• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Got Brawl....brought It Home....and Got A Disc Error! Help!

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
This is becoming a spamfest, but think of it this way

The person that would have won the raffle (which would be rare for them because it's chance) would have been soo stoked and then finds out his game disc isn't working.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Even smoking around your Wii will cause smoke particles to enter the system and screw it up.

I don't know if Nintendo is still offering their cleaning repairs in NA, however.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
god i hope not...they have had enough time to work the bugs out though, and i have not heard any other bugs or errors with anyone else's brawl. weird

Cheezball

Smash Ace
This is what you get for smoking! You decided to smoke and make everything worse when you could have gone to a therapist, that is if it was stress induced.

Well, just try everything you can think of, clean the disk, yeah, etc.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Anybody seriously ragging on this guy for smoking pot should go rethink their lives.
Sorry, I don't need pot to live a good life.
Especially if it will screw up my Wii.
Or put you in jail.

M.K

Level 55
Pot is wack. CRACK is wack. Meth is wack. Shrooms are wack.

God, can't you just drink a Red Bull and eat a sugar cookie for a rush? **** kids and your drugs..and your...lamps...

Marijuana is no more of a drug than alcohol or tobacco, and the sooner this country realizes that, the better.

What your television tells you, my simple-minded children, isn't always true.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Marijuana is no more of a drug than alcohol or tobacco, and the sooner this country realizes that, the better.

Marijuana use slowly causes the tissue in your brain to detoriorate, aka BRAIN DAMAGE. Pothead.

M.K

Level 55

Typical Stereotypes always trying to bribe the kids/young adults of America that smoking Pot is EVEN sane. It's not, who cares if it's not as bad, it's still bad.

Luckily, my Wii is SAFELY coated with fresh air.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Fact: Marijuana is the less dangerous of drugs(not counting tobacco and alcohol).

Fact: the Diference between Marijuana/Alcohol/Tobacco. Is that Tobacco kills your lungs, Alcohol your liver and Marijuana your brain.

Fact: Marijuana is worse.

Fact: alcohol is better.

Fact: Alcohol ftw.

Fact: i'm also drunk.

your mom

Yeah especially when they argue that pot is harmless to your body. :)
It's not.

But the damage it does do isn't much worse than fast food, alchohol, or tobacco. All of which are legal.

To those arguing that cannabis negatively affects your brain, yes, but only unrealistic quantities.

Like everything, too much marijuana is bad for you.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
It's not.

But the damage it does do isn't much worse than fast food, alchohol, or tobacco. All of which are legal.

To those arguing that cannabis negatively affects your brain, yes, but only unrealistic quantities.

Like everything, too much marijuana is bad for you.
So whats all this "take a look at your life" mumbo jumbo?

Fox_Makenshi

Smash Rookie

Yeah well all of those things are bad for you, just because some are legal doesn't make them good for your body. The karma for smokers is not the inability to play brawl but the death they'll suffer due to cancer of some kind. Why do something you KNOW will harm your body? Well these are my opinions and likely to be as flawed as anyone else's. I personally don't need to re-think my life, I'm perfectly fine with how it is.

On-topic: I hope mine works, I got my Wii shortly after launch (due to store delays) but no one in my house smokes.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

BumbleBeeTunaButt

Smash Rookie
Okay so here I am. I haven't posted in this thread for the past 15 hours because I've been busy brawling it up :) Anyway, I've been playing it on my friend's drug-free Wii. It works fine. It wasn't a defective disc at all. Like people were saying, it's all about the dual-layered disc. I can see this being a real problem. Not even just because of the smoke, but even dust or dirt in general. It seems like it won't take much to dirty that lense and cause a problem for people trying to play this game. I suggest anyone who is suspicious of their Wii try to get that sorted out before midnight. As it stands, I'm going to have to find a way to clean it myself or send it back to Nintendo and wait another week before I can play Brawl at my own house which sucks big time.

Anyway, for all of you Debbie Downers jumping at every opportunity to ridicule people....get over the whole pot thing. It's respectable of you to be anti-drugs. I am myself. But I also enjoy smoking a little pot with my friends here and there....especially when combined with some Wii. It's my choice, and I find it to be a fun time. Sue me. Not to mention, it's not like I'm sitting on my couch all day smoking blunts and playing Wii games. I can count on one hand how many times I've smoked in my room around my Wii, and was never closer than 10 feet away from it while I was. but apparently that was still enough to cause me some heart ache last night. Brawl buyers beware!

And let me just add one more time, now that I've spent quite a bit of time playing it, that Brawl is nothing short of stellar. Both my friend and I were extremely skeptical of it for the past 6 months we've spent anticipating this game. But make no mistake about it...it's unbelievable. Most of the skepticism came from reading these boards anyway lol. Don't let the negative nancies get to you people. I loved the whole wave-dashing, L-canceling gig. I loved everything about Melee that some people straight up hated, and was highly dissapointed when I found out those techniques would be gone just as most of you were. But, you have to look at this game in a whole new light. It's a completely different experience....but still just as good if not better.

Yeah well all of those things are bad for you, just because some are legal doesn't make them good for your body. The karma for smokers is not the inability to play brawl but the death they'll suffer due to cancer of some kind. Why do something you KNOW will harm your body? Well these are my opinions and likely to be as flawed as anyone else's. I personally don't need to re-think my life, I'm perfectly fine with how it is.

On-topic: I hope mine works, I got my Wii shortly after launch (due to store delays) but no one in my house smokes.

Love,
Fox Makenshi
The point that I'm trying to make isn't "Marijuana is good for you." (even though it kind of is).

My point is that if alcohol and cigarettes are legal, there is no reason why marijuana isn't.

Don't get me wrong. Marijuana is the only drug I know of that I support. Heroin and crystal meth are horrible, life-ruining drugs. The same goes to LSD and cocaine and so forth. They have serious, life-threatening effects. I've taken LSD once. It was a horrible experience.

But comparing LSD to marijuana isn't exactly fair.

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
...or slowly detiorate your brain.
did you hear that in grade three health class or something?

seriously, if you're so worried about your brain "detiorating" then maybe you should be reading books instead of playing brawl. stimultae your brain, AMIRITE? lolol

seriously, if you're so worried about your brain "detiorating" then maybe you should be reading books instead of playing brawl. stimultae your brain, AMIRITE? lolol
My words exactly.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice

Its called Science. Pothead.

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
Its called Science. Pothead.
It's called a contradiction, buddy. to say I'm a pothead simply because I'm opposing your opinion is idiotic. I'm against marijuana use. try again. maybe when you get out of middle-school you'll try citing a reference before you make such a claim.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Oh, you mean the same science that has proven marijuana to be a safe, even beneficial drug over and over again?
Dude for one thing your probably high right now as I type this...
And for another thing, what some scientists say about it doesn't make what others say any less true.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
The THC in marijuana is in no way good for you. Any "beneficial" effects are side effects of overstimulation of various receptors in your brain, which leads to addiction (in the "I love too much chocolate" kind of way, not the "I'm hooked on nicotine" kind of way).

And, in any case, the degenerative effects take place far more quickly that with alcohol, particularly in the realm of short-term memory. It's a good recreational drug, but it's not something which should be taken regularly. (same with alcohol)

Trust me, I wrote one of my theses on this. I know what I'm talking about.

DRaGZ said:
The THC in marijuana is in no way good for you. Any "beneficial" effects are side effects of overstimulation of various receptors in your brain, which leads to addiction (in the "I love too much chocolate" kind of way, not the "I'm hooked on nicotine" kind of way).

And, in any case, the degenerative effects take place far more quickly that with alcohol, particularly in the realm of short-term memory. It's a good recreational drug, but it's not something which should be taken regularly. (same with alcohol)

Trust me, I wrote one of my theses on this. I know what I'm talking about.
When I said beneficial, the happy high feeling is not what I meant. Studies have shown that cannabis can be beneficial in helping prevent certain diseases.

But you know what you're talking about.

Genesai said:
Dude for one thing your probably high right now as I type this...
And for another thing, what some scientists say about it doesn't make what others say any less true.
Except, that, you know, a large majority of the evidence is extremely pro-marijuana. Most of what you hear on the television isn't said by scientists, but politicians.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Actually there are many conflicting studies about cannabis. Some studies suggest that with an increased level of THC marijuana can produce a number of psychotic mental diseases.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've smoked pot a few times in my room....but nothing where it's fogging the entire area around the Wii. Not to mention, like I said, every other games work. Including Melee, ironically.

This is bad karma. The price we pay for trying to cheat and play Brawl early. We were so scepticle going into it too. This is the first time I ever even went into this store. We were just going in to see if they had any Brawl tourneys planned and even joked about how funny it would be if they had it already.
HA thats what you get SMOKE POT, God smites you by taking away video games, does that make since?

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
Surgeon General Warning : Pot may or may not increase your skill in Brawl, it depends if youre so into the game that you think youre in it, or you get the munchies and start eating your controller

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Actually there are many conflicting studies about cannabis. Some studies suggest that with an increased level of THC marijuana can produce a number of psychotic mental diseases.
This.
10 Char.

Top Bottom