• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

gnosis

Smash Lord
Not as far as I know. If anyone is they'd be from Eastern Idaho, but I probably would've heard something by now.

Xirix

Smash Rookie
We need a tournament in Idaho Falls, Rexburg or Pocatello. And we need to get people to start posting on here so we can organize this. what's smash aid anyways, and where is it?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Smash Aid was a tournament in Florida (I think). It was last weekend.

Anyway, yeah. Buzz said he was going to host Rexburg tournaments once he got back to Utah, but so far I've heard no updates from him.

DrizzitDudden

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm new here, and I've been wanting to get with some people and get better, but I haven't ever found someone that was really good and willing to teach me some stuff. Anyway, I'm really not all that good, I've been working on the advanced techs, but after five years of smash in the normal way, it's hard to relearn how to play.

So I'm from Driggs, it's about a 30-45 minute drive from Rexburg, and I drive to rexburg every weekend to play smash with a friend I met there last fall. I know Buzz is in Rexburg, but is there anyone else? If you want to get together or anything, then let me know. I work some really bad shifts through the week, so I doubt that it could happen any other time than the weekend. I'm definitely willing to get my butt handed to me though, cuz I love this game.

Xirix

Smash Rookie
I am open to play smash any time that I'm not working. Send me a tell with your number and i'll try and get back to you. Let me know who your main is too. I'm not just interested in competing either. Messing around or lessons are cool. Just let me know.

ezekiel72

Smash Rookie
I live in SouthEastern Idaho(Pocatello). I got like 6-8 players here, we just start playing so were not amazing, but we are practicing alot. So if you want to maybe get some games in together just let me know.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm working on the tournament details.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I was a Utah smasher from December to May. I'm an Idaho smasher the rest of the year. :)

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
yo guys, sorry havent been on for awhile. smash scene got kinda quiet after utah 5. anyways, im still around ( now residing in a DIFFERENT part of nampa) but im still around. gnos, let me know of anything that comes up. and freakin coaxial cable still has my gran turismo 4 you *******!!!!!

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
i think i used fox against you or marth lol it was close thats all i remmember and then i remmerb you fighting lovo =p i dont really rememmber it

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Pardon the double post... I did want to bump this thread.

I want to create a Google Group for all the Idaho smashers!! Please PM me your email address (or post it here if you're 100% comfortable with that). Don't worry, I'm not going to spam you with ads every two days. I'll just announce big smash plans so you can stay in touch. Lots of people tend not to check Smashboards too often so I think it'd be a great idea.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Boise State has the best ****ing mindgames

Congradulations Boise State! You guys rocked OU with the major MINDGRAINES!!! That hook and lateral on 4th and 18 was INTENSE no one saw it coming! WTF and the 2 point conversion to win the game??? Who comes up with that! That faked me out!

And on top of all of that, Boise isn't even a State! Superior mindgames wins again!!

Boise State National Champions. Done.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seriously. When I saw the 2 point conversion in overtime, the only word that came to me was "mindgames."

ALSO

I would like to point out that something can only be OFFICIAL if someone representing the site/program/whatever declares it thus. You can't just declare yourself to be the official anything. Just because all the kids in the Brawl room prefix their threads with "OFFICIAL blah blah" doesn't mean we have to.

;)

lengeta

Smash Ace
Do it. Idaho's a long trip I can rarely make, but it was worth it the one time I went. I don't want things going sour between Utah and Idaho. If they do though, I hope you guys will still let me head up there to get my *** whooped.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
All of you are more than welcome to come to Idaho tournaments we just wont be going to ones in Utah

And by we i don't mean all of Idaho just some of us

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Well now that we've taken Utah off our list of tournaments i think is time to really star working on our smash community so we can still have tournaments

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It'll be harder for me to find guys to compete since I no longer live in the dorms, but I know of a couple guys.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Ya i was thinking about that last night so i looked up how long it would take to get to one of your tournaments and its an 11 hour drive so i dont know if its going down anytime soon or its 11 hours to go to the one in Eugene

T0MMY

Smash Master
11 hours is quite a drive. Maybe if you could plot a path of Smashers along the way everyone could pitch in on expenses.
Montana Smashers used to drive to the TANGs in Portland, I forget how long that took them, but I'm not even sure where Montana is, so it must be a long distance.

Although Oregon is full of poor and miserly individuals, you might still want to inquire about some Smash Aid to help pay for any expenses to get you guys to one of our Smash Fests (and housing is always available).

Top Bottom