• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I saw this, is it real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
The Japanese Demo may have transferred, but the NA one won't. I am not sure about any of the other demos, but I am sure that the NA Demo doesn't transfer.

Edit: (I should really read my posts before I post lol) If I am wrong don't judge me! I am just going off what that Nintendo Support page says!
It wouldn't make sense for the japan demo coins transfer and the NA demo not to (since they are pretty much the same demo). PR mistakes happen all the time (just remeber the Bayonetta 2 fiasco). Also if they don't transfer then why have them (even if pac can get unlocked they could have used other criterias to unlock him)

Last edited:

Hank Scorpio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hail2DThief
3DS FC
2036-7953-4724
It wouldn't make sense for the japan demo coins transfer and the NA demo not to (since they are pretty much the same demo). PR mistakes happen all the time (just remeber the Bayonetta 2 fiasco). Also if they don't transfer then why have them (even if pac can get unlocked they could have used other criterias to unlock him)
But you would have to consider that the Japanese demo came out 3 days before release unlike the special demo thats 3 weeks before the full release.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I thought this and immediately disregarded it as some photoshop, but now that I think about it, it really IS something that Sakurai would do...

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET 20K COINS RIGHT NOW

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
But you would have to consider that the Japanese demo came out 3 days before release unlike the special demo thats 3 weeks before the full release.
Ya, maybe 3 days before release our demo will reset our coins and then we can transfer!

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I want to, but....not worth the work if it's fake. BUTTTT it's also smash bros...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Ya, maybe 3 days before release our demo will reset our coins and then we can transfer!
Why would the Demo just decide to reset our coins?

I don't even think it's possible unless it uses the internal 3DS clock, which you could just speed up right now.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Why would the Demo just decide to reset our coins?

I don't even think it's possible unless it uses the internal 3DS clock, which you could just speed up right now.
Well an update could be released 3 days before released :p

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Well an update could be released 3 days before released :p
I don't think Nintendo would go through the troubles of sending out an update three days before the game's official release just to reset everyone's coins, lol.

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
Still 6 more days til I can play the demo, but it'd be cool to try out Pacman a little early :035:

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
I don't think Nintendo would go through the troubles of sending out an update three days before the game's official release just to reset everyone's coins, lol.
One can hope! :D But in all seriousness, it is very unlikely.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Still 6 more days til I can play the demo, but it'd be cool to try out Pacman a little early :035:
Ya, I do think it is a little cheap to make people wait longer, but it is a cool thing for people who don't.

D

Deleted member

I'm at 12k already. I'm gonna do some homework and take a break

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
I'm making the attempt to get to it. Just mindlessly starting and ending matches while I do other stuff. Every time I do it, it gets me 55 coins, and it takes about 20 seconds from when I press start on the CSS to when I return back to the CSS. I'll do this for a little bit longer and then just try to get the rest naturally by just playing the game.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
I'm making the attempt to get to it. Just mindlessly starting and ending matches while I do other stuff. Every time I do it, it gets me 55 coins, and it takes about 20 seconds from when I press start on the CSS to when I return back to the CSS. I'll do this for a little bit longer and then just try to get the rest naturally by just playing the game.
Okay, thanks for helping me! I really appreciate it.

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
If I continue going at this rate, I should be there in about 2 hours. Maybe less. I'll post my findings tomorrow if I get to 20K by then.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I hope this is true I want to play as Pac-Man plus I wonder if true I wonder anymore coins unlock someone else

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
If I continue going at this rate, I should be there in about 2 hours. Maybe less. I'll post my findings tomorrow if I get to 20K by then.
Cool, thanks for helping out, I can't wait to hear back from you.

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
Now that I'm actually thinking about it, this feels exactly like those rumors about certain things being in games that I actually believed as a kid.

No matter, I'll still get there eventually.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Now that I'm actually thinking about it, this feels exactly like those rumors about certain things being in games that I actually believed as a kid.

No matter, I'll still get there eventually.
Ya, by the way Sonic is in Melee. True story.

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
Actually if you quit a match it will give you the same amount of coins that you got last match (and that may be less that 55 coins depending on how you did)
Thanks for telling me. I hadn't noticed. All I could tell was that I got 55 coins no matter how I switched up the CPU levels or amount of CPUs.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Actually if you quit a match it will give you the same amount of coins that you got last match (and that may be less that 55 coins depending on how you did)
Good to know, hopefully someone will get to 20K soon.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
i am in high school but its sunday tomorrow and i did all of my homework so yay for smash bros
Ya, I am in High School also, but my sleep schedule would get messed up. Anyway, I really, really need more content in this demo, it is driving me crazy wondering if pac man is actually playable.

kicklime

Smash Rookie
NNID
kicklime
3DS FC
2921-9093-9229
Ya, I am in High School also, but my sleep schedule would get messed up. Anyway, I really, really need more content in this demo, it is driving me crazy wondering if pac man is actually playable.
i have been trying to get pac man but my efforts are futile

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
Well, I just think I made a discovery that might slow this down quite a bit. I don't think you actually get the coins by leaving the match. I did it for a good twenty minutes, to find that my coins hadn't gone up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom