• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Bowser's Defense - an essay by gimpyfish

Acromion

Smash Cadet
...... T_T beautiful, I actually cried when I read this inspiring peace of faq/guide. Gimpy I give you beastial Props on that glorious essay. Never have I been so proud of being a bowser user and never have I seen such a loving, supporting bowser community, makes me proud to say long live King Koopa :) :bigthumbu and also I would like to say what do you personally think of using the Bomb has an edgeguarder? Btw I mean knocking off and when they try to return use the bomb not only to hit them but should you miss at least you edgehog which prevents their return, I mean I've used this numerous times and it seems to work for me. Dude you just gave bowser such mad props in a way I could only dream of, I truly give you the beastial props as afforementioned also thank you for explaning to everyone something I have tried numerous times though never on a forum but in person haha never worked they always said it's bs but I think I'll show them this thread along with videos and I'll see if I can school them on bowser ways haha even though I've done the latter a few times they always come up with John's but W/e.

Seris

Smash Journeyman
I actually posted bowser was the worst. But now I see...

That mewtwo is the worst.

How could I be so blind.

ledjin

Smash Apprentice
Seris, ur 1st post was wasted saying that Bowser sucks, and then your second post is "sorry, Mewtwo is even worse than Bowser" ?? You could try saying something smart, u know? like complimenting Gimpy's essay, or giving/asking for advise? Just keep the spam away man :)

I've tried using Bowser since I first read this essay and I failed at first... now I'm a bit better but I still have problems :s No WD, my L-cancelling with Bowser sucks, and I haaaate the lagginess... In spite of all that, I'm still giving it a try, and I agree with Acromion on the edgeguaring thing :thumbup: my personal downside: I fall sometimes hahaha :p

Oh, and another question for Gimpy, since u wrote the essay... it says there is invulnerability when u do the Fortress to return to the stage, but it's soooo easy to knock him down, doing the Fortress with a) Peach's turnips b) Ganon's reverse uair c) Needles [almost every time] so... HUH? maybe I just read wrong :p

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
its got a few invincibility frames in it near the opening of it, not so much in the air though unfortunately... i think theres still some though

ledjin

Smash Apprentice
Ooooh.. hehe, yeah I read wrong then. It does says you have some frames of invincibility, and I thought it was all the time when doing the fortress, that's why I was confused. In the other hand, it's not so bad cuz if u're too far, and ur oponent is stupid enough to hit you, u can do it again and reach the stage lol

I actually won a match [not an easy one] being Bowser!! haha, thanx again fot this great essay Gimpy. see ya!

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Bowser's bomb is good to sweetspot the edge and to edge hog when you aren't facing the edge and the WD can't get you there and your foe is getting closer to hang on it(jump backwards and bomb). He has a mean chain grab that you could use the fair as a finalblow.

..............................later

Yea, I use the bomb to sweetspotted ledge quite often. Your opponent doesn't see it coming most of the time, so if they're on the ledge it's a little hard for them to edgeguard you because the bomb has so much priority and sends you down so fast. You can use a number of moves out of this; I prefer to do a ledge-hopped fair or a ledge-hopped Koopa Klaw to bthrow, which at higher percentages spells certain death for many characters. Better to get the move off quickly though, if your brain isn't comfortable thinking this fast then don't do it, because once you grab the ledge you need to immediately ledge-hop which surprises your opponent rather than just hang there even for 1 second; that one second is enough to ruin the surprise of your opponent, and then they will probably see your attack coming. I don't use it too often though.

Nice job Grmo. Koopacalypse was done by Arash, who I believe is part of Ken's team.

Nice guide Gimpy, really nice. Keep it up dude. I just learned a whole bunch more to add to my Bowser's strategy.

awesomestnerd

Smash Cadet
Dude gimpyfish thanks a lot! I was in a smash slump for a while and couldn't find anyone who i enjoyed to play with and didnt suck with. I looked at your fact and decided to give it a try, and totally womped on my friend today for like 3 hours. You rock!

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
Gimpyfish I must say, I am a big fan of your videos now matter how humble you may be and I fianlly got around to reading this essay and it is really pimpin'.

I've always dabbled in Bowser, never played him alot or at all competitavely but I think your constant "BOWSER = TOP TIER" on every thread in the boards has convinced me to play him more lol.

If I may point out something, in the last paragrpah you say: "Bowser isnt top tier, upper tier or even high tier."
Followed by: "BOWSER = TOP TIER"

Anyways great stuff as always man, I'm disappointed you got rid of your Rock Lee sig though ><
*Waits expectantly for next peice of Pro Bowser -well, for lack of a better word- thing"

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Digamma said:
Gimpyfish I must say, I am a big fan of your videos now matter how humble you may be and I fianlly got around to reading this essay and it is really pimpin'.

I've always dabbled in Bowser, never played him alot or at all competitavely but I think your constant "BOWSER = TOP TIER" on every thread in the boards has convinced me to play him more lol.

If I may point out something, in the last paragrpah you say: "Bowser isnt top tier, upper tier or even high tier."
Followed by: "BOWSER = TOP TIER"

Anyways great stuff as always man, I'm disappointed you got rid of your Rock Lee sig though ><
*Waits expectantly for next peice of Pro Bowser -well, for lack of a better word- thing"
lol bowser = top tier spammery ftw... and yeah i know that 'bowser isn't top, upper, or high, is followed by the huge bowser = top tier, it was intended to be that way ;)

glad you liked it, i'll have a surprise for all the boozer players somewhat soon

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Argh Jeff you ******. I never said that BOWSER was stupid, I was arguing against the existential purpose behind tier lists.

And I was kidding anyway.

Anyway, Bowser's wicked. I love pummeling Pummeluff players with him. HE has the best smash A (->) ever.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I know...everything has a reason. But what good reason is there for them? they don't mean anything. You can be just as good with any character. Notice how every tier list feature Bowser as "horrible, no-good, awful, slow, donut-eating ******? I found that to be quite untrue.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I don't even play Bowser and I found myself reading this :ohwell:
Very well done, discriptive, and informing. This, like everyone else says, SHOULD BE PINNED!

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
"Bowser is an overwhelming powerhouse, there is no defense he cannot beat, he should be an overwhelming offensive assault, he also comes complete with combo breakers both in the air and on the ground to keep him safe. he has high priority, invincibility frames on many attacks (mostly 'shell' attacks) hes quick, albiet laggy. He also is very heavy, making him able to survive for surprising amounts of time. Lets get into the specifics shall we?"

i dont think bowser is a powerhouse char at all according to teh def. :p mabye his fsmash heh but he sure is big and fat so i mean i guess u can call that tEH poWerhOUseness of bowser. WOOOT!@!!

Top Bottom