• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isa Jo, Vote for Him Now on SSB4 website! Both Sin & Punishments Now Storm the Nintendo eShop!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I knew Saki Amamiya would never get in... I expected this about 3 years ago...

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Since Saki's out of the picture, Isa is now the one whom I'm pushing for. I guess it would make sense for Sakurai to add Isa as opposed to Saki since he is newer. Really in the end I just want someone from Sin & Punishment to be in Smash. There's a bunch of Weapons in Isa's arsenal that Sakurai is able to make a moveset off of. I was hoping that if Sakurai added Isa then his down special would have him switch places with Kachi like he does in his game but, it seems that Sakurai is trying to get rid of the switch mechanic, which is fine since Isa is capable of fighting by himself. Sin & Punishment could also provide an awesome stage, I was thinking that the water tunnel would make an awesome stage to fight on.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I would have preferred Saki because the character design appealed to me more, but with him out of the picture I'm keen to see Isa join the fight. I never got around to finishing Successor of the Sky, but I might one day, at which point I imagine my support would get a little stronger.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
With saki gone, I'm now supporting Isa Jo. Both are really col characters, I just thought saki was more likely due to Sakurai's bias.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I will never pretend I expect Isa as a character, but if they wanted to keep him a secret, it would be awfully silly to spoil it by having the logo in a video completely unrelated to him.

Not sure how competent the folks at Bandai Namco are, but I would never slip up like that, and I am convinced Sakurai wouldn't either. Masahiro Sakurai is many things, and among them is how to deliver the hype.
If this is true, I'll still be on Isa's side no matter what. If Saki's out with a bang, then his son can easily take his place for being more advanced and recent. I wonder if the same thing would happen with Isaac when it comes to Matthew.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
i support isa jo but having an icon unrelated/the smash icon makes sense if they're trying to hide him. It's not impossible, but it's really not that likely either.

also while isa always seemed like the better character option to me, i have to admit there's still something a bit strange about that.

andimidna

Smash Master
When I saw Saki deconfirmed, I was ready to come support Isa...

But then I saw that Smash Bros symbol...
And lost all hope S&P would ever got proper representation.
Now I'm just hoping Isa and Kachi can be assists. I know it's unlikely there will be 3, but I'm confident they'll at least be trophies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't find the smash symbol to be Isa's undoing at all.
It's not like Sakurai is purposedly giving free dead giveaways in his trailers. And a symbol is a dead giveaway.
Remember this guy wants characters from new franchises. And S&P is fairly new, at least to the whole world.

To be honest, Isa is my 4th favorite S&P playable character. :D, after < Kachi < Airan < Saki.
But I support him because I love S&P.
Let's not rule him out just yet. There's still the possibility of him being a hidden character.

Hong

The Strongest
When I saw Saki deconfirmed, I was ready to come support Isa...

But then I saw that Smash Bros symbol...
And lost all hope S&P would ever got proper representation.
Now I'm just hoping Isa and Kachi can be assists. I know it's unlikely there will be 3, but I'm confident they'll at least be trophies.
Nope, sorry. Remaining budget was spent on rendering the trophy of Zero Shirt Deko at the highest level of fidelity possible.

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I was really hoping that with the revival of S&P we would get either Saki or Isa. Aside from Shulk, that was the only other character choice I considered realistic. As a side note, I've often heard that Successor of the Skies "bombed", but I can't find any sales figures. Well, there is the infamous vgchartz, which claims it did better than Punch-Out Wii, but I don't put too much stake in that. Can anyone direct me to a reliable source? I guess it doesn't matter much now, but it at least might shed light on the likeliness of a sequel, which might turn into SSB playable character representation in the fairly distant future.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Successor of the universe? Is he some kind of He-Man thing or something?

Hong

The Strongest
I was really hoping that with the revival of S&P we would get either Saki or Isa. Aside from Shulk, that was the only other character choice I considered realistic. As a side note, I've often heard that Successor of the Skies "bombed", but I can't find any sales figures. Well, there is the infamous vgchartz, which claims it did better than Punch-Out Wii, but I don't put too much stake in that. Can anyone direct me to a reliable source? I guess it doesn't matter much now, but it at least might shed light on the likeliness of a sequel, which might turn into SSB playable character representation in the fairly distant future.
It didn't bomb. It sold more than the developers expected. Which is still not a lot, but honestly better than other software from the company..

I would say VGChartz has been fairly reputable. They consolidate metrics in a form easier for both publishers and consumers alike. They have not had any record of scandal or anything, and have been willing to stand up and explain how they get their numbers whenever they are asked for.

DarkRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoungChief
3DS FC
4098-2758-3357
I never knew Isa had a support thread, it's good to see Sin and Punishment fans around here, however few we may be. I think Sin and Punishment is deserving of a rep, the music, potential for stages and easy to make movesets altogether make it seem like it should be a no brainer. But at the same time, the series is relatively obscure compared to other highly demanded representatives

I actually want two reps, Isa and Deko, and believe me I know the odds of that happening ever are next to zero (maybe in smash bros 7 lol). Any character from this series would be incredible though

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
Hello anybody here...?......

DON"T GIVE UP YOU GUYS, ISA COULD MAKE IT!.... ;_;

If people can still be rooting for Ridley and Krystal theres no reasons why you guys Can't preserver with some Sin and Punishment LOVE ;_;

Take this! as a gift and let it be the beginning of the revival of the ISA SUPPORT THREAD

now i am off to the land of Bayonetta for my final gif....

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
With Takamaru recently getting Assist-Trophied, I've had trouble finding more characters to support for Smash (besides Shulk who's always been my #1). I guess I can come back to one of the characters I used to support heavily a long time ago.

I loved S&P SS, and I thought Isa would be awesome in Smash Bros, but when I learnt that S&P didn't really grow that much popular even after the new game I kinda lost hope for him. But honestly, I think anything is possible for the remaining newcomers now, especially after Takamaru's deconfrmation, who I thought was the game's only potential retro rep that would make sense

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think popularity has been instrumental in the selection of the majority of the characters, so I'm staying positive. :D

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'll still support. I'm a glutton for Sin & Punishment. ;D

(To be perfectly honest, I still like Kachi a bit better than Isa, but I support ANY S&P character either way, so Isa gets my support!)

How do you guys feel about Mt.Fuji as the possible stage for S&P? I think it was one of the best stages in the franchise. :D

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'll still support. I'm a glutton for Sin & Punishment. ;D

(To be perfectly honest, I still like Kachi a bit better than Isa, but I support ANY S&P character either way, so Isa gets my support!)

How do you guys feel about Mt.Fuji as the possible stage for S&P? I think it was one of the best stages in the franchise. :D
If it involves fighting the giant keeper on top of train cars, then I'm 100% for it :)

Hong

The Strongest
Hm. So a S&P2 stage could feature a real place? Well, technically it's actually not the same Earth as ours, so I suppose it shouldn't matter.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hm. So a S&P2 stage could feature a real place? Well, technically it's actually not the same Earth as ours, so I suppose it shouldn't matter.
Weeeell... Pokemon has its Kanto region, and real-life Japan has one too! :D If I'm not mistaken.

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
If Isa's in, I picture him as a very floaty character because of his jetpack.

Press :GCU: he jumps
and press :GCU: :GCU:he'll go straight into a hover.
He can still fire his gun while hovering with :GCB:
and do a charge shot with :GCR::GCB:

He could be kinda like the opposite of Little Mac, except that Isa would still be fairly strong on land with his melee attacks :GCD::GCB:

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
He has a lot to offer as a fighter, and I like that he represents both Treasure and an unexplored franchise.

Would be an absolute delight to have him.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still think that the main reason why Saki had a Smash symbol is because that they didn't want to spoil the fact that there will be some Sin & Punishment content other than him. Because if they did have the symbol, then everybody would have been like "Isa confirmed!" and Sakurai would have been goofed.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I still think that the main reason why Saki had a Smash symbol is because that they didn't want to spoil the fact that there will be some Sin & Punishment content other than him. Because if they did have the symbol, then everybody would have been like "Isa confirmed!" and Sakurai would have been goofed.
Well, devil didn't have a symbol either, and I'm pretty sure we arn't getting tagumon.. Still, I would be thrilled to see isa.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I think a good argument for that then is why show Saki at all? I doubt Sakurai would expect people to be riding on whether or not a symbol is shown for a series to get representation. To be fair though, I would freaking love it if Sin & Punishment got representation either way!

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
I think a good argument for that then is why show Saki at all? I doubt Sakurai would expect people to be riding on whether or not a symbol is shown for a series to get representation. To be fair though, I would freaking love it if Sin & Punishment got representation either way!
If Isa is playable, revealing Saki as an Assist Trophy prior would be genius on Sakurai's part since no one would ever expect him! And we all know how much Sakurai loves his surprises

I just whipped up these color pallets for Isa, check them out!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Those look great. :D Mind if I add them to the first post?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Add me to the supporter list, please. Isa is kinda cute :p

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I dig this idea, would be dope if Isa Jo made it into smash. Count me in mr. Hong!

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Saki was one of my most wanted characters, but since he's still going to be an AT I wouldn't be upset one bit if Isa stepped in as a playable character. I've always liked the idea of having a high flying, gunslinger.

Maybe he'll have jet heels like ZSS.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Holy crap, why haven't I posted here yet? Sin and Punishment is one of my favorite games (both of them) and I would love nothing more than to see Isa or Kachi join smash bros! I kind of assumed they wouldn't be getting a spot after Saki was shown as an assist trophy, but showing a little support never hurt!

Top Bottom