• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's

FBM

Smash Apprentice
No worries bro, I'll play u again eventually, but the stuff I need to learn is more fundamental than the samus matchup (maybe I worded my first post poorly - I am really, really new to melee), so if I'm gonna play, it's better to do it at tim's when I can hog a tv.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Oh yeah? I can always help you out if you need it. I'm not the best here but I'm pretty good. If I seemed to be bragging, I apologise. I'd like to play you though, I like playing lots of different people.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Just so everyone knows... if any of this information becomes obsolete due to metagame changes during my absence, PM me explaining after discussing it here or something.

Thanks.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I tend to look at all of these "help guides" like the Bible.

It is really old texts written by some knowledgeable people. If you take them literally, then you might end up ****ing yourself. If you get the gist and overall idea of it, you can't go wrong.

Or, at least, that's just the way I see it. Or something like that.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Oh yeah? I can always help you out if you need it. I'm not the best here but I'm pretty good. If I seemed to be bragging, I apologise. I'd like to play you though, I like playing lots of different people.
Knowing you only play Samus, if we end up playing in tournament I will be sure to go my old main on you, my last one before Samus. I will give you a hint, the Character has the WORST Down-B in the game, unless you're DarkMusician.:laugh:

But for friendlies practicing Samus ditto's sounds okay. =P

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Knowing you only play Samus, if we end up playing in tournament I will be sure to go my old main on you, my last one before Samus. I will give you a hint, the Character has the WORST Down-B in the game, unless you're DarkMusician.:laugh:

But for friendlies practicing Samus ditto's sounds okay. =P
Worst down B... Sheik? :chuckle:
Our samus dittos were lulzy. You've got a good samus though

AIDS

Smash Lord
Worst down B... Sheik? :chuckle:
Our samus dittos were lulzy. You've got a good samus though
Yeah thanks man, you too. I should practice my floaty game before the next tournament so we can have better ditto's. same thing with Chocolatethunda, he knows I am better then him but our matches are noob cause my floaty game is poor.

How ever I do perform well on fast fallers, but I should rely less on my secondarys for double blind situations, and also for Samus bragging rights. Against Wilfred i beat him 7:2 but those matches, i was not Samus, I went fox. ;)
Lol keep it up though, we will have better matches next time! Coming for Feb 27th?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Yeah thanks man, you too. I should practice my floaty game before the next tournament so we can have better ditto's. same thing with Chocolatethunda, he knows I am better then him but our matches are noob cause my floaty game is poor.

How ever I do perform well on fast fallers, but I should rely less on my secondarys for double blind situations, and also for Samus bragging rights. Against Wilfred i beat him 7:2 but those matches, i was not Samus, I went fox. ;)
Lol keep it up though, we will have better matches next time! Coming for Feb 27th?
I'll try to make it. I'd like to, but I'm not 100% positive I CAN make it. But I'll see :dizzy:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I love Metroid Metal as well. : D Stemage is sooooo good.

Also, I like Samus, but it seems I'm not.. Patient enough for her. I like to jump around and get to my opponents quickly, not be floaty. Haha. Although the case would be the same with Luigi, but I just wavedash with him because its fun to wavedash with him.

Wait I just noticed something. Maybe I SHOULDN'T jump as Samus. xDD [Well, often I guess]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And sadly I like to be in the air alot. Maybe because I like lcancelling and quick attacks. I am not sure haha.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm sure the cop will buy that excuse. "Dude she was asking for it! I mean, she ****ing jumped, that's like an open invitation right there!"
Exactly! Very true in the court of law. Can't **** the willing now can you?:laugh:

Pikachu has lcancels and a Quick Attack =D
Quick attack Cancle? OMG SOUNDS LIKE ITS LEADING TO BRAWL....end that before it gets to far.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Exactly! Very true in the court of law. Can't **** the willing now can you?:laugh:

Quick attack Cancle? OMG SOUNDS LIKE ITS LEADING TO BRAWL....end that before it gets to far.
Actually you asking that sort of landed it close to leading to brawl, because now I am pondering "Theres a quick attack cancel in brawl? lol wut?"

Haha. Good one tho, Bun bun. But nah, I'm satisfied enough with my lcancels in melee. :3

AIDS

Smash Lord

AIDS... I hope you decide to team with me afterall.
I'm looking forward to double Samus
Very Likely, you better bring your game son! I am back up to par as I was before so I expect a fun, well performed Samus ***** team. But you must pass the test to join me in doubles son!
....Think of a cool team name for this Double Samus team. (others, feel free to suggest) :laugh:

Actually you asking that sort of landed it close to leading to brawl, because now I am pondering "Theres a quick attack cancel in brawl? lol wut?"

Haha. Good one tho, Bun bun. But nah, I'm satisfied enough with my lcancels in melee. :3
If this was like facebook, I would like this post.
do you or aids have any tournament videos?
i'm curious
I have a phew matches posted but they are SO OLD!! I tied with noobking in 7th place at the last tournament I went to. I will try to get some good stuff recorded at this tournament though on April 3rd, I am just coming out of a 6 month + retirement and I am almost back up to my level before I quit, so I expect to do better this tournament and also there is a huge one on May 15th/16th with a ton of "Maybes" from some high level players like m2k, dashizwiz, etc. Look it up. in BC, Canada at SFU(Burnaby) on May 15th and 16th. Had a cool name like "Canada plays melee, not Brawl" or something like that! :laugh:

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
AIDS bro we gotta get our team matches recorded! I got a splitter, but I don't have a recording device, so hopefully someone else does if you don't.

EVERYONE THINK OF A NAME :chuckle:

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
And btw TheLifeRuiner, almost everybody on this **** island plays brawl so I am going to more mainland tournies... That's where AIDS is at

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
use y to jump
shoot a missile immediately after you jump
IMMEDIATELY
and another just before you land

Geist

Smash Master
I use Y too.
Just fire the first missile as soon as you can. Focus less on the timing of the second one, because it's just a normal MC. Just get the first one out there.
When I first started to try Double Missiling it was really tricky, but as soon as I got the pattern it's cake. I don't think I've messed up a double missile in like 3 years.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Well I've always used X, so I never got outta the habit.
But it doesn't change alot... I still play relatively fast :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dislike to the extreme!!!
No Bawrl allowed in here son!
Uh uh! YOU brought it up first, dawg. ;3 Maybe you intentionally want barwerl here but want someone else to bring it out. And why facebook and not here? Shouldn't it be both?

I JUST LIEK LCANCELS MAN. THATS IN MELEE SON

Top Bottom