I think the attacks become less appropriate for Isaac's moveset in Smash====

* If Isaac has the tamer class he can actually summon various animals and monsters to help him fight. He can summon a Wild Wolf, an Orc, a Dinox (it's like a dinosaur), a :troll:, an Emu, a Harpy, a Gryphon, a Minotaur, a Roc, a Grand Golem, a Living Armor and a Ghost Soldier. Personally I don't feel this move would be significant enough to add to his moveset, but he can certainly do it. I feel like something like this would eat too much into the earth side of his moveset. There's enough here for an entire moveset in and of itself!

* I'm not too sure about this one but if Isaac has the "Pierrot" class in The Lose Age he gains a deck of cards that he can use to attack. Can somebody else clarify on this? However most of the attacks used through the deck are Fire and Wind based. So it wouldn't really be appropriate for Isaac. There are some Earth aligned moves such as "Sabre Dance" though, which is an attack of multiple dancing blades. Even MORE swords!

* Isaac can use an attack called "Annihilation" although it is a one hit KO move and would not really be appropriate. However Isaac CAN do it. It would probably make Isaac a great counter to Diddy Kong though. (and everyone else in the game)

* Isaac is capable of healing himself. It probably won't end up being part of his Smash moveset, but he can still do it if necessary. "Cure" is the weakest up to "Potent Cure" which is the strongest. He can also "Revive" allies, which isn't appropriate for Smash so I'm just slipping it in here.

* Isaac can also call upon the undead using a group of psynergy called....."Call" (so I suppose you could say with the right class he can be a necromancer) He can call a Zombie, a Demon and the Dullahan. Again I'm not sure if these attacks would really suit Isaac, but he can do it.

* He can also use Mars (Fire), Jupiter (Wind) and Mercury (Water) psynergy too but that's not what really makes him unique. (although there are definitely some really cool unique moves among the other elements.

* Lastly this is something only Felix is capable of but if Sakurai felt like pulling a Ness with Isaac he could give Isaac the ability to use "Sand". It's an earth psynergy that allowed Felix to turn into sand and use it to navigate the overworld. We could have a Smash fighter capable of actually turning into sand and moving around the stage. Think about that for a second.

This is why I groan every time Isaac gets labeled as just another sword user. It's just the flat out ignorance of people who take things at face value. Isaac has so many interesting options for a moveset that it would be pure laziness if he ended up being similar to anyone on the roster.

I feel confident saying that anybody who says Isaac would play similarly to Robin don't know what they're talking about. Frankly I think it's a bad idea for Isaac fans to even entertain the notion.

(It should be pointed out that some images don't show Isaac using the attack, but that's only because multiple party members can cast the same moves.)

By the way I'm never typing up anything this long EVER again.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I'm going to start this description by saying that no other fighter on the roster currently focuses on the earth element. Which is something Isaac specializes in manipulating. (Officially known as "Venus Psynergy")

I'm going to detail almost everything Isaac is capable of, in one post. If anyone feels like I've missed anything important please feel free to point it out. I'm going to add pictures as well just to make everything clear.

Isaac can:

* Create earthquakes (or "Quakes"). Quake Sphere is the strongest version of this attack. Three columns appear under the enemies and they are thrown up and down by the quake.

* Make vines and plants grow (using a psynergy called "Growth") He also has a stronger version called "Wild Growth". Think "male poison ivy".

* Can cause a barrage of rocks to fall on the enemy. (The strongest version of this is called "Avalanche")

* Somewhat similarly to Growth, Isaac can cause thorns to grow up from the ground. The strongest version of this is called "Nettle".

* Create earth spires to launch at the enemy. "Stone Spire" is the most lethal version of this attack.

* Can "attack with the earths might" using a move called "Gaia". The strongest version of this move is called "Grand Gaia".

* Isaac can "attack with a bamboo weapon. From the image it appears that he can summon bamboo shoots out of the ground. This move is called "Punji". The strongest variant of this is called "Punji Strike". I think this is an interesting option that doesn't get mentioned very often.

* Isaac can summon demons (yes, you heard that!) using the move "Demon Night". There is a stronger variant of this called "Thorny Grave". Generally I wouldn't think this would suit Isaac in smash but on the other hand it might be kinda cool to have a curveball like this being part of his moveset.

* Isaac can "crush a foes skull" (yep, he's hardcore) by using one of the "Splitter" attacks. "Helm Splitter" or "Skull Splitter". The latter being the stronger of the two.

* Isaac can use his psynergy to summon a sword. Ragnarok is the one people are most familiar with but there's a stronger variant called "Odyssey". A vote for Isaac is a vote not just for one sword but also a giant freaking spectral sword. It's two for the price of one.

* Isaac can summon a giant psynergy hand (These next few abilities are known as "Utility Psynergy") which he can use in various ways. "Catch" is among the most well known and he uses it to grab various objects in the overworld. It doesn't take much imagination to know where this could factor into his Smash moveset.

* Isaac can use the psynergy "Move" in order to push various objects. This was the ability he used in his Brawl appearance as an assist.

* Isaac can summon two giant psynergy hands in order to lift and carry light objects. This is significant for a few reasons. It shows that Isaac is not just limited to summoning one of these hands at a time like he does in his appearance in Brawl as an assist trophy. We could also assume that Isaac could potentially use these hands to lift him up short distances or throw enemies off the stage.

* Isaac can use the "Scoop" psynergy to dig in soft ground. He could potentially use it as a sand attack in Smash Bros. Although I don't think it's one of his more interesting abilities.

* Isaac can use the "Pound" psynergy to summon a giant hand to pound an object into the ground. Think about how satisfying it would be to be able to summon a giant fist in Smash Bros to slam down on your opponents head.

* Really Isaac's hand based psynergy has a lot of potential. On one hand there's what we know he can do with them in the games, but on the other hand there's what we know hands can do in general. He could use them to slap, punch, poke, give the finger or do any manner of fun stuff if Sakurai was feeling extra creative. For example he could summon a giant hand to give a thumbs up as part of a taunt or victory screen. How about if he loses a battle he summons two giant hands to clap for him?

* Isaac can use the "Halt" psynergy to cause moving objects to stop moving instantly. This could be a paralyzing attack although this wouldn't be something unique to Isaac. It is an option however.

* Isaac can also "Hover" short distances and "Teleport", although these aren't particularly unique to Isaac. However he is capable of doing it.

* Isaac can use Djinn to attack (each have a different effect in battle) or when set change his class and allow him to use powerful Summons. There are four kinds of Djinn based off the four psynergy types. Clockwise in the above picture: Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Mercury. Look at those cute faces.

* If Isaac is wielding the Sol Blade there is a chance that using his default attack will cause a weapon unleash called "Meggido" to occur. It's pretty much slamming a giant flaming meteor into your opponents face. Take that Mario! This could be an option for his Final Smash or they could create a more toned down version as part of his regular moveset.

* Isaac can, as mentioned above summon powerful summons. This would likely be where Isaac would get his Final Smash. "Judgement" in the above picture is the most well known summon and would be a prime candidate for Isaac's Final Smash. "Judgement" flies high up into the sky and shoots a beam of energy out of a Lion head cannon (Hello? Can I get an "Awesome!"?) towards the ground which then explodes into a ball of energy wiping out everything in it's path.

====Beyond this point is where I think the attacks become less appropriate for Isaac's moveset in Smash====

* If Isaac has the tamer class he can actually summon various animals and monsters to help him fight. He can summon a Wild Wolf, an Orc, a Dinox (it's like a dinosaur), a :troll:, an Emu, a Harpy, a Gryphon, a Minotaur, a Roc, a Grand Golem, a Living Armor and a Ghost Soldier. Personally I don't feel this move would be significant enough to add to his moveset, but he can certainly do it. I feel like something like this would eat too much into the earth side of his moveset. There's enough here for an entire moveset in and of itself!

* I'm not too sure about this one but if Isaac has the "Pierrot" class in The Lose Age he gains a deck of cards that he can use to attack. Can somebody else clarify on this? However most of the attacks used through the deck are Fire and Wind based. So it wouldn't really be appropriate for Isaac. There are some Earth aligned moves such as "Sabre Dance" though, which is an attack of multiple dancing blades. Even MORE swords!

* Isaac can use an attack called "Annihilation" although it is a one hit KO move and would not really be appropriate. However Isaac CAN do it. It would probably make Isaac a great counter to Diddy Kong though. (and everyone else in the game)

* Isaac is capable of healing himself. It probably won't end up being part of his Smash moveset, but he can still do it if necessary. "Cure" is the weakest up to "Potent Cure" which is the strongest. He can also "Revive" allies, which isn't appropriate for Smash so I'm just slipping it in here.

* Isaac can also call upon the undead using a group of psynergy called....."Call" (so I suppose you could say with the right class he can be a necromancer) He can call a Zombie, a Demon and the Dullahan. Again I'm not sure if these attacks would really suit Isaac, but he can do it.

* He can also use Mars (Fire), Jupiter (Wind) and Mercury (Water) psynergy too but that's not what really makes him unique. (although there are definitely some really cool unique moves among the other elements.

* Lastly this is something only Felix is capable of but if Sakurai felt like pulling a Ness with Isaac he could give Isaac the ability to use "Sand". It's an earth psynergy that allowed Felix to turn into sand and use it to navigate the overworld. We could have a Smash fighter capable of actually turning into sand and moving around the stage. Think about that for a second.

This is why I groan every time Isaac gets labeled as just another sword user. It's just the flat out ignorance of people who take things at face value. Isaac has so many interesting options for a moveset that it would be pure laziness if he ended up being similar to anyone on the roster.

I feel confident saying that anybody who says Isaac would play similarly to Robin don't know what they're talking about. Frankly I think it's a bad idea for Isaac fans to even entertain the notion.

(It should be pointed out that some images don't show Isaac using the attack, but that's only because multiple party members can cast the same moves.)

This is why I suggest we have our Support Pictures of Isaac without a sword. That way, people who are unfamiliar with him will not think of him as a Sword user.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Isaac can:

So we can just link people to this next time someone questions Isaac's potential or originality, right?

Great write-up, I've added it to the OP!

This is why I suggest we have our Support Pictures of Isaac without a sword. That way, people are unfamiliar with him will not think of him as a Sword user.
The support pictures of Isaac don't feature his sword as it is. At least the ones I made.

Top Bottom