• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intimikill - Norman, OK (December 5th)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I like the idea of Iron Man matches. I'm willing to do them with anyone, not just Chad.
Forward: $10 3/5 regular tourney rules sound good?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I can only make it for one day

Where's the nearest airport? And can I get a ride to and from plus housing? I know, I ask for a lot.
will rogers airport, and someone will pick you up for sure. we've got more people stepping up for housing, you'll most likely be with zinth or sars or someone else right on campus. :D

i'll start posting housing later today, if people don't see their names/state up for housing by tomorrow and require it, better speak up

I want iron man matches.

5 characters each. 4 stock each. Rules are like a crew battle cept by yourself.

For each stock you have remaining your opponent owes you that many dollars.
scud and i once did that but with the entire cast. we drafted characters, 13v13 XD was so fun

no one has agreed to a MM vs me yet :(
$2 my ness vs anything except peach/sheik
$2-5 my sheik against anything
any takers?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
****, a melee tournament. I havent played you fools in forever, Im probably rusty. You guys need to hit me up and we can smash with like 3 tvs at my house. Unfortunately I cant do the STD anymore, but I can still have like 7 people over.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
*Rubs eyes, realizes he's not seeing things...*

Is that Rasta?!? Naw, that scrub doesn't post anymore, he ain't ready.

Wassup, playa? Marc says he can still whoop your ***, and he doesn't even play anymore!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Haha, well that scub better think again. Ive been playin melee nonstop since it came out, brawl sucked ******, so I continued to play melee. Hope you guys dont mind me taking your money.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
babac, you better be coming to this :D
melee ohsnaps wouldn't have existed without you and pablo

5 weeks away, peeps better practice their ***** off.
and be sure to re-read the stage lists. OK likes to counter-pick extremely cheaply.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Yup, Nuetral and counterpick stages have all been on random for Id say about the last year. The game starts to get boring when you play the same things over and over.

Ill definitely try and come to this, my job (best buy) doesnt allow me to ask for days off during the holiday season. So either Ill have it off or I can get somebody to cover for me, but Ill definitely do my best to be here.

Handorin

Smash Hero
babac, you better be coming to this :D
melee ohsnaps wouldn't have existed without you and pablo

5 weeks away, peeps better practice their ***** off.
and be sure to re-read the stage lists. OK likes to counter-pick extremely cheaply.
Looks normal to me. I don't see some of the controversial gay stages that the midwest puts in sometimes. (Other than Jungle ***** being a double CP and not singles).

Also, I still need a doubles partner.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Dayum I haven't seen Rasta in forevaaa~!

doko ni ikima****a? lol that's prolly wrong :3

edit:
lol wtf? why did it get censored lulzulzulzzz~!!~!~!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
we worked hard on that level list to try to find a good balance for evening out the stage height/width and having good CPs for each character but not a ton of ridiculous stages for 1 (hence no green greens or mute city)

brandon, is marc interested in this?

OOSers, don't forget to speak up for how many you're traveling with so i can fix housing up easily. kansas and arkansas are like the only ones organized atm :p

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ya, I noticed green greens and mute city werent on, this is gonna be boring man! Wheres all the fun...I actually dont do too well on either of those stages actually. Its all good, Ive got my favorite cp stage, I cant tell any of you guys.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i hate to do this since we already changed the date once, but scud ran into some problems at the venue and now we're forced to do one of 2 things:

1) hold the tournament on december the 5th at the same venue
2) choose a new venue and reinstate a venue fee

so let me know what works better for people. i'd like to hold it at the same place because of the free parking/venue and how close it is to most of the housing, but if people have already solidified plans/asked off work/etc then we'll find a new venue.

so please let me know what works better for you, OOSers. either way it will be solved saturday.

edit: scud just reserved even better rooms at the same venue for the 5th, but we can always back out at any point. so we're good to go for the 5th if that's fine, but if people were really gunning for nov. 21st, we will find a new venue on saturday. again, just let me know through this thread or aim, and thanks :D

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Dec.5th should be fine for me and the rest of the Texas kids. I'd be fine with it either way although I would PREFER it be on the 21st I understand that things happen and change so I'm not holding it against the TO's if you need to change the date.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I would rather keep it the 21st. I've been kinda planning on it for awhile. >_>

And I don't mind paying a venue fee as long as it is redonkulous. No venue fee almost seems unnatural to me.

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
Id love to go to this even though im so far away. let me know if its gonna be the 21st or if it will be the 5th cuz my smash partner ( mr. j) is in kansas and we might be able to go if its the 5th. id still want to go if its the 21st but id just have to make my travel plans sooner an im not sure how that will turn out. <3 melee and <3 Oklahoma ( freakin okies!)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I would rather keep it the 21st. I've been kinda planning on it for awhile. >_>

And I don't mind paying a venue fee as long as it is redonkulous. No venue fee almost seems unnatural to me.
same. i've had to change what days i've asked my manager off work and he's probably annoyed by now. but i guess sometimes gotta do what ya gotta do. the main problem wasn't just a venue fee but just how good of a venue the union is, and how close it is to all the housing. there's a reason we hosted all the other melee tournaments there, and i just hope everyone can make it if indeed it does end up taking place on the 5th :\

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
checking out a venue tomorrow (saturday...sort of tomorrow) afternoon. afternoon post to update date/venue will be up AS LATE AS MONDAY. sorry for all the inconvience, we're doing our best to salvage a venue falling through on us. but yeah, anywhere from tomorrow evening to monday afternoon there will be new finalized plans, so stay tuned.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
December 5th

sorry for all the inconveniences. the tournament will be held december 5th at the OU student union. i sincerely hope no one's schedule was greatly affected by this, and i really hope everyone who was planning to attend still can. it has been some rough planning, thanks to everyone for understanding. all that i can do is say i'm sorry for the date changes, and promise that on december 5th, the best tournament in the southwest since moast will be happening :D

the hardest part was dealing with the unorganized venue problems. now that that's settled, we have projectors, maps, signs pointing to the tourny around campus, no entry fee, local help, HOUSING, a PA system, prizes, sponsorships, and tons more completely settled. let us know if you can no longer attend, and if scud or i can do anything to make your trip/stay/tourny experience better, don't hesistate to ask.

the intimikill staff thanks you, and i hope to see everyone on the 5th (i.e. crush you with my sheik)! :D

Top Bottom