• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Now that there's mention of the Sol Blade....that could mean another possible FS to compete between Judgement and Odyssey, which is Megiddo, which is also a cool unleash, throwing a sun shining energy spear at the battlefield for demolish the opponents (even more if Isaac screams "Lets out a howl! Megiddo!!!").

At this point i am happy if any of those three is the FS, Judgement, Odyssey and Megiddo, :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about we combine them all into one giant Final Smash of Over Poweredness? First, Isaac get's assist from Ivan, who casts Impact on him several times, then Isaac unleases Granite to hold an enemy and Flint, Sap and Bane in three attacks in a row resulting in the enemy getting stuck in the ground. Afterwards, Isaac summons Judgement, which boosts his Venus Psynergy, then all Djinn recover instantly, resulting Isaac casting Odyssey and finishing with Megido.

999% damage to everyone and everything.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
If we go that route, we might as well have Felix assist Isaac in his Final Smash just like Chrom appears in Robin's.
Felix casting Odyssey to stun the enemies with Isaac finishing them off with Megiddo.

Do you guys think Isaac would bring a few trophies with him? Would we get glorious 3d rendered models of Alex, Felix and possibly even some of the party members as trophies?
I'd really enjoy trying to unlock those, even if I'm usually not too keen on finding trophies in Smash games otherwise.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we go that route, we might as well have Felix assist Isaac in his Final Smash just like Chrom appears in Robin's.
Felix casting Odyssey to stun the enemies with Isaac finishing them off with Megiddo.

Do you guys think Isaac would bring a few trophies with him? Would we get glorious 3d rendered models of Alex, Felix and possibly even some of the party members as trophies?
I'd really enjoy trying to unlock those, even if I'm usually not too keen on finding trophies in Smash games otherwise.
I think we'll get trophies in patches. And yes, I definitely think we'll get other GS trophies if Isaac is added.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe we could, but it might just be Isaac himself and a Djinn for trophies. It could be similar to Mothers's situation, where there's very few partners represented in Smash as trophies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think that if Isaac gets a real cinematic Final Smash that it would involve both the Djinn and the Summon.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I never played Dark Dawn...

My DS broke just before it got released, and then I heard the negative reception and I was like...

(GIF file)
I've played all three Golden Sun games, and Dark Dawn wasn't bad at all--it just did not live up to its predecessors. From what I saw of reviews, many newcomers to the series thoroughly enjoyed Dark Dawn, but fans of the GBA games were vastly disappointed (mineself included).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think that if Isaac gets a real cinematic Final Smash that it would involve both the Djinn and the Summon.
It is probably expecting too much, but I would love to see Isaac's Final Smash be a different Summon depending on the number of Djinn you have used up until that point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, it seems the battle is between those two (image not mine btw). But honestly, he is like the final secret boss of GS 4, :p

They both need to get in before anyone else though.

Trufax

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, it seems the battle is between those two (image not mine btw). But honestly, he is like the final secret boss of GS 4, :p

Looks like they heard the voices of the other DLC candidates in the tunnels up ahead and are looking at each other in horror, knowing they will be hot on their trail unless they pick up the pace.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
It actually feels a bit unreal. K. Rool was always that one character I was sure of being added at some point during development with all the support he's been getting over the years.
Isaac on the other hand is a special case. I connect a considerable part of my childhood with him and the Golden Sun games.
I've played the first two games time and time again and I never really get tired of them.
But actually supporting Isaac during Sm4sh's development was hard. Not hard because I didn't believe in it happening, that wasn't it at all - it was kinda tedious to see all the leaks and polls about who has the biggest chances of making it into the game and whatnot that were lacking our Golden Boy.
At some point I felt like that one kid in elementary school who loved this one superhero that wasn't recognized by all the other mean kids.

But look where we are now. Isaac doesn't struggle to make it onto the popularity lists anymore. Not only that, he actually competes for a top three spot with K. Rool and other various characters that have an amazingly huge follower base.

It's great.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

This will definitely one battle to cherish on Final Destination for sure.

So here's a question that may have been posed before, but what was it that got you first playing Golden Sun? For me, it was Isaac's appearance in Brawl and Dark Dawn at E3 that made me an Adept.

Supersmash77

Smash Cadet
How about we combine them all into one giant Final Smash of Over Poweredness? First, Isaac get's assist from Ivan, who casts Impact on him several times, then Isaac unleases Granite to hold an enemy and Flint, Sap and Bane in three attacks in a row resulting in the enemy getting stuck in the ground. Afterwards, Isaac summons Judgement, which boosts his Venus Psynergy, then all Djinn recover instantly, resulting Isaac casting Odyssey and finishing with Megido.

That sounds kind of underpowered but why not

This needs to be a real fight

Altais

Smash Champion
So here's a question that may have been posed before, but what was it that got you first playing Golden Sun? For me, it was Isaac's appearance in Brawl and Dark Dawn at E3 that made me an Adept.
I was very young when I first played Golden Sun, so I'm a long-time veteran. A childhood friend got me into it. It was the first RPG I ever played, and since then it has been mine favourite genre. I've been wanting Isaac in Smash since the pre-Melee days, but since Golden Sun came out at roughly the same time as Melee, I knew he had no shot. Much to mine embarrassment, I did mistake Roy for Isaac at first glance, when I was watching some people in a shop play the game.

The graphical design is so similar, they almost look like they're from the same game.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
I got in to Golden Sun back when I was about 7 or 8. So one day when my family and Iwere at Wal-Mart I asked my mom and dad if I could get a game, they said yeah and I chose Golden Sun. I can't remember why I chose Golden Sun, probably the awesome box art, but I am soooo glad that I chose Golden Sun, it is easily in my top 5 favorite games ever and is probably my favorite rpg. So that's how I got into Golden Sun :pimp:

Calane

Smash Ace
I just read a few comments, and I thought I'd just say this. I don't get it when people say the original Golden Sun was harder than Dark Dawn. I played DD first, then the original, but what I found was that they weren't much harder than each other at all. The difficulty (for me) was about the same. In fact, If I had to choose, I'd say the original was a little bit easier than Dark Dawn. I don't remember using any summons at all, and I killed every boss by spamming Ragnarok. Yes, even the last one. I remember the last boss in Dark Dawn giving me a pretty hard time the first time I played it. But after re-playing it, I beat that guy without much effort. Lol, I don't even know where I'm going with this. I guess I mean to say that DD isn't much easier than the original GS, and if it is, I didn't notice at all. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I just read a few comments, and I thought I'd just say this. I don't get it when people say the original Golden Sun was harder than Dark Dawn. I played DD first, then the original, but what I found was that they weren't much harder than each other at all. The difficulty (for me) was about the same. In fact, If I had to choose, I'd say the original was a little bit easier than Dark Dawn. I don't remember using any summons at all, and I killed every boss by spamming Ragnarok. Yes, even the last one. I remember the last boss in Dark Dawn giving me a pretty hard time the first time I played it. But after re-playing it, I beat that guy without much effort. Lol, I don't even know where I'm going with this. I guess I mean to say that DD isn't much easier than the original GS, and if it is, I didn't notice at all. Well, that's my opinion anyway.
It was the final bosses move "Soul Destroyer" I believe it was called, that was killing me everytime.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I played through Golden Sun 1 in my computer keyboarding class. I downloaded a GBA emulator and played it on the computer instead of doing my work. I never played TLA, but I got Dark Dawn when it came out and loved it to bits, even if I was a little confused.

To this day I've never played TLA ;__;

Altais

Smash Champion
In mine opinion, the hardest boss in the entire Golden Sun series is Dullahan in Golden Sun: The Lost Age. What usually gets me is the bloody Djinn Storm attack, which forces ALL of your Djinn into recovery mode. Dullahan appears in Dark Dawn as well, but he's not nearly as hard in Dark Dawn as he is in The Lost Age.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

This is too good.

Maybe we could, but it might just be Isaac himself and a Djinn for trophies. It could be similar to Mothers's situation, where there's very few partners represented in Smash as trophies.
Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree. I only see getting trophies of characters they're going to model for other reasons anyway.

K. Rool and Isaac revealed at the same time would probably make every Smash related forum or site crash for a few minutes. Man, what a great thought.
Well it's not exactly hard to make ol Crashboards go down. :laugh:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Hey everyone, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!

Supersmash77

Smash Cadet

Hey everyone, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!
This looks really good now let's just hope this becomes a reality lol

Last edited:

heylodom

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I made another Isaac/Golden Sun video talking about what stage DLC I'd like to see based off of Golden Sun Locations. Feel free to check it out! #IsaacForSmash #Ragnarokthevote

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh my head... that was 12 pages I had to read to get here.... I get sick for one day and this is what happens. Still feels nice though ;), this thread never had this much activity before (except one time we teamed up with the Shulk thread before Shulk's reveals).

Our Golden Boy is definitely rising up with the Golden Sun.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if this is the start of their reveal trailer although the background is Venus Lighthouse. Isaac is fighting K. Rool GS style for 2-3 seconds and then the trailer shifts to CGI style atop Venus Lighthouse. Throw in Mewtwo (or some other character you want CGI-fied) with K. Rool (Isaac's too OP to be fought alone :p) and if Isaac gets a clone character (preferably Felix), him on Isaac's side. And the epic battle begins *cue music*.

DK and GS fans satisfied along with Smashboards retaining their title of Crashboards.

You forgot Iris. He recovers all damage as well and gets an auto-revive. :troll:

@ EmeraldDragonair EmeraldDragonair
Thanks for the multi-regional signature. Although the Australian link's spelling is off.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

I love this!!! I am in this Ballot for King K mostly, but the absolute next character would have to be Isaac. I REALLY hope these 2 get in! :)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
By the way, if someone wants to post a Miiverse drawing to encourage voting for #IsaacForSmash, should it be on the Smash group? Or some other social-ish place. Or just a comment on the announcement of DLC for Smash?

Just wondering cause I didn't see many Vote for _____ pics when I browsed Miiverse. Or maybe I just checked the wrong spots.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DKC x Golden Sun would be the best thing ever possible...!

Top Bottom