• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I streamed Smash 4 daily, would you guys want to watch?

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
I believe that you would catch a lot of viewers on twitch if you streamed Smash 4. You're a top player, who loves the game and from what I can tell a really nice guy. You mentioned how you would like to teach others and enjoy the fun, yet still competitive, side of things which would be entertaining for me as a viewer. Only other person I see that fits those credentials is Maximilian, but he doesn't really cover smash nor does he know the mechanics.

I would challenge you in the meantime while you are recovering/treating your hand (I apologize for knowing nothing of physical therapy) to come up with a game plan for how you are going to present tutorials and interact with your viewers. If you just stream the game and simply talk, it'll be just like everybody else's stream, the only difference is that you are an acclaimed player. Please have fun with it as well. I find it heavily entertaining when the person streaming actually seems like they're really enjoying what it is that they're doing. I would love to feed off that kind of energy on one of your streams.

As far as the self-consciousness thing goes, it's a toughie. People already appreciate you as you are, but if you don't like the way you look it doesn't change much. I would recommend a slight wardrobe change or do something different with your hair that utilizes what's left. Try a mohawk or shave your head and wear facial hair, or even buy a really unique hat and wear it to support your image (mewtwo hat? O. O)

Either way, you have my full support. I really hope you find a safe and reliable treatment for your hand. Some of the peeps on here posted some treatments that might really help.

Shel

Smash Cadet
Yeah. I probably won't have SSB4 when it comes out so I'd be interested to see top players explore the mechanics.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Of course we would want to watch. The parts im most hyped for/want to see.
1. The frame data. I want to see what is the best move for each character and what moves are and arent safe
2. Strategies. I want to know what goes on in your mind when you fight people
3. Wifi match teachings. If we ever get a chance to smash with you, it would be amazing if you taught us what our habits are and what we were doing wrong.
4. Advanced Techniques. Which ones are usefull, situational, or just straight up useless.
---
Hope your fingers get better. :)

JediLink

Smash Ace
Well, if SSB4 releases months late in PAL territories again, then I guess watching it would be the next best thing. Although, the stream would probably always be at awkward as hell times due to timezones and whatnot.

Australia problems...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, don't forget to show us your manly pecs.

So, this is the Smash community outside of Smashboards huh?
...Eh, just like here. Only with social interaction.

Oh, and WE KNOW YOUR SECRET M2KI! ADMIT IT!

Last edited:

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I would definitely watch some of your streams. Don't feel the need to only stream Smash 4 though; I would watch Melee, PM, Smash 4 3DS, 64, hell, any game in general, be it Smash, Mega Man, or Metroid. Don't stick to only one game, especially if you want to be an entertainer instead of only a Smash player. I hope your hand problems get better. Good luck man!

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I would love to see you stream daily!
One thing you could do is once in a while you could have a character specific stream where you play matches with only that character and talk about how they play,what you like and don't like about them etc.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
-Strolls in-

Hrm, hand problems? or finger problems? wrist problems? all 3? What kind of pains do you have? aches? stings? cramps? Do your hands or fingers lock occasionally? feel stiff? You can often soothe painful joints without medications. A warm bath or shower can ease pain and stiffness. Other times, usually after exercise or exertion, cold therapy may work better. I can't give you MUCH medical advice, but with little information, and considering how you (or anyone really) move your hands/fingers in competitive play, I would personally just take it easy.

mmKALLL

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, another thing that's important is to improve the circulation in your hands. Avoid playing when it's cold, and warm up the fingers before playing. Stop playing if you feel pain, relax, stretch, flex, take a break and warm up again. Fingers' muscles are like every other - they will become damaged under continuous and excessive strain, and you can take care of them. If it's more about joint pains or wrist pains, following this advice is still important to avoid developing a worse situation.

L0SERR

Smash Rookie
So I should buy this epson salt? Is that my best option? anything else?

It's just random finger pains. Like, where my fingers bend, all around the middle of like my pointer and ring fingers especially

been like this for two years a lot on and off esp past year or so. And I type all the time so yea that doesn't help it at all.

and yeah I'd play on the Wii U of course. I'd play 3ds on planes probably. I'll see lol

I hope mewtwo is in this game and he's good! (my fav char in PM). would NOT be surprised to see him make a return..
Are your symptoms anything like this? http://www.eatonhand.com/hw/hw022.htm

XavierMendel

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'd watch it, though I don't know about every day. I could see myself watching daily videos though. There's a hole to be filled in the how-to-smash area and with your knowledge you seem like the guy to fill it.

For your fingers I don't know what to say that you don't already know, but as for your hairline: Shave your head and wear a hat. Hats are awesome and being bald makes you a James Bond villain, so nothing can go wrong.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
not only is me/family poor but we also don't have health insurance. Rather do online research. I'm already taking steps. Also the thing is the pains are random, not severe, I just fear it may get server in the near future at this rate. The doctor wouldn't see anything cuz I don't see nor feel anything most of the time but it will randomly hurt a lot too.
If you could get an estimate of what it would take to at least get a diagnosis for it, I'm sure that many people including myself would be more than willing to financially support you on that. Don't be afraid to ask, everyone loves you.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Sure. I've wondered how you went about being frame-tight.

Also smoke weed for your pain.

Last edited:

Java

Smash Brother
M2K, you should really drop by a clinic and just talk to a doctor. You can make it clear to them that you aren't interested in/don't have money for treatment and see if they can at least diagnose what the problem is and provide real answers as to what kind of stretches or alternative remedies you can use to fix it.

On a similar note, my friend has been having some pretty nasty joint pain in his legs and he's been getting acupuncture and says it really helps. Might be worth a try to check that out and see if they can help you out.

We all want the best for you and your hands, dude! Just hoping you approach this issue smartly and soon before it gets any worse.

And yes, I'll definitely check out your stream.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
On a similar note, my friend has been having some pretty nasty joint pain in his legs and he's been getting acupuncture and says it really helps. Might be worth a try to check that out and see if they can help you out.
No offense to your friend, but real treatment over a placebo treatment would be better here. Money better spent.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm just glad I'm not going to be the only one trying to stream this game.
I may try to stream if i happen upon/care enough to buy a capture card by then. At this point, i'd rather just watch other streams and play the streamer online, however.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I may try to stream if i happen upon/care enough to buy a capture card by then. At this point, i'd rather just watch other streams and play the streamer online, however.
That's exactly what I thought. So I was thinking, that maybe every once in a while, he could do a series of challenges against viewers. Not only would it bring hype (who wouldn't want a chance to fight M2K? I know I would). But, it could also bring in some new stars to the scene.

Last edited:

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Just get some rest first, maybe you have the same problem like Sakurai himself. Your health is more important than a game... even if it's Smash ;).

...to answer your question: YES, I'd definitely watch your stream.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
so far what I learned is 2 water bottles a day, soaking my hands in hot water for 15-20 min with "espon salt" (?), wearing a wrist brace/glove-thingy to sleep, and stretches. But I only know general stuff and the more info you guys give me (even if it's a hyperlink for something to buy) can definitely help out.

also on that note maybe something for my receding hairline? lol (if anything exists without a bunch of crappy bad negative side effects)
For the finger pains, you could try talk to text for computers or whatever it's called.
For your hairline, you could get a partial hairpiece, or you could get a hair transplant(which I'm guessing is pretty expensive).

Top Bottom