• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Supersmash77

Smash Cadet
Ryu doesn't make sense, at all... without any context, that is. However, if we knew the context, it might make sense. The fact of the matter is... this is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TRUE. Ryu and Roy have data in the patch, this has been confirmed by multiple sources. Deny it all you wish, but its legit.

Ryu does not make sense on his own, hence why Nintendo must have gotten something in return. I doubt Nintendo would've agreed to allow Mega Man in only if they added Ryu later. Sorry, I fully disagree with this theory.

If anything, Nintendo is either A.) having Capcom make a new game for them (probably related to Street Fighter; a Nintendo vs. Capcom game would be a neat thing to see),

or B.) Nintendo bought something from Capcom, perhaps the rights to an IP. Capcom only agreed to it if they got another character in Smash Bros. This would make sense if, maybe, they bought the rights to Mega Man (Capcom isn't doing anything with it) so now there's no "Capcom" character in Smash anymore, so Capcom requested Ryu as part of the deal.

B.) isn't all too likely, but if Capcom is as strapped for cash as they appear to be, they might've considered selling an IP they don't care about anymore but Nintendo would. Regardless, A.) is probably more likely. Smash Bros. isn't a traditional fighting game; just like with Street Fighter V, Nintendo might've commissioned Capcom to develop a traditional fighting game on Nintendo platforms, to try and get some of that traditional fighting game audience to Wii U. There's not many fighting games on Wii U at this point. In order to help promote it Nintendo agreed to add Ryu to Smash as well.
Yeah,after seeing other sources report on this and say its true is it most definitely legit and yeah I definitely want to know why they decided to include ryu but like I said before I guess time will tell

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
True, so if anybody wants to continue then Message.

Let me ask this about Isaac. What would the preferred playstyle type of him be? Example: Something like Glass Cannon.
I can see Isaac being somewhat of a mid-weight zoner type of character that focuses on reads and long range grabs to beat the opponent. I cannot see him rushing down his opponents nor can I see him being played overly defensive.
I don't like the comparison, but I think he'd play a lot like Robin.
What would really make things interesting is a Djinni-Gimmick type of thing which would give Isaac certain nudges in different playstyle-directions. Not as heavily influencing as Shulk's Arts, probably, but still enough to give him offensive and defensive options when needed.

All in all, Isaac would probably prefer to keep his opponents at a certain range to both prevent them from starting good approaches and punish mistakes with strong Smashes and Specials.
A move like, you guessed it, Move would be essential for something like this because you could zone your opponent out pretty easily with those hands to keep them at bay.

At least that's my wishful thinking.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Maybe Ryu will be an AT and his victory theme plays as he disappears explaining his theme music inclusion. I doubt it but you never know with Smash and Sakurai.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I can see Isaac being somewhat of a mid-weight zoner type of character that focuses on reads and long range grabs to beat the opponent. I cannot see him rushing down his opponents nor can I see him being played overly defensive.
I don't like the comparison, but I think he'd play a lot like Robin.
What would really make things interesting is a Djinni-Gimmick type of thing which would give Isaac certain nudges in different playstyle-directions. Not as heavily influencing as Shulk's Arts, probably, but still enough to give him offensive and defensive options when needed.

All in all, Isaac would probably prefer to keep his opponents at a certain range to both prevent them from starting good approaches and punish mistakes with strong Smashes and Specials.
A move like, you guessed it, Move would be essential for something like this because you could zone your opponent out pretty easily with those hands to keep them at bay.

At least that's my wishful thinking.
To get an exact image, something like a mixture of Link and Robin?

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I noticed that there was quite the fuss going on this thread because of Royu (Roy + Ryu, get it :awesome:... Ok, this sounded better in my head...) but I'm glad to see that the posts have been deleted.

As for Isaac, I expect him to be a medium-fast character with powerful sword strikes and psynergy (just like in his games, where he has a very high attack stat and a medium-high agility).

MainJPW

M.T.A
Royu (Roy + Ryu, get it :awesome:... Ok, this sounded better in my head...) .
Your not the first to coin this, alot of people have been saying that. :awesome:

As for Isaac, I expect him to be a medium-fast character with powerful sword strikes and psynergy (just like in his games, where he has a very high attack stat and a medium-high agility).
Exactly spot on to what I was thinking. Also lotsa Earth psynergy.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I keep coming across people saying that Golden Sun is a pretty unknown series, not important, etc.
At this point I don't even know if they say the truth. What should I answer?

I'm lost. Yesterday I was confident, then all this Roy/Ryu crap happened and I'm not sure anymore. I feel like anyway Sakurai will just keep ignoring Golden Sun, that he thinks the number of represented series is good enough...

I'd need to be reassured. :sadeyes:
And I don't think I'll be able to be as invested that I currently am until October. All of this is bad for my nerves...
I take it very much to heart, I can't help it.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I keep coming across people saying that Golden Sun is a pretty unknown series, not important, etc.

I'm lost. Yesterday I was confident, then all this Roy/Ryu crap happened and I'm not sure anymore. I feel like anyway Sakurai will just keep ignoring Golden Sun, that he thinks the number of represented series is good enough...

And I don't think I'll be able to be as invested that I currently am until October. All of this is bad for my nerves...
Well, Golden Sun is pretty unknown if you are talking to non-Nintendo fans or Smash players, however, it is probably one of the most popular tradicional JRPGs released by Nintendo and it was critically aclaimed, hitting pretty high scores and selling pretty well.

We can't lose hope now, like this thread's pages, Isaac's votes need to increase and our voices will be listened and we will have GS4 at E3 and Isaac in Smash.

Your not the first to coin this, alot of people have been saying that. :awesome:

Exactly spot on to what I was thinking. Also lotsa Earth psynergy.
Well... I hadn't been following the whole Royu thing, 'cause I personally don't care that much about that leak, I mean, Roy would be nice (although I would prefer Eliwood, Hector or Ephraim, maybe the latter two, so that Smash can have more weapons besides swords).

MainJPW

M.T.A
Well... I hadn't been following the whole Royu thing, 'cause I personally don't care that much about that leak, I mean, Roy would be nice (although I would prefer Eliwood, Hector or Ephraim, maybe the latter two, so that Smash can have more weapons besides swords).
Yes, more weapons would bring variety in play styles.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Roy and Ryu don't effect the ballot, they were chosen before it was released. Since they already have data in the game, it shows we're probably going to be getting characters more frequently than we expected, which means we're probably going to get more characters than we expected, which means the number of accepted candidates from the ballot will likely be larger than expected, which can only help Isaac's chances. ;)

And Golden Sun being unknown/unimportant depends on when you started gaming. It was big for a few years, but that can't be said anymore. For what it's worth, FE got included in Smash during one of its slumps, and now is bigger than ever before. You never know, but Smash always helps. That said, of Nintendo's remaining unrepresented series, it's towards the top.

D

Deleted member

That might be true, but it's not really a question of what should've happened, rather what did happen. Diddy Kong was likely locked up in litigation around the time of Melee anyway, which is probably why he didn't even show up in the game. Plus if the data is anything to go by it seems like there would've been a greater chance of getting Dixie over K. Rool until now.

So yeah, K. Rool and Dixie didn't really get much support behind them until Diddy was confirmed, while Isaac's support dates back to before Brawl itself. Or at least... when Brawl was announced.
@ChronoBound actually said that he found supporters of Isaac back in the first half of 2002 at GameFAQs and that prior to E3 2006, Isaac was among the ten most wanted (#10 IIRC) in Japan. In other words, Isaac has been around for a very long time in the Smash community, although his support nowadays doesn't compare to what it was back in pre-Brawl. Still it is impressive that Isaac has survived this long, although it probably helps Sakurai hasn't said anything about him (no news is good news if Ridley and Takamaru are any indication).

I still doubt Isaac will get included thought, although Roy and Ryu's near confirmation (along with the likelihood Wolf is being worked on) makes him more plausible in my mind (I originally put him in D tier on my likelihood tier, now he's on C). But I have a feeling that if Isaac does get included, it'll likely be because he was held back to sell as DLC (I feel Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, and Roy were held back for the purpose of being DLC).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still hate the "held back for the purpose of DLC" argument. No one was held back. They had so much stuff they were planning that certain characters just got put on low priority. That's all. If we had those characters during development, we'd have had less newcomers in the main game.

The only characters I could give the argument to are Mewtwo and maybe K. Rool, since those two are extremely popular requests. They could've decided on less hypeworthy characters and went with others during development, only to do Mewtwo and K. Rool later. Isaac is towards that level now, but he wasn't NEARLY so high before. Isaac probably got held back due to the lack of a new GS game.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So far it seems to stand like this:

Isaac vs. Link goes to Isaac unless Isaac is just using a normal/lesser sword in a straight up sword fight, in which case it goes to Link.
Isaac vs. Shulk goes to the screaming army of Fanboys and Fangirls braining themselves and Isaac and Shulk sitting back watching with a bowl of popcorn.

So how about Isaac vs. Ike?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Isaac vs. Link goes to Isaac unless Isaac is just using a normal/lesser sword in a straight up sword fight, in which case it goes to Link.
Isaac vs. Shulk goes to the screaming army of Fanboys and Fangirls braining themselves and Isaac and Shulk sitting back watching with a bowl of popcorn.

In a straight up sword fight, Ike hands down. I'd question it more if Isaac was wielding Sol Blade, but for Ike is a lot closer since Ike is wielding an INCREDIBLY powerful sword as well.

With their full power, still Isaac.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
In a straight up sword fight, Ike hands down. I'd question it more if Isaac was wielding Sol Blade, but for Ike is a lot closer since Ike is wielding an INCREDIBLY powerful sword as well.

With their full power, still Isaac.
Yeah, Ike is an absolute monster with pure swordplay. But with abilities? Isaac mops the floor with him.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
  • _Sheik
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • Amberloo
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • BandannaWaddleDee
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Browny
  • Buddy002
  • Bunny8093
  • Calane
  • CactusBlah
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CardStealer1
  • Chapter Surf
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Coaltergists
  • Crap-Zapper
  • cybersai
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Dezeray112
  • Dhragen
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • DJ3DS
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • ED Cantu
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • Flareon
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • heylodom
  • hwrdjacob
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • IvanQuote
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • JohnnySparkxs
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • KirbyDragon
  • Kisae
  • Kokirikory
  • Koori
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LaniusShrike
  • LasermasterA
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Linq
  • Lone (Thirteenth)
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Minato Arisato
  • Mikegamer0608
  • Mishudo
  • MonopolyRubix
  • MorbidAltruism
  • Moydow
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • ParanoidDrone
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Radical Beam
  • Radori
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RegiGygas117
  • Retro gamer
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Roger Smith
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • SanicJan
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • Shog
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • Smash_Handle69
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • SmilingMad
  • Solfiner
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spatman
  • Spazzy_D
  • Spootondorf
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • StrikeBlade
  • SuperBrawler
  • Supersmash777
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • Thekewlusername
  • T-Hell
  • TheRealHeroOfWinds
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • walph
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • WhiteEaglePL
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZarroTsu
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar
Updated. Added in Chapter Serf and Minato Arisato.

(By the way, the reason why I was gone so long was that I decided to take a short break assuming nothing major was going to happen. Now that I was wrong, I don't plan to take anymore breaks. If I have missed you, please tag me.

SoulOfKhaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoulKhaos
I'm not too scared for Isaac, I'm sure Nintendo has already noticed his popularity by now, I think his chance of getting in the game are still high.

It would be nice if thanks to his popularity in Smash, we could get another Golden Sun game. I'm asking too much...

Also @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior you didn't add me to the supporter list :( (Sorry for not asking earlier :p)

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I've added you.
  • _Sheik
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • Amberloo
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • BandannaWaddleDee
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Browny
  • Buddy002
  • Bunny8093
  • Calane
  • CactusBlah
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CardStealer1
  • Chapter Surf
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Coaltergists
  • Crap-Zapper
  • cybersai
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Dezeray112
  • Dhragen
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • DJ3DS
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • ED Cantu
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • Flareon
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • heylodom
  • hwrdjacob
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • IvanQuote
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • JohnnySparkxs
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • KirbyDragon
  • Kisae
  • Kokirikory
  • Koori
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LaniusShrike
  • LasermasterA
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Linq
  • Lone (Thirteenth)
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Minato Arisato
  • Mikegamer0608
  • Mishudo
  • MonopolyRubix
  • MorbidAltruism
  • Moydow
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • ParanoidDrone
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Radical Beam
  • Radori
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RegiGygas117
  • Retro gamer
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Roger Smith
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • SanicJan
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • Shog
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • Smash_Handle69
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • SmilingMad
  • Solfiner
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • SoulofKhaos
  • Spatman
  • Spazzy_D
  • Spootondorf
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • StrikeBlade
  • SuperBrawler
  • Supersmash777
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • Thekewlusername
  • T-Hell
  • TheRealHeroOfWinds
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • walph
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • WhiteEaglePL
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZarroTsu
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'd be fine with just Wolf, K. Rool (or at least Dixie,) and Isaac as the remaining DLC. I think we'll get more, but I'd be happy with just those characters (plus Roy, Mewtwo, Ryu and Lucas.) I want more (I'd love to see Squirte, Ivysaur, and Snake come back, and I'm obviously pulling for Bomberman,) but that would be enough to satisfy me.

I still firmly believe that there isn't just one ballot character, so Isaac's chances should still be good.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'm not too scared for Isaac, I'm sure Nintendo has already noticed his popularity by now, I think his chance of getting in the game are still high.

It would be nice if thanks to his popularity in Smash, we could get another Golden Sun game. I'm asking too much...

Also @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior you didn't add me to the supporter list :( (Sorry for not asking earlier :p)
Well, the reason Camelot said we won't be getting a new GS4 is because of lack of apparent fan demand. If that still holds true now, then Isaac being in Smash DUE to fan demand(from the ballot) and being popular as a result all but guarantees a GS4 to be alongside the package.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, the reason Camelot said we won't be getting a new GS4 is because of lack of apparent fan demand. If that still holds true now, then Isaac being in Smash due to fan demand(from the ballot) and being popular as a result all but guarantees a GS4 to be alongside the package.
Sakurai is going to be a presenter at the Fire Emblem concert. The perfect place to announce Roy. If they are pairing announcements with events, maybe we'll get Isaac at the Golden Sun 4 reveal?!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Isaac wins hands down.

Regardless of the fact that Ike is my favourite character to use in Smash, Isaac with all of his abilities and psynergy, he would beat Ike without breaking much of a sweat.

Pure swordplay, he will have lots of trouble where Ike has an advantage. Although I won't completely discount Isaac since he has Djinn to boost up his stats. Still less than Ike in skill though.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The thing with Fire Emblem characters is their leadership. Isaac can command three other party members who always move as a unit, Ike can command a sizable skirmish force and utilize more advanced strategy. While one on one Isaac has the upper hand in the more likely scenario I think Ike's strategic abilities and retinue size give him the advantage.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The thing with Fire Emblem characters is their leadership. Isaac can command three other party members who always move as a unit, Ike can command a sizable skirmish force and utilize more advanced strategy. While one on one Isaac has the upper hand in the more likely scenario I think Ike's strategic abilities and retinue size give him the advantage.
If we allow armies, we have to allow abilities too. And it's canon that Adepts can wipe out entire armies of people who can't use Psynergy.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I rly hope that Isaac will make it. He has a pretty good chance imo because I see him everywhere in a decent placement like 4-5 or something like that.

I already told my brother and my friends to vote for him and also in our german community Isaac is the most voted character with a total of 14%.

I hope many GS Fans out there are gonna vote for him.I want to see his move-set possiblities so bad.ISAAC 4 SMASH <3333

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
If we allow armies, we have to allow abilities too. And it's canon that Adepts can wipe out entire armies of people who can't use Psynergy.
It's also canon that Fire Emblem lords have led small bands to do the exact same thing when vastly outnumbered and invading a defensive position. Leadership is a very important factor, and the FE lords are very capable of adapting to new circumstances (heck, that's how you recruit most of your party members), even if they aren't familiar with psyenergy (and it's not too far removed from magic so really they should be able to figure it out) they'll probably be able to adapt their strategy to overcome it, though likely not minimise their casualties as much as usual. It's not going to be an easy fight for either side mind you.

I'm not dissing Golden Sun, but leadership is one of any FE lord's main skills and to discount it from the equation discounts a lot of the game source material.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sorry bro, I absolutely love Fire Emblem and Ike is my favourite lord out of all of 'em, and I gotta say, adepts will have a huge advantage here.

Different power scales again.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, if we include armies its a LOT more difficult to manage. Adepts, for example, are extremely powerful versus non-adepts. But FE characters also have the advantage of mages.

I really, REALLY don't care about the idea of including "armies" in this kind of discussion because then it gets extremely complex. 1v1 is a much better comparison.

Here's the best matchup, though: Isaac vs. Shulk. Even with Shulk's visions he still has to be able to combat Isaac's psynergy, so it definitely will get complicated.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Shulk and Isaac is a much more manageable match-up in general as they both fit in the same basic genre, any other match-up will be determined more by the scenario and who's skills it favors the most. I mean even the comparatively weak Mario would have a clear advantage if the battle scenario required incredibly high jumps and precision platforming.

Top Bottom