• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I streamed Smash 4 daily, would you guys want to watch?

Mr.C

Smash Master
If the game isn't trash, sure. But we all know deep down inside Smash4 is going to be another Brawl.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The problem is if you already have hand problems, they will get only worse playing daily. For your health and a continuing ability to play videogame, less game playing would be better.

To answer the question, yes, people are going to watch you. That wont be a problem. I am glad to hear you're open for item play. Too many people in the community turn up their nose to items.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To answer the question, yes, people are going to watch you. That wont be a problem. I am glad to hear you're open for item play. Too many people in the community turn up their nose to items.
Well, there's a reason why "Fox only, no items, Final Destination" exists...
...And is still relevant...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, there's a reason why "Fox only, no items, Final Destination" exists...
...And is still relevant...
Yeah, it's because they community doesn't want to deal with it. So rather than learn and get better at the game, the community would rather put their head in the sand and believe they don't exist because "their random." I figure M2K doesn't have as much of a problem because, knowing him, he wants to know and master everything about the game. Still, there are truly more pressing things to talk about then trying to justify the community's asinine reason for not playing and learning items.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, it's because they community doesn't want to deal with it. So rather than learn and get better at the game, the community would rather put their head in the sand and believe they don't exist because "their random." I figure M2K doesn't have as much of a problem because, knowing him, he wants to know and master everything about the game. Still, there are truly more pressing things to talk about then trying to justify the community's asinine reason for not playing and learning items.
Because to many, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
I've said this somewhere. And it works here.
MisterVideoGaming said:
But I think another thing is, we have to change too. I think the one of the major problems is that, since we've already been though this "song and dance" since Melee, we've started to develop a set of rules. Sure, we have something to work with in future iterations, and there's a good reason why we've used it for so long. But it's come to the point where we haven't experimented anymore. And anybody that says otherwise will be "happily" shown why "their idea sucks". Like with items.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
if it's another Brawl, the scene for that game won't last nearly as long as Brawl's did, without the massive Wii casual audience to back it up
And like I said, does it matter?
It's already confirmed to be in the middle of the two. So if anything, the scene would be bigger than that of Brawl...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
honestly i just want to watch the way you figure out what's top tier and then abuse/master it

ZelDan

Smash Master
Watching you play Smash 4 sounds awesome. It would be interesting to see your perspective of the game when it releases.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
I can sees items being used in a competitive environment only if the items will spawn in fixed locations over the stage.

Example would be after every minute a motion sensor bomb will spawn on the middle platform of battlefield to be picked up by a player.

That way the element of randomness would be toned down I think.

Or we could have a "5th" player that spawns items in neutral positions via gamepad.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Let's see.
Mew2King + SSB4 + streaming = hype.
In other words, yeah, I'm pretty sure most will.
The problem here is what? What would you stream.
If anything maybe consider a chance to fight you.
I mean, who wouldn't want a chance against the great Mew2King. Not only does it bring hype, but it brings something else, involvement. A chance to interact. People eat that up, which is why Q&A streams are really popular as of late.
I think this post sums up what I was thinking very well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I can sees items being used in a competitive environment only if the items will spawn in fixed locations over the stage.

Example would be after every minute a motion sensor bomb will spawn on the middle platform of battlefield to be picked up by a player.

That way the element of randomness would be toned down I think.

Or we could have a "5th" player that spawns items in neutral positions via gamepad.
Or, just use certain items. More or less ones that don't give an unfair advantage, but more of an opportunity (Beam Swords, Fans, Ray Guns, etc.)

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Or, just use certain items. More or less ones that don't give an unfair advantage, but more of an opportunity (Beam Swords, Fans, Ray Guns, etc.)
Lol, a Fan is insta kill in Brawl. Not even with Smash-DI can you get away before 100+%. (While we're at it the Ray Gun is a certain unfair advantage too, I don't know about the Beam Swords).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Lol, a Fan is insta kill in Brawl. Not even with Smash-DI can you get away before 100+%. (While we're at it the Ray Gun is a certain unfair advantage too, I don't know about the Beam Swords).
Sure, but if we want to try to find the balance with items, we've gotta take them all into consideration. Even the "unbalanced" ones.

Last edited:

ethicks

Smash Rookie
M2K It's not exactly cut and paste if you stream from a console. You need a capture card (and most capture cards require at least a baseline level decent PC) and either a very powerful 50/15 or two separate internet lines if you are planning to play online (one of which you would stream on and has at least a 10/15mbps upload speed).

If you stream on a schedule and with good quality audio/video I could see you getting a good viewer base as you already have the initial bump of people who would watch you.

This is one of the only capture cards I know of that does 1080P, doesn't require a PC and is extremely simple to use (one button) [URL]http://www.amazon.com/AVerMedia-C875-Live-Gamer-Portable/dp/B00B2IZ3B0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391922035&sr=1-1&keywords=AverMedia+Live+Gamer+Portable[/URL]

I'm saying this because I remember reading you saying you were on a really weak PC with bad internet on the reddit AMA

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Sure, but if we want to try to find the balance with items, we've gotta take them all into consideration. Even the "unbalanced" ones.
I was just stating that at least 2/3 items (maybe 3/3 IDK since I don't have a clue about items) are incredibly OP that if a single player grabs one at the right time then its insta stock for him.
M2K It's not exactly cut and paste if you stream from a console. You need a capture card (and most capture cards require at least a baseline level decent PC) and either a very powerful 50/15 or two separate internet lines if you are planning to play online (one of which you would stream on and has at least a 10/15mbps upload speed).

If you stream on a schedule and with good quality audio/video I could see you getting a good viewer base as you already have the initial bump of people who would watch you.

This is one of the only capture cards I know of that does 1080P, doesn't require a PC and is extremely simple to use (one button) http://www.amazon.com/AVerMedia-C875-Live-Gamer-Portable/dp/B00B2IZ3B0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391922035&sr=1-1&keywords=AverMedia Live Gamer Portable

I'm saying this because I remember reading you saying you were on a really weak PC with bad internet on the reddit AMA

I have the Elgato HD one and it only cost me 80 bucks (although it normally is 100, I got it with a small discount). It does 1080p from Wii U to PC and downloads its own software which allows you to change almost everything, edit almost everything on the fly or just stream it. It also allows for things recording your voice with the game sound and putting your picture while you're playing. I mean IDK how good the one that was posted was, but the Elgate one is half the price, so I would suggest not spending so much money. It does require a PC with windows 7 or better though.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
.... In a 1v1 setting the more skilled player should win.
If the losing player gets an op item that automatically removes 2 stocks from an enemy. The losing player have a greater chance of winning and the more skilled player will most likely lose.

Or the winning player gets the op item and wins easy.

The fixed spawned idea removes this randomness and supports the idea of players having knowledge of how to apply that item to it's full potential.

Really banana peels would be the most competitive friendly item.

The players will also have an idea where the item will spawn.

A middle platform or middle of the stage would be the best fixed spawn location. As the person with the most stage control will be rewarded with an item.

Please don't say the more skilled player should still win even if he loses 2 stocks somehow to a op item.
Some skill levels are similar with one being only a little bit better.
I know there could be better items than banana peels

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yo, M2K. Take care of your health first. Give your hands a break. Same problem happened with Wingsofdeathx in the League community, and he's still able to stream but he had to take a break from League before his carpel tunnel got worse.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
It could be really cool if you did online matches with some of the people watching the stream.

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I could be really cool if you did online matches with some of the people watching the stream.
While he battles against people, maybe he could call out what the person is doing wrong or something like that. This could partially satisfy his desire to teach us how to improve.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because to many, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
I've said this somewhere. And it works here.
I agree whole heartily. Hopefully we'll see more experimentation in the next game.

Ok, now onto real ****.
isn't there like shampoos that regrow hair or something idk. I heard bad things about side effects of most hair products tbh. I did a lot of research which is why I never started on them. I probably won't be streaming for months because no better options are available at my location (I live in the middle of nowhere. I'm typing this on a slow netbook using really crappy DSL. I hate it here cuz of this).
Cuz that would be my lifestyle for a few years nairo

I'm not concerned with the current pain, this is nothing, I'm concerned with the long term.

I already have low self-esteem and I always have lol. Nothing to trick.
not only is me/family poor but we also don't have health insurance. Rather do online research. I'm already taking steps. Also the thing is the pains are random, not severe, I just fear it may get server in the near future at this rate. The doctor wouldn't see anything cuz I don't see nor feel anything most of the time but it will randomly hurt a lot too.
You're one of the best Smash players in the world and you can't move and don't have health insurance. This is something I've said to a lot of people was that focusing all on Smash wont get you very far in life. I don't know much about your life situation beyond what you've said here, but this is obviously an issue. I'm sure many members of the community don't want to see one of their best players have emotional, health and money issues. You are also 25 years old so you need to make sure you are situated for the rest of your life. Playing Smash is awesome, but a better question you should ask is "How am I going to improve my health and financial situation?" I can tell from your analysis on games that you are very smart and there shouldn't be a reason why you shouldn't make a good amount of money in your life. Also, you need to make sure Smash is something you do for fun and not something you do to fill in the void (I'm talking about your self esteem). Malstrom wrote a great article on quality of life. It talks about gaming, but I think you get the idea. You should put your health and finances before Smash. Of course, if Smash can get you the money and improve your health, that's fine. If it can't, then you need to change priorities.

Now, for another though. I'm sure you know of Day9, former SC1 pro who made his own show to help people get better at Starcraft. Well, one of your best bets may be to follow in his footsteps for Smash. The Smash community is smaller, but it doesn't have a cheery face like Day9 to help people get better at the game. What's best is not only does he make money with his stream but he also helps people without playing a lot of Starcraft. In fact, he's never in SC2 tournaments. He's usually casting and doing commentary. As I said above, you know a TON about the inner workings of this game, so you have the information to help people get better. As long as you can bring it to people's level and do it with a nice smile, you'll be able to stay in the scene and do what you want to do without playing a ton. If successful, you'll be able to improve your finances and hopefully improve your health.

Anyway, I wish you luck.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I
Malstrom wrote a great article on quality of life. It talks about gaming, but I think you get the idea. You should put your health and finances before Smash. Of course, if Smash can get you the money and improve your health, that's fine. If it can't, then you need to change priorities.
It's not half-bad, It's a great read (well, aside from the jabs at Metroid, that is).

Zorch

Smash Rookie
Made an account to say I'd watch the **** out of that stream

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'd watch it, just not habitually. I've really enjoyed watching a lot of your project M matches and I've always enjoyed a good competitive Melee match. Just hope Smash 4 has a good online mode.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
"In the spirit of fitness advice being given in this thread I want to post this. Mew2king/anybody caring about fitness just read this here. In my non professional opinion it is the holy grail and oasis of fitness education on the internet for beginners. It guts out everything pointless and shows you how to get your physical fitness goals really easily. This information here if followed IMO can make most averagely out of shape people more fit and healthy than most people on this earth in just a year or two http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

"But you don't need to be in shape to be good at this game"
It still helps you to be better at the game anyway and you can't ignore the benefits it has on your life. Umbreons drastic improvement thread and quotes from Dr.PP and other good players have shown a nod of the head towards physical health as being beneficial to being better at the game. Its just common sense.

You need to see a doctor for your hands btw m2k.

If you're suffering from low self confidence here is a book you can try. The 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey. It focuses on living in ways that just naturally line you up properly to become confident. When you learn the 7 habits and practice them, you grow immeasurably in confidence. Friends of mine who are VERY successful and confident in their lives pretty much threw this book at my face and said it alone made a big difference in their life. Its really good.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
M2K streaming Smash 4.

Daily.

Yeah, I'm pretty down with that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Stream Smash 4 to Wii U tabled while playing Smash 4.

Godlike.
I would stream Smash 4 from my Wii U tablet to my computer to my Wii U to my PS4 to my Xbox One to my original Xbox One to my toilet.

I would call it "The Johnknight1 Breakfast Burrito at Night" combo. :shades:

Top Bottom