• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I saw this, is it real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
I saw this picture on my friend's iPhone, so I e-mailed it to myself so I could examine it closer. It looked kind of odd to me, so I didn't think it was real. If anyone could confirm that this is indeed in the NA Demo of SSB3DS, you unlock Pac-Man at 20K coins, that would be great. My friend claimed you needed to get 20K coins in the demo. If anyone has 20K, and could prove or disprove this pic, that would be great. (If you couldn't tell, it appears Pac-Man is unlocked) Thanks!

(Please help, I don't want to waste my time grinding 20K coins if it isn't real)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw this picture on my friend's iPhone, so I e-mailed it to myself so I could examine it closer. It looked kind of odd to me, so I didn't think it was real. If anyone could confirm that this is indeed in the NA Demo of SSB3DS, that would be great. My friend claimed you needed to get 20K coins in the demo. If anyone has 20K, and could prove or disprove this pic, that would be great. (If you couldn't tell, it appears Pac-Man is unlocked) Thanks!

(Please help, I don't want to waste my time grinding 20K coins if it isn't real)
let me get 9k more and ill let ya know

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
That is the starting rooster of the full version. I haven't heard anything about 20K coins...

Last edited:

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
That is the starting rooster of the demo, but i didn't hear anything about 20K coins nonsense.
To get the demo yesterday, you needed to be a Club Nintendo Platinum member last year. Otherwise the NA Demo will be released to everyone next friday.
Ya, I have the demo, I just didn't know if when you get 20K if you unlock something or not, but thanks for the help!

Here, I'm gonna edit the post, I didn't mention in the beginning of it that there was Pac-Man

Last edited by a moderator:

EdwardJP

Smash Rookie
NNID
EdwardJP
3DS FC
4511-0577-1811
Does your friend have a source and some videos of him playing as Pacman in the demo? I wouldn't believe it until he provides some legitimate looking footage. He could be pulling your leg.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Warning Received ~ Be mindful of Double Posting
Why is pacman lit up...?
Well according to my friend, once you get 20K coins you unlock him, and I wanted help to see if this is true.

Does your friend have a source and some videos of him playing as Pacman in the demo? I wouldn't believe it until he provides some legitimate looking footage. He could be pulling your leg.
I don't think so, think it's fake?

Last edited by a moderator:

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
I feel like someone should have gotten 20k coins by now and have already reported it to the net. I can't find anything about unlocking Pac man in the demo.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
I feel like someone should have gotten 20k coins by now and have already reported it to the net. I can't find anything about unlocking Pac man in the demo.
Good point. I am now 99 percent sure it is fake, not gonna grind 20K.

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
I hope it's true.

Release for every other part of the world is in a month, and just ONE more character would be amazing. But I'm only at 6k coins.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
Im not saying its real, but ive been playing ALOT and only have 5k. So i guess its possible if he has been playing literally nonstop since the second it was released. But i kinda doubt it.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
I hope it's true.

Release for every other part of the world is in a month, and just ONE more character would be amazing. But I'm only at 6k coins.
Ya, the wait is so annoying. Even if it isn't real, I REALLY hope that we get like 1 new character/stage every week (especially a new stage) up until it is released. I feel so bad watching people playing the Japanese version, and I am stuck with a 5 character demo with one stage :(
P.S. I am not trying to sound selfish, I just think it is a good idea.

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
Hopefully, I can get to 20K before the game comes out, just to see if this is real. Even if you quit the match, you still get the same amount of coins you usually would, so if somebody is willing to do that for a little while, we could probably figure it out alot faster. I'm only currently at 4,000.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Hopefully, I can get to 20K before the game comes out, just to see if this is real. Even if you quit the match, you still get the same amount of coins you usually would, so if somebody is willing to do that for a little while, we could probably figure it out alot faster. I'm only currently at 4,000.
Oh I did not know you get the same amount of coins. Interesting. Now knowing this info hopefully this will get proven soon, and not disproved because Pac Man is awesome!

gamer8

Smash Lord
Ask your friend to just record a video of him playing Pac Man in the demo along with the character screen and all that shows the rest of the roster being locked.

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
So only about 320 more matches for me, if I get 50 coins every time.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
If Pacman doesn't get unlocked after 20K coins, is there actually any point at all to the coins?

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
If Pacman doesn't get unlocked after 20K coins, is there actually any point at all to the coins?
It appears that there isn't any use for them (y'know if the pac man thing is fake). It is confirmed that you can't transfer them which kinda stinks, but is understandable. The fact that Nintendo said they are just for fun is kind of suspicious, so if you do unlock something I wouldn't be surprised.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Last edited:

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Someone streaming the full japanese game said the coins transferred, maybe its a mistake on nintendo's part?
The Japanese Demo may have transferred, but the NA one won't. I am not sure about any of the other demos, but I am sure that the NA Demo doesn't transfer.

Edit: (I should really read my posts before I post lol) If I am wrong don't judge me! I am just going off what that Nintendo Support page says!

Last edited:

Hank Scorpio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hail2DThief
3DS FC
2036-7953-4724
From what I've read for the demo the coins do not transfer over. Click Have Other Questions and go to #5 and #6.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11320

Edit: It does state at the top of the site it's for the "special" demo that the Club Nintendo people got don't know if it'll apply to the demo that comes out on Sept.19. Hopefully it will not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom