• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I like the Mii move sets, and mixing up their specials makes them feel completely unique and I like having premade ones ready to go. I would also rather use Mii's as video game characters, it's something they've done in games such as Nintendo Land, rather than celebrities or anime characters or what have you. Dunban and Protoman Mii's fit in way better than Legolas or whatever.

I'm definitely very selective on costumes, though. So far, I have Link, Dunban, and Protoman. I doubt I will get anymore of wave 1. Everything else, being stages and characters, I will buy. I'm pretty happy with DLC choices so far, as long as Isaac, Wolf, and a DK character (preferably K. Rool) makes it in I'll be 100% happy with whatever we get.

Speaking of Isaac and Mii costumes, do you think we might get some Mii costumes with him if he makes it in?
I would buy any and all Golden Sun Mii costumes. Unfortunately, since there is no "mage" Mii, the only real options would have to be for Swordfighter Miis.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would buy any and all Golden Sun Mii costumes. Unfortunately, since there is no "mage" Mii, the only real options would have to be for Swordfighter Miis.
Yeah, I wish that melee Mii's had some more projectile options and a Mage Mii would be very much appreciated. At least Sword fighter has Gale Strike, right? That's kind of elemental magic.....

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Finally picked up Golden Sun again. I really want Isaac in Smash, seriously.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Where did you find this? o.o!
I hang around in the Shulk social thread a decent amount, just because I'm a Xenoblade fan doesn't mean I'm not a Golden Sun fan.

That was kind of the point of me sharing the name of the Shulk Social thread with you guys.

For those too lazy to check it out, it's currently:

Colony 6: A new day (Vote for Isaac)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Where did you find this? o.o!
Um...

By visiting the Shulk thread?

@ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D :4greninja:'d me.

I too love Xenoblade and visit the Shulk social thread once in a while. Although I don't post much there as much as I do over here.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I hang around in the Shulk social thread a decent amount, just because I'm a Xenoblade fan doesn't mean I'm not a Golden Sun fan.

That was kind of the point of me sharing the name of the Shulk Social thread with you guys.

I think they were Just asking where the Shulk social thread is located currently.

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Hello folks, I'm here to say that I'm behind you guys 100%. I basically grew up with Golden Sun. Isaac's support strong as never, and I decided to lend my support to Isaac the way I can. I'm voting at least once per day, no joke. I really think the support for Isaac is already enough and he's basically in, but the support can never end! We'll do it, no matter what!

ferioku

Smash Ace

Haha, I'm a heavy Xenoblade fan but I didn't even notice that thread existed. It warms my heart =D

Thanks for the share anyway.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Great Spazzy, you and your :4greninja:'ing. I am not going to even bother to post the link this time.

Although I did delay a bit...

Haha, I'm a heavy Xenoblade fan but I didn't even notice that thread existed. It warms my heart =D

Thanks for the share anyway.
Oh nice! Nice to see another Xenoblade + Golden Sun fan.

P.S Thanks for :4greninja:'ing my post in which I was telling Spazzy about it....

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Great Spazzy, you and your :4greninja:'ing. I am not going to even bother to post the link this time.

Although I did delay a bit...

Oh nice! Nice to see another Xenoblade + Golden Sun fan.

P.S Thanks for :4greninja:'ing my post in which I was telling Spazzy about it....
Hehe. I love Xenoblade but I didn't get to complete it as I borrowed it from a friend. I decided to get it for my new 3DS and i'm loving the port!

I'm really looking forward to the new Xenoblade Chronicles game, I literally just pre ordered it today!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I wish I had some picture editing skill. I want a scene of Lost Age Link spliced into Golden Sun, talking to Isaac and welcoming him to Smash.

Don't forget to mention the awesome music!
Please:

Probably one of my top 3 songs from Golden Sun.
Ironically, I no longer think of Imil or Golden Sun whenever I hear this... I think of something entirely different.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well I don't know where to go. Stupid password made me ragequit, Damn gold password having a typo I can't trace
Well so did you type it in the end or not?

If not, I would recommend you to update your file with the pass before Jupiter Lighthouse. Preferably as soon as possible though so that you don't accidentally end up mixing some fixed events concerning Isaac's party.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting a heart attack just by reading that title. It's so nice. After a few months on GameFAQs, I though all Xeno fans were a-holes to GS fans, but nope. My faith in humanity has been restored.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm getting a heart attack just by reading that title. It's so nice. After a few months on GameFAQs, I though all Xeno fans were a-holes to GS fans, but nope. My faith in humanity has been restored.
Yeah, I had this same impression for a time as well. It actually completely killed my hype for Xenoblade. It was admittedly just a few individuals, but they left a quite unwholesome view of the fanbase in my mind.

That thread title is welcome.

Of course, there's people posting in the thread about voting for Dixie and Bandana Dee and such. So they're not completely forgiven.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's not that surprising that some people are both Xeno and Golden Sun fans. I've been supporting Isaac and Shulk as my top two coming up to the release of these games.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Well, this thread is still active, which is awesome, also, I've been thinking about a possible Isaac's moveset, but thanks to school, I'm not having that much time... On the bright side, I've got plenty of computers to vote for Isaac.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, this thread is still active, which is awesome, also, I've been thinking about a possible Isaac's moveset, but thanks to school, I'm not having that much time... On the bright side, I've got plenty of computers to vote for Isaac.
You know That the ballot is more Suggestion box That actual vote ? The ballot exits in every smash game but was Japan-Only ...

Anyway , add me in the support list ! I prefert Isaac over K Rool , i Hope he Will pull Of a Little Mac and came Back un the game as a Fighter

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know That the ballot is more Suggestion box That actual vote ? The ballot exits in every smash game but was Japan-Only ...

Anyway , add me in the support list ! I prefert Isaac over K Rool , i Hope he Will pull Of a Little Mac and came Back un the game as a Fighter
Its called a ballot. A ballot is literally a poll. Yes, it is a vote. That doesn't mean it guarantees any character who ranks high will get in the game, but characters who rankly highly will at least be considered, and odds are a character who ranks highly with little-to-no restrictions of being added as playable would probably get in the game.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Its called a ballot. A ballot is literally a poll. Yes, it is a vote. That doesn't mean it guarantees any character who ranks high will get in the game, but characters who rankly highly will at least be considered, and odds are a character who ranks highly with little-to-no restrictions of being added as playable would probably get in the game.
At the end It's always a suggestion box . Smash Dev Team Will have the last word . It's not a presidential election , It's not because you have high amount Of vote That your character Will be in ...

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
So everyone saw that there is currently 5 characters planned : Lucas, Ryu, Roy, maybe Wolf and the ballot character.

Do you think we'll only get one ballot character ? If it's the case, I don't think Isaac could win (maybe in Europe and America, but because of Japan, he can't be the most requested).

I really hope that there is more than one ballot character planned. What do you think?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So everyone saw that there is currently 5 characters planned : Lucas, Ryu, Roy, maybe Wolf and the ballot character.

Do you think we'll only get one ballot character ? If it's the case, I don't think Isaac could win (maybe in Europe and America, but because of Japan, he can't be the most requested).

I really hope that there is more than one ballot character planned. What do you think?
I think it was established that 5 current slots might be for pre-determined characters, so the ballot might be for separate slots.

But of course, it might go other ways. I at least hope Isaac still gets the spot.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At the end It's always a suggestion box . Smash Dev Team Will have the last word . It's not a presidential election , It's not because you have high amount Of vote That your character Will be in ...
The stupidity of this comment is that characters who get pushed through more will be more likely to be considered. YES they will decide in the end who gets in, but you can NOT say that a character getting a lot of votes won't make that character considered anymore than a character with an incredibly small number of votes. Its ludicrous and ridiculous. This IS a popularity contest and it IS a poll, regardless of what you or other people will try and say.

Regardless of whether its a "suggestion" box or not, the more "suggestions" that get through the more likely said character will get looked at, and this is exactly the case that happened with prior games; many of the most highly requested characters got added as playable characters in later games. Naturally quality needs to be put into entries as well, but the more entries for a character WILL get said character more exposure and increase the odds of getting chosen. Especially since DLC NEEDS to sell well.

An obscure character without many votes likely will not be considered as DLC (but would likely be considered for a future title).

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
We're both right then .

More vote for more attention .
But if the Dev Team don't see the potential in those character they Will not be choosen ( Toad being a peach move instead , James Bond / Banjo-Kazooie right problem , Ridley too b...)

Anyway i just bought Golden Sun on the VC . That nostalgia.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Yeah, some Xenoblade fans did hate on Golden Sun fans. And visa-versa as well.

GameFAQs is pretty toxic at times.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
The stupidity of this comment is that characters who get pushed through more will be more likely to be considered. YES they will decide in the end who gets in, but you can NOT say that a character getting a lot of votes won't make that character considered anymore than a character with an incredibly small number of votes. Its ludicrous and ridiculous. This IS a popularity contest and it IS a poll, regardless of what you or other people will try and say.

Regardless of whether its a "suggestion" box or not, the more "suggestions" that get through the more likely said character will get looked at, and this is exactly the case that happened with prior games; many of the most highly requested characters got added as playable characters in later games. Naturally quality needs to be put into entries as well, but the more entries for a character WILL get said character more exposure and increase the odds of getting chosen. Especially since DLC NEEDS to sell well.

An obscure character without many votes likely will not be considered as DLC (but would likely be considered for a future title).
All the more reason to not chat then that's hardly fair to other characters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well so did you type it in the end or not?

If not, I would recommend you to update your file with the pass before Jupiter Lighthouse. Preferably as soon as possible though so that you don't accidentally end up mixing some fixed events concerning Isaac's party.
I spelled something of the 6 page long password, better restart soon then *weeps*

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
It's not that surprising that some people are both Xeno and Golden Sun fans. I've been supporting Isaac and Shulk as my top two coming up to the release of these games.
Generic blonde RPG protagonists have to stick together :p I actually wish Cloud was possible

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Generic blonde RPG protagonists have to stick together :p I actually wish Cloud was possible
Bruh. We got both tl;dr Cloud and Light Saber Cloud, why can't we get Rock, Paper, Scissors Cloud?

And, since Atlus is part of Sega, we can get Emo Cloud and Pimpin' Cloud too.

Top Bottom