• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I saw this, is it real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The previous comment about someone having 20K coins already, making it odd that no one has posted something about this is looking to not be a valid reason. At this point it appears that a lot of people don't have anything close to 20K, so I guess we will have to wait a while to see.
Pretty much. Though I would like to know just who had that much time on their hands within the past day, assuming it's real.

Jamken

Smash Rookie
Guys... this is obviously fake. I noticed that after you watch the 'How to Play' sequence, there is a randomly generated gameplay clip. After watching that a few times, I realised that it only had the 5 demo characters and no one else - NO PACMAN! Strange thing is, they also seem to play on a few other stages not unlocked in the demo, such as tortimer island and spirit tracks, so they must be in the files somewhere.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Guys... this is obviously fake. I noticed that after you watch the 'How to Play' sequence, there is a randomly generated gameplay clip. After watching that a few times, I realised that it only had the 5 demo characters and no one else - no pacman. Strange thing is, they also seem to play on a few other stages not unlocked in the demo, such as tortimer island and spirit tracks.
If I am understanding this correctly, you are saying that Pac Man doesn't appear in the clip. That would be because you haven't unlocked him yet, that's the case in things like the All-Star mode for example.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much. Though I would like to know just who had that much time on their hands within the past day, assuming it's real.
I'm at 12k and I feel like I've played it way too much already, another 8k added on already i insane

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
If I am understanding this correctly, you are saying that Pac Man doesn't appear in the clip. That would be because you haven't unlocked him yet, that's the case in things like the All-Star mode for example.
If you're able to get in touch with your friend again, ask him to send you a picture of his coin counter.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
SOMEONE CONFIRM IT TRUE OR FAKE MY EYES HURT IVE BEEN PLAYING SO LONG

I'll just go to bed now. Tomorrow we'll get answers.

LightWarrior

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0645-6857-2681

That's a great argument to assume it's fake actually...i mean, did he really got 20k coins in less than a day? o_o...if so...OH MY GOD

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
That's a great argument to assume it's fake actually...i mean, did he really got 20k coins in less than a day? o_o...if so...OH MY GOD
Well I mean it's been done before, when people got the game early on the 11th in Japan, they played for many hours straight, it's not completely crazy.

I am actually at 9074G and I got nothin' yet
The demo hasn't been out long enough for you to get that much... If you are talking about the Japanese demo, that is not relevant, for that image is from the NA Demo.

Last edited:

Zek

Smash Ace
Are you guys for real? "Secret unlock so hard to get that nobody can verify it" is the oldest trick in the book, don't be so gullible.

Jamken

Smash Rookie
Sorry my point wasn't really clear. (Probably still isn't) . I saw stages such as tortimer island in the clip which were locked. If pacman was in, shouldn't he be in it as well?

Although I'm not sure if it works differently for characters than stages.

Last edited:

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Warning Received
Sorry my point wasn't really clear. I saw stages such as tortimer island in the clip which were locked. If pacman was in, shouldn't he be in it as well?

Although I'm not sure if it works differently for characters than stages.
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

I know this isn't a social thingy or whatever, but I wanted to say that I am going to sleep now, so I will no longer reply until the morning, hopefully when I wake up someone will have 20K coins!

Last edited by a moderator:

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I'd also like to clarify that I was kinda doing sessions in correspondence to how many stars I got. Once I got around 70 I stopped, which took a good while. Each 70 was around 3000G, and the sessions take quite a while. It is probably fake, but I was just gonna spend more time playing Mega Man anyway.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
Well I mean it's been done before, when people got the game early on the 11th in Japan, they played for many hours straight, it's not completely crazy.

The demo hasn't been out long enough for you to get that much... If you are talking about the Japanese demo, that is not relevant, for that image is from the NA Demo.
I have about 9000. I'm not planning on getting 20000 but it has definitely been out long enough.

LightWarrior

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0645-6857-2681

The demo hasn't been out long enough for you to get that much...
What you said here is exactly what i mean.

Of course it's possible...but hey, let's be realistic, it would take too much hours, playing non-stop, to reach that at this time..unless he doesn't sleep, eat or has a social life...xD

Last edited:

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
I just make a demo CSS image with Pac-man unlocked in less than 5 minutes, and it looks almost identical to the one shown. I would just need to load it onto my 3DS SD card. It wouldn't be very hard to fake this.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663

Getting that many coins isn't impossible. I'm now sitting at 10438G. If you really want me to I'll take a picture, I just didn't except that I'd have to prove it. This is the NA Demo, too.

LightWarrior

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0645-6857-2681
Getting that many coins isn't impossible. I'm now sitting at 10438G. If you really want me to I'll take a picture, I just didn't except that I'd have to prove it. This is the NA Demo, too.

Any tips to get more coins easily?...because my range of coins that i get is between 27-33 per match...it would take forever to reach 20k xD...i've got 5k so far :(

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Any tips to get more coins easily?...because my range of coins that i get is between 27-33 per match...it would take forever to reach 20k xD...i've got 5k so far :(
I actually have no idea! Sometimes I get 33, other times I get 50. It might be based on how hard the AI is or how well you do, I don't know.

D

Deleted member

I just make a demo CSS image with Pac-man unlocked in less than 5 minutes, and it looks almost identical to the one shown. I would just need to load it onto my 3DS SD card. It wouldn't be very hard to fake this.
We understand, it can be fake, but until someone hits 20k and has definitive proof that it is fake, then we can at least keep this in mind and try for it

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I think how many coins you get is related to how many KO's you can get. Or its at least proportionate. On matches where I get 3 KO's, I get around 55 coins. When I hit 5 KO's, I make around 64 coins.

Balmora

Smash Rookie
I think how many coins you get is related to how many KO's you can get. Or its at least proportionate. On matches where I get 3 KO's, I get around 55 coins. When I hit 5 KO's, I make around 64 coins.
Does the difficulty of the computer players matter or is there any other factor? I managed to get 22 KO's by spamming the home-run bat against level 1 opponents, but still got only 38 coins.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Might have to do with the version of battlefield you play. I only play the omega form. Perhaps item KO's aren't worth as much?

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Bad news my 3DS died and I lost all those coins..I think we're better off that friend of yours telling/showing us jjjs

Last edited:

Supersonic159

Smash Rookie
So I've been experimenting on how to increase the coins you get per fight, and I've found some pretty interesting things. This seems like as good a place as any to post this, though I might make a full post on Reddit or here later.

Spamming special moves only and getting 1 KO vs a lvl 1 random CPU gave me the lowest amount of coins, being about 9~. It actually had the coins individually rather than (Coin)x24.

Spamming tilts and KOing a lvl 1 once will net you about 20-30 coins.

This is where it gets interesting. Spamming back air only and getting 1 KO on a lvl 1 CPU nets you 50-60 EVERYTIME! I don't understand why.

I also tried a battle where I kept the CPU juggled in the air for as long as I could, but I got 23 coins.

Something with the back air makes you get a lot of coins, I wonder what this is tied to.

I played all matches with Mario.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Someone will hit 20k before release. I have 6200 and like 8 hours. Round about 24-34 hours someone should hit 20k.

Edit:
Oh so back air gets you the most coins!
Here I come Sonic!

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i'm pretty sure you get more coins when playing vs actual people so maybe this guy had been playing vs 3 other people over local wireless which would net you a over 50 coins per match. I remember people during the treehouse live talked about during the street pass that you get more coins playing vs actual ppl.

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack
Are people seriously even giving this a chance? This is the lowest effort fake thing you could do. No bottom screen, Pac-Man not even selected, nothing from in game, and this dudes "friend" suddenly disappears when we need more proof.

Also, look what I got at 30k coins!

That took about 5 minutes in photoshop.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
So I've been experimenting on how to increase the coins you get per fight, and I've found some pretty interesting things. This seems like as good a place as any to post this, though I might make a full post on Reddit or here later.

Spamming special moves only and getting 1 KO vs a lvl 1 random CPU gave me the lowest amount of coins, being about 9~. It actually had the coins individually rather than (Coin)x24.

Spamming tilts and KOing a lvl 1 once will net you about 20-30 coins.

This is where it gets interesting. Spamming back air only and getting 1 KO on a lvl 1 CPU nets you 50-60 EVERYTIME! I don't understand why.

I also tried a battle where I kept the CPU juggled in the air for as long as I could, but I got 23 coins.

Something with the back air makes you get a lot of coins, I wonder what this is tied to.

I played all matches with Mario.
Tried it a few times its giving 40-50 coins to me

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
This is the fakest thing i've ever seen. It literally takes more matches to do than unlocking every character in the full game. Whoever came up with this just wants people to waste their time.

EdwardJP

Smash Rookie
NNID
EdwardJP
3DS FC
4511-0577-1811
Honestly, the fact that you still can not get hold of your friend seems awfully suspicious. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume he's asleep. If he's still M.I.A or refuses to provide us some videos/images by morning, then it's safe to say this was a hoax.

DarkChronos

Smash Rookie
Seems like the "Dark Link" rumor from SMB64, where if you pass through the classic mode on very hard, with one stock AND without diying with Link, you SHOULD UNLOCK HIM, AND MASTER HAND, AND GOKU.

Guys please.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Seems like the "Dark Link" rumor from SMB64, where if you pass through the classic mode on very hard, with one stock AND without diying with Link, you SHOULD UNLOCK HIM, AND MASTER HAND, AND GOKU.

Guys please.
I'm gonna still try ill do anything for pac-man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom