• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Chrom probably only was wanted because everyone expected to see Ike cut, and he was the ultimate "most likeable bandwagoned"... And now only because people feels bad with his memetic-character fame.

On topic... Mmm... Can I be full biased? (Because I want two characters that could be so old if they don't appear in other game between Smash 4 and Smash 5).
I was one of the people that wanted Chrom but I never wanted Ike to be cut from the roster because Ike represent the first 3D fire emblem game.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Just found this thread, I think it's a great, novel idea! That being said, here is my list:
Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Dr. Mario, Captain Toad
Zelda Series: Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Tetra
Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo, Gardevoir, Sceptile, Ivysaur
Kirby Series: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Bandana Dee
Fire Emblem Series: Marth, Robin, Ike, Corrin(did I spell it right?)
Kid Icarus Series: Pit, Viridi
Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Star Fox Series: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal
Metroid Series: Samus, Zero Suit Samus
Mother Series: Lucas, Ness
Others: Yoshi(Yoshi), Shulk(Xenoblade), Ice Climbers(Ice Climber), Takamaru(Mysterious Murasame Castle), Mega Man(Mega Man), Captain Falcon(F-Zero), Olimar(Pikmin), ROB(Nintendo Entertainment System), Little Mac(Punch-Out!!), Sonic(Sonic), Wario(Wario), Mr. game & Watch(Game&Watch), Villager(Animal Crossing), Ryu(Street Fighter), Snake(Metal Gear), Isaac(Golden Sun), Shantae(Shantae), Quote(Cave Story), Shovel Knight(Shovel Knight)

Well, there's my list! I hope I didn't offend anyone with my choices.

Troykv

Smash Master
Roster (Relative realistic one)

All the Characters from Smash 4 (52 + Miis = 53)

Returning Characters:

Wolf (54)
Snake (55)
Pichu (56)
Ice Climbers (57)
Squirtle (58)

EDIT: I forgot agree Ivysaur for some reason hahahaha xD I will put here as an additional character (68) and throw away one of my biased characters.

Newcomers:

King K. Rool (59)

The king's finest hour is finally here. Like Snake, a heavy weight character that has a trap/proyectil style.

Dixie (or Cranky) Kong: (60)

Everyone wants more DK Characters? TAKE ANOTHER XD

FE Character (61)

Obligatory rep. Most probably the Main Character specially if isn't another swordsman.

Bandana Dee (62)

A rising star. And he is cute :3

Pokémon Character (63)

Obligatory Rep

Captain Toad (64)

Basically a Bandana Dee from the Mario Series.

Ridley (65)

He... Is... Freaking RIDLEY! (We will need some creative liberties)

Isaac (66)

Would be a cool adition with earth Magic, and has many fans still waiting.

Inkling (67)

A cool idea from a cool game.

Unsure characters/Honorable Mentions: Waluigi, Paper Mario, Chibi Robo, etc.

Biased version:

Pretty much like the realistic one... With 2 extra characters.

Adeleine (69)

A Summoner Mage-like character with fun potential. Also one of my most wanted characters.

Micaiah (70)

My absolute most wanted character ever. A strategical glass cannon with interesting tools with her magic books and staffs. I love Micaiah.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Pfff, just make sure my two favorites are a lock and then check around what's popular, recent and/or works well.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Official Cuts: :4lucario::4charizard:
You're a terrible person. Lucario AND Charizard? That's quite a huge amount of damage to the Pokemon roster

-:rosalina:: she is shoo-in in every new Mario game but putting her in a fighting game when this character doesnt even fight while we have other Mario characters that can fight is not a good idea, also Daisy was more important than her in Mario games.
Not that I want to disagree, but I want to ask you this question. If Daisy is more important in the Mario games than Rosalina, why have she not appeared in main Mario games other than her debut Game, Super Mario Land? Rosalina has appeared in several main Mario games and by the viewpoint, a far more important character. Not to mention that Rosalina is an unlockable character in one of the recent Mario games that somewhat makes her a fighter somewhat. While I agree that Nintendo is trying to stuff her down our throat and should take it easy, at least think about that for a moment.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
You're a terrible person. Lucario AND Charizard? That's quite a huge amount of damage to the Pokemon roster
Agreed. Zard is the most popular First Gen starter and arguably the most popular starter ever. As for Lucario, he kinda represents a newer age of Pokemon despite not being a starter, a legendary or even a psuedo-legendary. Instead, it's more like he's treated as an actual character rather than just another Pokemon. At least that's how I see it anyway. But yeah, losing those two would cause some serious harm to the Pokemon representation in Smash. I don't think that will ever happen, though.

Not that I want to disagree, but I want to ask you this question. If Daisy is more important in the Mario games than Rosalina, why have she not appeared in main Mario games other than her debut Game, Super Mario Land? Rosalina has appeared in several main Mario games and by the viewpoint, a far more important character. Not to mention that Rosalina is an unlockable character in one of the recent Mario games that somewhat makes her a fighter somewhat. While I agree that Nintendo is trying to stuff her down our throat and should take it easy, at least think about that for a moment.
I don't believe that Nintendo is shoving her down our throats. She is popular, yes, which would make sense to have her show up in more Mario games after her debut. That's just making good use of her popularity. I don't think we want her to become the next Daisy, do we?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm really choosey about my roster preferences, and want to cut more than 5. That rule is really a downer for me, but I'm going to try and make it work.

Mario Series:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr:
Official Cuts: none
*Notes:
-:4drmario: will return as a costume.
-Bowser Jr. will ditch the kart, and bring on the brush.
-Peach's neutral b will no longer include Toad. It will now be her blowing a kiss that stuns the opponent.

-:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: will no longer be costumes.

Pokemon Series:
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4greninja:
Official Cuts: :4lucario::4charizard:

Legend of Zelda Series:
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf: Impa, Midna
*Notes:
-:4zelda:'s moveset will be changed to be around 90% :4sheik:. :4sheik: will also be a costume, as well as Tetra.
-:4tlink: is a costume for Link.
-:4ganondorf:'s moveset will change to be trident-based.

DK Series:
:4dk::4diddy: Dixie, K.Rool

Yoshi Series:
:4yoshi:
OC:none

WarioWare series:
:4wario2: Ashley
OC: none
*notes:
-Wario will adopt more of his Wario Land moveset. example: Bike will be replaced with shoulder rush

Kirby Series:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:
OC: None

Star Fox Series"
:foxmelee::falcomelee::wolf: Krystal
OC: None
*notes:
-:falcomelee: will mostly adopt :4zss:'s specials, to further differentiate him with :foxmelee:
-:wolf: specials will be inspired by spy/bounty hunter tactics (grappling hooks and nets), as well as being able to shoot a lazer out his bad eye, in order to further differentiate himself from :foxmelee:.

Metroid Series:
:4samus: Ridley
*notes:
-some of :4zss:'s aerials will be adopted by :4samus:. :4zss: will also be a costume.

Fire Emblem Series:
:4marth::4myfriends: Chrom Azura
OC: :4robinm::4lucina:
DLC cuts: :4feroy:(seeing that they're separate from the in game roster, I don't consider them as an OC)
*notes:
-:4marth: will have a mask costume. In this specific costume, he'll say Lucina's phrases in Japanese.

Kid Icarus Series:
:4pit::4palutena:,Viridi
*notes:
-:4darkpit: will be a costume, even though the name "Dark Pit" will never be officially said by the announcer.
With the DP costume, Pit's Victory theme will change.

F-Zero Series:
:4falcon: Black Shadow

Mother(Earthbound) Series:
:4ness::4lucas:
*notes:
-:4lucas: will get some dramatic changes to how his attacks work. Will explain further if asked.

Animal Crossing Series:
:4villager: Tom Nook
*notes:
-Tom Nook will play mostly like Tanooki suit Mario.

Pikmin:
:4olimar:
*notes:
-:4alph: will no longer be a costume.

Retro character Series:
:4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob::popo: Sukapon, Lip, Ayumi, Goku, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Mini Kangaroo
*notes:
-DHD will stand on 2 legs, and undergo a slight kit change.

Misc. character Series:
:4shulk: Inkling, Wonder Red, Doshin, Chibi Robo, Starfy, Saki, Ray, Sami, Isaac
OC: :4wiifit:

3rd Party Series:
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:
Bomberman, Shantae

DLC cuts::4ryu:

Will update if I realize I'm missing any. I know I am, I just know it.
I hope you never become in charge of an upcoming Smash roster lol

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I hope you never become in charge of an upcoming Smash roster lol
Fair enough. I've been thinking the same about pretty much everyone else.:p

Mind telling me what you don't like though?

Last edited:

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Every Character from The 4 Smash games (just not Luciana and Dark Pit) (52 + Mii)

Newcomers
- King K. Roll (Donkey Komg Series) [54]
Just because a lot of people want him.

- Hades (Kid Icarus) [55]
Because my boss would be Sakurai and it would make more likely for me to get promoted.

- Dragonite (Pokemon) [56]
The first Dragon type pokemon MUST be on this game, Also, I would want to reinforce Gén 1, we already lost Bulbasaur and Squirtle at Sm4sh. . It also helps that it ends up being one of the best Pokemon in the game, even if it does look like a jaundiced Barney the Dinosaur. PS: He would have three jumps like Pit, he'd be Medium-heavy like Ike, and would come with a fully original moveset. (Not floaty)

- Aegislash (Pokemon) [57]
The newest Gén representant. Very popular on competitive play, his Down-b would be Stance Change, on Sword form he'd be Fast and have huge combo potencial (like sheik), but it would be hell hard to kill anyone (like sheik with no B-Fish or vanish), at Shield form it would be slow and with short jump (like Charizard), but would kill really early, like Ike. Also his animations (aerials, smashes tilts) would be The same, but would GO slow motion on Shield mode, like from sheiks F-air to 1.0.2 Ike'S F-air.

- Shovel Knight [58]
Becouse I love this game and this is MY list. There are a bunch of movesets for him out there, I have my own but that is for other moment.

- Plague Knight (Shovel Knight) [59]
Again, I love this game and its my list. The Plague DLC Isnt out yet, só I cant think of a full moveset for him. But from my fight against him as a boss I can say He'd have 5 jumps, be a fast faller and light.

- Isaac
Because most people want him.

Changed Characters
:ganondorf:
Complete rework, from zero.

:roypm:
I'd Change his Side-b and Give Luigi treatment on his Up-tilt, D-tilt, D-Smash.

:4jigglypuff:
Rest kills at 30-40 instead of 80%

:4peach:
Add more Down-b small chance spawns.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Mine.png

What I can see being an actual console roster if anything, I'll also include a dream "Fangame" roster on this thread later but there 'ya go. Also one thing that would be especially improved is custom moves, For example: You can finally have the Wario you dreamed of with a Shoulder Bash and Earthquake Punch, Pac-Man with his moves from Pac-Man World and even Mario with a groundpound or hammer tossing. Please note Piplup is there for Author Appeal, if it was someone else: I am sure it would be different unfortunently... Still should have filled in for Pichu in Brawl. :U

((Also, on the subject of Mario: He's more happy akin to his canon appearance. His appearance would be similar to Melee with the detailed textures but with much brighter colors akin to his actual self and all. The best I can compare it to is this))

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Gonna make another roster because I want to.

Returning characters:
Every character in Sm4sh except Lucina, Dark Pit, and Ryu
Wolf
Ice Climbers

Reworked characters:
:4wario2: Completely new specials to better represent Wario Land
:4samus: Tons of new attacks that don't have sucky hitboxes
:4zelda:/:4sheik: Can transform into each other with up taunt to not lose any specials
:4ganondorf: Obvious pick
:4tlink: More animated and energetic attacks
:4dk: Headbutt replaced with coconut gun
:4luigi: Uses a hammer and thunder for some attacks, carries a Poltergust at all times
:4sonic: Less ball attacks, new side special: Light Dash

New characters:
Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
Ridley (Metroid)
Waluigi (Mario)
Slippy (Starfox)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Pink Gold Peach

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Alts in green, cuts in red.

Fire Emblem: It's Corrin.

Newcomers:

Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Ashley, Midna, Classic Ganon, Ridley, Isabelle, Krystal, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Excitebiker, Blastoise, Corrin/Kamui, Inkling, Banjo-Kazooie

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Alts in green, cuts in red.

Fire Emblem: It's Corrin.

Newcomers:

Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Ashley, Midna, Classic Ganon, Ridley, Isabelle, Krystal, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Excitebiker, Blastoise, Corrin/Kamui, Inkling, Banjo-Kazooie
At first I seen you cut Ganondorf and almost said something

Then I seen Ganon take his place and now I won't say anything. Carry on.

Fair enough. I've been thinking the same about pretty much everyone else.:p

Mind telling me what you don't like though?
You seem to dislike the Zard

What did the Zard ever do to you?

Or Lucario for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
You seem to dislike the Zard

What did the Zard ever do to you?

Or Lucario for that matter.
Ooooooo uh :urg:, I just never really liked him. I'm sorry

For Lucario, I hate the Aura gimmick attached to him, and if he didn't have it I don't think he'd be interesting character. I'd rather have Zoroark to be honest, but I heard somewhere Sakurai couldn't get Illusion to work (not for Zoroark specifically I honestly don't remember who that was supposed to apply to), so I didn't put him either.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Ooooooo uh :urg:, I just never really liked him. I'm sorry

For Lucario, I hate the Aura gimmick attached to him, and if he didn't have it I don't think he'd be interesting character. I'd rather have Zoroark to be honest, but I heard somewhere Sakurai couldn't get Illusion to work (not for Zoroark specifically I honestly don't remember who that was supposed to apply to), so I didn't put him either.

It's okay

We all have our opinions

I'll just leave you to your wrong one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My roster is coming tomorrow morning because many things got in the way (especially the hard process of editing or looking for icons).

Then there's the process of thinking about alts. :urg:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Daisy has stayed way longer and appeared in way more games than Rosalina just because Daisy didn't appear in main Mario game since long time doesn't mean she isn't important than Rosalina, Nintendo maybe like Rosalina design more yellow hair wich is why they put her in every new Mario game.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Aaaand, Now for the Fangame roster. You can find my "Nintendo" roster above, so before you say this isn't likely or anything: of course it's not going to be for an actual console game, Fangame rules sorta apply differently if anything.
fangameroster.png

It would also include an option for players to make/code/create their own characters and some of them if accepted on a forum of such, would be accepted into the later versions of the game if I or someone else is to allow it.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
You're a terrible person. Lucario AND Charizard? That's quite a huge amount of damage to the Pokemon roster.
Ugh I didn't see this until after I put Charizard back on. Makes me want to change it back. Pokemon still has 4 reps, all of which are great characters with lots of diversity. With new Pokemon coming out every few years there's also room for more. I see no reason why I should have to defend cutting those two over everything else.

Agreed. Zard is the most popular First Gen starter and arguably the most popular starter ever. As for Lucario, he kinda represents a newer age of Pokemon despite not being a starter, a legendary or even a psuedo-legendary. Instead, it's more like he's treated as an actual character rather than just another Pokemon. At least that's how I see it anyway. But yeah, losing those two would cause some serious harm to the Pokemon representation in Smash. I don't think that will ever happen, though.
Charizard wins one crappy IGN poll and all the sudden he's more popular than Pikachu. I'm not buying it. He's back on my roster regardless, but stuff like this makes me want to take him off; not that it matters seeing it's my own personal choices, but I guess I'm starting to understand how Sakurai feels with all this damn negative reaction.

I really don't care about Lucario's status, he's easily the most overrated Pokemon I've seen yet. He has aura and a stupid Anubis design, and everyone drools over him:facepalm:. I considered putting in Zoroark, Genesect, or Hawlucha as a newer rep, but feel that there will be a new Pokemon next gen that I'll feel is more appropriate. Til' then I'll wait.

Honestly guys, there's still 4 POKEMON! (now 5 but you get the idea). What's the big deal?

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Charizard wins one crappy IGN poll and all the sudden he's more popular than Pikachu. I'm not buying it. He's back on my roster regardless, but stuff like this makes me want to take him off; not that it matters seeing it's my own personal choices, but I guess I'm starting to understand how Sakurai feels with all this damn negative reaction.
I get the feeling if you talk to a lot of people who played Pokemon back in the day in terms of starter Pokemon, they might tell you that Charizard was the s**t. I certainly thought so. I mean, a little lizard turning into a badass fire dragon? Why would anyone say no? Pikachu is pretty much still the face of the entirety of Pokemon, though. I doubt that will ever change.

I really don't care about Lucario's status, he's easily the most overrated Pokemon I've seen yet. He has aura and a stupid Anubis design, and everyone drools over him:facepalm:. I considered putting in Zoroark, Genesect, or Hawlucha as a newer rep, but feel that there will be a new Pokemon next gen that I'll feel is more appropriate. Til' then I'll wait.
It always comes back to that, doesn't it? Does everyone who has a problem with Lucario immediately start talking about how they dislike his aura mechanic? Anyway, people seem to like his overall design(I do too)which is in no way bad. He looks like Anubis, which is pretty freaking awesome if you ask me. And everyone drools over him because they wanted this badass fighting dog in their Pokemon teams. Seriously, have you ever played any of the Fourth Gen games? He's a fantastic partner to have on your team. He practically became the face of the Fourth Gen overnight, being not just another Pokemon, but his own character. Of course, his movie debut played a big role in all of this.

As for your suggestions:
Zoroark: I once thought this was a possibility when Smash 4 was announced but was still pulling for Lucario to return, which he did.
Genesect: What, is the most popular legendary ever not enough for you?:troll:
Hawlucha: Meh, not really my style. Plus we already have a well known fighting-type around. But your roster, I guess.

Honestly guys, there's still 4 POKEMON! (now 5 but you get the idea). What's the big deal?
One wouldn't just slap random Pokemon in the roster, replacing other fan favorites in the process(in your case)and call it a win. You gotta use the most widely loved Pokemon, otherwise risk severe backlash from fans. This is all hypothetically speaking, though. But I think one thing is for sure: Those two are in this for the long haul.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I get the feeling if you talk to a lot of people who played Pokemon back in the day in terms of starter Pokemon, they might tell you that Charizard was the s**t. I certainly thought so. I mean, a little lizard turning into a badass fire dragon? Why would anyone say no? Pikachu is pretty much still the face of the entirety of Pokemon, though. I doubt that will ever change.
Ok... What does that have to do with smash? I see a ton of people wanting to cut Jigs, and she was the most popular character in Japan back in the day, and definitely one of the most popular characters here. Doesn't seem to have translated that great over time now has it? The reason she's staying and Zard was going is A)imo her kit is actually interesting and B) she's part of the original 12.

It always comes back to that, doesn't it? Does everyone who has a problem with Lucario immediately start talking about how they dislike his aura mechanic? Anyway, people seem to like his overall design(I do too)which is in no way bad. He looks like Anubis, which is pretty freaking awesome if you ask me. And everyone drools over him because they wanted this badass fighting dog in their Pokemon teams. Seriously, have you ever played any of the Fourth Gen games? He's a fantastic partner to have on your team. He practically became the face of the Fourth Gen overnight, being not just another Pokemon, but his own character. Of course, his movie debut played a big role in all of this.
That's such a vague series of statements I don't know how you used it as your argument.

First off, if it "keeps coming back to the Aura mechanic, then maybe there's something to it. It rewards bad play, how stupid is that? I get that it's a standard for Smash these days via the Rage mechanic, but who says I'd bring that crap back either?

Secondly, being a good part of your team is a terrible argument. Why not Rayquaza then, or Garchomp, or even Aegislash then? I get that he became "the face of Pokemon" for a short time in a little remembered gen, but that didn't help Blaziken get a spot (he got popular w/o some movie to help him out), or even Victini, so why should I care so much about Lucario?

As for your suggestions:
Zoroark: I once thought this was a possibility when Smash 4 was announced but was still pulling for Lucario to return, which he did.
Genesect: What, is the most popular legendary ever not enough for you?:troll:
Hawlucha: Meh, not really my style. Plus we already have a well known fighting-type around. But your roster, I guess.
These were only suggestions, most of which based on what I've seen requested. I'd personally rather have Gengar or Meowth, and I also considered throwing in Sceptile, and Gardevoir too for fan's sake, but I guess no matter what I do it doesn't matter, seeing as no one can be as good as that good ole Lucario.

One wouldn't just slap random Pokemon in the roster, replacing other fan favorites in the process(in your case)and call it a win. You gotta use the most widely loved Pokemon, otherwise risk severe backlash from fans. This is all hypothetically speaking, though. But I think one thing is for sure: Those two are in this for the long haul.
There was an expectation leading up to 4 where many expected both Lucario and Charizard to not even return. I get that there'd be backlash, but I can guarantee it wouldn't be anything near the backlash Mewtwo's original cut, and if that's the case I should be fine. Plus no matter how much backlash there'd be, it wouldn't be able to overtake the immense amount of salt you guys are emitting, which right now is only further justifying this cut to me.

Enjoy the rest of the thread.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
At first I seen you cut Ganondorf and almost said something

Then I seen Ganon take his place and now I won't say anything. Carry on.
My rosters absent smash director's cap would make you real angry. And I won't lie, the temptation to make a controversial cut for salt's sake was strong. I wish I was in Zesty's seat right now, tbh.

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
My dream roster:

- Everyone from every Smash Bros game (even Pichu)

with newcomers:
- King K Rool
- Princess Daisy
- Shantae
- Rayman
- Inklings
- Banjo and Kazooie
- Ratchet and Clank
- Spyro
- Crash Bandicoot
- Klonoa
- Tails
- Isaac
- Bomberman
- Sailor Moon
- Bayonetta
- The Doctor (Doctor Who) (all 13)
- Ninja Turtles (Leo/Mike/Raph/Don)

Some choices most people have had I agree with. A roster like this will probably never happen but it's fun to imagine the possibilities...

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Ok... What does that have to do with smash? I see a ton of people wanting to cut Jigs, and she was the most popular character in Japan back in the day, and definitely one of the most popular characters here. Doesn't seem to have translated that great over time now has it? The reason she's staying and Zard was going is A)imo her kit is actually interesting and B) she's part of the original 12.
Because a character's popularity can translate into a chance at appearing in Smash. This combined with moveset potential and possible unique mechanics are part of Sakurai's criteria when determining eligibility for certain characters. Though I don't know where Sakurai came up with the mechanic for Lucario.

Just to be clear, I can't stand Jiggs. I wish she would get the axe already, but I know deep down inside that it will never happen. Just as people in the west have their likes, Japan has their likes. And they seem to like overly cute things.

That's such a vague series of statements I don't know how you used it as your argument.

First off, if it "keeps coming back to the Aura mechanic, then maybe there's something to it. It rewards bad play, how stupid is that? I get that it's a standard for Smash these days via the Rage mechanic, but who says I'd bring that crap back either?

Secondly, being a good part of your team is a terrible argument. Why not Rayquaza then, or Garchomp, or even Aegislash then? I get that he became "the face of Pokemon" for a short time in a little remembered gen, but that didn't help Blaziken get a spot (he got popular w/o some movie to help him out), or even Victini, so why should I care so much about Lucario?
The aura mechanic doesn't really "reward" bad play. The most successful Lucario users are those that are skilled enough to stay alive to make proper use of the aura mechanic and try to cause as much damage as possible to their opponent before they start getting hyped up by aura. A Lucario user that's playing bad is going to quickly find themselves down a stock, which means that they won't be able to utilize their aura because they don't have it anymore. Every player knows this, and if they can't get rid of him before he can start unleashing serious damage then they themselves should be considered to be playing just as bad as they think the Lucario user is. If you play bad with ANY character, even Lucario, you're going to lose. It's as simple as that. Unless you get a damn lucky shot.

He wasn't quite the face of Pokemon, just the 4th Gen. But Lucario is EASILY the most recognizable Pokemon from that era. I never said anything about you having to care about Lucario. If you don't like him, you don't like him, and that's all there is to it. All I said was that there are a lot of us that do, which kinda falls into Sakurai's popularity checklist, as well as him being relevant in modern era of Pokemon, which Sakurai also counts(or so he says).

These were only suggestions, most of which based on what I've seen requested. I'd personally rather have Gengar or Meowth, and I also considered throwing in Sceptile, and Gardevoir too for fan's sake, but I guess no matter what I do it doesn't matter, seeing as no one can be as good as that good ole Lucario.
Sceptile is one I can imagine showing up, if Sakurai ever decides to have a grass-type starter show up again. The others seem too.....out of the blue, but that's just me.

There was an expectation leading up to 4 where many expected both Lucario and Charizard to not even return. I get that there'd be backlash, but I can guarantee it wouldn't be anything near the backlash Mewtwo's original cut, and if that's the case I should be fine. Plus no matter how much backlash there'd be, it wouldn't be able to overtake the immense amount of salt you guys are emitting, which right now is only further justifying this cut to me.

Enjoy the rest of the thread.
Like I said, I was half expecting Lucario to be replaced by a newer Pokemon, like Zoroark, because I saw its popularity flare up in a similar manner to Lucario(appealing design, movie to its credit, etc.). Don't know what could've become of Charizard, though.

I don't think anyone's being salty right now. I mean this is all just for the hell of it so there really is no reason to be totally serious about it. I will say this though, cutting characters out of spite might land you in hot water, so good thing you aren't Sakurai.:troll:

.....Though doing that kind of thing would be funny, just to see how much people would rage.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
:c ALRIGHT! You win. Charizard is back on the roster. But Lucario....
:4myfriends:<"You'll get no sympathy from me."
*sees Zesty talks about Lucario*

*grabs him*

You were saying?

Perhaps maybe tweak Lucario's gimmick around a little? Doesn't have to be about the aura or anything, but I can understand if you don't like him

Daisy has stayed way longer and appeared in way more games than Rosalina just because Daisy didn't appear in main Mario game since long time doesn't mean she isn't important than Rosalina, Nintendo maybe like Rosalina design more yellow hair wich is why they put her in every new Mario game.
Yes, but those games are sports and party games. Outside of that, they don't really seem to care for Daisy in the main titles, hence how she haven't been in any of those games from her debut. I'm not saying that Daisy doesn't deserve it because she does, but Nintendo needs to step their game up with the whole thing. Maybe throw in a few games Daisy would actually be a GOOD person in (3D World for example)

Here's another realistic roster that I would've done

Everyone from Smash 4 returns except for Doctor Mario and Dark Pit as they are both cut. Wolf and Ice Climbers return

Newcomers

Toad
Kamek
Dixie Kong
King K Rool
Impa
Ridley
New Gen 7 Pokemon
Chibi-Robo
Takamaru
Medusa
New Fire Emblem Lord
Isaac
Alph (promoted to playable character and semi-clone of Olimar)
Dillon
Marshall/Chorus Men
Inkling
Bomberman
Rayman
At least 3 new IPs
Random WTF Character

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
The more I see these rosters, the more I'm glad the fans aren't the makers.
>one cut Charizard and Lucario
>one had Piplup
>one had Doctor Who and a Sailor Moon (not video game characters)
>people who cut Dark Pit despite him having tons of potential
>too many third parties
>completely random Pokémon picks
>one had two Shovel Knight characters

And other nonsensical stuff

Geno Boost

Smash Master
>one had Piplup
>too many third parties

i did cut Dark Pit because there are way more deserving characters before him, not because he can have awesome moveset.
just sayin.

i see from your profile that you main Dark Pit wich is why you are sad about this.

>one had Piplup
>too many third parties

Some of those things were in dream/bias rosters, and they wouldn't necessarily include those character if they were the makers.

I agree with Geno Boost about Dark Pit, there are more deserving characters, and he would be fine as alt. Also, Dark Pit having tons of potential doesn't mean that his potential is going to be used, Ganondorf and Toon Link had potential too yet they still stayed at semi-clones.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
My rosters absent smash director's cap would make you real angry. And I won't lie, the temptation to make a controversial cut for salt's sake was strong. I wish I was in Zesty's seat right now, tbh.
I actually don't really care too much for Ganondorf other than being part of the triforce trifecta, I was just being humorous, or at least I thought I was humorous.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
May as well add my cents.
Also, this list had the idea that people would play a Smash with this roster (Hence why characters I hate such as Rosalina and Zelda are here and popular characters such as K. rool and Rayman are here [Issac was #71, I promise!).

Key:
(N) Newcomer
(1) Unlockable
(2) Returns after not appearing in Ssb4
(3) Altered Moveset
(4) Altered Mechanics)

Mario
Luigi (Mr. L Alt. Costume)
Peach (Daisy Alt. Costume)
Bowser (Dry Bowser Alt. Costume)
Dr. Mario (1) (Dr. Luigi Alt. Costume)
Rosalina
Bowser Jr. (1)
Paper Mario (N)
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (1) (N)
King K. Rool (1) (N)
Link
Ganon (1) (3)
Zelda (Toon Zelda Alt. Costume)
Shiek (Toon Shiek Alt. Costume)
Young Link (1) (2) (3)
Toon Link (3)
Samus (Dark Samus Alt. Costume)
Ridley (1) (N) (Meta Ridley Alt. Costume)
Yoshi (Boshi Alt. Costume)
Fox
Falco (1)
Wolf (1) (2)
Krystal (N)
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight (Galactia Knight Alt. Costume)
Bandana Dee (N) (Sailor Dee Alt. Costume)
Keeby (Semiclone of Kirby) (1) (N)
Pikachu (Female Alt.)
Jigglypuff
Pichu (1) (2) (3) (4) (Plusle and Minun Alt. Costumes)
Mewtwo (1)
Squirtle (1) (2)
Ivysaur (1) (2)
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
C. Falcon
Samurai Goroh (1) (N)
Ness (Ninten alt. costume)
Lucas (1) (3)
Ice Climbers (1) (2)
Mr. Game and Watch (1)
Marth
Roy (1)
Ike
Robin (4)
Lucina (1) (3)
Pit
Dark Pit (1) (2)
Palutena
Wario (3) (Wario Land Wario Alt. Costume)
R.O.B. (1)
Olimar
Alph (1) (N)
Little Mac (Urban Champion alt. Costume)
Duck Hunt (1)
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk (1)
Takumaru (1) (N)
Snake (1)
Sonic (1) (Shadow Alt. Costume)
Pac-Man (1) (4) (Ms. Pacman alt. costume)
Mega Man (1)
Rayman (1) (Dark Rayman alt. costume) (N)
Ryu (1) (Ken alt. Costume)
Mii Fighter (Mii Brawler, Mii Gunner, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Mage [N])

EDIT: Added the Mii Fighters (And a new Mii class), demoted Wario Land Wario to alt. costume (With Wario Land custom moves for Wario)

Why I want Keeby in:
Jab- Swings the whip from the Whip ability in front of hitm twice, each hit dealing 2%, then hitting in rapid succession (1% per hit
Dash Attack- Uses the Burning ability. 9%
Neutral Air- Kirby's aerial side-b from Melee. Deals 3% per each of the 3 hits.
Forward Air- Double-edged laser sword. Keeby spins the sword in front of him vertically. Hits 4 times. Deals 2.5% per hit.
Up Air- Whacks two bells above him. 4% on the first hit, 6% on the second hit.
Down Air- Leaf Rain. Throws a scatter of 6 leaves under him, each dealing 2%.
Back Air- Throws a baton behind himself. Deals 8%.
Side Smash- Swings a bubble wand in front himself. The wand deals 13% uncharged, 17% fully charged.
Up Smash- Hammer Flip. Has a lot of start-up and end lag, but deals a lot of damage and knockback. 20% uncharged, 30% fully charged. KOs very early.
Down Smash- Keeby uses the mirror body move from the mirror ability. Keeby and his copy are invincible during the spread, but vulnerable when coming together. Deals 6% when spreading out, but deals 16% and high knockback right when Keeby and his copy split and right when they come together. Has fast start up, but a lot of end lag.
Grab- Swings the whip from the whip ability. Tether grab.
Pummel- Whacks with the bell from the bell ability. Slow, 3% per Pummel.
Up Throw- Releases the opponent, then uses Mega Needle. Deals 10%
Down Throw- Throws the opponent downward. Deals 8%
Forward Throw- Releases the opponent, then uses the spark ability. 11%
Back Throw- Throws the opponent behind him, then fires an arrow from the Archer ability at said opponent. 5% Throw, 8% arrow.
Neutral Special- Beam. Uncharged, it does 4 hits of 2%, and 14% fully charged.
Side Special- Throws three cards
Up Special- High Jump. Hits 6 times, each hit doing 2%, the final hit KOing at the upper blastline somewhat early.
Down Special- Pulls out one of five abilities that changes his tilts. Press down+b when using one of the abilities to remove it. The abilities are: Water, Yo-Yo, Sword of Fire, Fighter, Cutter.
Final Smash- The Crash ability. Does 50% to everyone on screen, but only deals knockback near Keeby (A high amount though)

Standard Tilts
Up Tilt- Mega Needle. 6% and great vertical knockback clean, 2% and little knockback late. Fast start-up, a bit of end-lag
Forward Tilt- Feather Gun 3.5% Per Feather. Kirby Throws three feathers in rapid succession forward. Can be angled.
Down Tilt- Slides. 8% at the start, 4% during the rest.

Water Tilts
Up Tilt- Geyser. 2% per hit. Hold a to continue the geyser. Good vertical range.
Forward Tilt- Wave gun 3% per shot. Rapidly shoots a projectile that goes along the ground.
Down Tilt- Water Crown 7% Small range, but decent knockback.

Yo-Yo Tilts
Up Tilt- Gazer Spiral. Spins while going up. Does 5 hits of 2%. The hits link very well.
Forward Tilt- Swings the Yo-Yo in front of hit. The head deals 8% Short lag, but punishable if whiffed.
Down Tilt- Swing the Yo-Yo low and fast. Deals 6% on the head. Punishable if whiffed.

Sword of Fires Tilts
Up Tilt- Swings the sword upwards. Deals 12%, but is pretty laggy.
Forward Tilt- Swings the sword forward. Deals 13%, but it's laggy. 13.5% upwards, 13 forwards, 12.5 downwards.
Down Tilt- Swings the sword low. Deals 10%.

Fighter Tilts
Up Tilt- Rising Uppercut. KOs very early (70's) and deals 13% clean, deals decent knockback and 7.5% late.
Forward Tilt- Throws a punch forward, dealing 10%. Quick start-up, high end-lag.
Down Tilt- Leg Sweep. 3%, but very fast.

Cutter Tilts
Up Tilt- Jumps upwards while swinging his cutter upwards. 8%
Forward Tilt- Throw a boomerang forward. 6.67 upwards, 6% forwards, 5.67 downwards.
Down Tilt- Slide forward with a blade in-between Keeby's feet. 6%

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
May as well add my cents.

Key:
(N) Newcomer
(1) Unlockable
(2) Returns after not appearing in Ssb4
(3) Decloned moveset/mechanics

Mario
Luigi (Mr. L Alt. Costume)
Peach (Daisy Alt. Costume)
Bowser (Dry Bowser Alt. Costume)
Dr. Mario (1) (Dr. Luigi Alt. Costume)
Rosalina
Bowser Jr. (1)
Paper Mario (N)
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (1) (N)
King K. Rool (1) (N)
Link
Ganon (1)
Zelda
Shiek
Young Link (1) (2) (3)
Toon Link
Samus (Dark Samus Alt. Costume)
Ridley (1) (N) (Meta Ridley Alt. Costume)
Yoshi (Boshi Alt. Costume)
Fox
Falco (1)
Wolf (1) (2)
Krystal (N)
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight (Galactia Knight Alt. Costume)
Bandana Dee (N) (Sailor Dee Alt. Costume)
Keeby (Semiclone of Kirby) (1) (N)
Pikachu (Female Alt.)
Jigglypuff
Pichu (1) (2) (3) (Plusle and Minun Alt. Costumes)
Mewtwo (1)
Squirtle (1) (2)
Ivysaur (1) (2)
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
C. Falcon
Samurai Goroh (1) (N)
Ness (Ninten alt. costume)
Lucas (1)
Ice Climbers (1) (2)
Mr. Game and Watch (1)
Marth
Roy (1)
Ike
Robin
Lucina (1) (3)
Pit
Dark Pit (1) (2)
Palutena
Wario
Wario Land Wario (1) (N)
R.O.B. (1)
Olimar
Alph (1)
Little Mac (Urban Champion alt. Costume)
Duck Hunt (1)
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk (1)
Takumaru (1) (N)
Snake (1)
Sonic (1) (Shadow Alt. Costume)
Pac-Man (1) (Ms. Pacman alt. costume)
Mega Man (1)
Rayman (1) (Dark Rayman alt. costume) (N)
Ryu (1) (Ken alt. Costume)
Now this is a fine roster right here.

If I was presented this I wouldn't make a single change.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
>one had Piplup
>too many third parties

1. The second roster I posted specifically was a "fangame" roster variant, I'm surprised that you all welcome to Goku in Crusade and Flash 2, Yet when I decide to add someone who is just as iconic and also fourth party this gets point out. Also in my "Console" roster I just added 2 other parties: the 2 other most iconic reps that I could see happening at most.

2. Ever heard of a character who had "Author appeal"? I would have added Piplup due to the fact he should have been a replacement for Pichu in Brawl. And I also stated it would probably be a different rep for a generation that was current if it was not by me.

3. Dark Pit is just a boring moveset clone of Pit. There are much more deserving characters such as Starfy or even Inkling for that matter. It's why he's moved to a costume, A.K.A. What he should be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom