• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, once Isaac gets confirmed, we'll need to get a lot of pages on his social thread :p .
To be fair, we've already got 300 pages. The other threads just started off as their discussion threads. Also, I like the "once" comment. :D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's going to be a painful wait until we learn of the ballot's fate.

Good thing Isaac fans have learned the necessity of patience. -_-

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Anyone want a code for Golden Sun for Wii U Virtual Console? Got a few coins left, and I don't want anything in the store.
EDIT: Who hasn't played it before?

Last edited:

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
Are ROMS allowed on this forum? I had the idea to give away ROMs of Golden Sun: The Broken Seal and Golden Sun: The Lost Age with a VBA Link as one package to promote Isaac.

Because let's be real, until TLA hits Wii U VC Broken Seal being on there is mostly pointless =P

I wanted to ask before randomly posting roms and links though

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Are ROMS allowed on this forum? I had the idea to give away ROMs of Golden Sun: The Broken Seal and Golden Sun: The Lost Age with a VBA Link as one package to promote Isaac.

Because let's be real, until TLA hits Wii U VC Broken Seal being on there is mostly pointless =P

Nope, sorry.

seriously, they still haven't released TLA over there? Maybe they're waiting for a surprise double announcement... (hey, I can dream, right?)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

A. ROMS and emulators are not as they are illegal in many places.
B. Pretty sure Golden Sun: The Broken Seal isn't a real game.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
B. Pretty sure Golden Sun: The Broken Seal isn't a real game.
"The Broken Seal" is the Japanese subtitle of the first game. It's usually used to distinguish it from other games/the series, like how Fire Emblem fans refer to Fire Emblem the game (the first one released internationally) as "Blazing Sword", even though it's not called that in English.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"The Broken Seal" is the Japanese subtitle of the first game. It's usually used to distinguish it from other games/the series, like how Fire Emblem fans refer to Fire Emblem the game (the first one released internationally) as "Blazing Sword", even though it's not called that in English.
The more you know.

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
Also....

NINTENDO NEEDS TO MAKE LINK CABLES EMULATED ON VC

I can somewhat let the Wii U slide, but 3DS not having the ability is a pure disgrace. Seriously, they could make a sub menu beside restore points or something to establish a connection with the emulator itself, the the VC game wil recognize the 3DS connection as "a cable inserted"
If I can think that on the fly wth is Nintendo doing!?!

Also I think a good deal of content will come from TLA as opposed to Broken Seal since they were developed as a single game originally and the climactic parts are in TLA, with the exception of Venus lighthouse

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Well, once Isaac gets confirmed, we'll need to get a lot of pages on his social thread :p .
I say we just bribe a mod to move this thread over to the new Isaac forums and have it renamed the Isaac Social Thread. If that were to happen today, we'd be in third place, about 2,000 posts ahead of Mewtwo, and 20,000 behind Robin.

In any event, I think it's safe to say no one is going to touch Robin or Zelda. Especially Zelda. They put on like 9 pages since I compiled that this morning.

That's insanity.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I say we just bribe a mod to move this thread over to the new Isaac forums and have it renamed the Isaac Social Thread. If that were to happen today, we'd be in third place, about 2,000 posts ahead of Mewtwo, and 20,000 behind Robin.

In any event, I think it's safe to say no one is going to touch Robin or Zelda. Especially Zelda. They put on like 9 pages since I compiled that this morning.

That's insanity.
You don't need to bribe any mods. The Robin social thread was the original Robin request/discussion thread. That's how most of them are. This thread will likely become the social thread if Isaac gets added.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

That's insanity.
That's what we'll do. That is the case with most Social Threads.

:231:

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Anyone want a code for Golden Sun for Wii U Virtual Console? Got a few coins left, and I don't want anything in the store.
Ohhh, man, i was too late to reply, but i am okay.

I was planning to buy it on my account, but club nintendo didn't add my coins when i registered my smash 3ds code. It stink when you have alot of coins and can't use them on anything, -.-

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think it is a blessing that Isaac is not an assist trophy in this game. It seems like the kiss of death for potential characters, almost all of Zelda's good potential reps became assist trophy's.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If I stayed adamant over something I believed when hundreds if not thousands of people were hating on me and making jokes about me and turned out to be right I'd be a sore winner about it too.

I may sound ignorant, but who is Shokio? A Youtuber?
Yeah, he's a Youtuber that got a lot of flak for his views on Ridley, which turned out to be relatively close to Sakurai's views on Ridley. Though he's not the most gracious guy out there, and I don't agree with everything he says, I still enjoy his videos.

iDazedX_x

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nevio-X
Hey guys i've lurking around this thread and only this thread since smash 4 was announced and finally decided to make an account here , my hype/hopes for Isaac just couldn't be contained any longer so here I am. Ive also taken the liberty of voting for Isaac countless times since the ballot was first announced lol and of course i did it on multiple devices different IPs , wifi ..etcc...

But basically I support Isaac %110 and i refuse to buy another smash game if he's not included. And if i could please be put on the supporters list that'd be awesome.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I may sound ignorant, but who is Shokio? A Youtuber?
Yeah, his videos aren't bad and he understands a lot of Smash and what characters make and don't make sense (I agree with him on most), however, the way he talks is kinda of jerky, which doesn't favour him at all.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Yeah, his videos aren't bad and he understands a lot of Smash and what characters make and don't make sense (I agree with him on most), however, the way he talks is kinda of jerky, which doesn't favour him at all.
I see, thanks for the answers everyone. I should take a look at his videos.

Hey guys i've lurking around this thread and only this thread since smash 4 was announced and finally decided to make an account here , my hype/hopes for Isaac just couldn't be contained any longer so here I am. Ive also taken the liberty of voting for Isaac countless times since the ballot was first announced lol and of course i did it on multiple devices different IPs , wifi ..etcc...

But basically I support Isaac %110 and i refuse to buy another smash game if he's not included. And if i could please be put on the supporters list that'd be awesome.
Glad to see I'm not the only one with such determination.
Nintendo will not touch my sweet sweet money until Isaac shows up. :smirk:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Technically I hadn't made such a promise but I still haven't bought Smash, and if all turns out great, Isaac will be announced before I get it this year :)

iDazedX_x

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nevio-X
Don't get me wrong i love the smash series and its got increasinglyy better over the yrs (i own every game since 64) but the game feels incomplete imo lacking stages not so much characters, but better choices couldve been made (coughDarkPitcough)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
At the tournament I went to on Saturday, a couple of folks were saying that Isaac has some pretty strong support. I've also heard that he has strong support on the other side of the Pacific, and THAT bodes well.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Well, to be fair, Mii costumes are pretty easy. But no, I think there's going to be a bunch of character and stage DLC as well.
Hope so. I don't want Isaac to end up in the game as just a stupid Mii outfit.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If anything, Isaac would be playable, then they'd make a bunch of Mii costumes of other characters people wanted to see but couldn't make the cut as playables. Oh, I also think a "mage" Mii is a possibility for DLC as well. If Isaac is added I could see, say, Jenna, Mia, Garet, or Ivan, perhaps some Dark Dawn characters given Mii costumes. Isaac himself I think is doubtful, though. If they were to consider GS at all, I do legitimately think at least one would be playable before they added Mii costumes based on them.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
That would just make me hate Sakurai, and that would definitely make me skip the Wii U.
But there's no chance that they would do such a cruel thing, really. I still have faith.

We'll see Isaac playable, this time.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
If anything, Isaac would be playable, then they'd make a bunch of Mii costumes of other characters people wanted to see but couldn't make the cut as playables. Oh, I also think a "mage" Mii is a possibility for DLC as well. If Isaac is added I could see, say, Jenna, Mia, Garet, or Ivan, perhaps some Dark Dawn characters given Mii costumes. Isaac himself I think is doubtful, though. If they were to consider GS at all, I do legitimately think at least one would be playable before they added Mii costumes based on them.
Considering there is a Dunban costume, there better be a Kraden too.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
OK you creative people... I need a name. Not the name of a person mind you, I need a name for a Kingdom. The Kingdom is a predominantly Warrior/Barbarian type kingdom comprised almost entirely of former slaves. After a massive rebellion, these slaves founded their own kingdom.

What would be a good name for this kingdom?

For the record, this is a good guy faction.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
OK you creative people... I need a name. Not the name of a person mind you, I need a name for a Kingdom. The Kingdom is a predominantly Warrior/Barbarian type kingdom comprised almost entirely of former slaves. After a massive rebellion, these slaves founded their own kingdom.

What would be a good name for this kingdom?

For the record, this is a good guy faction.
Nohr. Muh Muh muh.

Top Bottom