• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Bowser's Defense - an essay by gimpyfish

Sabro

Smash Rookie
I really liked this thread.
It points out the do's and the dont's with bowser along with why he isn't the worste character.
It sure helped me understand bowser, because I also thought bowser was the worste character (that and pichu..)

I also noticed in the thread that you only put 2 other chars under bowser - Mewtwo and Pichu. Does that mean you think Bowser is the 3rd worst overall character?

Great thread, enjoyed reading.

Sabro

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to PM you lately but i am gettin no response >.<

I'll try sending yet a 3rd PM in hopes of a reply =-)

D4rkchocolate

Smash Rookie
NICE POST! This will really help me play a way way way better bowser. :laugh: lol
Way to go keep up the good work.

BOWSER FTW!

amished

Smash Cadet
Gimpy, even though this is really really really really old, it's still great! Made me want to have Boozer as my secondary, just to lay the hurt on people. Way to represent the cutest character in the game, with Jiggly and Pichu a close 2nd/3rd.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Hmm...I have no idea whether anyone knows this, it's probably been found already. I just thought I'd mention it. I was screwing around with Bowser, I played a Jigglypuff, down-threw him and proceeded to combo...when I noticed that the down-throw hadn't done any damage, just knockback. I tried doing it to Jigglypuff on different stages, still no damage. Tried it at different percentages for both characters, no damage.

Just curious to see if anyone knew this.

Dragun

Smash Rookie
Cool this is what i was looking for when i made this account.
A nice list of pros for Bowser, i wanna start learning with him cos... its Bowser^^;;. And having these is nice to see what i should think of getting into my game,
P.S I looked up a few Gimpyfish matches on Youtube and dude you make Bowser look easy^^.

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
YEA!!!!!!!! BOWSERS THE BEST
but yea theres a whole lot of goood info for bowser huh?

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I finally made a post in here after reading the essay and every post in this thread, lol. Good sh*t to Gimpy for the informative essay and backing up Bowser. I don't care how many disadvantages Bowser has and how easily he can get pwned. I'm always gonna have him as my main and use him in tournaments like I always do regardless of anything. It's priceless to see the look on people's faces when they lose to a Bowser in tournament, especially after making it far into a tournament when they've beaten alot of high tier users, lol. Besides, Bowser's too cute and sexy. :)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Fox/falco shine 1 frame..

Jiggly sleep 1 frame..

many jabs (pika jab headbutt) come out in 2 frames..

it certainly isnt the 2nd fastest...

Sorry, if you corrected youself somewhere else though:)

yeah i said it was wrong, this is incredibly old and i've thought about editing it butttt meh, lol i've got other projects goign on for the big guy and this is one of the least important haha

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey Gimpy are you planning on writing a guide cause i was thinking of writing a guide for boozer to help out and idk if your interested with it just give me a pm or sumthing.. cause i really am interested in a good guide.. might as well almost everyother character has one

C 3

Smash Ace
*applause* very inspirational essay Gimpy lol. You bring up lots of good points, very tough to argue. Bowser ftw! (well, 2nd after luigi ;)) lol

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I wanna have a Bowser crew battle, lol. It'll be me, Warrior Knight, and Bum versus any other three Bowser players. Who's up for the challenge?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
THE ORIGINAL KOOPA TROOP WOULD TAKE YOU ON YEAYUHZ

go to oc3 or something i'm sure we could get some bowser crew action going on there

Top Bottom