• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isa Jo, Vote for Him Now on SSB4 website! Both Sin & Punishments Now Storm the Nintendo eShop!

Hong

The Strongest
Wow, gosh. *~* No matter how close it is to release, it is an honour to have you folks supporting Isa all the same.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I've only played the original Sin & Punishment and wanted Saki ever since I saw him in Brawl. I was devastated to see him as an AT in the direct especially without a logo. I would still love to see Isa though. Please add me to the supporter list because I am with ya all the way!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, looks like thanks to Venus, speculation for Isa rises from the ashes. c:

I may as well say it would be interesting to see Isa if he does become DLC, I haven't played Star Successor yet but I may check it out. And since Saki's apparently doomed to eternal AT status Isa may well become the S&P rep.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Voted for Isa! Made sure to mention his moveset capabilities, particularly the use of the gun on his sword/cannonsword, jetpack for air mobility, and traditional hand to hand combat whichheonlyusesforthatonebossfight.I felt like this was pretty important to emphasize, since most people aren't familiar with S&P and would probably see Isa and think "He's blonde with a laser sword...isn't he pretty much Shulk?" Anyway, hoping more supporters will be voting for him!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Count me in as a supporter! It would be great to have a Sin and Punishment character to be playable in Smash.

Hong

The Strongest
Thanks for the tag, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan . I honestly would have never known. When I got an alert from this thread I was like:

Kind of funny. Just today I did that vote thingy for Isa. Cool to know others have done the same.

I'll get around to updating the thread. :)

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Gonna put in a vote for Isa in a bit. We should also try to get the Saki crew on board since their thread got locked earlier.

Hong

The Strongest
So what do people usually do with these kinds of threads these days?

Sorry. While I love Isa and would care more about Smash 4 if here were playable, but as it is I don't really play Smash 4 or care what happens to it. I'm not backing out of my support per se, but I was just wondering if people would prefer if this thread were run by someone more invested in DLC campaigns or whatever goes on in character threads.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
I'm not entirely sure either, but I suppose posing some "what-if" questions could make for some interesting discussion until more news/supporters comes in. i.e, What kind of stage would Isa have, what kind of music would his stage have, what would his reveal trailer be like, etc.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Sorry. While I love Isa and would care more about Smash 4 if here were playable, but as it is I don't really play Smash 4 or care what happens to it. I'm not backing out of my support per se, but I was just wondering if people would prefer if this thread were run by someone more invested in DLC campaigns or whatever goes on in character threads.
Perhaps you can ask one of your supporters or even some of the Saki crowd to be the new thread owner. @ ZeldaFan01 ZeldaFan01 and @~ Valkyrie ~ are some great candidates for that option.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Perhaps you can ask one of your supporters or even some of the Saki crowd to be the new thread owner. @ ZeldaFan01 ZeldaFan01 and @~ Valkyrie ~ are some great candidates for that option.
I'd be glad to. Even if Saki doesn't get the upgrade to playability, we need at least ONE person from S&P to make it into Smash to revive that franchise! What better person than Saki's own son? I support Isa for sure

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

If someone else took over this thread, I'm pretty sure they would become the Star Successor.

Hong

The Strongest
I'd be glad to. Even if Saki doesn't get the upgrade to playability, we need at least ONE person from S&P to make it into Smash to revive that franchise! What better person than Saki's own son? I support Isa for sure
You seem like a prime candidate. I'll get around to it.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
This is the only excuse I have for regretting my ballot vote for Shantae. I'm still happy with this, though, since Saki probably won't ever be considered for a promotion.

TyrantRave

Smash Rookie
NNID
IcedRev
Hey there. I just joined the forums today, but I saw this thread, so figured I should post. I was a big supporter of both Isa and Saki during the Smash 4 pre-release hype, so naturally I support the idea of Isa's inclusion as DLC. You can add me to supporter list I guess.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I haven't really been on, college took over me. Any ideas on how we can revive this thread? You know, it's too bad that he doesn't have much supporters unfortunately...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I haven't really been on, college took over me. Any ideas on how we can revive this thread? You know, it's too bad that he doesn't have much supporters unfortunately...
Eiher moveset ideas other than the one in the OP or just making "Vote for Isa" propaganda (sigs, fan art, ect.) to start some traction. The latter would depend on if the supporters we have her are decent or great at digital software, especially when having Grant George (his English voice actor) share it on his Twitter.

And it appears that our good friend @DragonSniperNintendo had already started pushing for him on his official YouTube channel. We might as well help him out and actually spread it throughout the network since he was great speculator in this community.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Eiher moveset ideas other than the one in the OP or just making "Vote for Isa" propaganda (sigs, fan art, ect.) to start some traction. The latter would depend on if the supporters we have her are decent or great at digital software, especially when having Grant George (his English voice actor) share it on his Twitter.

And it appears that our good friend @DragonSniperNintendo had already started pushing for him on his official YouTube channel. We might as well help him out and actually spread it throughout the network since he was great speculator in this community.
I do have a moveset that I've ben working on, i suppose ill put it up soon
How would we get him to do that? idont have a twitter actually. And How should we help that guy out thats on youtube? that is a great idea

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I do have a moveset that I've ben working on, i suppose ill put it up soon
How would we get him to do that? idont have a twitter actually. And How should we help that guy out thats on youtube? that is a great idea
We can simply create our own version of a sort of image with Isa standing in the middle along with the Smash Bros logo and the Smash Ballot text in the top. The image itself also needs a fancy tagline that would convince anyone unfamiliar with the Sin & Punishme nt games to vote for Isa. A good example would be this one that I've made with the permission to use @Zeldaisy's art.

It would have to look professional and look good before we can simply ask the act to retweet it. That Medusa image that E&H made had already gotten plenty of popularity in Tumblr and Twitter thanks to Cree Summer's involvement. If we were to make something that good, then I'm sure that Grant will got out of his way to do a favor for a group of fans of his character.

As for @DragonSniperNintendo's video, we can simply share it on social media and have plenty of people see it. He's quite the good speaker and speculator, but he rarely gets views or shares whatsoever for some reason (which is why we should use that video to our advantage).

So does this sound like plan?

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
We can simply create our own version of a sort of image with Isa standing in the middle along with the Smash Bros logo and the Smash Ballot text in the top. The image itself also needs a fancy tagline that would convince anyone unfamiliar with the Sin & Punishme nt games to vote for Isa. A good example would be this one that I've made with the permission to use @Zeldaisy's art.

It would have to look professional and look good before we can simply ask the act to retweet it. That Medusa image that E&H made had already gotten plenty of popularity in Tumblr and Twitter thanks to Cree Summer's involvement. If we were to make something that good, then I'm sure that Grant will got out of his way to do a favor for a group of fans of his character.

As for @DragonSniperNintendo's video, we can simply share it on social media and have plenty of people see it. He's quite the good speaker and speculator, but he rarely gets views or shares whatsoever for some reason (which is why we should use that video to our advantage).

So does this sound like plan?
Well, we'd need someone thats good with photoshop, don't know who, do you think you know someone that can put something together like that with relative ease? The tagline could be really simple like "Isa will shoot you down!" or something along those lines. I can share that video though, only my google+ page that is linked to my youtube. So yes it does sound like a plan but we'd need A LOT of people on board with this to really share it on other social media as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, we'd need someone thats good with photoshop, don't know who, do you think you know someone that can put something together like that with relative ease? The tagline could be really simple like "Isa will shoot you down!" or something along those lines. I can share that video though, only my google+ page that is linked to my youtube. So yes it does sound like a plan but we'd need A LOT of people on board with this to really share it on other social media as well.
There are a few people I know that can help like @CitrusRain, @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic , @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , or even myself (Though I can;t really do Artsy Omni levels of editing yet). been pushing myself with the program lately thanks to doing similar requests or projects in the past.

My Twitter and Tumblr are fairly popular and I can easily share with both accounts in order to spread the word. And you are right that we would need the rest of the Isa supporters to do their part since two people doing this plan wouldn't be right. ;)

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Well, apparently Reddit (Smash Bros) is a good place to share the video as well as google+. I'm already getting thumbs up on my post and more already more than 10 people have viewed the video. Hooray! :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, apparently Reddit (Smash Bros) is a good place to share the video as well as google+. I'm already getting thumbs up on my post and more already more than 10 people have viewed the video. Hooray! :)
Great job, this is step one to our plan. Now step two would be having to edit something fantastic to share on Twitter so that his voice actor can help. If we manage to kickstart this plan into high gear, then he might even surpass low voted characters like Kamek and Lana.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I can try something, but I know that @CitrusRain is better than me, and @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 is probably better too.

I'm not that bad, but my works generally are rudimentary, not to say somewhat botched (there's probably tools that I don't know and that would make my life easier).

Anyway, as I'm kinda lazy, I'll use a full picture, instead of an artwork, like I did for Medusa.
And this allows me to support Kachi as an alt costume too :awesome: (still not sure if she would work, have yet to play the game. It's coming soon on the Eshop, right?)

Anyway, here is the picture I'll use:

Edit: So I gave it a try:

Like the thread's title, I used the game's japanese title, it's cooler IMO. Waht do you think, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ?

Oh, also, you can add me to the support list. I may not have played this game, it's Sin & Punishment nonetheless.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyway, here is the picture I'll use:

[/spoiler]

Edit: So I gave it a try:

Like the thread's title, I used the game's japanese title, it's cooler IMO. Waht do you think, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ?

Oh, also, you can add me to the support list. I may not have played this game, it's Sin & Punishment nonetheless.
Two words: Major awesomesauce! I've always viewed this bit of art that would be something fitting for a newcomer image that you;d see on the main site and it truly fits as a "Vote for Isa Jo" poster. The fact that Kachi is there also solidifies that she can be an alt if Isa were to be playable and giving you the option to play as the two. In other words you were quite the help.

Hey @ ZeldaFan01 ZeldaFan01 , what do you think of E&H's work here! :)

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I like your idea of Isa and Kachi like :4robinm::4robinf: It would be the perfect representation of S&P in Smash and I'm sure a lot of people would fall in love with the duo!

I really like what he did with the awesome artwork! It looks official. Now would be the perfect time to share this on Tumblr and then Twitter so the Voice Actor can see it :)

Hong

The Strongest
Commander Deko should be an assist trophy.

Confiscates everyone's shirts, handcuffs them in pairs, and makes them fight each other without Specials.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Commander Deko should be an assist trophy.

Confiscates everyone's shirts, handcuffs them in pairs, and makes them fight each other without Specials.
10/10 Assist Trophy in history.

But wouldn't a shirtless version of the female characters look awkward? :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They stopped caring with Zero Suit Samus.:estatic:
True that, I can see some potential BDS&M material (hetero or yaoi) spawned from that Asssit Trophy. But hey, that's part of the reason why any online fanbase is funny in their own way. :p

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So this assist trophy would be useless on one of Shulk's Alt and various characters like pokemons or Duck Hunt, right? :awesome:

Anyway, if people are ok with the Kachi alt idea, it's cool :awesome: I may repeat myself, but I haven't played the game yet, so I was unsure if it was a good idea, of simply something possible.

Edit: S&P2 is finally out on Virtual Console, so I'll buy it ASAP, as it's cheaper the first week.

Finally I'll be able to really support Kachi :awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom