• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Hover and Reveal are definitely Jupiter psyenergies, but otherwise you might have a point. I think every psyenergetic ability is primarily connected to one or two elements, but your opinion is just as valid until we get another game that will say one way or the other :p
I'm not completely sure about Hover. You can't manipulate the winds to hover, you're required to use this strange purple dot to do it. If anything I'd consider it more of a magnetic type of psynergy since it doesn't last very long. The thing about psynergy is I don't think it's a matter of what kind of adept you are, more so where you live and what kind of psynergies are passed down. Like with the Goroh tribe they passed down reveal amongst their own tribe and only passed it down to Sheba because the Air Rock was near by. I don't know, I can't exactly explain this one without really thinking about it.

There's also psynergies like Halt (time psynergy?) Force/Pound/Move/Carry/Lift/Scoop (chi?), Teleport (molecular psynergy?), I mean really any psynergy that is obtained by equipping some sort of gem is IMO very questionable. The only exception to the above psynergies would be douse/frost, which also have stones (that may have been created by ancestors of the Mercury tribe).
There's also the psynergies obtained from the Trainer's whip, Mysterious Card and the Tomegathericon that could be a collection of psynergies (including non-elemental ones) created by users who were adept at all multiple styles of psynergy, which we know is possible via the manipulation of djinn.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I really wouldn't mind if Isaac didn't have any costumes. All I need is a Felix-themed recolor.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I'm not completely sure about Hover. You can't manipulate the winds to hover, you're required to use this strange purple dot to do it. If anything I'd consider it more of a magnetic type of psynergy since it doesn't last very long. The thing about psynergy is I don't think it's a matter of what kind of adept you are, more so where you live and what kind of psynergies are passed down. Like with the Goroh tribe they passed down reveal amongst their own tribe and only passed it down to Sheba because the Air Rock was near by. I don't know, I can't exactly explain this one without really thinking about it.

There's also psynergies like Halt (time psynergy?) Force/Pound/Move/Carry/Lift/Scoop (chi?), Teleport (molecular psynergy?), I mean really any psynergy that is obtained by equipping some sort of gem is IMO very questionable. The only exception to the above psynergies would be douse/frost, which also have stones (that may have been created by ancestors of the Mercury tribe).
There's also the psynergies obtained from the Trainer's whip, Mysterious Card and the Tomegathericon that could be a collection of psynergies (including non-elemental ones) created by users who were adept at all multiple styles of psynergy, which we know is possible via the manipulation of djinn.
The link between Jupiter Lighthouse and Hover makes me think it's based on Jupiter, especially since the Hover Jade is a relic of the Anemos (ancient/legendary Jupiter Adepts). I think the purple dots you have to be near to to Hover are sources of Jupiter psyenergy power, and Hover doesn't so much generate the floating but channel the present Jupiter energy to make you float.

In The Lost Age they make it fairly clear that each rock holds an element specific psyenergy. Plus, in Golden Sun (1), Master Hama teaches Ivan Reveal and tells the party that it's a psyenergy specific to Jupiter Adepts (unless I remember incorrectly).

I think you're looking at what the psyenergy affects and I'm looking at what's powering it; in the Golden Sun universe everything is composed of some combination of the four elements. Even "light" is all four elements in combination, or the golden sun (the object, not the game :p ). I assume dark is a similar use of psyenergetic power, either a different form of all four elements together or some sort of raw power not using a specific element. We'll have to have more games to find out for sure...

In short, though psyenergy can interact with the world in innumerable ways, it's all based off of the four elements (or light and dark, but I would categorize that with Alchemy since they are all four elements used simultaneously).

Any information that didn't come from my head was from Golden Sun wikis, double-checked as much as I could find :p

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Takamaru has been revealed as an Assist Trophy. Brace yourselves guys, we might have an Assist Trophy massacre for the next week :sadeyes:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
After he revealed 3 stages last week I'm afraid he's going to reveal at least 3 assist trophies.
That's still just an assumption. The rest of the week could be filled with completely fluff updates. lol

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I sure hope that Isaac is prepared to bare the burden of the rest of my hopes and dreams now that Takamaru is out of the running D:

I guess I can sprinkle some of them over K. Rool and Ridley, too... but mostly Isaac >->

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Man I feel bad for the Takamaru fans who are going to wake up tomorrow and see that. I mean on one hand, at least Takamaru is getting some rep (like Isaac did in Brawl). On the other hand it just sucks when your #1 isn't playable, especially when they have their own series that doesn't get any love.

I'm grateful Isaac will undoubtedly make an appearance in Sm4sh, I just hope he's playable or possibly DLC. Golden Sun is my absolute favourite childhood JRPG :(

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Silly me taking a break from bracing myself for an Isaac deconfirmation between 2009-2013. :troll:
That's not what I'm meaning, though. I'm just saying that after seeing what happened with him in Brawl, I have been more cautious about hoping for him this time around than I was before.

(Although at this point I'm not sure it would help me lol)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's not what I'm meaning, though. I'm just saying that after seeing what happened with him in Brawl, I have been more cautious about hoping for him this time around than I was before.

(Although at this point I'm not sure it would help me lol)
I know, I was just joking around. ;)

I've been cautious this whole time too, I was there for Isaac's absence during the DOJO days, I just didn't see getting a deconfirmation as plausible this time around until we got Skull Kid; I wasn't even expecting them to show ATs at all until a few months later.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sadly, this seems the most likely thing that Sakurai will do.
Why?

Sakurai isn't consistent in these things... by this logic we should've kept getting like three characters a month after last winter...

Release is coming up, sure... but ATs aren't the only thing we've got an unrevealed backlog of... there are still several charactes, stages, Pokemon, etc. to be shown... why assume we'd only get ATs if an abundance of anything?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I really, really hope Isaac pulls it through - things aren't looking very good to him.
You mean for him?

Isaac was always the judgy-type.

I think things are in his favor. He's the only real AT that still has a shot and hasn't been shown. I wouldn't count him out just yet. Even Super Smash Flash recognizes how important and wanted he is.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Looks like this weeks theme is assist trophies, really hoping that it's not isaac. The worst part is, the golden sun anniversary is THIS Friday. =(

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Guys, I said brace yourselves, not that Isaac is screwed. That's all.
As an Isaac fan I live in a perpetual state of being braced.

The end of Takamaru has made me a bit uncomfortable though, we're nearing the home stretch.....there's no telling when Isaacs going to pop up with "assist trophy" plastered over him. :S

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Looks like this weeks theme is assist trophies, really hoping that it's not isaac. The worst part is, the golden sun anniversary is THIS Friday. =(
THIS FRIDAY?

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OMFG ITS ON A FRIDAY <3333

THE TIME HAS COME, ISAAC!

Also, Isaac was just revealed for Super Smash Flash! pretty cool! He even has a custom-made sprite!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Has an anniversary ever even seen a reveal of any kind?

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I see. Just checking, because I see these kinds of things mentioned all of the time and then nothing comes from them. lol.

Yeah, it looks like it's going to be a scary week.. But lets be honest, every update is scary now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People, stop jumping to conclusions just because the first POTD is an AT. Wait until we get the second POTD before saying its AT week (although I hope it is, and if Isaac is still an AT I want them to kill it quickly rather than make us wait).

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
At the end of the day we still know nothing and with all the hopeful hype can make or break your mood.

Like others have said, don't believe anything until it is revealed, I know it hurts not knowing but we don't have many options.

Unless someone is ballsy enough to hack the supposed 3DS version at comic con or wateverXD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
People, stop jumping to conclusion just because the first POTD is an AT. Wait until we get the second POTD before saying its AT week (although I hope it is, and if Isaac is still an AT I want them to kill it quickly rather than make us wait).
Yeah... I still don't know why exactly people are assuming this? In fact, I see some that are certain about this week being AT week...

As if Sakurai has ever had predictable patterns? Please.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Isaac is still an AT, its quite likely he'll be announced on Friday. But we'll see.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it's an assist trophy week, since when has Sakurai ever been that predictable or prone to patterns?
I doubt we'll see much more than one more assist this week, and even doubt we'll see that one more.
Of course, if Isaac IS revealed as an AT this friday, that doesn't count Matthew out of the running.
As long as Golden Sun gets representation, I will officially think this smash is perfect.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I doubt it's an assist trophy week, since when has Sakurai ever been that predictable or prone to patterns?
I doubt we'll see much more than one more assist this week, and even doubt we'll see that one more.
Of course, if Isaac IS revealed as an AT this friday, that doesn't count Matthew out of the running.
As long as Golden Sun gets representation, I will officially think this smash is perfect.
Personally I don't think we'll see AT's from a new franchise without getting a playable character from that franchise first. If Isaac is still an AT and Matthew is playable, I would personally say that we won't be getting any Golden Sun playable reps at all.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Personally I don't think we'll see AT's from a new franchise without getting a playable character from that franchise first. If Isaac is still an AT and Matthew is playable, I would personally say that we won't be getting any Golden Sun playable reps at all.
Yeah, Isaac would be playable before Matthew IMO.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, Isaac would be playable before Matthew IMO.
I completely agree, and since Matthew is almost identical to Isaac, Matthew will frankly never be playable. If we ever get more than one Golden Sun rep, Alex would be the next most likely pick by a long shot.

Top Bottom