• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is SBB ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeyeth

Smash Cadet
To say something that the majority either haven't recognized or haven't voiced: Brawl is a new game.

Before you say "Well, duh?" Let me explain myself. Brawl being a new game, implies that there are possible new discoveries to be made. Many of the techs that we held dear in Melee weren't learned till much much MUCH later. You see, we've had access to the game for hardly a month now and we're surprised that many of our favored techs are out. Yeah, this bothers me as much as the next competitive player, but the fact remains, we haven't all combed through this as thoroughly as we'd like to you know?

It is IMPOSSIBLE to presume that we'll reach the level of mastery that took years to achieve in Melee in such a short period of time with Brawl. The reason the people who are even remotely disappointed with Brawl is because you're looking through the eyes of a Melee player. Stop that. =P Brawl is indeed a sequel to Melee, but we shouldn't expect everything to remain the same.

I say give Brawl a year, and we'll have more techs coming out of this game than the Embrio can troll.

All in all, I KNOW this game will be equally as competitive (if not more so) than Melee. One of the things that I've noticed that makes me giddy (as many of you have said) Brawl is about mind games. The pure strategy of how a character is played is beyond that of Melee. Melee did have its mind games. Quite a few I might add, but let us view a character like Snake.

Looking at his move set, the possibility of messing with your opponent's head is endless! Set a bomb here, pressure'em to come to ya with grendades. Jump back and NIkita bomb'em..

Now, on topic, Embrio, your complaint of "Yeah, characters may seem different but at the core they're a clone" is pure codswallop. At the core, EVERY character is the same because they're on the same game title and have to follow a certain flow. You're completely ignoring any physics of the characters or what it takes to make them good. Just the fact that an animation looks similar, that they're a clone. I'd personally like to see you make a game following your own BS philosophy and see how far you get.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
So I'm gonna like say that everyone is a clone because all of their up-b's are used to recover.
Yeah I mean GAWD they even cloned Yoshi now! Brawl is much worse than Melee obvobvobv.

well no matter what is in the game people will ALWAYS complain
Halo 3 sucks because it's exaclty the same as Halo 2 but with better graphics. Twilight Princess sucks because it's a wannabe Ocarina of Time and it's too samey, Sonic The Hedgehog 2 sucks because it's the same as Sonic 1 with another character and the stages look a bit different. Melee sucks because there aren't enough landmasters. Mario Kart Wii sucks because it has motorbikes. Megaman ZX sucks because you don't actually play as Megaman. Halo 2 sucks because it's the same as Halo 1 with better graphics. Ratchet and Clank sucks because it's a wannabe Mario. Mario 64 sucks because it's old. Mario Galaxy sucks because it's a wanabe Mario 64.

I am on a ROLL today. (+1 post)

The troll shall get no more feed from me.

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but considering that the online mode is ****, there's no wavedashing and that the game has such a small character roster comprised by mostly clones and only 2 3rd party characters.......I just think this game will fail.

Holy motherload of F.U.CK.....boy...your gonna get your *** flamed :( here you go * Gives Flame shield of magic retribution *

Seriously, listen to yourself..........wow........Extreme fail.

And mostly clones? what the hell are you talking about?:lick:

Zeyeth

Smash Cadet
Yeah I mean GAWD they even cloned Yoshi now! Brawl is much worse than Melee obvobvobv.

Halo 3 sucks because it's exaclty the same as Halo 2 but with better graphics. Twilight Princess sucks because it's a wannabe Ocarina of Time and it's too samey, Sonic The Hedgehog 2 sucks because it's the same as Sonic 1 with another character and the stages look a bit different. Melee sucks because there aren't enough landmasters. Mario Kart Wii sucks because it has motorbikes. Megaman ZX sucks because you don't actually play as Megaman. Halo 2 sucks because it's the same as Halo 1 with better graphics. Ratchet and Clank sucks because it's a wannabe Mario. Mario 64 sucks because it's old. Mario Galaxy sucks because it's a wanabe Mario 64.
Two points. This post officially makes you t3h 1337. Lol!!

Oh and don't forget all the Street Fighters suck cause someone always has a houdouken.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
9 posts, and a thread like this?!?! Did Melee have online, no. Brawll is said to have MORE techs then melee as well. Also I come to my next point YOUVE PRBOBLY NEVR EVEN PLAYED THE GAME. Your incredibly childish to judge a game by a few interviews and some videos. When you play the game, then you can make an OPINION. You almost act as if it were a fact that SSBB sucked (whiich it doesn't, and you can take that up with gimpy). And trust me your prbably (just guessing) about 5 percent of anyone who knows about brawl that thinks it sucks, you proabably wont find anyone who agrees with you on this board, which mean this thread is flame bait.

Brawler

Embrio

Smash Cadet
Well my points have yet to be debunked, so it still remains that bralw is more then likly to fail. Have u guys read the recent 2 start review....point proven.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Well my points have yet to be debunked, so it still remains that bralw is more then likly to fail. Have u guys read the recent 2 start review....point proven.
Morer then likely to fail, are you kidding me?!?! This game will do the opposite of fail, and you can watch as all your theories fall apart in front of you as everyone plays it and it is recognized a great game.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like ur some lil 12 year old kid tryin to prove something. And just for the record that 2 "start" review was from a biased only likes sony and 360 games douche believe me. You can also tell from the noob comments aswell left on that review.

Brawl will surpass melee in so many ways..if u dont like brawl then gtfo and go play melee. I have the biggest feeling once brawl comes out ur gonna come back and take back all this bs ur coming up with..btw i hate threads like this that continue to give brawl ****..brawl is awsome done deal. kthxbai

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Do you speal English?

Or just BWARGHlish?

@the guy with the Italian Flag for an avatar: I see someone has a bit of a temper and fanboy issue. =/

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
AHH! Why are you humoring this guy? It's the most obvious trolling ever, especially the bad spelling. Also, he created an account just to make this topic >_>

super-7

Smash Journeyman
Ike is actually more like roy didn't anything IMO, but if u watch any match vids or consult with any top players u will understand things more clearly.
man what kind of drug are u on clearly u have failed to tell us how all these chars
are cloned.. u have argued with everybody here because u think ike is
a clone of marth, either u dont know what a clone is or your just the biggest
moron ive met. this thread is a fail.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
Well I don't like to repeat myself but there are several reasons why brawl will fail, and I'll list them all.

1.) Online: The only real way to describe this is to call it a joke. Does not support leaderboards or headsets and the netcode is terrible. You can expect a lot of laggy bouts online (although why even bother to begin with))

2.) Superficical gameplay: Sak stated that he intends this to be a game that "u can play with ur family" and its quite obvious given the absence of so many universal subsystems. The game is also teribly slow and incredibly floaty, not to mention it seems the game was deigned with item use in mind....looks like Sak did everything in his power to make sure SBB can't be played competitivly.

3.) Character Roster: Aside from a very small roster we also have a record high amount of clone chars present this time (Luigi,Ike,Lucario,Lucas,TL,Wolf,Falco..ect). Some characters might appear different enough that some might not consider them clones, but at there core these chars still remain clone chars. Not to mention the lack of more 3rd party chars greatly hinders this game appeal IMO.

Personally I believe these 3 aspects to the game will make it a complete failure.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't like to repeat myself but there are several reasons why brawl will fail, and I'll list them all.

1.) Online: The only real way to describe this is to call it a joke. Does not support leaderboards or headsets and the netcode is terrible. You can expect a lot of laggy bouts online (although why even bother to begin with))

2.) Superficical gameplay: Sak stated that he intends this to be a game that "u can play with ur family" and its quite obvious given the absence of so many universal subsystems. The game is also teribly slow and incredibly floaty, not to mention it seems the game was deigned with item use in mind....looks like Sak did everything in his power to make sure SBB can't be played competitivly.

3.) Character Roster: Aside from a very small roster we also have a record high amount of clone chars present this time (Luigi,Ike,Lucario,Lucas,TL,Wolf,Falco..ect). Some characters might appear different enough that some might not consider them clones, but at there core these chars still remain clone chars. Not to mention the lack of more 3rd party chars greatly hinders this game appeal IMO.

Personally I believe these 3 aspects to the game will make it a complete failure.
first of all online u havent even tried yet so you cant say anything about it..it also allows friends from different countries and states/provinces to communicate and play eachother
(this was not in melee)

and your second point is also debunked this is brawl not melee 2.0... the gameplay is different but that does not make it a failure.. it just takes time to get used to. in time
it will get really competitive but its already blooming and its not even out world wide

and your third point about clone characters
look at this guys youtube account
http://youtube.com/user/Infil

he has done character exposes which shows a lay-out of each chars move sure there are
similar moves but there are no clones in brawl and it will not fail now u should read my
post and intake some knowledge.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
AHH! Why are you humoring this guy? It's the most obvious trolling ever, especially the bad spelling. Also, he created an account just to make this topic >_>
Listen to this man, this is most likely one of the more notorious SRK trolls. Same style, similar name, affected typing; dollars to donuts it's him.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
the game is amazing. i got it yesterday and played with friends 9 hours straight. people just like to complain for some reason.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
first of all online u havent even tried yet so you cant say anything about it..it also allows friends from different countries and states/provinces to communicate and play eachother
(this was not in melee)

and your second point is also debunked this is brawl not melee 2.0... the gameplay is different but that does not make it a failure.. it just takes time to get used to. in time
it will get really competitive but its already blooming and its not even out world wide

and your third point about clone characters
look at this guys youtube account
http://youtube.com/user/Infil

he has done character exposes which shows a lay-out of each chars move sure there are
similar moves but there are no clones in brawl and it will not fail now u should read my
post and intake some knowledge.
The simple fact that there will be no leaderboards or supported headsets couple with the terrible netcode will IMO certianly cripple the online mode (I doubt it will even be anything worth getting into). I am well aware that this game is not Melee 2.0, but the game was clearly designed as a"party game"with item use in mind....look at all the lacking universal sub systems. Gameplay impressions have already confirmed the game iss float and slow compared to melee. Now as for the clone chars, well just because they have different animations does not debunk the fact that they are at there core clone chars....I dont know how many times I have to say that before it sinks in.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
The simple fact that there will be no leaderboards or supported headsets couple with the terrible netcode will IMO certianly cripple the online mode (I doubt it will even be anything worth getting into). I am well aware that this game is not Melee 2.0, but the game was clearly designed as a"party game"with item use in mind....look at all the lacking universal sub systems. Gameplay impressions have already confirmed the game iss float and slow compared to melee. Now as for the clone chars, well just because they have different animations does not debunk the fact that they are at there core clone chars....I dont know how many times I have to say that before it sinks in.
its not going to sink in because there aren't any clones... some moves are the same but
there is no official clone everyone in this topic has said it numorous times
why wont it sink into your head.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Oh my God. Will people stop feeding trolls and will a mod please lock this topic?

And I know the irony of posting in this thread, but I just can't believe how gullible some people are.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
The only people who are trolls are the people who post in this topic saying"don't feed the troll", wither you contribute to the conversation and topic or u GTFO. Just because I have a difference of opinion doesn't mean this thread should be closed, as a competitive play I have a right to complain and point out some issues I have with this game.

Morphie

Smash Rookie
Listen to this man, this is most likely one of the more notorious SRK trolls. Same style, similar name, affected typing; dollars to donuts it's him.
He is the SRK troll. Most certainly. Same language, same bad typing, same absurd arguments. The only remedy is to place him on your ignore list. He won't stop even if you stop responding.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
nope, i mean i think this is going to obviously be the greatest game for the wii, and the greatest smash bros. game to date..i mean just look at all the characters, game modes, wifi, graphics, music, stage builder, etc. how can you be disappointed? and do not say because Megaman or Krystal didn't make it.

courte

Smash Lord
man brawl fails because it's not melee is basically what i'm seeing on the first page... THAT is the fail mindset

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
And here I though all the sadness wore off. Brawl looks amazing and the mechanics are looking quite deep and people are just trying to as good as possible right now. Brawl ain't ruined at all.

Zevox

Smash Lord
This is a matter of opinion, not fact. You may not like the online because it lacks those things, and thats fine for you. I personally wouldn't even use them if they were offered, so I don't care about them, making the online seem perfectly fine for me. Neither one of us is objectively right there, its just a matter of different tastes.

Embrio said:
I have no idea what you're talking about with half of this. If you've seen the videos it should be obvious Brawl is not much slower than Melee. Perhaps if you're accustomed to the ridiculous speeds that l-canceling and bugs like wavedashing got it to move at it may seem so, but to most people the difference will hardly be noticeable. As for whether it can be played competitively, thats a topic for people who care about it to respond to, so since I don't, I won't. I'll only state that even if it couldn't, that wouldn't make it a bad game, since competitive play accounts for only a very small percentage of all SSB fans out there.

Embrio said:
3.) Character Roster: Aside from a very small roster
35 characters, 39 with transformations, is a very small roster? Wow, you must have thought Melee's roster was miniscule, and the original's so small it wasn't even worth touching. :rolleyes: Just because people had their hopes up for more doesn't mean the roster we got is too small.

Embrio said:
we also have a record high amount of clone chars present this time (Luigi,Ike,Lucario,Lucas,TL,Wolf,Falco..ect).
As people have been repeatedly telling you, neither Ike nor Lucario is a clone. I even gave you a complete breakdown of Marth and Ike's moves to prove it, and you have ignored this. The fact of the matter is, Brawl has fewer clones than Melee, and those that it has are far and away more differentiated from their originals than in Melee. Ignoring this fact and insisting it is wrong without giving any counter-evidence to back up your claim is not going to prove a point, it is only going to make you look like a fool.

Embrio said:
Some characters might appear different enough that some might not consider them clones, but at there core these chars still remain clone chars.
And this makes no sense whatsoever. You're essentially saying that even if characters are different, they're still the same, which is a complete logical fallacy, and one you've yet to either explain or back up in any way, shape, or form.

Embrio said:
Not to mention the lack of more 3rd party chars greatly hinders this game appeal IMO.
Hold up - Brawl is the first SSB game to include any third party characters at all. One of those it includes was the single most requested character for the game, Sonic. And you're complaining because it doesn't have more? This is absolutely ridiculous. Including Snake and Sonic is not going to hinder its appeal at all (save to the small handful of "purists" who want SSB to be a pure Nintendo game), only heighten it. Theres no reason it would be otherwise.

Zevox

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
The simple fact that there will be no leaderboards or supported headsets couple with the terrible netcode will IMO certianly cripple the online mode (I doubt it will even be anything worth getting into). I am well aware that this game is not Melee 2.0, but the game was clearly designed as a"party game"with item use in mind....look at all the lacking universal sub systems. Gameplay impressions have already confirmed the game iss float and slow compared to melee.

Leaderboards would be flawed right from the beginning anyway,with cheaters and rank ups(nerds using friends/extra Wii's to gain unfair amounts of kills over deaths),the system wouldnt be anything better and gives "other hardcore players..yawn" something new to complain about.So yea,online rank is of very little matter with that statment alone.Ask any moderator why they go to tournments in person for "Rank/Money" and theyll tell you the same thing.Harassment is also a known factor and I dont understand why thats a surprize given the fact that they said they didnt want people to pair up with others that gonna say dumbsh.it to put others down,thus giving the player a new topic to worry about.

Its bugs me to question if you ever seen/been on Xbox Live to hear the things random *** people say. :embarrass Iam for one gald Nintendo is not supporting headsets,and is leaving that option for the "extreme hardcore" alike.I have one word if youll die if you cant hear what ther other person saying..Ventrillo.

And as for the speed comparsion,they did it so others out there have time to think.The faster thinker is still gonna kick your *** reguardless on what techs been removed.Why you think some of the moderators are still owning it up?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
OMG I h8 brawl isaac isnt in and ROB is wtf!!! Who cares if ROB saved video games tough isaac is more importent cause we need 2 rep golden sun!!!!

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Do you really care about leaderboards? Melee was designed to be a party game too but we made it competitve. We'll do the same for brawl. Item use was obviously in mind for Melee.

Guess what? CLONES ARE A STAPLE OF FIGHTING GAMES. The only clones in Brawl are Toon Link and Ganon. Lucas has completely different A moves, as does Luigi and Wolf. Falco has some of his own move this time around (Fair, Nair, F-smash, Down B, Up tilt, AAA jab etc.) so you can consider him a semi-clone. Most fighting games have MUCH more clones. Look at street fighter. Toon Link and Ganon still play very differently from there counterparts by the way.

Also, different animations are what make them different moves! Christ. By your logic Mario has the same up Smash as Fox but with a different animation. Samus has the same Up B as Mario!!!!

God you're a *******.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Well anyone can say what they want but essentially the game does have a record high amount of clones, we have Luigi,Ike,Toon Link, Gandorf,Wolf,Falco,Lucas and that new pokeman dude. The online mode does not even support leaderboards or headsets, and once u exclude the clone chars all u have is 27-28 chars of real characters. Thats only 3-4 more then melee....quite a small roster indeed.
Just read this and had to post: Are you ********? Luigi is NOT a clone, not even close, as he has completely different moves. Same goes for Ike, Wolf, Falco, and Lucas. That's ok; they come from the same games and you might think so before playing them. Then I came to "that new pokeman dude." I have no idea which you are talking about, but none of them are close. If you're talking about Lucario being a clone of Mewtwo, I pity you and please go play the game. If you are talking about any of the others, you are stoned out of your mind. Toon Link and Ganondorf are still, regretfully, clones in my opinion, even though they have a completely different feel than their originals. I agree with you about leaderboards and headsets, however in your comparison to melee you seem to not be taking into account the clones in that game. There were MANY clones in that game - Roy, Young Link, Falco, Pichu, Doc, Ganondorf, and maybe more. You obviously haven't played or even SEEN the game, so please keep your foolishly biased opinions to yourself. There are 14 new characters in this game - if that's not enough for you, go play Mugen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom