• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm not racist. I stereotype - it's faster."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
"Yes you are but what am I?" seems to be what this is boiling down to. It's kinda funny but kind of irritating at the same time.

"Look, it's not like I am oblivious to like.. I rarely see a black person in the ''missing'' papers. It's obvious there is some colour segregation going on, but not at the level where there is a huge blimp flying outside that says ''WHITES WILL RULE ALL! ! !''. Seriously. You make it sound so IMPORTANT. When there are only minor cases, and the media twistes **** ALL the time, no matter the colour, or ethnicity."
This is hyperbole and strawman all wrapped in one.

You complain about what the otherside is doing and do it worse yourself. A little hypocritical, or hypocratical if you prefer ^^;

You are very confrontational in your arguing, in every arguement that I've seen you in.

You're an ignorant moron. Not you as a person but what you say. That is my opinion but to each their own.

If I sound insulting to you, bare it no heed as it's not directed at you, it's directed at your current and past actions towards discussing. I'm simply trying to help you understand using common sense, unlike you. And besides it's just words. So you should not be offended by them. You should use your will power to not be hurt by poor excuses to make you look bad, because they are just words and nothing more.

Minorities have all the difficulties whites have, plus more simply because they are a minority. Just because white's suffer doesn't not invalidate that the minorites suffer equally or worse.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
You don't say it. You imply it.
You can't discuss something properly if you're constantly assuming the other person is implying things with their words. I'm not implying anything, what I say should be taken at face value only.

I am not even talking about myself. I am talking about how you state the black men get all the **** theory.
Again, I never said this....

I believe you are being incessant over something. Are you sure you just aren't being a bit too overeactive about things? I know there is alot of **** going on, it's a fact. But, to say that it's mainly black and other people, and white people are the cherry ontop is simply ********.
I don't understand why you are condemning me for trying to discuss race in a thread about racism.

Look, it's not like I am oblivious to like.. I rarely see a black person in the ''missing'' papers. It's obvious there is some colour segregation going on, but not at the level where there is a huge blimp flying outside that says ''WHITES WILL RULE ALL! ! !''
These are not good examples and do not help your case for not being oblivious.

Seriously. You make it sound so IMPORTANT. When there are only minor cases, and the media twistes **** ALL the time, no matter the colour, or ethnicity.
It IS important. Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it isn't important. Just because you can't see why it would be important to people doesn't mean it isn't important.
The healthcare, property, education, and employment that colored people have access to is usually lower quality and inadequate when compared with that of white people. In the justice system, colored peopleusuallyhave it worse than white people. Colored people are often portrayed more negatively than white people by the media. The quality of life for colored people is often less than that of white people. These are not minor things. These are major issues that effect the lives of countless individuals each day. These are major problems that people have dedicated their lives to improving. Major problems that people have died trying to improve.

Just because you don't see why it would be so important to people, doesn't mean it isn't important.

:bluejump:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
"Yes you are but what am I?" seems to be what this is boiling down to. It's kinda funny but kind of irritating at the same time.

"Look, it's not like I am oblivious to like.. I rarely see a black person in the ''missing'' papers. It's obvious there is some colour segregation going on, but not at the level where there is a huge blimp flying outside that says ''WHITES WILL RULE ALL! ! !''. Seriously. You make it sound so IMPORTANT. When there are only minor cases, and the media twistes **** ALL the time, no matter the colour, or ethnicity."

This is hyperbole and strawman all wrapped in one.

You complain about what the otherside is doing and do it worse yourself. A little hypocritical, or hypocratical if you prefer ^^;

You are very confrontational in your arguing, in every arguement that I've seen you in.

You're an ignorant moron. Not you as a person but what you say. That is my opinion but to each their own.

If I sound insulting to you, bare it no heed as it's not directed at you, it's directed at your current and past actions towards discussing. I'm simply trying to help you understand using common sense, unlike you.

Minorities have all the difficulties whites have, plus more simply because they are a minority. Just because white's suffer doesn't not invalidate that the minorites suffer equally or worse.
Oh man, I lol'd at the way you buried what you think of me, because you aren't understanding what I am trying to get across. I'm sorry that I am a human being who has a backbone in their arguments. I show good heart in what I believe in, and atleast try to back it up without people like you misunderstanding me.

I am ignorant? Wow, I mean. Just, wow. I was just stating that people complain about one thing because everything just accumlates underground. They lose face in the whole picture, and forget about all of the other problems we have that isn't just skin colour, and all that segregation stuff. If I am ignorant for trying to bring thought to a bigger variety of things, than I feel sorry for myself.

You? Insult me? Trust me, nobody can insult me. Only I can insult myself.

@ Frota

It IS important. Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it isn't important. Just because you can't see why it would be important to people doesn't mean it isn't important.
The healthcare, property, education, and employment that colored people have access to is usually lower quality and inadequate when compared with that of white people. In the justice system, colored peopleusuallyhave it worse than white people. Colored people are often portrayed more negatively than white people by the media. The quality of life for colored people is often less than that of white people. These are not minor things. These are major issues that effect the lives of countless individuals each day. These are major problems that people have dedicated their lives to improving. Major problems that people have died trying to improve.

Just because you don't see why it would be so important to people, doesn't mean it isn't important.
Let me rephrase it a little bit for you. It's important and should be addressed, yes.

It's not SUPER IMPORTANT'ER (lol) than EVERYTHING else.

I am trying to make a point that there is a whole **** load of problems out there that should be confronted, but it's not. I am trying to shed light on these other problems, and all you want to do is shed light on one thing.. Thats extremely self-centered.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol. Let's play nice, everybody. Hug the poster above you, whether you like them or not.

@Alien Vision: You're technically right. Not every single black person has it worse than every single white person. Typically though, in these discussions, we're talking about ethnic and racial communities as a whole. There may be some examples of minorities who have more money than you and are better off. A rich minority person most likely does not have it worse than a white person living at or below poverty. But I think we are comparing people with similar conditions for this discussion. It sucks to live at poverty level regardless of your race. It sucks harder when you are a disadvantaged minority. I believe that's the key point here.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
It's not SUPER IMPORTANT'ER (lol) than EVERYTHING else.
Nobody said it is. You're getting this from your own head, Mr. Scarecrow.

I am trying to make a point that there is a whole **** load of problems out there that should be confronted, but it's not. I am trying to shed light on these other problems, and all you want to do is shed light on one thing.. Thats extremely self-centered.
IT'S A THREAD ABOUT RACISM :laugh:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Lol. Let's play nice, everybody. Hug the poster above you, whether you like them or not.

@Alien Vision: You're technically right. Not every single black person has it worse than every single white person. Typically though, in these discussions, we're talking about ethnic and racial communities as a whole. There may be some examples of minorities who have more money than you and are better off. A rich minority person most likely does not have it worse than a white person living at or below poverty. But I think we are comparing people with similar conditions for this discussion. It sucks to live at poverty level regardless of your race. It sucks harder when you are a disadvantaged minority. I believe that's the key point here.
I know this very well. I was trying to explain to Frotaz that it isn't fact that every black person goes through this cycle.

IT'S A THREAD ABOUT RACISM
I KNOW IT IS. Which is why I am trying to exercise a broader overview on the **** that goes on in life, and not just your segregation arguments. I am still relating to the OP regardless..

Man, whoever thought it was a good idea to bring up racism on the Internet?
I would say that I am not the only person who wishes to share what is on his mind..

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
But can we agree that if we talk about the big picture, the majority of persons of color in the U.S. live at a lower standard than the white majority (not every white person)?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Oh man, I lol'd at the way you buried what you think of me, because you aren't understanding what I am trying to get across. I'm sorry that I am a human being who has a backbone in their arguments. I show good heart in what I believe in, and atleast try to back it up without people like you misunderstanding me.

I am ignorant? Wow, I mean. Just, wow. I was just stating that people complain about one thing because everything just accumlates underground. They lose face in the whole picture, and forget about all of the other problems we have that isn't just skin colour, and all that segregation stuff. If I am ignorant for trying to bring thought to a bigger variety of things, than I feel sorry for myself.

You? Insult me? Trust me, nobody can insult me. Only I can insult myself.

Oh man, I lol'd at you thinking that you know what I think, because you aren't understanding just how rediculous you sound. I'm sorry that despite your will power, you still took offense to what I said. I show sound mind in what I discuss, and when I see people acting ignorantly, try to make them quit while they're behind.

I wasn't calling you ignorant, it was directed at your current way of debating and your close minded world view. But wow, just wow, you didn't even realize that I am talking just like you do to help you understand why you're getting so much flack in these arguements.

Since you said so I guess then yes, you should feel sorry for yourself. That whole speel about bringing in the larger picture is totally irrelevent. Because this blog is about rascism and steriotyping. That's the topic for discussion. And nothing else matters. We can talk about the other issues aside from skin color and walking out with watermelons another time in a different topic.

No I did not insult you, you simply missunderstood my intentions.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
And you're somehow separate from that white majority, right? Because of your unique mind and bad childhood or something?
No.

What I said earlier was explaining that there are other problems that gives us hell in the end not just segregation.

Oh man, I lol'd at you thinking that you know what I think, because you aren't understanding just how rediculous you sound. I'm sorry that despite your will power, you still took offense to what I said. I show sound mind in what I discuss, and when I see people acting ignorantly, try to make them quit while they're behind.

I wasn't calling you ignorant, it was directed at your current way of debating and your close minded world view. But wow, just wow, you dind't even realize that I was talking just like you do to help you understand why you're getting so much flack in these arguements.

Since you said so I guess then yes, you should feel sorry for yourself. That whole speel about bringing in the larger picture is totally irrelevent. Because this blog is about rascism and steriotyping. That's the topic for discussion. And nothing else matters. We can talk about the other issues aside from skin color and walking out with watermelons another time in a different topic.

No I did not insult you, you simply missunderstood my intentions.
You've lost all credibility there. I really liked the way you misunderstood me, now you are making a fool out of yourself. I won't be responding to anymore of your petty attempts to show me that I am somehow ignorant.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I don't need to, you just did it yourself right there. Just now. er..actually 4 minutes ago. **** crashboards being slow. .__.;

In essense you want people to understand and yet you choose to be unable to understand. Your way is the only right way. It's almost like a might makes right kind of thing going on.

The other problems are not what we're discussin here...right? The title is: I'm not racist. I stereotype - it's faster," Not "rascism is kinda bad, but you should look at the bigger picture."

frotaz37

Smash Lord
:yeahboi:

What I said earlier was explaining that there are other problems that gives us hell in the end not just segregation.
That whole speel about bringing in the larger picture is totally irrelevent. Because this blog is about rascism and steriotyping. That's the topic for discussion. And nothing else matters. We can talk about the other issues aside from skin color and walking out with watermelons another time in a different topic.
:denzel:

You've lost all credibility there. I really liked the way you misunderstood me, now you are making a fool out of yourself. I won't be responding to anymore of your petty attempts to show me that I am somehow ignorant.
This did it for me. I can't stop laughing. This guy is toooo ridiculous.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I love how you're still clinging to the "broader idea" defense when it's clearly not the point you were trying to make.

People need to learn how to stop letting their past affect their present. We are not the ones who tortured their ancestors. The ones who did are dead. I've noticed alot of blacks trying to use their past as an escape-goat to win fights, arguments, and control. I believe this is the most insulting of them all.

Unlike racism, these people still exist at a notable level. I don't see people complaining about them. Knowing how they use their past to earn their respect, they should be shunned by everybody.
Unlike racism, these people still exist at a notable level.
Oh.
I see nothing in here about broadening ideas.
Oh.
You lose.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I love how you're still clinging to the "broader idea" defense when it's clearly not the point you were trying to make.

Unlike racism, these people still exist at a notable level.
Oh.
I see nothing in here about broadening ideas.
Oh.
You lose.
Wait a moment. ''Unlike racism, these people still exist at a notable level. I don't see people complaining about them. Knowing how they use their past to earn their respect, they should be shunned by everybody.''

This infact does not derail from my overall point. My broader view was about shedding light on more than just one problem involving racism, and other problems. Which as you can see ''I don't see people complaining about them'' specifies I am trying to zero in on a broader assortment of problems. After this, we debated for awhile, then I changed from shedding light on the problem, into explaining that my broader problems was no different than your whites get easier lives than black people.

This is not a childish game, please stop looking at me as if I am some ignorant hardass, who needs his bib. I am just a strong debater, even if you don't get my point I am trying to get across. El Nino seems to understand me just fine. I wonder why?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Because he is a very cool level headed guy, who probably thinks exactly the same as the rest of us, but chooses not to say so because his maturity level is a little higher.

That said, you called someone self centered...and then made the thread about you?

then I changed from shedding light on the problem, into explaining that my broader problems was no different than your whites get easier lives than black people.
lol wut.

Don't get me wrong I do agree about you and problems, but there is a difference between a strong debater and someone who simply refuses to listen to anyone who has a different view or mindset than himself. [The latter is you, if you didn't understand me.] I would venture to say they are completely different things.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Frotaz, if you can't be mature when it boils down to the end. That is very sad. Can't properly end this debate. You continue to deny that you did not make me lose. Stop being a child and ****ing show me that I lost. I dare you to. I will destroy those misinterpretations too. Give me all you've got.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
You haven't been being mature at all this whole time!!! I'm sorry I can no longer take this discussion seriously.

Not that it matters, cause you already lost.. I suggest you take the shame.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
You haven't been being mature at all this whole time!!! I'm sorry I can no longer take this discussion seriously.

Not that it matters, cause you already lost.. I suggest you take the shame.
Who are you to state maturity? I stated why I didn't lost, and you neglected it ever since. How mature is that? You actually didn't answer something worth ****, while I answered every single argument that you put up.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I'm an aphotic noumenon. My mind only exists through other nonexistent minds that exists through my nonexistent mind.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Who are you to state maturity? I stated why I didn't lost, and you neglected it ever since. How mature is that? You actually didn't answer something worth ****, while I answered every single argument that you put up.
If he can't state anything about maturity, why can you? What makes you so much better? He didn't state it because I did it for him.

You answered him but you totally ignored me after the first post. I clash with your world view so therefore you completely shut down and shut me out.

Your statement about not losing is invalid. So you get
NOTHING.
Good day, sir.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If I don't date outside my race, that's my preference. Does that make me a racist? I don't see why it should. I'm also against cultural genocide. If you want to live somewhere, you abide to the rules, learn the language, and live like everybody else. You also don't try to change a country that you're not from. Does that make me racist? I don't see what it should. If I wanted to see a culture I can see here in the US, why would I bother wanting to see all around the world? I'm sure you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom