• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
****... I only heard of him, and seen some vids of him. But ****... I feel so sad now ;_;

R.I.P.

ORLY

Smash Master
I played Ryan in pools at my first tournament and he had nothing but encouraging words for my Falcon. You were a good guy, nesn00b. I only regret not going to JAB2 and playing him once more.

R.I.P.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I haven't cried in nearly 3 years, but this thread, the vid, the article has brought me nearly to tears.

I was looking forward to meeting this guy at Pound after hearing so much about him.

Tis' a sad day for me, and the smash community. I cannot imagine how sad it is for the people really close to him if I'm feeling this bad. My condolences. RIP Ryan.

Only three weeks ago was his Mountain Combo uploaded on youtube. I wish I knew more about that guy.

R.I.P., Nes n00b.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Now that I've watched the video.

I've never met Ryan in real life. But I'm just torn up at the reality of everything. I feel truly sorry for his mom and family. Really all I want to do is just swear and cuss.

RIP NES Noob

Valadis

Smash Cadet
RIP NES n00b. He seemed like a sweet guy.. and his mother seems like a really strong person. Entering the interstate on the exit ramp has been a common occurrence lately. Just a few weeks ago, a little girl I would watch and her mother died in this same way. There needs to be a big flashing X or something like that to make it completely obvious so there won't be any confusion. :(

spider_sense

Smash Champion
My heart goes out to his family, friends and anyone close to him. I wish I had gotten the opportunity to play him in a set, he seemed like a really good player and someone who I would get along great with. =/ May God bring rest and peace to his soul.

Zone

Smash Champion
I've met him irl twice. He always smiled, we talked of some funny stuff, and some serious stuff. I was trying to go to a Alabama Tournament that he was planning on going to. And now I won't get to meet him again.

I've had too many friends die in the span of 1 year.

RIP
NESn00b of Smash

Brockmail of FFXI
Jerimiah of Guilty Gear

I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, But for your sake Nes. I'll hope for a Heaven.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
I literally busted into tears when i saw the interview with his mother. I totally didnt expect to see the 2 photos from our tipped off set in there that whats got me the most. RIP peace Nes Noob this is very tragic :urg:

d0rkiiness

Smash Rookie
i never knew nesn00b but reading these posts made me feel like i knew him. i have heard of him when alukard showed me random funny posts. All in all this thread is quite touching .. and my sympathy goes to everyone who had the chance to know him whether as a smash friend or as an outside friend. and for his mother .. your son was a wonderful kid .. by reading the thread you can see he had many friends and fans.

.... be careful everyone ...

BEHR

Smash Hero
Smash is a second Family.

It changes lives,I know at the next NC tourney ima spend time with as much as them as I can.Ima give PP the biggest hug about getting second at RoM2 and just enjoy life. :]Hopefully other smash communities take more time with there smashers.Smash is a second family well at least to me...NC is like my family.

But enough about that RIP Ryan..Ill see you one day. :]

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
This is a terrible loss. :(

NES n00b was an awesome smasher and by all accounts a great person as well. I wish had a chance to meet him.

RIP

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Dear god.... I didn't know n00b, but this is a terrible loss to everyone who knew him, and it's always said when someone dies. My hart goes out to his family.

RIP NES n00b.

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
Nes noob was a great dude. He ate my lunch in melee however, brawl we had some pretty awesome matches. I'll never forget you knocking me out of every brawl tourney we both were at. RIP Nes!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I only met the guy once during a smashfest, but the guy was the friendliest, nicest, and most genuine person I've met. It absolutely ruined my entire day when I heard about this.

I don't even know what to type since I can't fully comprehend what happened yet, but I'll just do what I can to remember the guy as the absolutely chill, friendly, and funny guy that he was for the time I spent with him. And I was looking forward to spending more time with him too.

It feels weird trying to memorialize someone you met by playing a game, but like the guy was so immediately infectious that he kinda transcended those sorts of boundaries. Honestly, my heart goes out to all of those who were closest to him since I know they must be hurting the most.

The Dark Comedian

Smash Cadet
Man, it's sad how often these things happen, and yet it is a reality we all have to deal with.

I personally didn't know NES n00b but everyone that mentioned him to me had nothing but good things to say about him.

Farewell, fellow smasher.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i put a message for him at the beginning of my combo video

"Before this video begins, I would like to ask that all my fellow smashers and fans of Captain Falcon take a moment to remember NES n00b, whom died this past tuesday in a car accident. He was an amazing player and someone who I looked up to. My condolences go out to his friends, family, and fans. RIP Ryan Roberts"

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
RIP NES noob.

I knew nothing of you personally, and only enjoyed a couple of your humourous posts and your entertaining matches. This is a tragedy, and we will all miss you.

I wish I had the chance to meet you personally.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
For anyone that never met him:
he was everything you've been told/heard he was. He was extremely helpful, always nice(from my experience), a pretty funny dude, and he will be missed.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
RIP NES n00b...

Some people just shouldn't have licenses...it's dangerous to everyone around them...how do you drive the wrong way on a one-way road?

My condolences to his mother as well...just a horrible situation..

Top Bottom