• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

iSam

Smash Cadet
Well RC from WSU is really good. I play with him sometimes and he can beat me pretty easily. He's making me better though, it's nice to occasionally smash with someone really good. When I last played with Yamer he was quite better than me, but I have improved lots since last time we've played. Next time I'm in IF I hope to smash with him again.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
That last few times you played with mike i was at school Buzz but we should try to play sometime, probably not this weekend if you wanted to because mike and i are going to a tournament in Utah but we do need to play sometime.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
hey guys,I'm not from idaho but I don't live to far from it.I would love to play you guys sometime when you host another tourney.I was just wondering who the best players in Idaho are? I can't wait to play you again iSam.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Im not positive but from what i can tell Yamer is the best and im second or at least i think i am because Yamer has played everyone and says im probably second but im not positive because iv never played sam.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I was pretty sure i three stocked you and i think i got 4th at that tournament by beating DMS but there are much worse people in Idaho than you thats for sure.

gnosis

Smash Lord
West Idaho may be seeing a revival. Here's the results from a recent tournament:
(Note: Shuuk = Special Agent Dale Cooper I think is his smashboards name; Trik = scarykid 78; I think that's the only other people who are currently going to smashboards)

Singles:
1: gnosis ($72.00) (I'd like to be arrogant and note I didn't once see my character clapping, lol... :( )
2: Dach ($36.00)
3: Trik ($12.00)
4: Shuuk
5: Jugz
5: Evan
7: Gangster
7: Dragus
9: The Chancellor
9: Fyr3Strike
9: Esqe
9: Kamikaze

Yay for my first tournament win where I actually get money!
Boo for fighting a Marth then three Shieks in a row =/.

Doubles:
1: The Plaid Beavers (Dach + Trik)
2: Invincible Love (Gnosis + Jugz)
3: The Mana Burn (Koolaid + Elfboy)
4: Savage Whistlepigs (Gangster + Derek)
5: noobs (Tyler + Tanner)
5: Krazy Kangaroos/Queef Thieves (The Chancellor + Peter)

Booj says hi.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I should try hosting another tournament. The only worry I have is that most of the action is in Idaho Falls, so everyone would resent coming this direction. I.F. tournament anyone? :(

gnosis

Smash Lord
I could of sworn I posted in here again. If someone notices a post very similar to this one in some random thread, I could of somehow posted it in a different one... because I swear I posted this earlier today.

Anyway, you guys totally should. I have a car now, and I'll be 18 and graduated within a week.

Which means transportation, parents (kinda), and school are all taken care of!

Also, I wasn't actually trying to be arrogant with the 'lol :(' comment. Just, I suck, and if I can win without losing a single round, y'know... what that says about W. Idaho is sad. For everyone involved.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Sweet. Also, if you and any friends needed a place to crash for a weekend, you're always welcome at my place. The only catch is the extra 20 minute drive (beyond Idaho Falls), but if I hosted a tournament at my place, it wouldn't really matter, would it? :laugh:

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
booo, i wont be going to IF anytime soon so ima miss it. already told gnosis that im up for anything around the w.idaho area. mikey, challenge me and ill put in a good word for ya with my sis :laugh: heh, jk. I WANNA PLAY U ALL, FACE ME!

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Yes I finally found an Idaho topic. Ok so yea Gnosis we need to start having tourneys like the last one monthly. It was a really good turn out and I had fun. Also it would be cool to even have a bigger one with a ton of people because I need to get better I got 3rd in singles and first in doubles but I know u were basically the only good one there. So yea lets totally amp up the western Idaho smash scene...

Oh and to all of you I am scarykid AKA Trik I'd like to go to rexburg tournaments but its not that easy for me hopefully I'll be able to.

Also Gnosis are you gonna record some matches of me so I can see how I am doing?

gnosis

Smash Lord
scarykid78 said:
Also Gnosis are you gonna record some matches of me so I can see how I am doing?
At the next tournament, yeah. Or hell, even if we just do some casual smashing sometime, if I know ahead of time I'll plan on bringing my equipment. I'm trying to find a place to hold monthly tournaments; might have to end up doing it month-by-month though.

And you still haven't told me when the PlayNTrade tournament is happening :p.

Shiekthingy said:
are these tourneys in the ada region?
Shiekthingy, some of these tournies are; every one I help host will be around Meridian. Message me or keep your eye on this thread (I also might start a dedicated thread if the monthly tournaments become solid) for more info.

Buzz said:
Is June 16 OK with everyone?
Hm. I'll have to check, but I'm leaning towards yes.

FeLixSainT said:
booo, i wont be going to IF anytime soon so ima miss it. already told gnosis that im up for anything around the w.idaho area. mikey, challenge me and ill put in a good word for ya with my sis heh, jk. I WANNA PLAY U ALL, FACE ME!
Don't worry, I'll let you know when Smashing occurs around here again.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
i havent been able to find even a local gig at any of the game stores. gamescape was decent tho, they had plenty of space and tvs already provided. if u guys want, i can ask them to set up another. doubt buzz or any of the east idaho guys will be able to make it tho. but lately ive been coming across some new faces around the west area and itll be interesting to see what theyve got. josh, we just gotta think of a way to advertise it so we get the best turnout once and for all. maybe we can post signs in schools or something o.O

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Yea definetly on the Gamescape you MUST ask them to do another and tell me when its all set up! Yea gnosis do you have any ideas for a venue yet? We at least need to do some casual smashing... I'm gone this weekend though. Oh and on the playntrade thing I honestly dont know yet they havent anounced it just visit http://www.playntrade.com/meridian daily and i'm sure they will have info up soon.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Can't; that's my graduation day. Good luck though.

Venues could be the house we used last time, my house, other people's houses, and potentially we could convince different game stores to do it from time-to-time.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
that is my sisters b-day lol. **** that tournament couldnt have chosen a worse date eh? i might make it tho. btw, did u see that other playntrade store in michigan hosting a smash tourney with a wii up for grabs o_O wtf mate, $30 store credit for the caldwell tournament -_- ima show up for kicks.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
While Idaho does have several hardcore smashers, the overall smash scene is delicate with a large number of n00bs getting involved. So, my June 16 tournament will either feature a low entry fee or have a moderate entry fee that partially sponsors pizza or something. I'm open to suggestions. I am also able to host long-distance travelers overnight. :)

Go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104763

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
According to my PMs, Casture is indeed alive. ^_^

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Come on Boise, Lets keep this thing alive. I brought out my old console, and ready to play...(haven't played in a LONG time). Let get something before brawl releases :dizzy:

EDIT: I know this post is 6 months ago..but this is the first time I started actually playing...weird.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Heads up thre is a smash tourney at the Meridian Technical Charter High School (MTCHS) this Friday 6/1 everyone who can come should be there! Just PM me for details BTW Gnosis my friend is hosting this one should it should be better then last time.

Also just a reminder this saturday (6/2) there is a smash tourney at the caldwell PlayNTrade. Everyone that can come be there! Call or visit the store for detail.

www.playntrade.com

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hey Idaho, this is something you might be interested in:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104364

It's a big, Oregon event that I'm hosting and Washington players have been confirmed. If ever you wanted to attend an out-of-state tourney that isn't too far away, this is what you're looking for.

I know I've already met a couple of you, so wha d'ya say? Drop by the thread and let me know whether or not we can expect Idaho players. Thanks!

gnosis

Smash Lord
Important Post

I've posted in the SF:E thread; there's a good chance of a few Idahoans making it out there.

Anyway, I'm going to remake the first post to better reflect on Idaho. As part of this, I'm going to have a list of Idaho players. I'm thinking smash name, main(s), and city.

Therefore, I'd like everyone who considers themselves a competitive Idaho smasher (i.e., you live in idaho and want to get better at this game), to post or PM their info to me. I'll compile it into a pretty list along with some other updates, resulting in a much more informative and attractive Idaho thread.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Good news, gnosis. I hope yamer and BattleCrist can make it, and I'm looking forward to seeing all you other Idaho smashers. Don't forget about the food requests, it will help me figure out what everyone would like to have on hand to eat/drink during the smashfest.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
gnosis, add me!

The Buzz Saw (Young Link) @ Rexburg, Idaho

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Alright i've got all the PlayNTrade info in.
Date: 6/2/07
Time: 2:00 - Whenever it ends (shouldnt be long at all)
Place: PlayNTrade in Caldwell Idaho. (Go to www.playntrade.com to find exact address)
Format: 1 vs 1, double elimination. (Thats all the format info they gave me but he sounded like he knew what he was doing so its safe to assume no items, only tournament legal stages, 4 stock, etc.
Prizes: 1st Place - 30.00
2nd Place - 20.00
3rd Place - PlayNTrade T-shirt
Entry Fee - 5.00 before saturday 10.00 on saturday.

Yea thats about it tell me if I forgot something!

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Have you got any info on whether we are doing monthlys or maybe venue possibilities or nething?

gnosis

Smash Lord
We're gonna have June's tournament sometime this week, at the same place as last time. I'm thinking probably Friday. Spread the word and ask around to see who all could come and when.

Meaning I can change the date depending on expected turnout. Btw, any results from Caldwell/Tech School worth noting?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Utah seems to still want the June 16 tournament. I could just host both (June 16 and July 9). What say ye? I can host whomever.

Top Bottom