• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It all sounds like a stretch to me. Chances are he just won't get actual customs. I'd say chances are most DLC characters won't get customs.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So I just saw that Isaac is like, 5th on the early results for the American charts! That's amazing!

Also, anyone wondering if Golden Sun will be one of Nintendo's Mobile Phone games? I could EASILY see that being their IP for a mobile phone RPG.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Ryan from BrainScratchComms revealed Isaac is his most wanted character
That's nice! Though, I felt like they spend a pretty short amount of time on him, and had very few things to say about him... For a 1st pick that was a little bit... awkward, not very passionate? :confused:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Lack of customs means characters have less options therefore less viable. Really hurts them in the long run. And Mewtwo causing errors for Single Player modes isn't a good sign either. Makes me wonder if the Club Nintendo early release was testing the waters for something.

Characters getting less crap then every other character isn't fair for people that are spending about 6-8 banana's for a character.

Just imagine Lucas coming out with no customs and Ness can use PK Freeze yet Lucas can't use Ness's signature special move.

Last edited:

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
We'd better get customs, or else Isaac -- should he get in -- will be stuck with moves that could easily have been better, in my opinion (I'm not very confident that his default moveset would be as good as what we've been imagining in this thread). I also hope Mewtwo gets his when he's available for general purchase.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be fair, its confirmed (through a game glitch) that they did start working on customs for Mewtwo.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It's corrupt data that produces strange effects. You could do the same for every character to have a 4th custom for every special. So it proves nothing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I just saw that Isaac is like, 5th on the early results for the American charts! That's amazing!
Which charts are you looking at?

Also, anyone wondering if Golden Sun will be one of Nintendo's Mobile Phone games? I could EASILY see that being their IP for a mobile phone RPG.
Any games that rely fairly heavily on the d-pad are ones I don't see Nintendo bringing to mobile.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
Any games that rely fairly heavily on the d-pad are ones I don't see Nintendo bringing to mobile.
Depends. I can see the game working with "touch to walk to spot", plus battles are turn-based, so they could easily work better with a touch-screen menu. If the game is built around the limitations, it could work.

... Why am I even entertaining that idea? I wouldn't want a Golden Sun mobile game. :(

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Depends. I can see the game working with "touch to walk to spot", plus battles are turn-based, so they could easily work better with a touch-screen menu. If the game is built around the limitations, it could work.

... Why am I even entertaining that idea? I wouldn't want a Golden Sun mobile game. :(
AHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAH!

You are kidding, right?

AHAHAHAHAH!

No one wants Golden Sun on Mobile. Entertaining the thought is suicide. Lets just say that if Nintendo does try and pull that crap, I'm finished with Nintendo.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
AHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAH!

You are kidding, right?

AHAHAHAHAH!

No one wants Golden Sun on Mobile. Entertaining the thought is suicide. Lets just say that if Nintendo does try and pull that crap, I'm finished with Nintendo.
As long as they came out with Golden Sun IV first, I'd play a mobile title. I would play Golden Sun Shuffle (like Pokémon Shuffle, but with Djinn). I shouldn't. But I would.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
First Isaac in Smash, then more Golden Sun.
I really don't care which comes first. If we get Golden Sun IV, I'm sure the Isaac DLC will be announced alongside it. If not, he'll get in afterward.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really don't care which comes first. If we get Golden Sun IV, I'm sure the Isaac DLC will be announced alongside it. If not, he'll get in afterward.
I don't really cares which comes first either, I just have trouble seeing the latter before the former. Because I imagine the latter will happen due to the former.

But if GS4 is in development currently, then yeah, the two will probably go hand in hand.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If Isaac was still an Assist Trophy in this game, wouldn't that imply Sakurai never considered him? Look at Waluigi, Majora's Mask, Midna, Girahim, Dark Samus, etc....all characters that could have potentially been playable but were Assist Trophies.

The fact that Isaac's Assist Trophy from Brawl did not return is very suspicious. It makes me think Isaac was considered from the start.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Isaac was still an Assist Trophy in this game, wouldn't that imply Sakurai never considered him? Look at Waluigi, Majora's Mask, Midna, Girahim, Dark Samus, etc....all characters that could have potentially been playable but were Assist Trophies.

The fact that Isaac's Assist Trophy from Brawl did not return is very suspicious. It makes me think Isaac was considered from the start.
Not necessarily, it could mean that Sakurai did consider him early on but chose to make him an AT instead. Look at Takamaru.

But yeah, his complete absence is odd to say the least.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet

Jill didn't return either, but I'm not sure how highly I'd rate her chances. It certainly does help Isaac out, not being in the game already means there's nothing to conflict with if he's added.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Jill didn't return either, but I'm not sure how highly I'd rate her chances. It certainly does help Isaac out, not being in the game already means there's nothing to conflict with if he's added.
And there's already music for him in the game, they don't have to add tracks they way they apparently are doing for Ryu.

Golden Sun Stage HYPE!

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Hey Isaac fans! While playing through Xenoblade Chronicles, I was reminded of Golden Sun. I've never played a Golden Sun game (but I plan on changing that very soon!). I've always wanted to play it ever since I was 9 years old, but I did not beg my parents to get the game hard enough as I should have.

I have a question regarding the series. Is Golden Sun first party or second party? I'm just curious.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hey Isaac fans! While playing through Xenoblade Chronicles, I was reminded of Golden Sun. I've never played a Golden Sun game (but I plan on changing that very soon!). I've always wanted to play it ever since I was 9 years old, but I did not beg my parents to get the game hard enough as I should have.

I have a question regarding the series. Is Golden Sun first party or second party? I'm just curious.
It's considered second party. It's owned by Nintendo, but developed by Camelot Software Planning.

I think technically Camelot co-owns the scenario, but I KNOW Nintendo wholly owns the characters.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
It's considered second party. It's owned by Nintendo, but developed by Camelot Software Planning.

I think technically Camelot co-owns the scenario, but I KNOW Nintendo wholly owns the characters.
Okay, thanks for the reply. Can't wait to check this series out!

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
I played some GS1 tonight. Started in Imil and passed Mercury Lighthouse. I'm experimenting with classes this time, but paying perhaps a bit too much attention to Psynergy and not enough to stats. Still, having three healers in the party and the powerful Astral Blast is nice.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Nintendo and Camelot co-own the franchise, but Nintendo 100% owns the characters themselves. To add things like music and stages to Smash Sakurai would probably have to go through Camelot. Granted, he'd probably still go through them even if he just wanted Isaac to be playable, since he tends to do that even if Nintendo 100% owns everything.

Dan

Smash Lord
I'm sure you guys have already thought about this, but his disclusion as an AT really has to strengthen his chances at being DLC.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If Isaac was still an Assist Trophy I'd definitely say he had no chance at all. But his removal is suspicious.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Anything lower than third place is a disgrace... the only real competition Isaac has is K Rool and Wolf.
Honestly Wolf should show up regardless of the ballot is mine and alot of other's thinking right now. His files, just like Lucas' can pretty much be ripped from Brawl and given a new coat of paint.

Really so far I've just seen K. Rool and Isaac dueling for top. (Someone should draw that...) So in the event things keep pace, and we get more than one ballot character (which would make the most sense, with an 8 month deadline...) things'll be looking pretty good for the top picks. :shades:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I had a weird dream last night that I was looking at the virtual console and I noticed a Golden Sun game I'd never seen before.

You played as this man and a young girl. I think we were trying to escape a facility. The game was like a mix between Golden Sun, Metal Gear Solid and one of those tiled based oldschool PC rpgs. (like Legend of Grimrock if anyone has played that.)

You walked around the facility and had to avoid the guards (and monsters), if you an enemy saw you and ran into it you it started a turn based battle. The dream ended when I accidentally alerted all the guards, got surrounded and then beaten up.

No idea why it was a Golden Sun game though. I didn't see any psynergy. :p

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Comparing Isaac and Shulk given the vary different presentation styles of their games is not going to be even remotely accurate due to the actual ambiguity of the Golden sun cast.

Anyways Dark dawn was a pain in the ***, how do you not answer *anything* other then Alex being alive. Come on now. Camelot was way too focused on the long-term of the series and didn't conclude it in a satisfying manner.
If they want to play Kingdom hearts with the series by having all these loose threads, they should've switched to Console.
Yeah comparing Shulk and Isaac is not exactly an ideal match up. Too different games and abilities.

Well Xenoblade Chronicles does have some superficial similarities with Golden Sun. I love both games though.

You should get GS pronto! It is amazing! Plus its actually pretty short compared to Xenoblade Chronicles (25 hours playthrough approx).

Top Bottom