• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
Im thinking sakurai is hinting isaac like palutena & mac

Palutena-Pit's smash final change
Liltle mac- Ring Stage
Isaac- no assist trophy

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Im thinking sakurai is hinting isaac like palutena & mac

Palutena-Pit's smash final change
Liltle mac- Ring Stage
Isaac- no assist trophy
I... don't see that as much of a hint. Palutena was hinted at in numerous ways. Lack of an AT COULD hint at Isaac, but it doesn't mean anything yet. There's still a lot of missing AT's from Brawl. That said, the fact that we haven't seen all the Brawl AT's yet makes me believe we'll get another AT promoted to playable, but there's no guarantee that's the case at this point.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, unless there is a leak/confirmation of a complete AT list, and Isaac is not between them, the fact that he's not been shown as an AT yet will never be a clue whatsoever ;(

And I doubt that'll ever happen, since it'd be blatantly obvious.

Also contradicts the eternal burden we have to bear as Isaac fans :awesome:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know I'm going to kinda hate it if they announced a Nintendo direct for next Friday. (August 1st)

I'll be out of the house at around 5am and won't return home until about 7pm. I'll just be wondering all day if Isaac got confirmed.

I said kinda because I wouldn't really hate it, getting a direct on Golden Suns anniversary would be wonderous.

I'd be too nervous watching it live anyway.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know I'm going to kinda hate it if they announced a Nintendo direct for next Friday. (August 1st)

I'll be out of the house at around 5am and won't return home until about 7pm. I'll just be wondering all day if Isaac got confirmed.

I said kinda because I wouldn't really hate it, getting a direct on Golden Suns anniversary would be wonderous.

I'd be too nervous watching it live anyway.
I don't think they'd have it on the exact Anniversary, but pretty close.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'd take Issac, but I'd almost prefer Matthew tbh. Dark Dawn was my favorite game of the series, and I don't know why nobody seems to have played it or like it. I'll still admit to Issac being the most likely Golden Sun rep if there is one, though. (No Sveta either, my favorite character in the series, but Matthew would need to be around for her to even have a chance.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think I liked The Lost Age the best. On one hand it could be due to the fact that it was the "conclusion" to one of my favorite RPGs of all time. On the other hand, it could be due to the large cast of characters. It went a bit overboard with the puzzles, but it's still my favorite of the 3 games.

Dark Dawn... What shot it in its foot right off the bat for me was the 64-bit 3D chibi style. I really despise it. So many games already use it, and Golden Sun GBA had BEAUTIFUL sprites. It was one of the strong points of the originals.

DD had some great times though.
I particularly liked the Dark void spreading thing, and the music that played when you fought inside it.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I think I liked The Lost Age the best. On one hand it could be due to the fact that it was the "conclusion" to one of my favorite RPGs of all time. On the other hand, it could be due to the large cast of characters. It went a bit overboard with the puzzles, but it's still my favorite of the 3 games.

Dark Dawn... What shot it in its foot right off the bat for me was the 64-bit 3D chibi style. I really despise it. So many games already use it, and Golden Sun GBA had BEAUTIFUL sprites. It was one of the strong points of the originals.

DD had some great times though.
I particularly liked the Dark void spreading thing, and the music that played when you fought inside it.
Yeah, I guess people found the Chibi style mixed poorly with the game then? I didn't really mind it myself, as I guess is obvious of my previous post.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah, I guess people found the Chibi style mixed poorly with the game then? I didn't really mind it myself, as I guess is obvious of my previous post.
I know several people back at the GS forums who weren't fond of it either.
Maybe if there already weren't so many RPGs out there in this style, It might've been received it a bit better.
I know it's probably meant to emphasize on the facial expressions.

But yeah, that's the only downside to Dark Dawn for me. And well... the fact that there was no Dark Dawn 2 with connevtivity to DD1. :(

-
If DD2 had been made, would we have gotten 16 characters on it? For an epic double-double party Final Boss!

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mind the style, but one flaw it had was the difficulty :p You can steamroll right over even the final boss, which was a surprise compared to The Lost Age's brutal final fight (if not prepared! :) )

Maybe I just need to play it again. I definitely liked the game, but it didn't stick as well in my mind as the first two.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So let me get this straight.

There is a debate between Isaac and Shulk making it in?

Here it is in a Nutshell:

Isaac Supporters: Are hoping that Isaac is not an AT, the lack of Golden Sun Material shown off does not help. Afraid Isaac is an Assist Trophy.

Shulk Supporters: Are hoping that Xenoblade Chronicles is not forgotten when it comes to SSB4 and that Sakurai acknowledges the series in SSB4, mainly with a character. Afraid that Shulk and Xenoblade Chronicles will be ignored.

If there is a dispute, then it is nothing but people being concerned over their chosen character and adjusting that worry to something else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Weird, I actually came to a dead stop in DD's Final Boss for its difficulty, but I casually beat TLA Final Boss on my first try. XD
Ironically, around that area of the Final Boss are, well, I'm gonna spoil it...

Tuaparang soldiers who are pretty weak, yet are a bonanza of experience. As long as you are able to hop from a safe zone to another safe zone, you can level your guys up in no time. However, many Golden Sun fans hated that.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
What I didn't like about Dark Dawn was that it had points of no return. As far as I remember, in the first two games there was never a Djinn or summon that had to get before a certain point. But in Dark Dawn, there were multiple areas that you could never get back to after a certain point in the story, which meant that if you missed a Djinn you were screwed and couldn't do the post game stuff.

Also, speaking of Dark Dawn...
I know this has next to nil chance of happening, but what if Isaac were in Sm4sh, and had Light/Dark psynergy moves as a teaser of what we might see in the next Golden Sun game?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What I didn't like about Dark Dawn was that it had points of no return. As far as I remember, in the first two games there was never a Djinn or summon that had to get before a certain point. But in Dark Dawn, there were multiple areas that you could never get back to after a certain point in the story, which meant that if you missed a Djinn you were screwed and couldn't do the post game stuff.

I know this has next to nil chance of happening, but what if Isaac were in Sm4sh, and had Light/Dark psynergy moves as a teaser of what we might see in the next Golden Sun game?
At best he'll use the main four elements of Golden Sun, but most likely he'll be entirely Earth-based. And considering how much Psynergy of each time there is, nothing wrong with that at all, Earth as an element in Smash would alone set Isaac apart from everyone else.

D

Deleted member

That is what killed all the joy in playing Dark Dawn due to the fact that if I forgot about a Djinni or an item, I could never return to it if I visited a certain region or started an event. It made completing it tedious since you wind up in areas where you worry more about surviving than exploring. I'll admit to replaying the first two over and over again, but I haven't gotten back to playing Dark Dawn because of that. This doesn't make Dark Dawn a bad game (it's entertaining), but it sort of makes it less fun knowing you will lose stuff forever if you didn't get it either right away or immediately after you got a new Psynergy.

Also, as far as Isaac goes, Isaac'll stick to the four elements with Earth being predominant. I'm sure in the Golden Sun mythos, Light/Dark Psynergists got their power AFTER the rise of the Golden Sun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That is what killed all the joy in playing Dark Dawn due to the fact that if I forgot about a Djinni or an item, I could never return to it if I visited a certain region or started an event. It made completing it tedious since you wind up in areas where you worry more about surviving than exploring. I'll admit to replaying the first two over and over again, but I haven't gotten back to playing Dark Dawn because of that. This doesn't make Dark Dawn a bad game (it's entertaining), but it sort of makes it less fun knowing you will lose stuff forever if you didn't get it either right away or immediately after you got a new Psynergy.

Also, as far as Isaac goes, Isaac'll stick to the four elements with Earth being predominant. I'm sure in the Golden Sun mythos, Light/Dark Psynergists got their power AFTER the rise of the Golden Sun.
The fact that you need Djinn in order to power your character in the later set of the game is one of the main reasons to hunt them. Taking away the ability to capture is aggravating in my book.

That was my biggest pet peeve when it came to Dark Dawn.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Fun story about those points of no return in Dark Dawn: as far as I know, if you use cheats, you can get anything you've missed except for anything in Belinsk. I have tried this myself, and even if you use cheats to get back to Belinsk, once you enter the city, you are permanently stuck there.

Which is bs, because the game practically rushes you out of the city once you trigger a certain apocalyptic event, so if you forget about a certain Djinni like I did... you can go back and get it using those walk anywhere cheats, but once you're in the city, you're done. The entrances and exits are all blockaded, and even with the cheat, they don't activate properly. The only way out is on Eoleo's ship... which, of course, is gone at that point, since you already used it to escape earlier XD

So, yeah... I restarted my game, but, admittedly, never even got that far again. I suppose I'll pick it back up eventually, but that really killed my excitement for it D:

And I would really be against using Dark and Light psynergies in Isaac's moveset, since I was against them being in the game overall... just felt like such a fanfiction-y thing to add, imo.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Points of no return or quests with time limits are one of my biggest pet peeves in gaming.

I've had games that I absolutely loved that I never finished because I start worrying about missing out on quests or items, then I get bored while scouring the game making sure I don't miss anything.

I guess it's partially my own fault, I should focus on the story more than worrying about the side quests.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman

There were missable djinn to some extent in the Lost Age, if you didn't link your game you miss several. It was pretty annoying to get to the end and not be able to get all the djinn, though.

D

Deleted member

There were missable djinn to some extent in the Lost Age, if you didn't link your game you miss several. It was pretty annoying to get to the end and not be able to get all the djinn, though.
That was annoying, but it was also sort of what they had in mind when it came to Aenmos (sp?) Sanctum and if you really, really wanted the Charon and Iris summons. If you beat Golden Sun, you got a code, or could link transfer your data so that you could transfer all of them. Of course, in Golden Sun, once you reach the last slide in Venus Lighthouse, you couldn't go back, but that was merely just to set up the final battle.

Back on to the topic of Isaac's inclusion, I can see one of three things happen:

1. Sakurai trolls the Golden Sun fans by waiting until it's released in Japan and revealing he's an unlockable Assist Trophy (again).
2. Sakurai rewards the Golden Sun fans who had to wait until the 11th hour by just going out and giving him a launch trailer in late August.
3. Sakurai both trolls AND rewards Golden Sun fans by having him in the game, but his debut trailer will come out after the game, which I see for two more newcomers.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That was annoying, but it was also sort of what they had in mind when it came to Aenmos (sp?) Sanctum and if you really, really wanted the Charon and Iris summons. If you beat Golden Sun, you got a code, or could link transfer your data so that you could transfer all of them. Of course, in Golden Sun, once you reach the last slide in Venus Lighthouse, you couldn't go back, but that was merely just to set up the final battle.

Back on to the topic of Isaac's inclusion, I can see one of three things happen:

1. Sakurai trolls the Golden Sun fans by waiting until it's released in Japan and revealing he's an unlockable Assist Trophy (again).
2. Sakurai rewards the Golden Sun fans who had to wait until the 11th hour by just going out and giving him a launch trailer in late August.
3. Sakurai both trolls AND rewards Golden Sun fans by having him in the game, but his debut trailer will come out after the game, which I see for two more newcomers.
4. Sakurai trolls fans by announcing Isaac's Assist Trophy is back, and it turns out that he's a very rare AT who, when KO'd in battle, will award you with "Challenger Approaching" and you have to beat Isaac to unlock him. Matthew then replaces the Isaac AT.

I don't think this would really happen, but it'd be funny and cruel if it did. :p

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
4. Sakurai trolls fans by announcing Isaac's Assist Trophy is back, and it turns out that he's a very rare AT who, when KO'd in battle, will award you with "Challenger Approaching" and you have to beat Isaac to unlock him. Matthew then replaces the Isaac AT.

I don't think this would really happen, but it'd be funny and cruel if it did. :p
Wow, that is so mean that if I were Sakurai I would totally do that after reading this post. Because evil laughter.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Well, this could be debatable. It might have become more predominant with the Golden Sun but Weyard is also riddled with questionable psynergy.

Remember the Cloak ball? It was officially associated with the mercury element since it was founded and used by the Lemurians, however it could easily be founded on long lost light/dark psynergy practices. Psynergies like Hover, Force and Reveal are all associated with different tribes, and it is to those tribes that they are categorized despite clearly not being of any real element type.

IMO psynergy was never completely tied to the four elements. The (re?)introduction of light and dark psynergy could be a consequence of the Golden Sun or it could be a type of psynergy that was locked away until Weyard started expanding.

Using Psynergy, or Ki, can become easy to an individual that has either been born with a specific gift of Adeptness to his or her innate element or has their Adeptness directly "unlocked" by sudden and strong exposure to a Psynergy Stone (such as being hit in the head by a falling Psynergy Stone from the sky).
(from the Chi GS wiki page)

It is also unclear how the Tauparang got their knowledge, as they did not always live aboard the flying ship, as a book in Sana states that they were once an actual nation, which was wiped from the face of Weyard, only for them to re-emerge on the ship, renaming themselves the "Zenith Tribe". Zenith is a term used when describing the direction above a given point.
(from the Tuaparang wiki page)

We know that the four Rocks are located all throughout what is left of Weyard in GS 1 & 2. Since the Golden Sun starting bringing lands back, this also means tribes and adepts that were lost are suddenly reappearing (under the assumption that they somehow didn't actually die during Weyard's decline), including potentially their own elemental rocks.

We have to keep in mind that the universe in Golden Sun is strange... Weyard is not a planet, it has an end on all sides that are visible when you explore it. This ties in to the 1400's when everyone believed the world was flat, until Christopher Columbus set out and found out it was in fact a sphere. Weyard didn't start collapsing in to itself, rather the lands started breaking off (compare this to how Earth used to have one big continent until it started drifting to what we have today, only instead of Weyard drifting into continents, it's drifting into different planets). It's possible the Golden Sun is acting like a magnet and bringing these lands back, meaning Weyard could continue to expand indefinitely, returning to what it once was while connecting all of these planets into one.

Like if Earth was Weyard, and Mars had dogs and Venus had cats, and suddenly a magnet started attracting our planets together, then Earth would become a world with dogs and cats, and then Earth starts bringing in Mercury's lions and Jupiter's eagles, and it just kept expanding this way indefinitely to the point Earth is currently at now. That could be what Weyard has done, except in a 2-dimensional universe.

So really this is how you would start seeing new psynergy types. Dark psynergy may not be the only psynergy that returns in Weyard if it continues expanding.

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Well, this could be debatable. It might have become more predominant with the Golden Sun but Weyard is also riddled with questionable psynergy.

Remember the Cloak ball? It was officially associated with the mercury element since it was founded and used by the Lemurians, however it could easily be founded on long lost light/dark psynergy practices. Psynergies like Hover, Force and Reveal are all associated with different tribes, and it is to those tribes that they are categorized despite clearly not being of any real element type.

IMO psynergy was never completely tied to the four elements. The (re?)introduction of light and dark psynergy could be a consequence of the Golden Sun or it could be a type of psynergy that was locked away until Weyard started expanding.

(from the Chi GS wiki page)
Hover and Reveal are definitely Jupiter psyenergies, but otherwise you might have a point. I think every psyenergetic ability is primarily connected to one or two elements, but your opinion is just as valid until we get another game that will say one way or the other :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think I saw this mentioned once before, but I didn't really read the entire post (sorry. >.< lol) but I think a funny (and potentially confusing, following some of the past trailers) way to reveal Isaac in a trailer would be to use Master Hand.

Everybody sees Master Hand and thinks "Oh, Master Hand is back. Expected, but still cool to know!" But then something happens and it's revealed that it's not Master Hand, but instead Isaac's psynergy.

I think that would be a neat trailer, and it would very cleverly tie him into the Smash series. In fact, it would be even funnier if you unlocked him battling Master Hand in some form or fashion. Although clearing Classic Mode (which Master Hand is the boss) is a pretty standard way to unlock a character, I really hope we see more unlocks like this. Perhaps we will. I just hate Nintendo's simplification of unlocking systems like in Mario Kart 8. You literally unlock everybody and everything in only two different ways.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think I saw this mentioned once before, but I didn't really read the entire post (sorry. >.< lol) but I think a funny (and potentially confusing, following some of the past trailers) way to reveal Isaac in a trailer would be to use Master Hand.

Everybody sees Master Hand and thinks "Oh, Master Hand is back. Expected, but still cool to know!" But then something happens and it's revealed that it's not Master Hand, but instead Isaac's psynergy.

I think that would be a neat trailer, and it would very cleverly tie him into the Smash series. In fact, it would be even funnier if you unlocked him battling Master Hand in some form or fashion. Although clearing Classic Mode (which Master Hand is the boss) is a pretty standard way to unlock a character, I really hope we see more unlocks like this. Perhaps we will. I just hate Nintendo's simplification of unlocking systems like in Mario Kart 8. You literally unlock everybody and everything in only two different ways.
That's why I like the idea of having Isaac as an "Assist Trophy" who is very rare, but when you encounter him he'll turn into a regular character and fight you. It'd be a troll, but an awesome troll.

Granted, another great way would be to beat both Master Hand and Crazy Hand without dying.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That's why I like the idea of having Isaac as an "Assist Trophy" who is very rare, but when you encounter him he'll turn into a regular character and fight you. It'd be a troll, but an awesome troll.

Granted, another great way would be to beat both Master Hand and Crazy Hand without dying.
So Isaac would work as an Assist Trophy once, because after that, if you beat him, he joins the roster?

Sound great actually!
So could HE be tweaked to look like Matthew for an Alt Costume?

Hey, speaking of which, has anyone discussed Isaac's possible alt.costume?
The only things that come to mind are Matthew, and Adult Isaac. But I don't think the latter would work due to the height difference.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey, speaking of which, has anyone discussed Isaac's possible alt.costume?
The only things that come to mind are Matthew, and Adult Isaac. But I don't think the latter would work due to the height difference.
Well, they could just give him an appropriately sized longcoat.

Is there much difference between Matthew's and adult Isaac's costumes? I forget.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, they could just give him an appropriately sized longcoat.

Is there much difference between Matthew's and adult Isaac's costumes? I forget.
I think Isaac's consists of a long-sleeved blue shirt, with a chestplate on it, while Matthew wears a shirt, and an unbuttoned jacket on top. Both wear a yellow scarf.
Basically, Isaac's looks a bit more medieval-ish, while Matthew's looks a bit more modern.

Well, might as well post the images.

Last edited:

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Always keeping that slim hope having not yet seen his assist trophy. Isaac is probably my most wanted reasonable character for Smash 4 as of right now. Brawl even had a Golden Sun song included, and Isaac's assist trophy appearing at all in Brawl is a gift to say the least. It shows Nintendo at least likes him.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Alt costumes would be pretty easy, they could do a reskin to Garet without any changes, and use palatte swaps for Ivan (purples and greens) and Mia (whites and blues). There's the original four covered :p

Felix and Matthew would also be relatively simple as well, since they're physically and psyenergetically (that's totally a word) pretty similar to Isaac.

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
As far as "Adult Isaac" is concerned, I think with all the new alt costumes they are a doing, an adult Issac version would be sweet.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
As far as "Adult Isaac" is concerned, I think with all the new alt costumes they are a doing, an adult Issac version would be sweet.
But it wouldn't work for young Isaac as the models wouldn't fit well with each other. It would be like making Toon Zelda an alt for Zelda.

Top Bottom