• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

RDK

Smash Hero
I had only talked to n00b once, and what I do know of him is that he was a great guy.

Rest in Peace Ryan.
The guy was a saint. I've never seen him angry or mad at anyone, ever.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Honestly, if he's nice as everyone in this thread is saying, I can't understand why he of all people would die.

Does humanity have no morals?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
He always put up with my sh*t at every tournament I saw him at. He was always so nice and always gave me good tips.

This is really sad, and the first death of any friend of mine. He will be missed.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I kinda consider him as a friend even though I never got the chance to speak with him or meet him.

I looking at his profile one day and I went to his contact info where I saw his aim, I was going to send him an IM but iono... I just didn't. I deeply regret that decision because now I will never have the chance to speak with him.

DRD

Smash Lord
Only ever really "met" with him over a ****ng livestream (which means I heard him talk and saw him play) which means like nothing but he seemed like a great guy, plus his falcon blew my expectations out of the water

RIP nesnoob...

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I didn't know NES n00b, but it looks like he has a lot of people coming and supporting him. My condolences to his family and friends, I hope they can recover from such a tragic event.

RIP n00b, may your spirit live on in everyone's heart.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I remember first meeting Ryan a few years ago when he came to Huntsville with the rest of DML. He wasn't nearly as good at Melee as he would become later, but he always had fun while playing. Even though I didn't get to hang out with him too often, he was always happy to see me when we met at tournaments. He was always happy.

I love that this thread is so full of kind words and condolences for Ryan. Words like these shouldn't only come when someone has passed. Whenever someone I know dies, I really start to think about how our lives are only what we make of them with the other people we know. So please, once you say your respects for Ryan, tell the other people you love in your life what they mean to you. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them how you feel.

RIP Ryan. I know that wherever you are, you're just as happy and spreading as much joy as you did on Earth.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sometime before pound 4 happens, someone should make a tribute video of sorts that could be shown then. I think it'd be really nice.

No joke, but I think captain falcon's theme from f-zero gx would be nice. I think he'd like that.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Well if you read the article sir, you would know he has a mom.
Besides that, from the looks of the funeral his mom has plenty of support in MS to deal with this event.

Edit:
I found out two days after his death(Which is obviously before the funeral). I would have informed all of you but I did not have internet. Late news.. :(
Dang, my english sucks. :laugh:

I actually meant siblings :)

I have read the article.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sometime before pound 4 happens, someone should make a tribute video of sorts that could be shown then. I think it'd be really nice.

No joke, but I think captain falcon's theme from f-zero gx would be nice. I think he'd like that.
and it should end with the mountain combo.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
The Mountain Combo should be some kind of Symbol.

Does anyone from the midsouth know the answer to this:
Was Jab 2 the last tournament he went to or did he go to one down there after jab?

Handorin

Smash Hero
The last one was House of Smash in Nashville can't remember the date though.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
this is just really sad. Condolences to his family. i first met Ryan at smym and i knew that he was going to be great at the game. i got to know him over the year and saw him at some major tournaments. it was always fun playing with him and just talking about smash. he was a good guy. i'm glad i got to meet him thru smash. RIP NES noob

j00t

Smash Champion
I can't believe this. I haven't cried like this in a while...

NES n00b was an amazing person. He believed in me when I didn't believe in myself, and always encouraged me to never give up. He always had a smile on his face and never spoke negatively. Every tournament I went to, the first thing I wanted to do was to see/play Ryan. He inspired me to play Falcon most of all.

I miss you already Ryan... I can't believe you're gone.

R.I.P

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I just heard the news and just finished reading the thread. There is very little I could say that hasn't already been said, but I do want to share what I knew of him.

I met him at Event 52. He knocked me and Geno out of teams, and afterwords he *personally* sought me out and asked to play me in friendlies. We played a good deal, and all the while he swayed his head back and forth and sang made up lyrics to all of his combos. His fox was amazing, as was his falcon. Even though winners finals were happening behind us on the huge projection screen featuring Mango, all he wanted to do was play against my pika for seemingly ages.

A smasher asked him for advice on how to play falcon, and he redirected him to Darkrain saying "all I do is nair."

Of course, no one will forget his $50 MM with Scar at SMYM10. The whole building was on chairs behind them watching, including me. He was just as happy with the outcome as Scar.

Ryan was a fantastic guy, and even shared the same love of tmbg as I did. I didn't know him super well, but I will now fondly keep the memories I had around him. My super huge and personal condolences to Chad, Spaceballs, Ryan's mother, and the rest of the Mississippi crew.

Rest in Peace

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I didn't know him but yeah wow I was thinking a lot about death today like right after I woke up saying "here I am in my underwear you in your suit" that's all i,ve been thinking about. I makes me glad in a way if I die people will give a S*** that's not here. People will try to feel and understand. Even when I look the worse when having mental mreak downs and taking about how I am stuck in H*** and won't kill myself people how don't even know me try to reach out and care because there would want the same.

It's funny. Anyone who trolls this or spams this should be kicked out. On the brighting side he wasn't a douche who should be forgoten. Good luck to people who need it.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I just got done going through every topic, article, and interview about the matter, and I've been talking to some of my friends from GA about the news for the past 2 hours. I heard about it last night and didn't really believe it because all I got was a text saying NESN00b died. I came on today and all this happened and it's been basically one really long heart stopping moment.

I wish I could convey my feelings to his mother in some personal way, but there are just so many of us that have something to say that I don't feel like I can expect some personal response back. So to that guy that was going to meet his mother personally that was asking for our own messages, somehow I want this to get through.

"Your son was the kind of person that no one disliked. He was a person that I have shared entire days with. We've had meals together, talked, joked, and we all enjoyed his company. To me and many others, he wasn't known as Ryan, but by his online tag. But whatever name he went by, we all knew the same person that was never seen without a smile. It is the person that truly counts, and we have all lost a truly incredible man. Thank you for sharing your son with us for those times."

and also:

When I was watching the interview and I saw this picture, I was happy that I was able to portray how we all felt about NESN00b.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
So, im reading through some of Nesnoobs posts in the falcon boards...T_T

Also this
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRZxfph6e64&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRZxfph6e64&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

we won't be seeing anything like that anymore...:<
I like how he got creamed at first then made a comeback.

That was all part of his plan since he knew matt was cocky.:snake:

Spife

Smash Master
Motherf..,.fakjf;lkajdsfkj

This is dumb. I'm pretty upset.

I'm gonna pick up Jigglypuff.

And download a bunch of crazy-*** japanese fighter games that may or may not contain lolis and play the hell out of them.
loli slap simulators are the best kind imo.

Did NES n00b play iamp? If so, more power to him.

May you be kneeing and slapping loli's where ever you are, NES n00b.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
NES n00b was going to stay at my house this weekend for our Oklahoma tourney.
I was really looking forward to meet him, but now I'll never get to know the guy T_T.
This is so horrible for everyone close to him. I hope for their quick healing.
As others have said, I really hope this can help us appreciate those who are with us now, to appreciate life just that much more.
RIP

Top Bottom