• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isa Jo, Vote for Him Now on SSB4 website! Both Sin & Punishments Now Storm the Nintendo eShop!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just got done doing to heavy sharing on Tumblr through all three pages with @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic 's Vote for Isa image. Here to hoping that it will be heavily reflagged and liked like the countless Daisy ones I've made so far (And his Vote for Medusa image). :)

But that's not all since we have to be super noisy about his inclusion in order fro people to be more on board for Isa's inclusion (Especially with the existence of the many salty Saki fans that still exist in the fandom). But Isa himself is supposed to be his successor in a way due to how similar both characters are and the son arguably has a bigger chance than his old man due to the uncertainty of AT's getting a promotion for DLC.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan It's so cool of you to do that, we shall see what happens now. By the way have you done anything on Twitter as well? It would be really awesome if Grant George did for Isa, what Cree Summer did for Medusa like you said.

It seems most other Isa supporters on this thread haven't really...said anything and some haven't been on in a while. In a way that is kinda discouraging as we don't know their exact position, but hopefully they've done other things besides voting to increase his chances. We also have to be aware that it doesnt matter how many votes a character has on the ballot, as there is no "winner". So Isa has a good 'a chance as anyone. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan It's so cool of you to do that, we shall see what happens now. By the way have you done anything on Twitter as well? It would be really awesome if Grant George did for Isa, what Cree Summer did for Medusa like you said.

It seems most other Isa supporters on this thread haven't really...said anything and some haven't been on in a while. In a way that is kinda discouraging as we don't know their exact position, but hopefully they've done other things besides voting to increase his chances. We also have to be aware that it doesnt matter how many votes a character has on the ballot, as there is no "winner". So Isa has a good 'a chance as anyone. :)
Just covered Twitter about ten minutes ago and made sure that Isa's VA would have a good look at it. Given his busy schedule, I think Grant would retweet it a few days like like how things went with Reeves (Fiora's VA). Overall, that should be some way of progress for now.

That last statement is true since Sakurai's team will be reviewing every result and choose a few out of the list to be DLC with the others being possible choices for Smash 5. And of course terrible choices like Shrek and Goku will be ignored since they are legitimately impossible choices for Smash. Given that Sakurai is a Sin & Punishment fan himself, he might chance his mind if he sees that there is demand for any character from the games (R.I.P. Saki).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, I tried a bit Isa and Kachi in the first level (had not much time to play)... Is it me or Kachi is easier to play?

Anyway, I realised that she is left handed, so it's another reason to support her :awesome: (although as a costume, she will inherit Isa's moves, and being right handed. I can deal with that, I delt with Right handed Link after all)

Hong

The Strongest
A bit late, but I think Isa and Kachi can indeed be costume swaps.

The thing is, Isa's melee attacks are slashes with his cannon sword, while Kachi's melee attacks are kicks. In a fighting game, this has very different connotations, in that a sword is generally valued because it gives you a disjointed hitbox. For the sake of adaption, Kachi would probably also use the cannon sword in Smash Bros, and they can both do those fancy kicks that Kachi does. Otherwise adapting kicks to match the hurtboxes of sword slashes is a bit awkward. :b
So, I tried a bit Isa and Kachi in the first level (had not much time to play)... Is it me or Kachi is easier to play?
According to Treasure, this is by design. :) Kachi has auto aim and less committed charged attacks (you only need to charge up what you need). However, if you can aim well, Isa deals more damage. Kachi's melee attacks leave her less vulnerable, but Isa has more reach which allows advanced players to burn some enemies down fast by scooping up all those projectiles and sending them back.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, as a costume, I imagine Kachi having the cannon sword. And kicks... Are just kicks. They can be in the normal moveset.
The Back to the future 2 hoverboard needs to be a custom special for the recovery though :awesome:

About S&P, I noticed the autoaim (it's not that hindering) and the charge, but it's good to know about the range and the vulnerability of the melee attacks. I think that I'll do my first playthrough as Kachi. I'm not a huge shoot'em up player after all, so the charge and melee attacks will probably help me a bit.
And Kachi is cooler :awesome:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, as a costume, I imagine Kachi having the cannon sword. And kicks... Are just kicks. They can be in the normal moveset.
The Back to the future 2 hoverboard needs to be a custom special for the recovery though :awesome:

About S&P, I noticed the autoaim (it's not that hindering) and the charge, but it's good to know about the range and the vulnerability of the melee attacks. I think that I'll do my first playthrough as Kachi. I'm not a huge shoot'em up player after all, so the charge and melee attacks will probably help me a bit.
And Kachi is cooler :awesome:
Based on this, you have already fought the **** Keeper Pheonix Keeper already? :troll:

I can get why Nintendo of America had censored the boss's name, but you can easily tell that it looks more like a chicken than a phoenix. Not to mention **** is one of the many nicknames for a chicken despite the dirty connotations that most people would have with the word.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I now have played the underwater level. I don't even noticed the boss name, so I just know that I fought a bird :laugh: Anyway, I'll look up his name in the french version. But I can understand the censorship. ... Wait, does that mean that he actually is the **** Keeper in the japanese version?

Also, I can say for SURE, with the underwater level, that one of the game composer is the same for Mischief Makers.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
...should I make this a Isa & Kachi thread (;
You guys are making it more and more exiting to have the 2 of them in SSB4. I don't even know how likely it would be that they would even think of the 2 of them like :4robinm::4robinf:

Kinda Off topic but how did you guys like the first S&P game? Did you beat it? I can't, I only got to the part with Airan. I think the game is really hard!

Hong

The Strongest
...should I make this a Isa & Kachi thread (;
You guys are making it more and more exiting to have the 2 of them in SSB4. I don't even know how likely it would be that they would even think of the 2 of them like :4robinm::4robinf:
Depends. The current title is really eye catching, with the "Successor of the Universe" tagline, which only applies to Isa. If you use another title, you it needs to be equally as eye-catching, and infer that Kachi is just another skin and not a team-fighter sort of deal.
Kinda Off topic but how did you guys like the first S&P game? Did you beat it? I can't, I only got to the part with Airan. I think the game is really hard!
I loved it, and was one of the few with the privilege to play it before it came to VC. Many times, both single and multiplayer. It really has that kind of arcade feel to it where you can play through it multiple times and never grow tired of it.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
My plan to make it a Kachi thread is working

It can really work, like :4robinm::4robinf:, :4wiifit::4wiifitm: or :4olimar::4alph:. I mean, Alph does use Olimar's ship (don't know if Olimar's ship is in Pikmin 3).

I think that Kachi with the cannon sword isn't weird, even if that makes her right handed (being a costume and having all of Isa moves). After all, they managed to put 8 characters in the same moveset and behavior. Although the Koopalings and Junior are still koopas, of course.
The main problem may be Isa jetpack... Although they already change some things in the characters, like Samus jet boots, or Villager's balloon fight recovery. Not to mention Falcon's made up moveset.

About the first game, I finished it, not without some trouble, when it came out on the wii virtual console. It really was a good experience, and that's why I wanted Saki (and Airan as a costume).
I remember that the subway flashback, and the side scrolling stage in the forest where really hard.

Now, S&P2 seems to be quite similar, I'll just have to adapt to the flying gameplay (although it's a classic Shoot'em up gameplay).

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
@ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic Do you think you can make up a good title then, if you want? I mean your currently playing through the game and I don't really know Isa & Katchi very well as I've never played their game and I only support them for the sake of wanting more S&P content in SSB4....so
And if people do see this as a thread for both of them, they can vote for both of them at the same time in the Smash Ballot (:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hm... The only problem is that I play in french with japanese dialogues, so coming with a title / quote in English will be quite hard :c
I also keep on dying. Just finished the forest level, and I'm going to proceed to the mt Fuji, and this level is already another proof that Kachi is better :awesome: (dat mount)

Oh, also, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan the **** keeper becomes the Condor guardian in French :awesome:

Edit: Also, i'll try to write a moveset (specials only) when I finish the game. Although I already have my idea.

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
It was a great game, though it was a tad bit jarring going back from the vastly improved second one. I actually haven't completed it yet (THE FINAL BOSS, UGGGGHHHH), but overall it was really enjoyable. I do wish more of the characters and story were explained though...Kachua, Brad, and Leda were all interesting characters that never really got much depth aside from some implications here and there.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm starting to wonder how I finished the first game, considering how I'm dying EVERYWHERE.

Stage 5 is so hard. The controls. The mines. Those stupid cactus. THAT CHIMERA.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm starting to wonder how I finished the first game, considering how I'm dying EVERYWHERE.

Stage 5 is so hard. The controls. The mines. Those stupid cactus. THAT CHIMERA.
If you think that's bad, wait until you get to the part when you have to fight the Infant Keeper and try to keep Kachi away from the rising lava at the same time. Hardest level in the game? More like troll move from the developers with a deformed Kraid ripoff to make your life a living hell. :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If you think that's bad, wait until you get to the part when you have to fight the Infant Keeper and try to keep Kachi away from the rising lava at the same time. Hardest level in the game? More like troll move from the developers with a deformed Kraid ripoff to make your life a living hell. :troll:
Don't worry, I know it's going to be even worse as I start dying without bosses :awesome:

Edit: @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan The elevator part with that ugly infant wasn't hard honestly. I just died once because I had almost no health after the train chase.

And goddamit, that train chase IS ridiculous. I even managed to die on the first wagon for some reasons, without the timer...

And Deko was a fun boss, that I didn't find that hard. The pattern was easy to understand. Just the Tekken part that was strangely hard until I mashed the attack button :awesome:

Now, I just I just have to finish the last level in SPAAAAAAAAAACE.

But that will be next week (going in vacations). And when I finish the game, i'll do a moveset! I already have a clear idea, but there's maybe more ideas to take from the last level.
Anyway, I admit that grew fond of Isa and Kachi as Smash fighters, because of the soccer jetpack and the Back to the Future hoverboard :awesome:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
And I allow myself to bump finished the game. Died a lot, but I managed to finish it with Kachi in normal.
Orion Tsang final battle is... It's as stupid as the first battle. You spend your time not harming him (maybe I missed something).
Others were hard (Protect Kachi is just... Hard) but it was fine. The last boss and the protection part were fun!

Really a great game, and I really like the ending theme!
Also, Isa looks really cool once transformed. This alone is a good reason to want him in Smash.

And so... It's moveset time! I imagine Isa as a ranged, aerial fighter.
I'll just do the Special attacks and Final Smash of course.

Down-B: Mode change
Allows the player to switch between Isa playstyle or Kachi playstyle. Affect the Neutral-B and some standard moves.

Neutral-B: Dolphin Gun
Allows the player to fire with the Dolphin Gun. Press B repeatedly to quickly fire Small shots, or charge a bigger projectile.
Isa Mode: Quick fire is like Fox. Charge shot goes straight and inflict good knockback. Aerial shots goes in diagonal (like Sheik's needles / Saki)
Kachi Mode: Quick fire is like Palutena, charge shot actually target oponnents, but is slower and doesn't inflict much knockback.

Side-B: Reflectif Slash
Isa/Kachi slash forward and reflect projectiles. Can do a three hit combo, like Marth's side-B, but have some ending lag.

Up-B: Jetpack / Hoverboard
Isa / Kachi activate their jetpack / hoverboard and start flying around. While flying, they can do aerials and do quick shots. The jetpack have to recharge on the ground, like ROB's Up-B, and you can only desactivate them by landing on the ground.

Final Smash: Ruffian Transformation
Basically an unlimited Up-B, with the ability to charge shots (because the charging animation as a ruffian looks cool)
(I don't think that seeing Kachi transform is THAT weird, as they fuse at one point. If it's too weird, make them just teleport, and reappear as a ruffian)

Oh, also, the costumes should be like this IMO:

Isa
Saki's colors
Deko's Colors
Ruffian transformation colors?
Kachi
Achi's Colors
Airan's Colors
Hibaru's Colors

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And I allow myself to bump finished the game. Died a lot, but I managed to finish it with Kachi in normal.
Orion Tsang final battle is... It's as stupid as the first battle. You spend your time not harming him (maybe I missed something).
Others were hard (Protect Kachi is just... Hard) but it was fine. The last boss and the protection part were fun!

Really a great game, and I really like the ending theme!
Also, Isa looks really cool once transformed. This alone is a good reason to want him in Smash.

And so... It's moveset time! I imagine Isa as a ranged, aerial fighter.
I'll just do the Special attacks and Final Smash of course.

Down-B: Mode change
Allows the player to switch between Isa playstyle or Kachi playstyle. Affect the Neutral-B and some standard moves.

Neutral-B: Dolphin Gun
Allows the player to fire with the Dolphin Gun. Press B repeatedly to quickly fire Small shots, or charge a bigger projectile.
Isa Mode: Quick fire is like Fox. Charge shot goes straight and inflict good knockback. Aerial shots goes in diagonal (like Sheik's needles / Saki)
Kachi Mode: Quick fire is like Palutena, charge shot actually target oponnents, but is slower and doesn't inflict much knockback.

Side-B: Reflectif Slash
Isa/Kachi slash forward and reflect projectiles. Can do a three hit combo, like Marth's side-B, but have some ending lag.

Up-B: Jetpack / Hoverboard
Isa / Kachi activate their jetpack / hoverboard and start flying around. While flying, they can do aerials and do quick shots. The jetpack have to recharge on the ground, like ROB's Up-B, and you can only desactivate them by landing on the ground.

Final Smash: Ruffian Transformation
Basically an unlimited Up-B, with the ability to charge shots (because the charging animation as a ruffian looks cool)
(I don't think that seeing Kachi transform is THAT weird, as they fuse at one point. If it's too weird, make them just teleport, and reappear as a ruffian)

Oh, also, the costumes should be like this IMO:

Isa
Saki's colors
Deko's Colors
Ruffian transformation colors?
Kachi
Achi's Colors
Airan's Colors
Hibaru's Colors
The mode change idea is fun and pretty fitting given that the original game gave you the option to choose different playstyles. I would say more about how great the moveset is, but my girlfriend wants me to drop the phone and get ready for the concert in the main lobby.

Anyways, like what you've did there after experiencing the game yourself E&H. ;)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Not only the game give you the opportunity to have different playstyle (and you can unlock a mode where you can switch the style ingame), but it also reflect the fact that you can autoaim!

Edit: @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , @ ZeldaFan01 ZeldaFan01 , I found some nice S&P1 artworks, such as a young Isa Jo, or a really cool artwork of Airan!
Maybe you know them already, but I thought that I had to share.
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/2265145

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Not only the game give you the opportunity to have different playstyle (and you can unlock a mode where you can switch the style ingame), but it also reflect the fact that you can autoaim!

Edit: @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , @ ZeldaFan01 ZeldaFan01 , I found some nice S&P1 artworks, such as a young Isa Jo, or a really cool artwork of Airan!
Maybe you know them already, but I thought that I had to share.
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/2265145
So that design on Airan's shirt was a horse? Interesting...Oh yeah, that reminds me. There was apparently a Sin & Punishment manga in Japan. It's all in japanese of course, but I thought it'd be cool to post anyway. I believe you can download it under where it says "ATTENTION", and the password for the download should be "kbsp" (without the quotes of course). Or if you don't want to download it but are curious as to what the characters look like in it or the covers, just scroll down on the page. I'm also not sure who's blog this is that got all of this information but, credit to them.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ooooh, really interesting!

It's a shame that the serie isn't bigger, considering all the things around the first game (artwork, manga)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh god, the secret ending.
It may be implied in the game. I may have been spoiled by the Internet. It may be obvious because of Kachi's name.
But it still managed to catch me off guard. Probably because of how she says it.

Anyway, unlocking the possibility to select autoaim or manual for both Isa and Kachi makes my switch mode idea even more logical! :awesome:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Well.. this is not good. I haven't been on in a while… Is anyone still voting for Isa? I vote for both Saki and Isa hoping that at least one to the other will make it in. In fact when I vote for Isa I still vote for Kachi in the same slot.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I'm not mass voting, but Kachi, I mean Isa, is still my second choice for the ballot. If I don't count Ashley from Warioware.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan What happened to that Twitter and Tumblr post/advertisement to vote for Isa?
Not many people reblogged it in the past while my Twitter post had not a single tweet. This is practically the same for my Azura and Ayumi posts as well. I guess this is what happens when not many people know of a great gem like Sin & Punishment.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
It's a bit saddening to think about, as a character from Sin & Punishment (Saki, Airan, Isa, Kachi, ANYONE) is at the top of my list for "most wanted smash character." The ballot isn't over yet though, and it's certainly not too late to attract attention to these characters and get hype flowing for them.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Not many people reblogged it in the past while my Twitter post had not a single tweet. This is practically the same for my Azura and Ayumi posts as well. I guess this is what happens when not many people know of a great gem like Sin & Punishment.
Oohhhh! Well…that is to be expected. I wish S&P and its' characters got as much attn. as oh I don't know, Splatoon? :p That'll be the day.
I hope Isa's fans still vote for him today, if not, then I don't know what will happen to S&P's future. Think about it, if no character ends up being playable and Saki is forever an AT, what will happen to S&P?

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Oohhhh! Well…that is to be expected. I wish S&P and its' characters got as much attn. as oh I don't know, Splatoon? :p That'll be the day.
I hope Isa's fans still vote for him today, if not, then I don't know what will happen to S&P's future. Think about it, if no character ends up being playable and Saki is forever an AT, what will happen to S&P?
Well considering how Treasure doesn't seem to like making sequels and the demand for a sequel doesn't seem very high (not to mention the sales of the second game despite being critically acclaimed), we'll probably be stuck with that troll ending. I'm hoping that at the very least they'll remake the first game, or make some kind of bundle with the first and second.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Well considering how Treasure doesn't seem to like making sequels and the demand for a sequel doesn't seem very high (not to mention the sales of the second game despite being critically acclaimed), we'll probably be stuck with that troll ending. I'm hoping that at the very least they'll remake the first game, or make some kind of bundle with the first and second.
YES. I would love for them to remake the first S&P for the N3DS. They can easily borrow Saki model form brawl and make other characters mach his new art style. I don't really know if remaking it is high on their priority list but I'm sure Nintendo has given it some thought. It would give S&P some much needed attention. They should do it like with Bayonetta: Release an HD (or "3D" if you will) version of the first games with a new one of the franchise. Cross your fingers!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm so happy that both Sin & Punishment games are now on the eShop. More people need to play these games.... Especially ones who like rail shooters and looking for something challenging.

Edit: Also, I'm a supporter of Isa Jo.

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Awesome. Even though I already own the second one physically, I might just pick it up again digitally to show some support. Glad to see the games getting some kind of acknowledgement over here and hell, since more people can play them now maybe a new wave of people that would like to see Isa in smash will show up. Of course, that's just me being hopeful.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Awesome. Even though I already own the second one physically, I might just pick it up again digitally to show some support. Glad to see the games getting some kind of acknowledgement over here and hell, since more people can play them now maybe a new wave of people that would like to see Isa in smash will show up. Of course, that's just me being hopeful.
Believe me, I've already seen more than one post regarding Smash and a Sin & Punishment character in the comment section. Several talked about the idea of Isa or Kachi being playable, some complained about Saki still being an Assist Trophy, and one said that having an English speaking character like Isa as an AT would have been much better than keeping Saki. But the real question is if these people would actually vote for either character in the Smash Ballot.

Top Bottom