• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm not racist. I stereotype - it's faster."

Status
Not open for further replies.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I know there is alot of **** going on, but you see more of this whining BS than racism anyday. There are more people crying over racism by over reacting at stupid levels, and making annoying sob stories just for attention than genuine racism.
What you call overreacting may not be, for some. Everyone's life is different, how perceived racism effects a person in a given situation has nothing to do with you. It's not your place to judge whether or not a person feels like they are experiencing genuine racism.

Maybe YOU see more of this whining BS than racism, but just because that's true for you doesn't make it true for everyone or true in general.

It's the fact that there are blacks who use their past for an escape-goat that I am disgusted at.
White people do the same thing.
Asian people do the same thing.
Latino people do the same thing.
Everyone does this.
So...why do you have so much disgust in regards to black people who do this, as if it's somehow worse?

Anyways, if you are going to respond to me with a bit of aggression towards my views, at least do a better job in supporting your ideas, and actually understand where I am getting at.
There's been no aggression in my posts, and I think I'm doing a fairly good job of supporting my ideas. And if what you're saying is being misunderstood, that's your problem, not mine.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
What you call overreacting may not be, for some. Everyone's life is different, how perceived racism effects a person in a given situation has nothing to do with you. It's not your place to judge whether or not a person feels like they are experiencing genuine racism.

Maybe YOU see more of this whining BS than racism, but just because that's true for you doesn't make it true for everyone or true in general.

Everyone does this.
So...why do you have so much disgust in regards to black people who do this, as if it's somehow worse?

There's been no aggression in my posts, and I think I'm doing a fairly good job of supporting my ideas. And if what you're saying is being misunderstood, that's your problem, not mine.

1. It's not the person who is experiencing it. It's the person who creates the experience. If someone is 100% against somebody because of their skin colour, thats genuine racism. It's a dead-ringer. You will know if somebody is making a fool out of themselves, or if there truly is racism involved. It's not that hard to tell them apart.

2. The reason why I am mainly pointing out the blacks is because the OP, and this thread is revolving around racism. When I look at racism I see blacks, when I see blacks I see a very terrible past their ancestors suffered. I don't see much in the other types, really. It's the fact that their own kind today is using the past that their ancestors were forced to live, for their own selfish pleasure.
If you can't understand this, just let me know.

3. It seemed like you were. I accept your explanation. The only reason why you aren't supporting your ideas as much as you should, is because you respond to me as if your ideas are fact. ''You know what is still alive today? People who say things like'', you said this without collecting enough information to see where I was getting at. You just dived in without giving it serious thought. You are personalizing too much, and reading into my words way too much. I am only trying to draw an outline for you. I am only stating what I think. None of this is something I want you to take as fact, so stop implying that I do.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I think it's more a matter of him being concerned about how you present yourself to other people. Growing up, my mother never liked me or my brother throwing out phrases like, "I'ma kill you!" Not because she thought we would actually kill each other, but because she didn't like us acting crass or using offensive language as a joke.
I can understand this, but he continually said that it was a racist comment when it was not. I just hope ppl will learn/know the difference...

I can think of at least one stereotype that might offend you. :bee:
lol.

I get what you mean in that we should be doing more to tackle real problems rather than complaining about a person's choice of words. But on the other hand, real problems are difficult to solve, and it seems easier to ask people to be considerate in the meantime. What do people lose, really, in not using the n-word?
double standards

I understand this too. But most people r stupid and will a stereotype and racism 1 in the same. Am I allowed to judge them if they r stupid and/or wrong? :l

This makes sense too. But making excuses for what happened to your ancestors is just annoying...

Everyone does this.
Because we r racist, whether we want to admit it or not.

1. It's not the person who is experiencing it. It's the person who creates the experience. If someone is 100% against somebody because of their skin colour, thats genuine racism. It's a dead-ringer. You will know if somebody is making a fool out of themselves, or if there truly is racism involved. It's not that hard to tell them apart.

This is true. But again, most ppl will mistake a stereotype for u or some1 else being racist.

2. The reason why I am mainly pointing out the blacks is because the OP, and this thread is revolving around racism. When I look at racism I see blacks, when I see blacks I see a very terrible past their ancestors suffered. I don't see much in the other types, really. It's the fact that their own kind today is using the past that their ancestors were forced to live, for their own selfish pleasure.
If you can't understand this, just let me know.

It's true: every1 does this from time to time. But I think it's most notable in the African race...

3. It seemed like you were. I accept your explanation. The only reason why you aren't supporting your ideas as much as you should, is because you respond to me as if your ideas are fact. ''You know what is still alive today? People who say things like'', you said this without collecting enough information to see where I was getting at. You just dived in without giving it serious thought. You are personalizing too much, and reading into my words way too much. I am only trying to draw an outline for you. I am only stating what I think. None of this is something I want you to take as fact, so stop implying that I do.
Debating is fine, but if u 2 start really fighting...

frotaz37

Smash Lord

I don't know why you think this...it's not always clear cut like you make it out to be. It often is hard to tell them apart.

It's the fact that their own kind today is using the past that their ancestors were forced to live, for their own selfish pleasure.
Their own selfish pleasure? Pleasure has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the reality of current situations. Many of the problems black people face today are because of how things were in the past, and it's not your place to say "Pfft well they should just get over it" because that just shows insensitivity and ignorance to the hardships that living in a white supremacist society has brought upon people. Sure there are people who use it as an excuse to complain, but they are an overwhelmingly small minority who's sentiments should not be used to de-legitimize any comments made about the past in regards to the current state of racism, nor to label black people who complain about racism as "whiners".

It seemed like you were. I accept your explanation. The only reason why you aren't supporting your ideas as much as you should, is because you respond to me as if your ideas are fact. ''You know what is still alive today? People who say things like'', you said this without collecting enough information to see where I was getting at. You just dived in without giving it serious thought. You are personalizing too much, and reading into my words way too much. I am only trying to draw an outline for you. I am only stating what I think. None of this is something I want you to take as fact, so stop implying that I do.
lol wow...I'm not jumping in without giving it thought... I'm not personalizing anything, and I'm not reading into your words too much. I'm explaining why the things you are stating are incorrect. Stop accusing me of random stuff that has nothing to do with the conversation when all I'm doing is giving you insight into something that you brought up.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I don't know why you think this...it's not always clear cut like you make it out to be. It often is hard to tell them apart.

Their own selfish pleasure? Pleasure has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the reality of current situations. Many of the problems black people face today are because of how things were in the past, and it's not your place to say "Pfft well they should just get over it" because that just shows insensitivity and ignorance to the hardships that living in a white supremacist society has brought upon people. Sure there are people who use it as an excuse to complain, but they are an overwhelmingly small minority who's sentiments should not be used to de-legitimize any comments made about the past in regards to the current state of racism, nor to label black people who complain about racism as "whiners".

lol wow...I'm not jumping in without giving it thought... I'm not personalizing anything, and I'm not reading into your words too much. I'm explaining why the things you are stating are incorrect. Stop accusing me of random stuff that has nothing to do with the conversation when all I'm doing is giving you insight into something that you brought up.

1. It's easy for me. You can obviously tell when somebody has disgust for somebody of a certaint thing, or is just stereotyping.

2. 502 error pisses me off, so I edited it improperly. I forgot to generalize that there are ''some'' people who are black that use their past to gain respect and control, which is indeed pleasure. This is what I was zeroing in on.

3. You are a very difficult person to read, since it ''seems'' like you are pushing your ''insight'' on me, when it's just a mix between our different interpretations of this world, and me making tiny errors that ****s the entire thing up. I quoted all of the important words. Hopefully we can get to a discussion that we both feel like we are on common grounds. I still feel like you aren't getting my point. :c

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I forgot to generalize that there are ''some'' people who are black that use their past to gain respect and control, which is indeed pleasure. This is what I was zeroing in on.
How exactly is bringing up the days of slavery going to get any black person respect and control?

I would love to hear your stories where you witness this occurring.

Got any?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
How exactly is bringing up the days of slavery going to get any black person respect and control?

I would love to hear your stories where you witness this occurring.

Got any?
By ''stories'' I think you mean ''experiences'', then yes I do. Throughout my life I have came across atleast 4 entirely different black individuals that tried to use their past as a defense mechanism to earn their control, and priority over the other person. It's the same exact effect sob stories have on you. You have this feeling to show sympathy, but the way they say it makes it sound fake. I know a few friends who have came across the same thing. I know alot of people want their boring world to end, so they create fake realities, and one of these fake realities is sob stories.

Why do you persist to act like I don't have any information for you? Almost as if you are mocking me for my next reply. This, you cannot deny.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
You do know that saying you saw a black guy walking out of Target with only a watermelon wasn't anything close to stereotyping or being racist right?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
By ''stories'' I think you mean ''experiences'', then yes I do. Throughout my life I have came across atleast 4 entirely different black individuals that tried to use their past as a defense mechanism to earn their control, and priority over the other person.
Right, but I want to know how it was done. Specific examples of how it was used as a defense mechanism and a way to gain priority.

Why do you persist to act like I don't have any information for you? Almost as if you are mocking me for my next reply. This, you cannot deny.
Stop trying to start a fight. I'm not doing anything. :054:

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
You do know that saying you saw a black guy walking out of Target with only a watermelon wasn't anything close to stereotyping or being racist right?
I was hinting at a stereotype, but it was nothing near racist. I used the story to show how my father didn't know the difference between stereotypes and racism.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Right, but I want to know how it was done. Specific examples of how it was used as a defense mechanism and a way to gain priority.
You don't support psychology, so you won't support my answer.

One of them had an attitude.

They always did things in class for attention.

They picked on those weaker than them.

They thought they had power and control over people like me, because they had bigger muscles.

I am forced to speak my mind one day, and they pull the History Card just because I was winning the argument. It was a defense mechanism. It exists, I don't care what you say.

Want an example? My mom screams out in pain purposely whenever she is losing an argument, because she knows she is losing. Inorder to stop her failure, she uses something serious to resolve something simple, because they are too weak to admit their defeat.

Another example? My father bursts into anger when I ask him if he was crying during a movie, even though it was obvious that he was tearing up.

I digress.

These black kids I came across in my life used their past for their escape-goat. You weren't there. You don't believe in my practices. I know what I saw. This is what I wanted to bring up. To ensure that we aren't looking at just one problem. This is a serious problem to me, and people need to see it aswell.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i think the problem here is that ur friended with Dad on facebook haha jk

i don't even really like stereotyping tbh, though I understand its a useful tool for organizing thoughts and ideas about people in our heads and help us decide how to act, so its almost unavoidable...
yeah i don't think you did anything wrong

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Alien Vision
Have you ever been a minority? It feels so weird, and nearly everyone treats you differently. I'm nearly entirely Caucasian (although I got a fair share of Native American blood), and when I was the minority around Latinos and Blacks, it feels as if you're the "odd man out" all the time. And some people make sure you feel that (which can feel like a lesser form of the Jim Crow way of "keeping n***ers in their place"). And I only felt that in Elementary School. I can't imagine what that feels like for minorities around people who treat them differently constantly because of their skin pigmentation!

The reason so many minorities, specifically African and Native Americans, hide behind ancestry as an excuse is because of everything that happens because of what happened to their ancestors. Asian, Latino, and European immigrants came to American with some wealth and skills, and made money. Sure, many Asians and Latinos lost money, lands, and freedoms in various racial scares, but they were able to make a living.

African immigrants came as slaves with greater knowledge of farming than their masters. Eventually, the only things they had was their family, which could be taken away if they were sold. Even after slavery ended, most were still held down by racist laws, taxes, and bans on education. It wasn't until the 60's most of them could own anything that was truly "theirs." And they are still reminded by their ancestors owner's descendants that they're black, and they have to work for their ancestor's owners.

Often one or both of an African-American parents are gone and/or their parents are too busy working to pay off bills to spend as much time with their kids (which causes to kids to spend all their time on the streets or with friends, which if their friends, which both could be dangerous to their future). Black kids also have a lack of motivation because nearly every black person around them is poor, even the hard workers, and nobody is really going anywhere. Nearly all of their role models are athletes and musicians (two jobs suited for very few) or some sort of thug, whom usually make more money than the hard-working poor folks.

The only way they can afford college is a government grant (which can be confusing and hard to get, especially with government cutbacks), or to excel in a sport to get a scholarship. If they do the former, they could be denied on various grounds (it’s been proven that minorities are more often disapproved for such things than Caucasians). If they do the latter, they got to have a job (their sport), be in school, and have probably another job to pay for housing, expensive books, food, and whatnot. If they under perform in the sport, don’t make the roster, don’t live up to expectations, they can lose their scholarship. If they don’t perform in school they could also lose their scholarship.

So if you're wondering why African-American youth end out much worse than Caucasian youth, that's why. If you put white children in the same situation as African-American children, they'd probably react much worse to their "White Man's Privilege" world view and viewing white as "normal," and being entitled to things black children aren't entitled to.

If we truly accepted other races, we'd celebrate an African countries' democratic independence just as much as St. Patrick's Day, an Irish Holiday. (more food ftw!) If everyone accepted and celebrated other races as much as their own, then racism would truly die a slow and painful death.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
@ Alien Vision
Have you ever been a minority? It feels so weird, and nearly everyone treats you differently. I'm nearly entirely Caucasian (although I got a fair share of Native American blood), and when I was the minority around Latinos and Blacks, it feels as if you're the "odd man out" all the time. And some people make sure you feel that (which can feel like a lesser form of the Jim Crow way of "keeping n***ers in their place"). And I only felt that in Elementary School. I can't imagine what that feels like for minorities around people who treat them differently constantly because of their skin pigmentation!

The reason so many minorities, specifically African and Native Americans, hide behind ancestry as an excuse is because of everything that happens because of what happened to their ancestors. Asian, Latino, and European immigrants came to American with some wealth and skills, and made money. Sure, many Asians and Latinos lost money, lands, and freedoms in various racial scares, but they were able to make a living.

African immigrants came as slaves with greater knowledge of farming than their masters. Eventually, the only things they had was their family, which could be taken away if they were sold. Even after slavery ended, most were still held down by racist laws, taxes, and bans on education. It wasn't until the 60's most of them could own anything that was truly "theirs." And they are still reminded by their ancestors owner's descendants that they're black, and they have to work for their ancestor's owners.

Often one or both of an African-American parents are gone and/or their parents are too busy working to pay off bills to spend as much time with their kids (which causes to kids to spend all their time on the streets or with friends, which if their friends, which both could be dangerous to their future). Black kids also have a lack of motivation because nearly every black person around them is poor, even the hard workers, and nobody is really going anywhere. Nearly all of their role models are athletes and musicians (two jobs suited for very few) or some sort of thug, whom usually make more money than the hard-working poor folks.

The only way they can afford college is a government grant (which can be confusing and hard to get, especially with government cutbacks), or to excel in a sport to get a scholarship. If they do the former, they could be denied on various grounds (it’s been proven that minorities are more often disapproved for such things than Caucasians). If they do the latter, they got to have a job (their sport), be in school, and have probably another job to pay for housing, expensive books, food, and whatnot. If they under perform in the sport, don’t make the roster, don’t live up to expectations, they can lose their scholarship. If they don’t perform in school they could also lose their scholarship.

So if you're wondering why African-American youth end out much worse than Caucasian youth, that's why. If you put white children in the same situation as African-American children, they'd probably react much worse to their "White Man's Privilege" world view and viewing white as "normal," and being entitled to things black children aren't entitled to.

If we truly accepted other races, we'd celebrate an African countries' democratic independence just as much as St. Patrick's Day, an Irish Holiday. (more food ftw!) If everyone accepted and celebrated other races as much as their own, then racism would truly die a slow and painful death.
At first you stated a solid point that I already understood. Then you lost some credibility at the end. Yes I've been alone most of my life not because of my skin colour, but the reason how I see this world. Still a minority. I had a terrible childhood, but you don't see me backing up my individuality with my childhood. I am backing it up with my brute willpower. This is my sole point. People should not be using BS to fight for their individuality. They need to prove themselves at their fullest, no matter if the odds weigh against them.

This is where you lost some credibility - ''If everyone accepted and celebrated other races as much as their own, then racism would truly die a slow and painful death.'' This is where you are wrong. This world will always have chaos, and people biting other people in the face over stupid indifferences. There will always be people out there nitpicking every mistake you have while they think they are some perfect god.

There will never be peace, only logical peace. I would explain why, but not many people take my psychology seriously.

frotaz37

Smash Lord

I am forced to speak my mind one day, and they pull the History Card just because I was winning the argument. It was a defense mechanism. It exists, I don't care what you say.
It would still help a lot if you could be more specific about what was said, but I think I get it...

Here's what you need to understand. Each person is different. How each persons past effects them is completely different. When you see a person supposedly using this defense mechanism, you simply have no idea what is going through their head. So then, say, you see a situation that you deem similar, and you hear of a situation you deem similar from a friend...so you lump all these behaviors you deem similar into a box and decide that it's "a defense mechanism that black people use", and get so worked up over it you will even label it disgusting. So now you're feeling all these negative emotions about this "defense mechanism that black people use" when in reality you have no idea why each different black individual was acting the way they were.

You've created a stereotype based on a few isolated incidents, and you've gone as far as to label it a huge problem, one that disgusts you.

This just doesn't seem reasonable in any way.

Yes I've been alone most of my life not because of my skin colour, but the reason how I see this world. Still a minority.
It's just really, really, really not comparable. Maybe it would be comparable if everyone could read everyones mind...but even then, just maybe.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
It would still help a lot if you could be more specific about what was said, but I think I get it...

Here's what you need to understand. Each person is different. How each persons past effects them is completely different. When you see a person supposedly using this defense mechanism, you simply have no idea what is going through their head. So then, say, you see a situation that you deem similar, and you hear of a situation you deem similar from a friend...so you lump all these behaviors you deem similar into a box and decide that it's "a defense mechanism that black people use", and get so worked up over it you will even label it disgusting. So now you're feeling all these negative emotions about this "defense mechanism that black people use" when in reality you have no idea why each different black individual was acting the way they were.

You've created a stereotype based on a few isolated incidents, and you've gone as far as to label it a huge problem, one that disgusts you.

This just doesn't seem reasonable in any way.
This is where my practices you don't believe come into play. I can figure out people easily when I come across them in life. How? Patterns they give off that I am able to put together into a completed puzzle I have in my head. This explains why I was the only one who could see my brother's other side and was right about it all in the end, after my parents finally saw it for themselves. I never had evidence to back myself up, nor to believe it just based off of it. I used psychology to see his patterns and how he reacted. Psychology has never let me down. It gets me through life. More and more people I talk to become interested in it. I even have a creepy psychology book that describes my entire life to a T. What about psychologists who are able to describe the characteristics, and behavior patterns of serial killers as if they grew up with them? Just because you cannot make a logical explanation, doesn't deem it inexistent. It hasn't failed me yet. Unlike ''God'', it has realistic results.

It's just really, really, really not comparable. Maybe it would be comparable if everyone could read everyones mind...but even then, just maybe.
That is a very bias thing to state as fact. People's burdens they carry should all be accepted as equal. Trying to make someone's past sound like they are worst than another's is ignorant, and childish. They had a bad life, that is all the equation should elaborate. I see how people complain about how they don't have a fan and people in other countries don't even have an A/C. It's getting irritating. People are starting needless wars, and trying to act like their life needs more exercise than somebody else's. It's a selfish thing to do.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At first you stated a solid point that I already understood. Then you lost some credibility at the end. Yes I've been alone most of my life not because of my skin colour, but the reason how I see this world. Still a minority. I had a terrible childhood, but you don't see me backing up my individuality with my childhood. I am backing it up with my brute willpower. This is my sole point. People should not be using BS to fight for their individuality. They need to prove themselves at their fullest, no matter if the odds weigh against them.

This is where you lost some credibility - ''If everyone accepted and celebrated other races as much as their own, then racism would truly die a slow and painful death.'' This is where you are wrong. This world will always have chaos, and people biting other people in the face over stupid indifferences. There will always be people out there nitpicking every mistake you have while they think they are some perfect god.

There will never be peace, only logical peace. I would explain why, but not many people take my psychology seriously.
While I agree with you when you said “People should not be using BS to fight for their individuality. They need to prove themselves at their fullest, no matter if the odds weigh against them.” I must say that part of solving the problem is understanding it.

For example, I literally spent all of my seventh grade year bedridden with illness (and before this I was as outgoing, energetic, happy, and motivated as could be; suddenly I was always tired and unmotivated because of my bleak situation). I was told there was a good chance I would die before the age of 12, yet I survived, and I became less and less bedridden until, at the age of 18, I completely overcame the illness that plagued me. While overcoming this adversity gave me tons of personal strength and confidence, I had some troubles relating to people. I viewed most people’s life problems as “petty” or “worthless,” although I did not say this aloud.

Was it my fault I viewed their life problems this way? No. I view their issues as “petty” because I didn’t understand why it mattered to them so much. When you’re worrying about life and death and your (literal) livelihood, everything else that doesn’t involve such things that weren’t in your life before is nothing short of an afterthought. However, understand the problem, why it happened, when it happened, and how it happened is a key to fixing the problem. While overcoming these adversities is hard to do, it’s near impossible without proper support for a child, especially without family support. Yet with so many poverty issues and absentee dads these days, I’m surprised any such youth could make it through life clean. I actually think it may be harder in some cases then what I went through as a teenager.

The different pigmentation in people’s skin makes them different. You know what I think of that? I think it’s awesome. If we all looked alike, it’d be awful. (Besides, I don’t think white girls are that attractive, which is why my girlfriend isn’t white at all! :laugh:) As for people’s personalities or choices that aren’t destructive or truly evil, that’s different. What I meant with that quote is the good of the event, the good of the culture, not the inherent evils of cultures, men, or a country.

Edit:What I'm really saying is we need to minority impoverished kids a chance to succeed, and not just endlessly compare them to white kids (besides, Japanese-Americans are actually better on testing, and are the wealthiest group in America; compare everyone to them, jk! :laugh:)

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
However, understand the problem, why it happened, when it happened, and how it happened is a key to fixing the problem.
You've earned all of my respect with this statement. This is exactly what I've been telling people. Understanding, and will, are the key attributes to what life is all about. I had no support as a child, and yet here I am now with my brute willpower. I didn't need ''God'', drugs, or support. I relied upon myself. Our Self is one of the most powerful elements in life. If we can understand ourselves, we can understand our problems and the world around us.

Very well said, Johnknight.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I must say understanding and learning from others problems and success can be just as much of a tool of success as understanding and learning from yourself. After all, if you only learn from yourself, that is your very limit.

And I must disagree about you calling yourself your most powerful strength. IMO, your most powerful strength in life is not yourself, but your ability to learn. “Information is the currency of democracy.” –Thomas Jefferson

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
If you understand yourself, you can understand the world around you.
Please don't lose your credibility. I want you to keep it. Everything that we do, or see, comes from our actions. Everything derives from ourselves. If we didn't have ourselves, nothing would exist. We wouldn't be able to perceive anything. We chose to listen, and take other people's aspects to learn from it. Understanding, and will, comes from our mind, not anyone else's. The first step we take is always our own.

Understanding who we are is the most powerful tool, don't deny it.

We can only manifest other people's ideas, actions.

If what you said was even remotely true, why am I here right now, when I only relied upon myself?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Just because we understand ourselves, doesnt mean we can definitely understand the world - just our little "realm." (what affects us in this life)

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Just because we understand ourselves, doesnt mean we can definitely understand the world - just our little "realm." (what affects us in this life)
The only reason why you think this, is because you're used to people who act like they understand themselves, but can't see for **** about this world. When you find somebody who is genuine about understanding themselves for what they are capable of, able to use their fullest potential anytime they want, that is when you set the statistics. You will not find many people who are able to to this, just so you know.

When people are lost in their own labyrinth, they are too busy questioning needless things. When you are out of this labyrinth, you are able to look at the world from all kinds of different perspectives, even for yourself. You are able to feel, and understand why people react the way they do. Why things exist. Why that guy picked that colour instead of the other colour, since you are on common grounds with yourself, and can concentrate on deeper questions.

If someone didn't understand themselves, they wouldn't see things like this. It's what I call an ''Internal Distraction''.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Alien Vision is just mad cause he wishes he was black.
I used to act black when I was younger. Sometimes you just have to accept who you really are in the end. I am sorry that you actually like to say your past is harder than mine though.

Too bad, my neutrality's level is over 9000.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
What on earth are you talking about mate?
I told you how my childhood was ****, and you actually tried to reason that my childhood couldn't compete with the childhood of let's say a black person. I was dislodged from the rest of the society because of my difference. That is the exact same context as every other BS that goes on in life. Just because I am white, doesn't make it any easier for me.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I told you how my childhood was ****, and you actually tried to reason that my childhood couldn't compete with the childhood of let's say a black person.
I never said this. I don't know where you're getting this from.

Just because I am white, doesn't make it any easier for me.
Sorry to burst your bubble but being white does make it easier for you, whether you notice it or not.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Sorry to burst your bubble but being white does make it easier for you, whether you notice it or not.
First you preach on about how things aren't the same for everyone else, now you are trying to say being white is easier than any other race because it's fact, for every white person on Earth?

You are an idiot.

/Endofdiscussion

frotaz37

Smash Lord
First you preach on about how things aren't the same for everyone else, now you are trying to say being white is easier than any other race because it's fact, for every white person on Earth?

You are an idiot.

/Endofdiscussion
Why are you so mad?
You're purposely misinterpreting what I'm saying just so you can get mad at it.
I don't understand why it's so hard to accept that in many parts of the world, white people in general have it way better than others. This is pretty common knowledge, and why you think you're somehow an exception to the rule is beyond me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why was this even posted? I think we all know the difference. They are just both can be ingnorant and can really offend people. . .

You're basically saying "I'm not racist, I'm just an a-hole" Which is fine by me.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Why are you so mad?
You're purposely misinterpreting what I'm saying just so you can get mad at it.
I don't understand why it's so hard to accept that in many parts of the world, white people in general have it way better than others. This is pretty common knowledge, and why you think you're somehow an exception to the rule is beyond me.
I'm not mad. You're just saying one thing and then doing exactly the opposite of what you argued about. -.-

It's not common knowledge. People get picked on for other **** too. Stop centering it only on blacks, and people's skin colours. For ****'s sake, you are being ignorant. It's the fact that in the end. ITS ALL BULL****. People get picked on even for just a tiny little problem that they can't help, by anybody.

It's called humans have an inferiority complex. I already explained this, and you shot it down because ''I hav nu evidunce lolololo1''.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I'm not mad. You're just saying one thing and then doing exactly the opposite of what you argued about. -.-
No I'm not, you are purposely misinterpreting what I say.

It's not common knowledge. People get picked on for other **** too. Stop centering it only on blacks, and people's skin colours. For ****'s sake, you are being ignorant. It's the fact that in the end. ITS ALL BULL****. People get picked on even for just a tiny little problem that they can't help, by anybody.
Just because somebody has it easier than somebody else because of their skin color doesn't mean they are immune to being picked on.

Anyway, I don't know why you insist on insulting me in every paragraph. It's getting really old. If you really don't think white people have it easier, you should take some time to educate yourself on the subject.

You can start here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3812249801848706206

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
No I'm not, you are purposely misinterpreting what I say.

Just because somebody has it easier than somebody else because of their skin color doesn't mean they are immune to being picked on.

Anyway, I don't know why you insist on insulting me in every paragraph. It's getting really old. If you really don't think white people have it easier, you should take some time to educate yourself on the subject.

You can start here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3812249801848706206
I'm not insulting you. I'm insulting your actions.

Tell me, how am I misinterpreting what you are trying to get across? When you just preached that things vary in things, while now you are stating something as if it's fact. I know that the majority of white people get the easy way in, but you still act like in the end every single white person has it easier than a black person. <-- This is simply ridiculous.
So many things happen in life, so many paths, so many decisions, so many factors, it's impossible to say that every white person has it easier than blacks or any other person who isn't white. I know blacks out there who are happy, getting good jobs, and literally just kicking serious ***, personality and all. I also know whites who are getting ****ed over by BS, when they have the IQ, the brains, and the personality.

So what the **** are you talking about? Are you just regurgitating everything you hear?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I'm not insulting you. I'm insulting your actions.
Saying "you're an idiot" and "you are so ignorant" is not insulting a persons actions. It's insulting a person.

I know that the majority of white people get the easy way in, but you still act like in the end every single white person has it easier than a black person. <-- This is simply ridiculous.
I never said that. I'm not "acting" like anything. You're seriously just throwing straw man arguments at me at a rate a can't even keep up with. Show me where I said that every black person has it harder than every white person. Oh, you can't. Because I never said it.

See, you say
I know that the majority of white people get the easy way in
..yet you refuse to accept the possibility that MAYBE you are a part of that majority. Maybe your life has been easier because you aren't a minority. Maybe being white has made your life easier.

Now before you say "PFT WELL IT HASN'T AND YOU'RE DUMB" I really hope you take time to learn more about white privilege and how it could be effecting your life, because as it stands it's pretty apparent you don't know much about the subject.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Saying "you're an idiot" and "you are so ignorant" is not insulting a persons actions. It's insulting a person.

I never said that. I'm not "acting" like anything. You're seriously just throwing straw man arguments at me at a rate a can't even keep up with. Show me where I said that every black person has it harder than every white person. Oh, you can't. Because I never said it.

See, you say ..yet you refuse to accept the possibility that MAYBE you are a part of that majority. Maybe your life has been easier because you aren't a minority. Maybe being white has made your life easier.

Now before you say "PFT WELL IT HASN'T AND YOU'RE DUMB" I really hope you take time to learn more about white privilege and how it could be effecting your life, because as it stands it's pretty apparent you don't know much about the subject.
You don't say it. You imply it. If I directed any insults, pay no attention to it. It's not directed at you, it's directed at your current actions towards discussing, to emphasis my wish to defend my perspective.

I am not even talking about myself. I am talking about how you state the black men get all the **** theory. When there are alot of people who go through hell no matter what they do, or look like. I believe you are being incessant over something. Are you sure you just aren't being a bit too overeactive about things? I know there is alot of **** going on, it's a fact. But, to say that it's mainly black and other people, and white people are the cherry ontop is simply ********.

Look, it's not like I am oblivious to like.. I rarely see a black person in the ''missing'' papers. It's obvious there is some colour segregation going on, but not at the level where there is a huge blimp flying outside that says ''WHITES WILL RULE ALL! ! !''. Seriously. You make it sound so IMPORTANT. When there are only minor cases, and the media twistes **** ALL the time, no matter the colour, or ethnicity.

I am not forming a strawman argument, I am generalizing a potential idea unlike you.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're basically saying "I'm not racist, I'm just an a-hole" Which is fine by me.
That made me lol.

People get picked on for other **** too. Stop centering it only on blacks, and people's skin colours. For ****'s sake, you are being ignorant. It's the fact that in the end. ITS ALL BULL****. People get picked on even for just a tiny little problem that they can't help, by anybody.
I think frotaz's point is that if you were the same person you are now, living in the U.S., but black, you would have an even harder time than you are already having. As in, you would be dealing with your same issues, but you would most likely have to deal with larger obstacles on top of it all. Institutionalized racism and other problems kind of get compounded onto everyone's day-to-day frustrations.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I think frotaz's point is that if you were the same person you are now, living in the U.S., but black, you would have an even harder time than you are already having. As in, you would be dealing with your same issues, but you would most likely have to deal with larger obstacles on top of it all.
Not for every black person..

Besides, I already explained. I've seen both black people having it hard, and white people having it hard. They both have their unfair obstacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom