• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Insane Triumph 1, Houston TX Jul. 10 2010

D

Deleted member

10$ it is. but remember, g&w good against dk.

i play mostly fox and marth in tournaments. but ive been known to play crazy characters when the pressure is on.

im going to be in san antonion from now til the 28. then im going back to houston for this. if anyone near the area wants to play this week some evening let me know. 225-892-4778.

taylor is my name

StoneColdBeast

Smash Cadet
No Derek... we're definitely not changing that rule XD

Allan, no melee players care about Hobo. We've been over this before.

Also, I know lots of players in Texas enjoy teams more than singles actually, so everyone needs to have plans of joining (I.E. have the money) for doubles!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
When people pass on an event that has a guaranteed venue, it makes me wonder why people complain about lack of tournaments...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WOW get that **** outta here :laugh:
You dont keep up with brawl do you? Have u seen my results for the 25 HOBOs i have ran? Clearly you have not.

that is 100% fine with me. Your game/scene is already dead and you are ignoring the one guaranteed melee event that you have left. the remains of melee in Houston are up to you guys and u continue to let it slip away. Thats good.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'm always there lol I'm not sure who that kid is but he's definitely not speaking for the better players. Jake and I are always there and the rest try to make it if they can but they come enough times that we know they're frequent unlike some people cough SideEffect cough. We've already been through active players list for Houston lol

StoneColdBeast

Smash Cadet
It's a monthly that nobody cares about with an entrance fee.. Again, we need quality of events rather than quantity. We want TOURNAMENTS that people are willing to show up to, not just melee "events".. It's obvious that IT is much more important for the melee community than Hobo (that's why this was brought up in the first place, so I guess I'll address it..)

Xyro77

It's a monthly that nobody cares about with an entrance fee.. Again, we need quality of events rather than quantity. We want TOURNAMENTS that people are willing to show up to, not just melee "events".. It's obvious that IT is much more important for the melee community than Hobo (that's why this was brought up in the first place, so I guess I'll address it..)
You do know that just because a tourney is held every month doesnt MAKE it a "monthlie" right? Ive had 25 HOBOs and several have had 80+ players........thats not a monthlie thats almost a regional. 3 have had 100 or more........that not a monthlie thats a REGIONAL/border-line national. I guess since you are new(and clearly ********), you fail to realize the PLAYERS determine the quality of the event. I really think you guys are morons if you ***** about no melee and then turn around and NOT attend when melee events are around(de angelo doesnt have to hold melee events but he does cause he dont want to see yall die off). You cant afford to be picky when your ship is sunk. Im gonna ask De Angelo to cancel melee and focus his time on a game where people respect him and his work.

I guess the remains of the melee scene forgot this common sense stuff or maybe its just not passed down anymore.

Either way, i wish this blitz guy good luck on this event. I hope it does well.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Wait a min. Are you trying to DISRESPECT what I do for the melee community. As I recall this is the 1st tournament being held here right? Were where you the last 10 months or 1 year I should say? Entrance fee? Ummm its 2$ less? 0_o Funplex is a business so how can people get to enter for free? Ive always held melee and everyone had no complaints and if there was some they know how to address it meaning talk to me either by calling or face to face. I give 3 tvs to melee at every event so whats your problem? I never once stepped on your foot and I dont even know you so please stop hating on what I do. Do you know how hard it is to get sponsors to throw money to a tournament. If it was that easy, it would be done at everybodys tournament with no problem. Ive already spoken to devry about puting money to melee so what are you talking about with quality? You build bridges not burn them.

Last thing, You make this seem like this is some type of contest to see whos venue is better or who gets the most players. Imma tell you this and im done. Im not into politics or drama so stop trying to divide the community with your subliminal comments and put on a good show at this tournament. I wish you the best of luck with what your trying to accomplish...

Xyro: Im going to keep melee for as long as the players want it to be apart of the series. Devry will be here on july 3 so if melee wants to see some extra money on top of there pot, they know what to do. Show up! If not and they want to go elsewere, im not stoping anybody from going. Im doing my part so the melee community will have to do theres. Ill leave it at that...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, how many Melee tournaments have there been besides Hobo and the upcoming one? Hmm...

Once again, you can't really complain if you guys don't really do anything. Try to find a venue in Houston and hold a "quality" tournament. Blitz can obviously do it. And once again, not supporting a guaranteed event and then complaining about people not showing up when YOU refuse to show up is dumb. So rather going to something that is guaranteed once a month, you would rather wait and wait...and wait for a "quality" event that may never happen? Sounds like a good plan! <_<

Also, entrance fee? Well, you have to pay for the venue somehow. Unless you want to hold it at someone's house or find a place that will hold it for free. But wait...who will volunteer their house? Hmm...and finding a business that will let you use their place for free without paying for it? Good luck...

When you have choices, you can be picky...but...you don't really have choices right now. After this, it'll be either go to Hobos...or just sit around and complain until someone else holds another tournament. You choose.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You do know that just because a tourney is held every month doesnt MAKE it a "monthlie" right? Ive had 25 HOBOs and several have had 80+ players........thats not a monthlie thats almost a regional. 3 have had 100 or more........that not a monthlie thats a REGIONAL/border-line national. I guess since you are new(and clearly ********), you fail to realize the PLAYERS determine the quality of the event. I really think you guys are morons if you ***** about no melee and then turn around and NOT attend when melee events are around(de angelo doesnt have to hold melee events but he does cause he dont want to see yall die off). You cant afford to be picky when your ship is sunk. Im gonna ask De Angelo to cancel melee and focus his time on a game where people respect him and his work.

I guess the remains of the melee scene forgot this common sense stuff or maybe its just not passed down anymore.

Either way, i wish this blitz guy good luck on this event. I hope it does well.
No one was there to pass it down to him apparently <_< anyone even know who he is?

And thank you very much Allan ^_^ it's nice to see you not tear at us and want us to not die and sink away xDD

DeAngelo, you're awesome for having melee tournaments every month and trying to find sponsors for us. You've done a lot already lol

And just fyi, Mississippi and states around it have Bi-weekly tournaments ALL the time. They always manage to get people together for that despite their insanely low number of players. Seriously Houston alone has x2 as many players as them lol and we only get monthlies. Wtf guys? Lol and even with all of the new things that I'm trying to do with the Houston thread y'all still aren't talking to one another...

I'll be out of town for the DeVry tournament T.T

AAU TKD Team National try-outs are happening that weekend xD see my Johns are always legit when I miss tournaments <_< what's up with the rest of y'all???

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Okay first things first. This is the thread for Insane Triumph I. Not HOBO or any other part of Houston melee. We have threads for those things for a reason.

Second. Stonecoldbeast isn't new and has been around longer than a lot of you.

Third. If we can't even agree amongst ourselves, then Xyro is right. We might as well be dead.

Lastly, thank you to everyone who's giving this hype (including Xyro and ABK). Let's show all the nonbelievers that all we need is a defibrillator in the form of IT. Hell, I'm pretty new to the scene and so is Blitz, so if we can make tournament that people in other states are talking about, I know that everyone else can do it. Maybe a little new blood is all we needed.

Xyro77

Okay first things first. This is the thread for Insane Triumph I. Not HOBO or any other part of Houston melee. We have threads for those things for a reason.

Third. If we can't even agree amongst ourselves, then Xyro is right. We might as well be dead.

Lastly, thank you to everyone who's giving this hype (including Xyro and ABK). Let's show all the nonbelievers that all we need is a defibrillator in the form of IT. Hell, I'm pretty new to the scene and so is Blitz, so if we can make tournament that people in other states are talking about, I know that everyone else can do it. Maybe a little new blood is all we needed.
For the record, ive been here the longest( i promise you). you can call me master when u see me at this event. Oh and thanks for making stadium 1 a neutral.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
For the record, ive been here the longest( i promise you). you can call me master when u see me at this event. Oh and thanks for making stadium 1 a neutral.
I believe you. That's why I said a lot, not all.

And you're welcome (if that wasn't sarcasm...kind of hard to detect when it's just text...).

Jake13

Smash Lord
yo im just going to say that im tired of the bull****.

unless houston players can come together for this tournament and all have a good time, this will be my last one.

im tired of being excited for a tourney that either doesn't happen because people won't even enter since they don't want to risk losing money (why even show up?), or a tourney only gets 8 effin ppl.

im done with the houston melee scene. OOS what's up

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

I 100% agree with you. Glad I hyped the tournament:p . From now on, I will make a separate thread for test your skills melee and get some pot bonuses going so we can get some oos players here. I feel like the scene needs more tournaments and fests cause without it, its pretty much a WRAP!

yo im just going to say that im tired of the bull****.

unless houston players can come together for this tournament and all have a good time, this will be my last one.

im tired of being excited for a tourney that either doesn't happen because people won't even enter since they don't want to risk losing money (why even show up?), or a tourney only gets 8 effin ppl.

im done with the houston melee scene. OOS what's up
You aint going nowere mr. jake13:chuckle:. This tournament should be hyped and im excited that others are stepping it up and holding tournaments. That way new faces can jump on the scene. Its a good look for houston. Again, no disrespect to the tio. I was just stating facts earlier. Thats all...

Sybawave: Thanks man. I try my best to keep the scene alive and running. Nobody wants there favorite game to die...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
ITT: Hurr durr argh wargh aklerwhgpadihbfpang

Seriously, what's with all the stupid drama? Do I have to bring my dunce cap to get into this thing? I miss the days when people showed up to tournaments to prove themselves, to get better, and to hang with old friends and new rivals. If you didn't like somebody's face, you went so you could **** it up. Now it's all "my tournament is bigger" and "let's boycott tournaments."

If I drive down to this thing and there are only five people including me and the people I ride with, I am going to be pissed. /rant.

Moneymatches, anybody?

dilling

Smash Apprentice
That's what makes things interesting. I know for a fact that I could never place in this tournament and that I'm going to lose money. It's a fact of life that you have to spend money to make money, and by spending this money, I'm going to become a better smash player, a) in hopes of one day placing in a tournament and b) so that I can have more fun when playing smash.

If at the very least you don't want to pay the event fees of $10, at least pay the venue fee (or bring a set up) and come play friendlies. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? Getting to know people from out of town and even around the area and having a good time playing a game that we can enjoy together. (Although I do hope everyone who comes enters the tournament, just thought I'd throw this option out).

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
-ignores last few pages of posts-
I'm excited to see how well/badly I'll play against people outside of my jerking smashing circle.
Last time I was in Houston for hobo(22-ish), there were a lot of strong melée players. Of course, I've improved since then. :)
just hope I can get off of work for this.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD Hey Wobbles, Side Effect said he'll take you out this time around. Revenge for the last tournament y'all played at apparently you 2-1'd him and he's pissed and said he'll 2-0 you this time. That's assuming I don't knock you both out first of course.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Of the four spacey mains I have fought in the past couple tournaments, I have defeated Lucky, Zhu and Forward, losing only to Mango. If Side Effect wishes to defeat me and claim his place in the halls of legendary players, then he is welcome to try.

That's where there would normally be some epic organ music.

Lack of MMs in this thread disappoint.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Of the four spacey mains I have fought in the past couple tournaments, I have defeated Lucky, Zhu and Forward, losing only to Mango. If Side Effect wishes to defeat me and claim his place in the halls of legendary players, then he is welcome to try.

That's where there would normally be some epic organ music.

Lack of MMs in this thread disappoint.
mm you for your soul. . . dun dun dun!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Yeah, soul matches! These are all the souls I've won from soul matches (although most are from Mario 64)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Get a bunch of Mario 64 setups going, then everyone races to X number of stars. So good.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
...I hate you guys.

How about my off characters? Mario? Samus? Kirby? F'realz, name any character and let's do it.

Not fighting SOS with Kirby though. I saw that Corneria match. Ain't happening.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Wobbles, I would make better use burning my money than money matching you. At least then I'd be warm for a second instead of cold inside after being utterly decimated.

Though I'd consider a 50 cent MM if you pick your worst character.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Thespis: why not both? $1 2/3 vs Fox, $1 2/3 vs Falcon :)

Dilling: Well, that gives you the pleasure of either my Yoshi, Ness, or Zelda. Take your pick!

dilling

Smash Apprentice
I've played a fair few good yoshis in my day, so I'm wary of it for sure. Ness it is then.

And bluezaft, I kind of figured that, but I thought I'd take my chances anyway.

Top Bottom