• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is SBB ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
We have had our share of complaints with SBB that we eventually overlooked and decided to acept. It seemed the game was gearing up to be quite a impressive piece of work, but after reading the recent interview with Sak on 1up.com I must say the game is a far cry from what fans has intially hoped for. I don't want to seem over dramatic but does anyone else get the feeling brawl will not deliver on the same level melee did?

Embrio

Smash Cadet
Yeah but considering that the online mode is ****, there's no wavedashing and that the game has such a small character roster comprised by mostly clones and only 2 3rd party characters.......I just think this game will fail.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Uh... Well I haven't played a Smash in years. Will be great to me.

-Onyx
I agree.

Is anyone else getting tired of all of these "Do you think the game might suck? :confused::confused::confused:" threads?

I certainly am.

Edit: Op, do you honestly think "THe game is mostly clones? youre an idiot if you think that. THere is only one real clone, and thats Toon Link.

Ness is SO different than Lucas, think Wolf & Fox. Very different A moves.

The roster is not small. Wanting it larger would overcomplicate things.

The online is not ****. Nintendo isnt overly skilled at online, nor do they like it, but it is not **** online. if it was, noone would use it, and people do.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but considering that the online mode is ****, there's no wavedashing and that the game has such a small character roster comprised by mostly clones and only 2 3rd party characters.......I just think this game will fail.

wow, you fail as a troll.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
You are the reason most people hate competitive players.

"No wavedashing"
"Small roster, mostly clones"

Brawl will be amazing. Its metagame and playstyle will develop differently from Melee's, with a new focus on different parts of the game. However, it seems that there are so many small nuances in the game mechanics (such as knockback from spammed attacks, etc.), that Brawl will run very, very deep. And generally, the deeper a game, the better its competition.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
LOL brawl fail? i dont think its anywhere near failing. melee had worse everything:
-less characters
-more clones then brawl
-less stages
-less items
-no final smashes
-no online play whatsoever
-i didnt like wavedashing seemed kinda glitchey guess thats why they took it out
-big deal brawl has 2nd party characters can you think of any better characters that are pure nintendo?

IMO brawl will be FAR superior to melee.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
Well anyone can say what they want but essentially the game does have a record high amount of clones, we have Luigi,Ike,Toon Link, Gandorf,Wolf,Falco,Lucas and that new pokeman dude. The online mode does not even support leaderboards or headsets, and once u exclude the clone chars all u have is 27-28 chars of real characters. Thats only 3-4 more then melee....quite a small roster indeed.

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
This is so childish

The majority of players who have played brawl only a couple times, and have only played a few matches will get frustrated and will see melee as the greater game. I was once in that shoe, when i first got the *** brawl on my own wii console. I was thinking how the dynamics of the game could compare, seeing some of my awesome mains depreciate (falcon's knee connecting with another character is more difficult) in fluidity and talent. I just think that, anyone who doubts brawl, should sit down with the game and play for at least 10 hours, whether it be SSE or vs mode, and then make the final call there. I was really shocked by the game at first thinking oh man this isn't THAT fun, but boy, playing it just now, it feels so refreshing and superior.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
...OP's last post confirmed it...

Don't feed the troll, guys. (I know, I'm a hypocrite now, forgive me)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
The game isnt even out in NA yet holy **** kid.

No DLC =/= ruined, it would have been extra.

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
"No wavedashing"?
You mean no L cancelling... right?
Wave dashing was used and needed way less than L - Cancelling. If there is any reason that Brawl will fail, its that there is no L - Cancelling. I have a different opinion however.

Brawl is a completely new game. Maybe speed isn't a major component in it. Take Snake and Olimar for example. The complexity and the indeph"ness" of their moves can lead into more strategy, mindgames and intelligence components. I say Brawl won't be as fast paced as melee, but it will still be a really competitive and fun game to play

-Byron D

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well anyone can say what they want but essentially the game does have a record high amount of clones, we have Luigi,Ike,Toon Link, Gandorf,Wolf,Falco,Lucas and that new pokeman dude. The online mode does not even support leaderboards or headsets, and once u exclude the clone chars all u have is 27-28 chars of real characters. Thats only 3-4 more then melee....quite a small roster indeed.
lol @ clones.

Darth Vaultous

Smash Rookie
this game won't suck, it will be awesome. it was a few years before we found wavedashing so give brawl a few years before you say it sucks.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
wolf isnt a clone watch some vids, he looks similar but he is actually fairly different.
the same goes for falco he uses different moves as well.
lucario isnt a clone because mewtwos gone and lucario is fairly different then mewtwo.
if you were talking about pokemon trainer when u meant that then ur crazy...
luigi is also changed in his moves.
who cares the online stinks its better then nothing at all.

brawl is an excellent game and im looking forward to it.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Obvious trolling/10

Go back to GameFaqs, or that other place, you know, the butt-hole of the internet? Wherever you came from, you're not welcome here.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Why do so many people b*tch about it being less technical than melee? In melee you were only good if you new all the tech skills, mostly involving moving and dodging. In Brawl, without wavedashing and stuff it will be actual fighting and skills, not a fancy method of sliding

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Ike? Congratulations, I doubt anyone will ever take you seriously on this board again.

elastickub

Smash Cadet
wow man i can rap up this whole thread JUST WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT i mean dude u got like 17 more days then u can start throwing judgement at it thats what im gona do

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Clones there is no clon except toon link and he still plays diffrent then regular Link, the others you listed have singnificant diffrences enough to make them a unique character. Also where do you get Lucario as a clone name a character that even has close to him movesets.

there is only one thing I can say about this thread

illphil

Smash Apprentice
this game won't suck, it will be awesome. it was a few years before we found wavedashing so give brawl a few years before you say it sucks.
x2. I don't get why so many people are trying to convince the masses that this game sucks. It's not going to suck. Maybe it won't be the #1 game of the century but it's not gonna suck. It's like saying a Ferrari is a sh*tty car

orintemple

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that Brawl has already not failed.

There is a bunch of people who already play it... so I don't think failure is a worry anymore.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
...You're joking right? This thread is a joke... right? Please tell me you're not really serious.

Yeah but considering that the online mode is ****
Brawl: Online, **** when far away, fine when close by, but it has it regardless
Melee: No online

Winner: Brawl

the game has such a small character roster
Brawl Roster: 35 (39 counting transformations)
Melee Roster: 25 (26 counting transformations)

comprised by mostly clones
..."mostly"? The word "mostly" would imply more than half of the roster. That would mean that there would have to be at least 18 "clones" to hold a majority. There are 5 that I count. That's 14%. Melee had 6. Melee had more on a smaller roster, AND they were more "clonish" than Brawl's. Have you looked at Wolf and Falco's moves?

and only 2 3rd party characters.......
Brawl 3rd Party Characters: 2
Melee 3rd Party Characters: 0

...I just think this game will fail.
Sir, Brawl doesn't fail. You fail. Your one logical argument is wavedashing. That's it. You failed all the others, and yes, that's "mostly" your whole argument that just got Falcon Punched into the ground. Let's not even get started on the graphics, levels, music, trophies, stickers, etc.

/thread

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
He called IKE a clone... that is the epitome of troll.

That or he knows less about the game than the people at IGN, and to comment like that with such a lack of knowledge is pathetic on the worst levels.

elastickub

Smash Cadet
This is so childish

The majority of players who have played brawl only a couple times, and have only played a few matches will get frustrated and will see melee as the greater game. I was once in that shoe, when i first got the *** brawl on my own wii console. I was thinking how the dynamics of the game could compare, seeing some of my awesome mains depreciate (falcon's knee connecting with another character is more difficult) in fluidity and talent. I just think that, anyone who doubts brawl, should sit down with the game and play for at least 10 hours, whether it be SSE or vs mode, and then make the final call there. I was really shocked by the game at first thinking oh man this isn't THAT fun, but boy, playing it just now, it feels so refreshing and superior.
See i can hang with this guy

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Feeding a troll here. How many characters do you need in a fighting game, look at marvel vs capcom 2, they have like a billion characters and how many are used? Sucky online mode? Were lucky to even get an online mode. Pokeman dude, its obvious that you are trying to troll. But youre trying a little too hard, creating an account just to post about how brawl will fail. I think instead of brawl being fail, you are full of fail. GB2YTMND/gaia/ wherever you trolls are born.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The fact is we the hardcore fans have more or less been spit in the face for the 90% of people who just play the game "casually". In other words Nintendo sold out it's biggest fans for profit.

Edit: I feel better for randomly spewing this.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
He called IKE a clone... that is the epitome of troll.

That or he knows less about the game than the people at IGN, and to comment like that with such a lack of knowledge is pathetic on the worst levels.
Agreed. And Pokemon Trainer? Wtf? Even Luigi is about as far from a clone as you can get now. What do he and Mario actually share anymore, the tornado move?

Seriously, request to lock/delete/whatever this topic. He knows about as much about Brawl as he does how to perform brain surgery.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Melee didn't have an online mode at all, no third party characters, even more clones and
it was fantastic... no wavedashing? Who cares, it doesn't need wavedashing to be
competitive, all it needs is competition...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
We have had our share of complaints with SBB that we eventually overlooked and decided to acept. It seemed the game was gearing up to be quite a impressive piece of work, but after reading the recent interview with Sak on 1up.com I must say the game is a far cry from what fans has intially hoped for. I don't want to seem over dramatic but does anyone else get the feeling brawl will not deliver on the same level melee did?
I don't really think you could considering the game a failure on any level.

For the most part as far as Nintendo is concerned, it will be successful sales wise. I know about 40+ people who are getting the game the day it comes out and this is in a small Nebraska town in the middle of nowhere XD

You're other reasoning makes no sense:

Headset = Nintendo hasn't developed one and the Wii doesn't have the Firmware currently to make it active. It is not a game developers job to make Hardware peripherals for their game.

Clones = Really I can't see most of the characters as clones, from what I can tell your not looking at the full picture. Ike? Lucario? Are you serious these two only remotely have similar to other characters. Lucario doesn't fight anything like Mewtwo and Ike doesn't fight anyway like Marth does the animations aren't even similar.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
dude your calling 35 a small roster, thats comprised of clones... there are no clones and
just because wavedashing is out your saying the game fails.. sorry but it takes
more skill then wavedashing to win a match so how can u even say ssb will fail
when u havent even played.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
the game is a far cry from what fans has intially hoped for.
Even if people got everything they asked for they would still want more.

The game is already overflowing with content and still people complain. Frankly what fans "hoped for" is unattainable.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
I like how no one you mentioned is actually a clone.

- Luigi = one who started "luigified", as in not a clone but somewhat similar
- Ike = no way in hell like Marth
- Wolf =/= a clone, at all, except maybe B moves to an extent
- Falco = luigified
- Ganondorf = luigifed
- Lucas = different A attacks than Ness, similar B moves
- Toon Link = luigifed
- Lucario (if that's who you mean) =/= Mewtwo at all except for his neutral B moves

Learn what a clone is, please.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
So I'm a troll for having a opinion, or because I've touched on some truth that you are all to afraid to admit. Regardless of the differences, all the characters I mentioned are clone characters. They might have different animations with certain attacks, but they are at there core"clone characters". When u subtract the amount of clone characters you are left with 26-28 real characters as I've mentioned before, sure its bigger then melee but is it really by that great of a margin.

If u read the interview with Sak u will understand how wonky his logic is as it relates to online. The **** he was speweing was disgusting, plus the exclusion of 3rd party characters so he will not over saturate the roster with "non nintendo characters" is complete BS.....I guess having a record high amount of clones chars is better huh Sak.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Well anyone can say what they want but essentially the game does have a record high amount of clones, we have Luigi,Ike,Toon Link, Gandorf,Wolf,Falco,Lucas and that new pokeman dude.
You seem to be very misinformed about the game's clones. Ike most certainly is not one - he has a few moves similar to Link, and a couple similar to Marth, but only one truly identical one to anyone (Counter), and is otherwise utterly unique. With the Pokèmon comment I can only assume you think Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo (since it is even less logical to think PT is a clone of anyone), which he is not even close to, since the only move they have in common is Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball, and even that works a bit differently on Lucario - and even if it were otherwise, the fact that Mewtwo isn't in Brawl would render this moot, since its pretty tough for a clone to seem cloned if his original isn't around to compare him to.

And beyond them, the clones are mostly Luigified, often heavily. Lucas and Wolf share very little with their originals - only one standard move, three special moves (which all have significant physics differences to boot), a final smash, in both cases. Falco has a fair number of original moves now, leaving him perhaps only half cloned. Heck, Luigi himself has even gained a little uniqueness with Mario changing his Mario Tornado with FLUDD and Luigi retaining the Luigi Cyclone. Only Ganondorf and Toon Link are so little different from their originals that they could be considered true clones.

So, if you do quick a count of clones and compare to Melee, you get 4 Luigified clones (Luigi, Lucas, Wolf, Falco) vs 1 (Luigi) and 2 true clones (Ganondorf, Toon Link) vs 6 (Ganondorf, Doc, Pichu, Falco, Roy, Young Link). Total is 6 with two-thirds Luigified to 7 with only one Luigified, making Brawl many times better than Melee in that regard.

Zevox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom